test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About new broken TR

Comments

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited November 2017

sabre10 said:

I can assure you it is not that way any more in PVE. TR is awesome dps, especially focus damage on bosses. Anyone that wants to tell me it´s not runs wrong builds.

Problem here is that while it is possible to do hefty damage in PvE as a TR, it's by and large the exception rather than the rule and dependant on a number of factors. The prime one being the broken mechanic that is Shadow of Demise

There's no bones about it, SoD in it's current iteration shouldn't remain. However, as it stands the capstone is obscuring how so much else about the class is under performing. Nothing short of a proper (objective) review will resolve the above problems, and we can see how committed the dev team is to that! Their commitment is conspicuous by it's absence.
    Sadly, any major class rework has likely been postponed until Cryptic gets their new Magic the Gathering game out the door. Last I had heard the Devs who had been working on the TR rework had been pulled and reassigned. Kind of a shame as both TR and SW are badly in need of a major class overhaul, and instead they are both likely to get only hastily applied band-aid fixes which cause as many issues as they fix.
    and where exacly did you hear that the devs working on the new Tr rework were re assigned if you mind my asking ? possibly the same devs that worked on the CC changes for Pvp then promptly disappeared lol
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

and where exacly did you hear that the devs working on the new Tr rework were re assigned if you mind my asking ? possibly the same devs that worked on the CC changes for Pvp then promptly disappeared lol

They (MimicKing that is) said it on the livestream announcing mod 12. Admittedly, that was several months ago, but as they have not released their Magic the Gathering game nor have they apparently started back into the class re-works, I am assuming it still holds true.
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    > @chiennedeluxe said:
    > With the nerf to cb and cc deminishing returns I think the tr will hopefully be in a good place 12b. If you can't figure out how to avoid sod then that's your fault because it's really not that hard.
    >
    > So if I follow that logic, Cryptic could give the CW an aoe with 5 sec cooldown that do 500k dammage everyone on the map, it will be fine and balanced cause you just have to l2dodge that aoe?
    >
    > Seriously...

In most games cw do have that deadly aoe and more control. But the nerf herders have come to never winter to dumb down game play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    obekpl said:

sabre10 said:

I can assure you it is not that way any more in PVE. TR is awesome dps, especially focus damage on bosses. Anyone that wants to tell me it´s not runs wrong builds.

Problem here is that while it is possible to do hefty damage in PvE as a TR, it's by and large the exception rather than the rule and dependant on a number of factors. The prime one being the broken mechanic that is Shadow of Demise

There's no bones about it, SoD in it's current iteration shouldn't remain. However, as it stands the capstone is obscuring how so much else about the class is under performing. Nothing short of a proper (objective) review will resolve the above problems, and we can see how committed the dev team is to that! Their commitment is conspicuous by it's absence.
    Sadly, any major class rework has likely been postponed until Cryptic gets their new Magic the Gathering game out the door. Last I had heard the Devs who had been working on the TR rework had been pulled and reassigned. Kind of a shame as both TR and SW are badly in need of a major class overhaul, and instead they are both likely to get only hastily applied band-aid fixes which cause as many issues as they fix.
    sorry but Warlock is just experiencing rebirth in pvp- i would say they are 4th class in ranking of strenght in pvp but not many of them left and not many of them can master it.
    Warlocks may be doing fine in PvP, but overall they are way behind most other DPS classes when it comes to PvE performance. This is why there is a buff thread about them for Mod 13 down in the preview section ...
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User

Warlocks may be doing fine in PvP, but overall they are way behind most other DPS classes when it comes to PvE performance. This is why there is a buff thread about them for Mod 13 down in the preview section ...

You think so ?

http://xboxclips.com/FinalFantasyAC7/2e8ac56e-d9f1-4612-82bd-e6868d7b439d

I have tried several loadouts, HB tank, HB dps, SB tank, SB dps, with negation and shadowclad > same results.

WIth tank build i have 10k defense, 200k hp, 9k deflect. + 15% extra deflect from sparks. It doesn't matter what build you use.. you can't fight a tr with overpowered sod.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    > @finalfantasyac7 said:
    > Warlocks may be doing fine in PvP, but overall they are way behind most other DPS classes when it comes to PvE performance. This is why there is a buff thread about them for Mod 13 down in the preview section ...
    >
    > You think so ?
    >
    > http://xboxclips.com/FinalFantasyAC7/2e8ac56e-d9f1-4612-82bd-e6868d7b439d
    >
    > I have tried several loadouts, HB tank, HB dps, SB tank, SB dps, with negation and shadowclad > same results.
    >
    > WIth tank build i have 10k defense, 200k hp, 9k deflect. + 15% extra deflect from sparks. It doesn't matter what build you use.. you can't fight a tr with overpowered sod.

Don’t define a class beeing able to stand up to TRd as no class can.
    A good Tr have no problem taking out players 1-2 nm class combo as long as there is no Tr on the other side ofc.
    marnival said:

> @finalfantasyac7 said:

> Warlocks may be doing fine in PvP, but overall they are way behind most other DPS classes when it comes to PvE performance. This is why there is a buff thread about them for Mod 13 down in the preview section ...

>

> You think so ?

>

>

> I have tried several loadouts, HB tank, HB dps, SB tank, SB dps, with negation and shadowclad > same results.

>

> WIth tank build i have 10k defense, 200k hp, 9k deflect. + 15% extra deflect from sparks. It doesn't matter what build you use.. you can't fight a tr with overpowered sod.

A good Tr have no problem taking out players 1-2 nm class combo as long as there is no Tr on the other side ofc.

Have you even watched my video ?
    I couldn't kill this tr nor tank because of this broken sod. I didn't say i could stand up to a tr.
    Sod is broken. Damage should be reduced by 75% Tr's sod is stronger than the shadowdemon comp glitch in iwp pvp area which kills you in sec. Devs should really look into this and fix it asap before it ruin pvp more day after day.

Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

• marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User

marnival said:

> @finalfantasyac7 said:

>

> You think so ?

>

>

>

Have you even watched my video ?
    I couldn't kill this tr nor tank because of this broken sod. I didn't say i could stand up to a tr.
    Sod is broken. Damage should be reduced by 75% Tr's sod is stronger than the shadowdemon comp glitch in iwp pvp area which kills you in sec. Devs should really look into this and fix it asap before it ruin pvp more day after day.

You are preaching to the quire we all know how broken SOD and TR in general is when it comes to pvp :smile:
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    allmost every post now is broken SOD or broken pants.
    unlike umbush rings you can not blame others for it.

allmost all sandy players i see are top guilds/alliance. (you need lot of gems for it)
    insetead of complaining here, why dont you take it to you alliance?

as for SOD, i didn't see the dev admit its broken.
    allmost all TR abusing it now are top guilds as well.
    if the all "community" think its broken, how come you don't vote kick when you see TR abusing it?
    i see kicks on every match and its allways low GS or weak cleric that can't do alot.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    plavia said:

allmost all sandy players i see are top guilds/alliance. (you need lot of gems for it)

if the all "community" think its broken, how come you don't vote kick when you see TR abusing it?
    i see kicks on every match and its allways low GS or weak cleric that can't do alot.

Sounds reasonable, but presumes every PVP player joins Domination for fair play.
    That discussion could last for ages because, Lion, OP´s temp HP buffs, SoD, all those are broken or overpowerde somehow.
    You can´t kick all so maybe kick the weakest and most clueless to have a chance :)

@finalfantasyac7 I get my bud handed all time in PVP meeting those PVP guildies, maybe ask Pavlos about his build , SB tank build with Feytouched, Negation, looks nice to me, but he is endgeared at 240k HP, Lion, max. deflect I guess.
    FEy+Hadar grasp for sparks may be an answer ... probably not against TR´s
    He stands vs 3 others, no clue if those guys are top geared ones for sure.
    https://youtu.be/ebDPpmsuFAY
  • pjohnny1pjohnny1 Member Posts: 89 Arc User

plavia said:

Sounds reasonable, but presumes every PVP player joins Domination for fair play.
    That discussion could last for ages because, Lion, OP´s temp HP buffs, SoD, all those are broken or overpowerde somehow.
    You can´t kick all so maybe kick the weakest and most clueless to have a chance :)

@finalfantasyac7 I get my bud handed all time in PVP meeting those PVP guildies, maybe ask Pavlos about his build , SB tank build with Feytouched, Negation, looks nice to me, but he is endgeared at 240k HP, Lion, max. deflect I guess.
    All that video shows is what a BIS SW can do against under geared/badly played classes . Didn't notice him get hit with cb even once in that video . The TR in that video was definitely not geared/specced and straight out played poorly . If the TR was geared and stacked power recovery he wouldn't posted the vid . I seen this same SW in other 12b vids on youtube getting wrecked by burst classes that were geared . SW is not on par with the other striker classes in both pve and pvp . The people saying they are , are not facing geared players that know how to spec and play their class .
    edited November 2017
    pjohnny1 said:

plavia said:

All that video shows is what a BIS SW can do against under geared/badly played classes . Didn't notice him get hit with cb even once in that video . The TR in that video was definitely not geared/specced and straight out played poorly . If the TR was geared and stacked power recovery he wouldn't posted the vid . I seen this same SW in other 12b vids on youtube getting wrecked by burst classes that were geared . SW is not on par with the other striker classes in both pve and pvp . The people saying they are , are not facing geared players that know how to spec and play their class .
    I only tried to spend some hope...you destroyed the moment :(
    Someone wrote about the rebirth of warlock in PVP... I new it was a fairy tale.
    At least a BIS warlock get´s not owned by every TR, so that´s a lie.
    Tbh, I think runnnig NWO-PVP with a warlock you got two options.
    a. quitt
    b. don´t take it too serious

(sadly in PVE it looks like the same atm...)
    @schietindebux

Lol sorry didn't mean to stamp out you hope . The SW in that vid may well be a excellent players with that class but when it comes down to it he can't compete with the majority of the classes being played in pvp right now. It is shame the state that SW is in at the moment compared to other striker classes .
  • chiennedeluxechiennedeluxe Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    @schietindebux

The SW is clearly fighting low geared ennemy.

SW and DC are the worst for pvp.

SW need a major buff.
    Papa Smurf / Uncle Ben --DC
    Santa Claus --GF
    Gargamel --CW
  • khandran#2092 khandran Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2017

@schietindebux

The SW is clearly fighting low geared ennemy.

SW and DC are the worst for pvp.

SW need a major buff.

add HR to that list of 3
    LOL those are just a visual bug. Look at the HP bar. I bet it was 11 to 22 dammages dots ticking.
    Santa Claus --GF
    Gargamel --CW
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2017

LOL those are just a visual bug. Look at the HP bar. I bet it was 11 to 22 dammages dots ticking.
    No man, that was just a paladin with 12m temp hp.

P.S.: I didn't think anyone would take that seriously. It was just perfect positioning and timing. I think it was 2 1k hits.

LOL have to agree since that would have been over 11m non crit , your pointing out HP bar was spot on . Lol even if it was not a visual bug you think a 11m non crit wouldn't get nerfed ? Cryptic would nerf that so fast that you would begin to think they actually pay attention to their game .
    edited November 2017
    pjohnny1 said:

LOL have to agree since that would have been over 11m non crit , your pointing out HP bar was spot on . Lol even if it was not a visual bug you think a 11m non crit wouldn't get nerfed ? Cryptic would nerf that so fast that you would begin to think they actually pay attention to their game .
    As I said before: paladin with 12m temp hp.

Still, PoP needs a nerf, imagine when it's allowed to crit.

pjohnny1 said:

As I said before: paladin with 12m temp hp.

Still, PoP needs a nerf, imagine when it's allowed to crit.
    Lol sounds like when they were stacking crit severity pots when they were glitched , running around 1 shotting everyone.
    Stop it , Warlock dammage is pathetic in pvp, 11 million non crit with warlock in pvp is just impossible, stop dreaming. I play DC and I never saw a warlock doing that kind of dammage on teamates, in fact I saw 1 warlock once who really impressed me, and his dammage was still pityfull.

Warlock need serious major buff or complete rework.

Santa Claus --GF
    Gargamel --CW

Stop it , Warlock dammage is pathetic in pvp, 11 million non crit with warlock in pvp is just impossible, stop dreaming. I play DC and I never saw a warlock doing that kind of dammage on teamates, in fact I saw 1 warlock once who really impressed me, and his dammage was still pityfull.

Warlock need serious major buff or complete rework.

You honestly didn't see it was a joke? Really? I thought you were playing along doing the Captain Obvious role.
    That is just an alignment of two 1k damages, which can happen in any game with floating damage numbers. I truthfully never believed someone would take that seriously.

The joke should be obvious given warlock's current state and pitiful pvp damage.

I myself didn't see the damage perfect alignment. The ss was meant to show the glory gain to a guildie who was taking notes during the 2x glory event. He was the one who noticed and started making the jokes on our discord channel. Everyone knew what was going on of course, and playfully called out for more warlock nerfs, just as I did here. Maximum damage my warlock dealt was probably a 69k crit on an unequipped gwf (8k gs or so) when he had less than 5% life left with killing flames.
    I though it was a joke at first, but you insited so then I told myself: omg this guy is serious?

Also even if its a joke, lots of people come on the forum just to read without doing comments, and sometime those people think that what is written is the absolute true. And guess what, they go cry on the forum and warlock get more nerfed.

It all started as a joke and end up as a major cluster f**k.

Thats why I said stop it.

Dont forget the Devs dont play neverwinter, so doing joke like that can be quite risky.
    Santa Claus --GF
    Gargamel --CW
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User

You think so ?

I have tried several loadouts, HB tank, HB dps, SB tank, SB dps, with negation and shadowclad > same results.

WIth tank build i have 10k defense, 200k hp, 9k deflect. + 15% extra deflect from sparks. It doesn't matter what build you use.. you can't fight a tr with overpowered sod.
    How poorly a class performs VS TR's does not count, at all, towards judging the efficiency of said class. TR is the exception of everything. Everything that applies to any other class, does not apply to TR. You either build to be good VS it, and suck VS everything else, or you build to be good VS everything else, and get slaughtered by the TR plague.
    Nothing that involves TR's count towards anything when it comes to NW PVP.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

edited November 2017

You think so ?

How poorly a class performs VS TR's does not count, at all, towards judging the efficiency of said class. TR is the exception of everything. Everything that applies to any other class, does not apply to TR. You either build to be good VS it, and suck VS everything else, or you build to be good VS everything else, and get slaughtered by the TR plague.
    Nothing that involves TR's count towards anything when it comes to NW PVP.
    You must be joking. No class can defend against a broken sod yet you keep talking like we can have a proper build vs a tr. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

I have all classes and i have pvp'd with all classes since level 10 to 70. I know all classes strength and weakness.
    I continued with SW since it's more fun and challenging to play with.
    My Sw is maxed and have the best gears, enchants and several different HB and SB loadouts both pvp and pve + using Legendary lion.

The previous video i posted where the TR killed me without using bloodbath or any daily... tell me, isn't that broken ? I was using a Tank Soulbinder loadout with 230k HP, 10k defense 8k deflect + TR wards with sh boon.

Here is another video, recorded mod 12 pvp. Me vs Guild founder of Cosa Nostra
    I was pugging (playing solo) vs a premade team. Had no chance to win so the whole match i was being perma stunned by a TR with broken SOD. Thank god his build was more recovery then power but when a DC or GF is with him... i die instantly with 1 sod proc.

http://xboxclips.com/FinalFantasyAC7/5ff11774-6852-4269-a292-85598c6624e0

Definitely looks like lot´s of fun that NWO-PVP, lol
    It´s more fun to play "paper-sizzors-rock"
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    @finalfantasyac7
    You quite clearly misunderstand me.
    I am not defending TR's. I am not even saying I like them.
    Let's just get one thing straight: There are none, nor have there ever been, anyone in any PvP match, who hates the TR class more than me.
    Also, you are only half right about not being able to counter SoD.
    There are several Items in the game that has a chance to proc invisibility. When you are invisible, you don't take damage from SoD. TR wards = wasted guild marks. They are better spent on GF/OP wards.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!