What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Multiple Disconnects from Server

124»

Comments

• gbinpagbinpa Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Everytime I click play, it closes everything. :(
  • phrendonphrendon Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Safe mode or no safe mode, doesn't matter. Game client crashes after I click play.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone! We've had people working on this since we were first alerted. Updates will be posted when any new information is available. We really appreciate your patience during this time.
  • xxdanoxxxxdanoxx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same here client dissappears after pressing play
  • antontoo#7913 antontoo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Game opens for me since the hotfix but as soon as the character is moved the game crashes to desktop. Not a map change thing for me just a few paces forward and crash.
    lol my mate can play and his machine's nickname is device removed error.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    A fix for "press play and everything disappears" is expected this afternoon (Pacific time)
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • docsnuggles#6615 docsnuggles Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    "Captain!! Good news, we aren't sinking anymore"
    "Aye mate, we are sunk"
    what is afternoon pacific time in UTC?
  • trajan333trajan333 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 New User
    Well since it is already afternoon PT it kind of depends what you take to be evening. If you choose 5pm as evening then a pm PT fix would be sometime bewtween now and midnight UTC.
    Well. Don't think I will wait in case Cryptic'sevening starts at 6 or 7pm. Looks like no random skirmish for me today. Oops I forgot no random skirmishes for me even when the game isn't broken.
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    "Press play and everything disappears" should now be resolved.

Device Removed Errors are significantly different from the issue originally reported in this thread. I'll take a look at today's crash reporting numbers and see if there are any new trends. Signing out of this thread, thanks all.
  • mushellkamushellka Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 357 Arc User

Adding my voice too, it seems that the game will fail to launch almost every time.. Occasionally, it downloads a small patch, and the game launches normally, but if you exit and try to play again, you have to endure multiple failed attempts, before said patch re-downloads..

The same.
    And if I manage to login successfully -> server not responding, sudden logout, disconnected from the server, horrible lags...

Better to feed the troll than listen to the idiot .
  • chrdragon1chrdragon1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    what i found what the cause is is that the european proxy server is simply put dead.
    and each time the client trys to connect to the eu server the game goes bang disconnect and shutdown.
    if you proxy to US server there is instant login and game runs smooth
    if you put eu proxy then the whole game is dead.
    if set global and game jumps to eu proxy boom disconnect
    hope that makes sense to you guys
  • levistus666levistus666 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Last evening, I input a bug report, as several members of our guild and alliance, while playing Dragon Flight, experienced frozen screens and no server response, during the engagement. First time that happened, it wasn't just regular lag. The servers were definitely having an issue.
    Covenant of the Phoenix in NeverWinter
    www.cotp.info

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Trying to invoke 15 characters is taking half an hour atm, connections to login server timing out more often than not, in game is fine, just can't connect to login server frequently either switching characters or getting in from the screen it boots you to.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I'll second this one, I've been seeing this for 2 days now.
  • zeddzulzorander7zeddzulzorander7 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Please, tell me Im not the only one who has these terrible lags.

And no, my connection is ok.

First of all... I log-in and I cant even move.... whats weird is that no message Server Not Responding appears... just rubber-banding, unable to move, clicking 3 times on 1 skill in dungeons (especially in TONG!) + in the past few days disconnects for no reason.

This is UNPLAYABLE!
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Seems better now
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    I've been having these issues to.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    1: Ask other players in zone if they experience the same problem. If they do, it is a server problem, otherwise the server is fine.
    2: Next suspect is your network connection. Note that your local link can be fine, but links deeper into the network can be congested. Also that _some_ sites have a good response is no proof that it is not a problem with the chain of links from you to the Neverwinter servers. Traceroute is a good tool to check your Internet connectivity and verify there are no congested links.
    3: If it is not the network it is your PC. Make sure you are not running anything else, having browser windows with active video play in the background can kill performance. Also make sure your PC gets a reboot once in a while if performance is bad.
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    It's worth noting that these things seem to have a tendency to "build up" over time playing and once they start they don't really go away just get progressively worse. That is until I exit the game client program completely and then restart the game. Then usually almost like magic the issues are completely gone, at least for a decent while until they start back up again. This has been my observation anyway. There are other patterns I've noticed about this particularly in regards to load screens and hot patching.
  • zanaspus1zanaspus1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User

It's worth noting that these things seem to have a tendency to "build up" over time playing and once they start they don't really go away just get progressively worse. That is until I exit the game client program completely and then restart the game. Then usually almost like magic the issues are completely gone, at least for a decent while until they start back up again. This has been my observation anyway. There are other patterns I've noticed about this particularly in regards to load screens and hot patching.

This seems to suggest a memory leak. I, too, have been having these issues.
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

what i found what the cause is is that the european proxy server is simply put dead.
    and each time the client trys to connect to the eu server the game goes bang disconnect and shutdown.
    if you proxy to US server there is instant login and game runs smooth
    if you put eu proxy then the whole game is dead.
    if set global and game jumps to eu proxy boom disconnect
    hope that makes sense to you guys

I play without any proxy servers, because my Internet connection is Optic fiber with 15 MB/s connection, which I assume is somewhere 100+ mbps .
    Play game hosted within South east(sea) servers - some lag, but not as problematic as here.
    Play within NA hosted games = some lags, but not so bad ones.
    Play EU server minimal lag spikes.

And funnies part, I played some more demanding mmorpg games on my laptop, which also are hosted within NA servers.
    And having very low/rare lag spikes...

so it's not network problem.. But problem with code..
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • casey#2467 casey Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Well it's still not fixed, still closing after clicking play. or just not connecting at all.
  • hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    I've experienced this much worse than normal since the last patch. My intuition says it's another "problem" with the random queue - that their server is bogging down looking at all the information:
    1. random dungeon requests
    2. verifying there's not a team that's shorted (this might even be on a timer now instead of "as needed" status)
    3. looking through all the random queuers for suitable replacements
    4. checking party matches for new queues
    5. running 3 and 4 for these new queues which are less than a full party
    6. etc.
    All of this happened before, but on a much smaller scale because the AD/Shard farming runs were typically fixed and/or private.
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    I thought it was me having a poor connection, turns out it's cryptic's server lol
  • chadvaliantchadvaliant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    It's also unplayable for me. Can often take minutes just to click the invoke button. I've heard lots of people talking about it too.

This started for me on about the 18th of October. Never had this issue before that, good internet connection, and computer is fine too.

If I do a tracert it gets stopped at a Cryptic server at the second to last hop. If I run /netgraph in game the graph goes off the charts and the received files goes into the millions.

If I get a laggy load then I can try and return to character screen and load it again and sometimes it helps. Doing this only helps for a short time though as starting a dungeon often breaks it again.

@nitocris83 Is this being looked into? @terramak said he was signing out of this, hope he doesn't think it's fixed and has abandoned us.

Also, I just want to point out I was replying to a thread about lag, rubberbanding and disconnects and not just disconnects. Seems they got merged and once again I hope that doesn't mean the laggers have been forgotten.
    Post edited by chadvaliant on