test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Request: Logging into the Stronghold

athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
I have an issue i'd like to get fixed. When i log off and on in the stronghold, if no one is in the stronghold then i log into the previous zone i was in and not the stronghold map. Only if someone else is in there do i get to go there. This seems strange since it is the only zone in the game that acts like this. Can we get this fixed?

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    It's WAI. Stronghold is an instance that only gets created when it is needed. It is not persistent, like PE, but more like a dungeon instance; generated when it is called for, but goes away when not in use.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    Then i should get back into it from login, it should be created for me to arrive in.
  • Options
    No, it shouldn't. There's no call for it to appear, because it doesn't exist at that point in time.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    The problem is, your stronghold is custom to you. Protectors enclave is the same for everyone and easier to load if that instance doesn't exist. Loading a stronghold takes a bit longer.

Anyways, this is like the last thing on a list of 55663393748 things that I would want fixed.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User

I have an issue i'd like to get fixed. When i log off and on in the stronghold, if no one is in the stronghold then i log into the previous zone i was in and not the stronghold map. Only if someone else is in there do i get to go there. This seems strange since it is the only zone in the game that acts like this. Can we get this fixed?

The fix is easy. You want to keep your Guild open all the time, on the off chance you might want to go there, PAY FOR IT THROUGH THE NOSE!!!! There are less than a dozen zones and where you add Dungeons, Epic Dungeons, Skirmishes, PvP, Epic Trials, etc. you get about 50 locations,then add all the instances (1-50 each) - that's a lot of computer server space.

Here's the problem, There could be 15,000 - 30,000+ Guilds (each with a stronghold). That's 15-30,000+ instances that need server space 24/7/365. How much do YOU (not somebody else) want to pay for this??? $1000/yr?? MORE???? Just to keep your Stronghold open 24/7/365?

I agree with @greywynd & @oldbaldyone.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    No instance is open all the time. The server just loads the instance when you log in to it or transfer to it. No real reason they can't just load the stronghold map the same way...but again....i don't really see this as that annoying.
  • Options
    hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    What might work (and be kind of cool) is to give the Strongholds a "Bunkroom."

A small room with a fireplace and a door to the main courtyard of your guildhall. It could even be a "single person instance." Just a place to log off for the night... i.e. put your toon to bed.

This room should load more quickly than a full SH, and could (possibly) start the load-up of stronghold assets for faster zone-in. It wouldn't really solve the zoning issue, but it would allow for not having to leave the SH and find a campfire when logging off for the night (if you want a quick prayer in the morning).
  • Options
    There's a big prayer circle in PE. That is what it is for.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    While I agree that this is WAI, I also agree that it is annoying. It's a minor nuisance in the grand scheme though and, as it was stated, keeping instances open for every single guild means more server load.