test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Did they remove the mimic from the priate patrol quest?

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
Did they remove the mimic from the priate patrol quest?

I have not seen that for a while. I just wonder. I like to kill that mimic. If it is really gone, I wonder if it is because that mimic gave blue non-salvageable gear.
*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It is random. I have seen both on the beached ship and on the shore since the last patch.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • fireydog#9578 fireydog Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I saw it yesterday so its still in there
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    Thank you.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    What happened to the chance for mimics to drop something "really good" when you kill them? Because I've killed several and have never seen anything I would consider "really good"

What happened to the chance for mimics to drop something "really good" when you kill them? Because I've killed several and have never seen anything I would consider "really good"

There is nothing "really good" from a mimic. At least, I never get any.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    I think a lot of people like to kill it... which is why you don't always see it. Try changing instances.
    edited November 2017

I think a lot of people like to kill it... which is why you don't always see it. Try changing instances.

???? I was doing pirate patrol quest. I was the only one in the instance for me and there is no other instance to change to.
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User

There is nothing "really good" from a mimic. At least, I never get any.
    I think the mimic just eats junk food because that is all it ever spits out.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

I't a private instance, so it will be there...however, it can be in 2 or 3 different locations.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    I've had him NOT show up at all,, or in a random location..... I kinda like the sheer randomness of it... wish they would do this to all current mimics in older dungeons... is it a mimic or just a chest this time? ... hmmmmm
    edited November 2017

I've had him NOT show up at all,, or in a random location..... I kinda like the sheer randomness of it... wish they would do this to all current mimics in older dungeons... is it a mimic or just a chest this time? ... hmmmmm

You can tell if it is a mimic or a chest without 'touching' it.
  • cattman5cattman5 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    I have had two separate people in my guild get a few things. One got a paranoid dilution , epic quality, and the other has gotten two hearts of the dragon, blue @ rare quality.
    cattman5 said:

I have had two separate people in my guild get a few things. One got a paranoid dilution , epic quality, and the other has gotten two hearts of the dragon, blue @ rare quality.

From a mimic?
  • cattman5cattman5 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Yes not all at once, but from three separate mimics.
    Post edited by cattman5 on
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > I've had him NOT show up at all,, or in a random location..... I kinda like the sheer randomness of it... wish they would do this to all current mimics in older dungeons... is it a mimic or just a chest this time? ... hmmmmm
    >
    > You can tell if it is a mimic or a chest without 'touching' it.

Really? I thought they removed the little telltale bag from the mouse over and the difference in the wording.. one said "open" the other said "search" chest. Not that it matters much, because I rarely pay attention to the mouse overs anyway and open every chest just "because"
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Just run maps with mimics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Mimics have a round collision box unlike that of a chest which matches its drawn shape. You can walk through the corners of a mimic.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    I got an unified elements drop from the beached ship mimic
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    The chance of a "really good" drop is small, but it happens. Mounts and companions, usually green but sometimes blue. Artifacts, usually green but sometimes blue. Rare crafting resources.

USUALLY a mimic drops 2-5 green and blue items of gear, and a bunch of gold - so "not much". But the rare good drops *do* exist and *can* be very good. So much so that I'll open a Mimic every time, even if I'd skip a normal chest.
    edited November 2017
    Now, I wonder if it is a bug. I have not seen the mimic in Out-Pirate the Pirate for a long time as I mentioned in OP.
    Today, I went in again and when I got off the ship, I could not see the mimic. I cleaned up the mob in the tent area. Search around including going back to the ship and could not find the mimic. I cleaned up the other 2 groups and looked around I could not find the mimic. I went up further to kill the bears on the top and could not find the mimic. I went back and killed the crab under the tree and could not find the mimic. I went back to search the tent area again (just in case I missed something). I could not find the mimic. I went back to the ship. THERE IS A MIMIC. Arrrrrggggggg!
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Interesting to read about the odd nice piece of loot dropping from a mimic - I stopped opening them months ago. I will stsrt again now!