test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ultimate enchanting stones are too rare.

Comments

• jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Refining is more accessable true
    But only until you get to the super high tier
  • felixsatar#7252 felixsatar Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @tripsofthrymr said:
    > The least that they could do is add more ways to make AD. That way, we can actually buy them from the AH. Making 3 mill AD is not as easy as it used to be. Expecting players to earn over 100 mill AD to be BIS at the current rate of income is mind-blowing.
    >
    > If everyone can make AD easier, the prices will go up accordingly. When you print money, you create inflation.
    >
    > With time, demand will decrease and prices will drop.

The prices will not drop very much. Most rewards in the game are so worthless, that any valuable rewards will always be expensive. Fartouched Residuum, I am looking at you....
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    I've refined some stones to 13. I was lucky enough to find 2 ultimate stones (thank you 2xenchntments event) and then decided to upgrade the weapon enchantment to the ultimate rank.
    It's very expensive at the moment, but on the other (off-)hand I think that all the contents are feasibile when you're full rank 12 or 13. I sit where I am for the time being without following this madness.
    I will upgrade more if I find something in the future: quite odd that I've to invoke the "luck god" to upgrade the toon regardless how much I play and how much I spend.
    I agree that the prices will not drop soon: too many enchantments to be upgraded.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    I wish I had R14 problems, I'm still trying to get all enchants to R11 (on two toons admittedly).
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited November 2017

The AH has 111 UES now. A few accounts have 7 or 8 posted at the same time. Some people are making out like bandits.

Luck, or people with unlimited time to play? I know a couple of players who average around 20 ToNG runs per day. (personally, I'm just doing 2-4 on weekdays, more on weekends).

Then there is a possibility there might be some trick/exploit and those who know about it are just not talking in order to keep the prices up.

(Surprise, surprise - there are exploits in the game - I have reported one "excessive AD" exploit that is currently working just fine, but I am not aware of any UES-related exploit)
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

I wish I had R14 problems, I'm still trying to get all enchants to R11 (on two toons admittedly).

It's a NWN "First World Problem". I'm still working on R11 and R12 myself.
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Ppl had years to get r12s, some been here since beta you know. So yeah with recent nerfs in mind it is huge pain in the HAMSTER for plenty of players.
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

Lol, same, like many things in life, one mans "problem" is another mans dream.
  • bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    My opinion on it is they kept game a lvl 70 and instead of new content being new . its mostly all the same content just raising the strength of the previous areas I did as much damage to mobs in WoD back at beginning as I do now but ive had to get new gear refine to higher stones and still doing same damage . so each mod u just pay more to do same thing u did + 1 new area
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    Obviously this affects a lot of players, I've messaged @nitocris83 and @terramak about this issue and gotten no real reply so far.

I feel it's being either ignored or dismissed despite being very sketchy and obviously a very unpopular economic decision.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• wickedduck22#9795 wickedduck22 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    No point. Devs will just avoid this thread. What I want is to make them also drop from bosses and have a 50% chance when getting a stone out of a chest to either be double or single.
    There have been a number of proposed solutions and tbh, any of them would solve the issue for me. I think we're all basically on the same page here.

imgur pics don't work

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    The UES is gold. I'm sure the bean counters have spreadsheets that show how much money they think they can extract from whales. The super low drop rate incentivizes more buying, and creates more value to the buyers. People buying BiS now get to enjoy being at the top with fewer people until others can grind them out. That will probably be at least a mod or two.

Until enough time as passed to see if their predictions play out or not, I doubt the devs have any authority to make changes to it.
  • docsnuggles#6615 docsnuggles Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    For some the game is a job.
    For some the need to be BiS is a holy grail.
    For some the game is just a means to relax after a day in the real world.

For some the game isn't anything more than a means to gather an income.
    edited November 2017

For some the game is a job.
    For some the need to be BiS is a holy grail.
    For some the game is just a means to relax after a day in the real world.

For some the game isn't anything more than a means to gather an income.

All those things are true, and they can all develop a common goal that makes all parties content in their perspectives of the game. It's only problematic when one party wants it all and makes a grab for it.

This is where locking items behind money gated bad RNG becomes an issue. It's a money grab at that point and it causes a loss of trust of the playerbase. That's NEVER good for business.

Most of us opted to play an MMO, not go to vegas and bet against the house. It's the management of the game that has decided to alter the purpose and function of the games economy.

imgur pics don't work

• isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    Module 13 they are gonna be dropping from more sources, so I would not bother with upgrading to 14s just yet.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Same routine, new thing is released, drop rates are terrible and it's only really worth it if for people who have to BIS. I opened around 40 lockboxes, ran about 30 tongs, no stone drops. I'm not buying legendary keys to farm this HAMSTER, it's a waste of my time. It's time to sit back and wait for them to fix the drop rates just like the smart people did for MSVA.

Only scenario where being BIS is event worth discussing is in a competitive PVP environment which we obviously don't have in Neverwinter. My time would be better spent gearing up GF or TR to roll faces in PVP than try to get to BIS on my main so I could still get my face rolled by GF and TR. If BIS is holding you out of PVP, then don't PVP. They will get the point when content is dead and then they will see in the forums why and adjust the drop rates.

So for now, I'm waiting it out, building up my AD for when the stones become a worthy investment.

BTW everyone remember when MOPs cost a fortune? They dropped from nowhere (meanwhile GMOPs dropped everywhere). MOPs cost 2-3 times a GMOP for a long time until drop rates got fixed. This all seems eerily familiar. Maybe it's in the cryptic playbook to modify the enchanting system and do this? Anyhow get yourself to R13s and then relax, let the wallet warriors worry about R14

There has never been such an obvious money grab as this one. Gated behind both cash and RNG. It's true vegas styled robbery.

You guys can wait if you want. This shows to me a distinct change in milking the system that's being attempted by the game management.

In my book, if they don't improve drop rates and include non p2RNG sources of UES it makes a statement about this new paradigm and whether I'll ever invest in it.

imgur pics don't work

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

> @tripsofthrymr said:

> The least that they could do is add more ways to make AD. That way, we can actually buy them from the AH. Making 3 mill AD is not as easy as it used to be. Expecting players to earn over 100 mill AD to be BIS at the current rate of income is mind-blowing.

>

> If everyone can make AD easier, the prices will go up accordingly. When you print money, you create inflation.

>

> With time, demand will decrease and prices will drop.

The prices will not drop very much. Most rewards in the game are so worthless, that any valuable rewards will always be expensive. Fartouched Residuum, I am looking at you....

Maybe if you pull a dev's finger...

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    We were told by the devs that the purpose of the bonding nerf was to rebalance stats so that nothing was too powerful.

Yes that's fine in theory, but then why lock the ability to rebalance stats behind such a player-unfriendly rng system?

T9G was brought out to be a really hard challenge and you need a team of experienced high level players with the right mix of classes to complete it in a reasonable time. The developers then reduce player capability and lock regaining it behind playing that same dungeon but with lowered player ability, only to find they cannot get these upgrade components to drop.

@asterdahl @rgutscheradev @noworries you guys really need to cut the players a break on this. We are ok with AD sinks, we are ok with earning gear through running content, but low drop rates on necessary items is just plain unfair.

As someone else suggested earlier, allow players to buy the superior enchantments with seals of the brave, with AD or even zen from the store. This merry-go-round of running 1000 T9Gs to upgrade your enchantments is truly a disservice to the players.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    1 mark in 50 chests, people getting 2 marks in more than 100 chests, etc.

We're looking at hundreds of hours doing the SAME dungeon for several months (until hopefully something else in M13 gives marks) over and over without getting anything. Is a droprate of 1% of legendary rings and now ultimate stones something you find fun? Game designers surely don't play their game or forget that players don't have "dev tools" to manipulate RNG and tests things...

Hundreds of hours to get ONE enchantement, using hundreds keys to get nothing, no mark, or at a inhuman droprate. Yes I understand that BiS should not be immediate with R14, but this is too much. WAY too much.
    Even with a better droprate, BiS would be out of reach for the 99.999% of players, considering the amount of money you need to get your 29 enchants (or more with loadouts) to R14, looking at you coal wards.

But with the current droprate, BiS is simply unreachable except if you're willing to spend a considerable amount of money. This droprate is making the game P2W as there is no way to get BiS in a free way. No way, at all.
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

Same routine, new thing is released, drop rates are terrible and it's only really worth it if for people who have to BIS. I opened around 40 lockboxes, ran about 30 tongs, no stone drops. I'm not buying legendary keys to farm this HAMSTER, it's a waste of my time. It's time to sit back and wait for them to fix the drop rates just like the smart people did for MSVA.

Only scenario where being BIS is event worth discussing is in a competitive PVP environment which we obviously don't have in Neverwinter. My time would be better spent gearing up GF or TR to roll faces in PVP than try to get to BIS on my main so I could still get my face rolled by GF and TR. If BIS is holding you out of PVP, then don't PVP. They will get the point when content is dead and then they will see in the forums why and adjust the drop rates.

So for now, I'm waiting it out, building up my AD for when the stones become a worthy investment.

BTW everyone remember when MOPs cost a fortune? They dropped from nowhere (meanwhile GMOPs dropped everywhere). MOPs cost 2-3 times a GMOP for a long time until drop rates got fixed. This all seems eerily familiar. Maybe it's in the cryptic playbook to modify the enchanting system and do this? Anyhow get yourself to R13s and then relax, let the wallet warriors worry about R14

Saved a lot of keys through VIP used some zen for another 50 total about 120 lockbox + +about 50-60 runs opening both chests not a single drop NOT ONE so kinda gave up lost the lust for even run TONG so yea this is so bad it ruins players fun imo.

Rng is extremely bad implemented in this game but we learned to live with it but this is just to much.

A 10% culmelative chanse making 10xchest at least one drop would be more balanced 100+ chest +120 + lockboxes nothing is pita and has to be fixed....
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

The UES is gold. I'm sure the bean counters have spreadsheets that show how much money they think they can extract from whales.

Well...I think it will backfire. Taking bonding runestones from R13 to R14 might be worth the money, but for anything else, the cost/benefit ratio is just abysmal. Whales may be willing to spend money - but they want something worthwhile in return.

Spending money on keys to open more boxes or converting Zen to AD to buy the stones from lucky players at a million AD each is just not worth it.

I was practically at BiS before 12B (16.5K - basically just missing the PvP-related stuff). It took a lot of work (and some money, sure) to get to that point. Sure, I don't need it, but it's fun.

Spending years of grinding for those stones is not my idea of "fun" - it's not worth it....and that leaves me with very few goals to aim for....well, I have still to kill 13000 elementals and cultists for the last few "Slayer" achievements - that's a realisti goal at least....but that's it - that's all I can look forward to.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • megasvassiliosmegasvassilios Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    +1, Gonna add myself to those with 60+ runs opening both chests getting 1 (one) drop from the epic dungeon chest.

As @marnival above and many others say in the beginning felt frustrating but after few days passed i'm rather calm again going back to routine running other stuff and enjoying the runs with my friends not expecting really anything and not spending for legendary keys etc.

Yesterday did 3 runs Tot9G= 9 bosses NOT a single salvage or refinement drop. Really. A game that a 5 min run with a not geared toon at a random dungeon or random skirmish nets more than the end game dungeon. You should look into this guys even before stones drop rates. (sry if that puts the idea of nerfing (as usual) random runs I really mean improving the end game rewards)

well guess i'm just gonna add this to my long list of bad rng like never acquired legendary dod, brutality or rising power, legendary mount, 200+ tries on 3% and the list goes on.
    edited November 2017
    I'm wondering how many names have to add themselves to this list and how many times the devs/community manager are mentioned before a response is formulated. I'm really surprised this many people are being essentially ignored at this point. We're bringing pertinent concerns about a distinct change in economic paradigm within the game.

When will the playerbase who are obviously affected and unhappy be addressed? @nitocris83 @terramak @rgutscheradev @balanced#2849 @mimicking#6533
    Post edited by ltgamesttv#0999 on

imgur pics don't work

• stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    I've run TONG 22 times since the mod dropped, I got 1 ultimate stone the total time during x2. You get more out of Lost Artifact from the keys. Sad. +1 to needing to raise the drop rate. Also, please change Hero's accord on the "random". 99% of the groups go in with 2 DC, 1OP, 1 GF, 1DPS. Not 3 DPS and 1 DC and 1 OP/GF.