test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

just a bit of warning/heads up about new refining system

mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
The other day my fiance had just upgraded her river district weapon set to green... having a bunch of other green gear to add points to it, she hit the refine all button... unfortunately, without realizing it, the green river district set was added to the group and was turned into points.. now while I admit I've done similar things like donating something to the guild by accident by not paying attention... perhaps not letting it group with worthless green junk like in the way green artifacts stay out of the list would be nice

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Yes, we know that. We reported that. There are thread(s) about that. Dev kinds of responded that. Not sure if they will do anything about it though.
    Send a ticket to support and he/she may be able to get it back. Someone did get that back.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Things equipped and in the bank are excluded when you convert gear to RP.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    My workaround of this is to make sure all the equipment in the list has only one slot.
    Artifact Equipment has 2 slots.
    Artifact has 0 slot.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

Another issue with the refinement system is that it does not accept lvl 70 blue quality gear for refinement. Prior to mod 12b we could use blue quality gear as rp. Now not so much.

It doesn't accept ANY blue gear.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

The other day my fiance had just upgraded her river district weapon set to green... having a bunch of other green gear to add points to it, she hit the refine all button... unfortunately, without realizing it, the green river district set was added to the group and was turned into points.. now while I admit I've done similar things like donating something to the guild by accident by not paying attention... perhaps not letting it group with worthless green junk like in the way green artifacts stay out of the list would be nice

Put a ticket in via arc not from in game https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1235869/converting-to-rp nitocris says this is the right thing to do.

• mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Thnx for the info minotaur, but she decided to just chalk it up to "I should been paying attention" and decided to unlock her SOMI relic set instead, since the new requirements make it much easier to do so.... this was more of just a heads up to other players who may have not seen any of the info in the other section of the forum where it was being discussed
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Support will tell you if you can't buy the item from the zen store, they can't reimburse the item(which is 99.9%) of items). At least that was their response in the past.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    stark760 said:

Support will tell you if you can't buy the item from the zen store, they can't reimburse the item(which is 99.9%) of items). At least that was their response in the past.

They actually can, and did. Several people get their high-enchants (R12, transc) back when deleting them by error (discarding gear, using it as transmute, vivifying it, etc). A friend of mine even got back a pack of 50 lanolin after he deleted the mail before taking the stuff that was inside of it.

I guess that with the new system and the "protected" state not implemented yet, they can be comprehensive about some important items like relic/RD weapons converted to RP by error.
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    I'm shocked, I've reported accidentally destroying a black opal when trying to refine, and going too quick. Sorry about your luck is what I got.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If you discard anything that can be used as RP, it just gets converted automatically.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • manufracturemanufracture Member Posts: 92 Arc User

OMG This happened to me yesterday - I was so angry with myself and quite frankly too embarrassed to post anything for fear of being labelled an idiot or something :smiley: Makes me feel better I am not the only one, guess I am going to get to know the Dig Sites more than ever not that I have to grind the area all over again.
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Lol.. I still run the dig sites simply because for me personally they are the fastest way to get to 100% needed to complete the daily there.... and only because I'm still collecting evidences to complete the trade tasks in the campaign even tho I don't need them.. yay completionism :p
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

OMG This happened to me yesterday - I was so angry with myself and quite frankly too embarrassed to post anything for fear of being labelled an idiot or something :smiley: Makes me feel better I am not the only one, guess I am going to get to know the Dig Sites more than ever not that I have to grind the area all over again.
    See my post above, you can get them back