test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

before you fix double dc's

onlymatonlymat Member Posts: 350 Arc User
My main is a 14,8 k DO/DC - I always have been and I never was haste DC or AC because its popular or was popular.....

please wait how Bonding runestones nerf will change the DC's.
You will change the random queues to only get AD from random runs - so there is only 1 DC in party - the double dc will be less in demand.
People need longer for daily dungeon runs and without getting AD from premade there is no need for a fix of double DC's.

If you want to fix the DC's to make them heal more, then you have to increase heals of a DC.
I would then like to see CRIT heals (critical strikes heals) improved alot so people can also go for this route.
The main Problem is then, that DO DC's are bad again. You can't heal oneshots and a DO dc has much harder time to protect the group.
AA is much better for protecting the group.

If you add more heals to DC you have to nerf lifesteal alot. On my 13,7 cw I never need heals but buffs.....
If you nerf lifesteal I will not survive as a cw in harder areas...... people will complain alot.

you change the dungeon runs to get AD only from random runs - you nerf bondings - wait until you do something to DC's.

If you really want to change things then improve healing as first step for DC's and you can forbid to have 2 DC's in same Party.

use the time instead to rework TR or SW - much better invest in time.

Comments

• Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The groups looking for 2 DCs won't be running random queues. They are farming specific content rather than looking for a daily AD bonus. That said, whatever fix the devs have in mind won't come with 12.5 but 13.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    jdizzle4469#7877 jdizzle4469 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I am a dc and my question is. Me and my other dc friends are not going to be able to run together in a dungeon? We have all went threw lvling the hard grind when this class had terrible dps ability. Spent alot of money and time as everyone has. Had to help each other out to get threw dmg aspects of this game that was a struggle to obtain. Now can anyone clarify that 2 dc will not beable to play this game together anymore?
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

I am a dc and my question is. Me and my other dc friends are not going to be able to run together in a dungeon? We have all went threw lvling the hard grind when this class had terrible dps ability. Spent alot of money and time as everyone has. Had to help each other out to get threw dmg aspects of this game that was a struggle to obtain. Now can anyone clarify that 2 dc will not beable to play this game together anymore?

In the 12.5 random epic dungeon queue system, you are unable to queue in as 2 DCs for a random run.

However, if you run the private queue, you are able to run double DCs. Hell, you can run a full DC or any team composition you want.

The reason threads with topics like this are popping up are because the devs not so subtly hinted that they dislike how all the best teams want a DO DC and an AC DC.

(Which is translated to "DCs are gonna get nerfed Soon™")

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    and yet the GF + OP synergy is still also in high demand and doesn't suffer the same vitriol...
  • Options
    > @rjc9000 said:
    > I am a dc and my question is. Me and my other dc friends are not going to be able to run together in a dungeon? We have all went threw lvling the hard grind when this class had terrible dps ability. Spent alot of money and time as everyone has. Had to help each other out to get threw dmg aspects of this game that was a struggle to obtain. Now can anyone clarify that 2 dc will not beable to play this game together anymore?
    >
    > In the 12.5 random epic dungeon queue system, you are unable to queue in as 2 DCs for a random run.
    >
    > However, if you run the private queue, you are able to run double DCs. Hell, you can run a full DC or any team composition you want.
    >
    >
    > The reason threads with topics like this are popping up are because the devs not so subtly hinted that they dislike how all the best teams want a DO DC and an AC DC.
    >
    > (Which is translated to "DCs are gonna get nerfed Soon™")

Ty for your response. On the nerf note I really don't understand why they keep nerfing. All it does is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ppl off. They need to just give the sw cw tr gwf a paragon path to be viable at giving buffs. That would be very viable and add alot of ppl to run dungeon as all classes.
  • Options
    > @jdizzle4469#7877 said:
    > > @rjc9000 said:
    > > I am a dc and my question is. Me and my other dc friends are not going to be able to run together in a dungeon? We have all went threw lvling the hard grind when this class had terrible dps ability. Spent alot of money and time as everyone has. Had to help each other out to get threw dmg aspects of this game that was a struggle to obtain. Now can anyone clarify that 2 dc will not beable to play this game together anymore?
    > >
    > > In the 12.5 random epic dungeon queue system, you are unable to queue in as 2 DCs for a random run.
    > >
    > > However, if you run the private queue, you are able to run double DCs. Hell, you can run a full DC or any team composition you want.
    > >
    > >
    > > The reason threads with topics like this are popping up are because the devs not so subtly hinted that they dislike how all the best teams want a DO DC and an AC DC.
    > >
    > > (Which is translated to "DCs are gonna get nerfed Soon™")
    >
    > Ty for your response. On the nerf note I really don't understand why they keep nerfing. All it does is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ppl off. They need to just give the sw cw tr gwf a paragon path to be viable at giving buffs. That would be very viable and add alot of ppl to run dungeon as all classes.

Mostly the cw tr and sw classes
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    Instead of making sw, cw or tr mega buffers (which I assume not many want their class to be), they should instead address the fact that the dc power sharing is simply too much. As the opening post already said, they also need to make healing the primary speciality for the cleric.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    putzboy78 said:

Instead of making sw, cw or tr mega buffers (which I assume not many want their class to be), they should instead address the fact that the dc power sharing is simply too much. As the opening post already said, they also need to make healing the primary speciality for the cleric.

absolutely not, there is no room for dc healer in this game, making it our specialty would kill the class
    There is also no room for crowd control, threat (as all the tanks these days discuss is yet more buffing), stealth or speed. The developers have dealt with the power creep by just adding ever more hitpoints and making everything one shot kills, this has lead to this ever widening gap where on the one hand you have people bragging about their absurd 15 minutes all dc runs and on the other hand people taking more than an hour with the undesirable classes. They need to close the gap between the "must have" and the reject classes, a start would be not make everything about dps, this will add more fun and challenge to the game (forcing the player to do more than just think how to boost their dps) and not keep making a lot of classes obsolete all the time.

The cleric specialty was in fact never power sharing, read the cleric description at the character selection page or look at all the healing related feat/encounters/dailies. In the queues I see the role "healer" mentioned, I don't see "power sharer". I have yet to see a senior developer or any other authority from Cryptic declare that the role of the cleric is power sharing, that being the case I do find it valid to say that they need to make healing viable.
  • Options
    miyanaamiyanaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User

The cleric specialty was in fact never power sharing, read the cleric description at the character selection page or look at all the healing related feat/encounters/dailies. In the queues I see the role "healer" mentioned, I don't see "power sharer". I have yet to see a senior developer or any other authority from Cryptic declare that the role of the cleric is power sharing, that being the case I do find it valid to say that they need to make healing viable.

Ive been playing NW since beta, a DC since mod 3 and I literally HATE it that now what makes a DC good is how much Power they have... Only cause atm DC is a Power-sharing bot..

Miss times when it actually took some skill to play this class. Now all it takes is money/being able to get urself bondings and stack all this Power and yey, u are good to go.

Ive noticed (when running 2 DC parties nonstop) that people dont even bother to use encounters properly, they just spam AA to share dat oh so useful Power lol.

Its sad. I really, REALLY wish they nerfed it to the ground and removed Bondings completely. Maybe then the game would be somehow challenging.
    PvP DC ~ Meep Neox
    YouTube
  • Options
    chiennedeluxechiennedeluxe Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    I agree with Miyanaa. And the worst part of it is they take us in group ONLY for that (buff/debuff). They dont care about healing.... the life steal and self healing that all other classes make useless the DC healing.

Papa Smurf / Uncle Ben --DC
    Santa Claus --GF
    Gargamel --CW
  • Options
    miyanaamiyanaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    I mean I do prefer buffing/debuffing over healing, or would prefer using both. But in a way that u have to know how and when to debuff/buff, like it used to be.

Im just against Power sharing.
    PvP DC ~ Meep Neox
    YouTube
  • Options
    azaylin#1903 azaylin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Why do dc's feel like they need to have a spot in groups? Why is there no replacement for them? When you want a tank you grab either GF or Pally... need a HEALER... you grab a DC. This imbalance needs to be adjusted. I am glad the dev's have it on the radar. Two tank runs... two dc runs... are bad for the game as a whole, why play a dps in the current meta of 4 supports and 1 dps... Pretty sure when everyone started this game and saw the que option for dungeons we all saw the 1tank 3 dps 1 healer as their desired party design.

Do tanks need to be balanced yes, but I think that comes after they balance the healers and set a focus on what they want them doing. I would love to see the day when endgame dungeon runs are built around 1 tank(either class) 3 dps(any 3) and 1 healer(devOP or DC)!
  • Options

I agree with Miyanaa. And the worst part of it is they take us in group ONLY for that (buff/debuff). They dont care about healing.... the life steal and self healing that all other classes make useless the DC healing.

Exactly and that's why if we got turned into healer the class would be dead. Not to mention you could take an OP or a Templock which are often more effective healers anyhow.

Why do dc's feel like they need to have a spot in groups? Why is there no replacement for them? When you want a tank you grab either GF or Pally... need a HEALER... you grab a DC. This imbalance needs to be adjusted. I am glad the dev's have it on the radar. Two tank runs... two dc runs... are bad for the game as a whole, why play a dps in the current meta of 4 supports and 1 dps... Pretty sure when everyone started this game and saw the que option for dungeons we all saw the 1tank 3 dps 1 healer as their desired party design.

Do tanks need to be balanced yes, but I think that comes after they balance the healers and set a focus on what they want them doing. I would love to see the day when endgame dungeon runs are built around 1 tank(either class) 3 dps(any 3) and 1 healer(devOP or DC)!

If you need a healer, you can grab OP or templock, even CW can spit out some solid heals. So do DCs think they need a spot in groups? No, but its nice for people to want you versus the alternative of being TR which only gets attention at 17K ilvls and is still considered a second class citizen.

And when people want a tank, they grab GF and Pally, its not an "or" scenario.

But don't forget we suffered for 5 mods in all DPS configuration meta. All CW to be precise.

The game should never be 1 tank, 3 dps, 1 healer meta. Ideally (as @miyanaa indicated) you'd end up with a 1 tank, 1 crowd control, 1 AOE DPS, 1 Single Target DPS, and 1 healer. But the content would have to fit the meta and I don't see them reworking the content this way. First they killed the tanking skill requirement by not requiring positioning for CA (making mark give combat advantage), then they killed healing (with to much self heals tanks no longer needed to position mobs to avoid AOEs on party and healer role no longer required), then they removed cc from half the mobs and the other half die to fast to require it, and now its just a keyboard pounding dps race.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

absolutely not, there is no room for dc healer in this game, making it our specialty would kill the class
    First off let's back up and look at the bigger picture here. This game is based on D&D. Last time I checked Clerics were healers first and foremost. The second function for a cleric is buffing the group and third is helping take out enemies.

As for Fighter they have two jobs; damage and holding threat so that the squishier classes can do their thing and that is produce high damage for the team.

This is a MMO game and most other MMO games you don't have an ability to sap enough health so healers don't need to heal.

IMO...power sharing should be removed as standard feat and only be included when you are an AC/DC and only off BoB. AA would provide a damage buff and shield. Similar to a DO damage buff but at a lower % due to AC having the ability to share power when using BoB.

These minor changes would fix the buffing side of a DC.

The other issue is Life Steal. As I stated in the Life Steal thread the devs should adjust the % we receive. That would boost the need for a healer and when the devs adjust the DC buffing they should increase the amount of healing done on the HoT and Burst heals. This would make DC vialbe as a healer, remove the crazy DC buffing and balance out both DC. It would not remove the two DC mentality as groups would still want them for their ability to buff though, but it would reduce their buffing capability and put more emphasis on healing.

The other thing the devs can do is remove the private que system from the game. This way, as players, we are encouraged to run more balanced group even with preformed groups. No more two tanks, two healer in runs. If the devs do this; they would have to incorporate a buffer role into the game and allow classes that buff to select that role based on their build.

This can needs to grow and expand as does the community thoughts on where this game is today. Simply leaving it as is; well there are many flaws and issues in the present state. If the devs cannot fix these issues now; it will only get worst as the game continues to add higher stats through gear, enchantments, boons, etc...

• Options
    azaylin#1903 azaylin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I think when I say healer you thinking I need a class to actually heal, I am not saying that at all.

When you look under queuing for a dungeon and it says "Group Requirements"1 Tank 1 Healer 3Dps, I am pretty sure that was always their intention on how dungeons should be run. And this is where I want to see the two classes that can fill that role dev pally and DC, to be equal.

Yes private ques have opened up some pretty large doors that have created the 2tanks 2 dc, 1 dps meta. I don't want private ques to go away, but I feel those groups are pretty much breaking the game(apparently so do the dev's). It is making it be "a keyboard pounding dps race. I think this is why the devs have a focus on random ques.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

First off let's back up and look at the bigger picture here. This game is based on D&D. Last time I checked Clerics were healers first and foremost. The second function for a cleric is buffing the group and third is helping take out enemies.

As for Fighter they have two jobs; damage and holding threat so that the squishier classes can do their thing and that is produce high damage for the team.

This is a MMO game and most other MMO games you don't have an ability to sap enough health so healers don't need to heal.

IMO...power sharing should be removed as standard feat and only be included when you are an AC/DC and only off BoB. AA would provide a damage buff and shield. Similar to a DO damage buff but at a lower % due to AC having the ability to share power when using BoB.

These minor changes would fix the buffing side of a DC.

The other issue is Life Steal. As I stated in the Life Steal thread the devs should adjust the % we receive. That would boost the need for a healer and when the devs adjust the DC buffing they should increase the amount of healing done on the HoT and Burst heals. This would make DC vialbe as a healer, remove the crazy DC buffing and balance out both DC. It would not remove the two DC mentality as groups would still want them for their ability to buff though, but it would reduce their buffing capability and put more emphasis on healing.

The other thing the devs can do is remove the private que system from the game. This way, as players, we are encouraged to run more balanced group even with preformed groups. No more two tanks, two healer in runs. If the devs do this; they would have to incorporate a buffer role into the game and allow classes that buff to select that role based on their build.

This can needs to grow and expand as does the community thoughts on where this game is today. Simply leaving it as is; well there are many flaws and issues in the present state. If the devs cannot fix these issues now; it will only get worst as the game continues to add higher stats through gear, enchantments, boons, etc...

Obviously the classes in this game are completely dumbed down for an MMO. So I'm not sure you can use D&D as a reference. Otherwise clerics would be the superior class for dealing with undead. In the same regard ice damage wouldn't hurt frost giants and fire damage wouldn't hurt fire archons.
    http://engl393-dnd5th.wikia.com/wiki/Cleric&gt;

Divine magic, as the name suggests, is the power of the gods, flowing from them into the world. Clerics are conduits for that power, manifesting it as miraculous effects. The gods don’t grant this power to everyone who seeks it, but only to those chosen to fulfill a high calling. Harnessing divine magic doesn’t rely on study or training. A cleric might learn formulaic prayers and ancient rites, but the ability to cast cleric spells relies on devotion and an intuitive sense of a deity’s wishes.

Clerics combine the helpful magic of healing and inspiring their allies with spells that harm and hinder foes. They can provoke awe and dread, lay curses of plague or poison, and even call down flames from heaven to consume their enemies. For those evildoers who will benefit most from a mace to the head, clerics depend on their combat training to let them wade into melee with the power of the gods on their side.
    The point of a cleric is its versatility, in D&D they can serve as stand in tanks, as healers, as buff and debuffers, and as damage dealers, especially vs the undead.

I think when I say healer you thinking I need a class to actually heal, I am not saying that at all.

When you look under queuing for a dungeon and it says "Group Requirements"1 Tank 1 Healer 3Dps, I am pretty sure that was always their intention on how dungeons should be run. And this is where I want to see the two classes that can fill that role dev pally and DC, to be equal.

Yes private ques have opened up some pretty large doors that have created the 2tanks 2 dc, 1 dps meta. I don't want private ques to go away, but I feel those groups are pretty much breaking the game(apparently so do the dev's). It is making it be "a keyboard pounding dps race. I think this is why the devs have a focus on random ques.

i'm still for private queues, they let us to experiment and run with our friends. No reason rewards for private queues can't be diminished in comparison to public queues.

On another thread someone mentioned setting up queues so everyone gets a role and the role selection determines a buff for the run. Example a tank could get a +RI buff, healer role would take a +outgoing heals, cc role gets a +cc buff, etc. Would be very similar to the orcus fight in buff mechanics in tong today.

The reality is all of this is pipe dreams because changing roles would be a huge undertaking. The early game had the mechanics for the D&D roles but the dungeons soon departed from that and only got worse as cc immunity got out of hand and all bosses became single target slug fests. If you look at the original mechanics of the original dungeons you had scenarios where crowd control was needed, heals were needed, tanks were needed. Then the set bonuses such as HV made CWs to tanky and the balances quickly changed. I don't think there is a going back.

• Options
    superent666superent666 Member Posts: 133 Arc User

How is dc power sharing still too much after it just got heavily nerfed? I guess the biggest problem of power sharing is that it creates a big number on toons´ stat sheets and that is apparently disturbing to some because they don´t have the slightest idea what it actually means in terms of dmg-increase so they think: "OMG totally op overbuffingblah". While buffs with a x% increase to damage that take zero skill in applying, positioning, building your toon are somehow ok. Because reasons... (Terrifying Insight, for example, is about as idiotically lame as it gets...:P). Right...-.-
    The power-share mechanic is actually a more dynamic and interesting buff-mechanic because its strength does rely on several
    factors...the dc´s stats/build, positioning, the recipients bondings, the recipients stats (as in less buff the more power the receiving toon has already) etc.
    And if you compare it to the DO´s buffing potential that can be achieved AND applied much more easily (and boringly) how
    exactly is power sharing still "simply too much" now? I´ll be glad to hear an explanation.

As for healing: I wouldn´t mind if healing and mitigation from a dc was actually relevant at least in the toughest content
    but for that to happen there would have to be huuuge changes (nerfs!) to lifesteal, tanks, boons, insignia, content etc.
    So that appears to be very unlikely to happen. Sadly, since of course it would be awesome if combat would gain more complexity and would offer room for more kinds of contributions like healing, mitigation and cc.
  • Options
    It's still too much based on the fact that 2 dcs is what is considered the norm to get things done. Then there is also the fact that 5 dc runs are the fastest in Tong. And like I already mentioned, if there is a disconnect on how to play the game between those that make the game and those that actually play it, this is a problem that cannot be dismissed by saying "just accept it". At the very least then let somebody from Cryptic say this is the case and give everyone a free class change token, if they don't do this then every criticism of the current state is valid and cannot be argued against.
  • Options
    you mean 5 DCs is the fastest for single class runs? 5 DC certainly isn't the fastest configuration over all. I think a 5 GF run could be pretty competitive, they can deal a ton of damage.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Private ques have got to go.

Instead the devs should evolve the game and create a controller role/buffer role for the game. Update all class and any class that is listed as Utility/Controller should have a build for buffing the group. This would expand the game a bit more and allow players a bit more flexibility in their builds.

GF, DC, CW, HR, and TR (not 100% sure with TR) are all designed around controlling but adjusting the game and making it buffing would be better suited for the gaming community. It would also remove the stand 1 tank, 1 healer and 3 DPS that go into random Q and would allow a class like a GF and DC to play something other than a tank or healer. CW, HR, and TR would be able to play a buffer instead of a DPS.

I'm all for changes as long as it provides improvement for the player base and adding another role and assigning that to a handful of classes would benefit the game more.

If the devs do this; they would have to fix the GWF tanking role so they can actually play as a tank.
  • Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Just as buffed power doesn't affect the amount of power I share, buffed power should not be shared through bonding runestones... THAT was the change that needed to be made instead of nerfing AA and then nerfing bondings across the board

Triple/quadruple power-sharing is what makes lifesteal so powerful, as those giant hits are what fuel it, and so this is also what is making healing unnecessary... Orcus can drop death roombas on the party and nobody needs to move now
  • Options
    no reason to get rid of private queues, they need to adjust the rewards to be inline with the trouble of private queues. I like private queues, they allow me to play with my friends.

dc as controlling :D:D:D , our controls are HAMSTER, and the one time we had a situationaly useful control they nerfed it into oblivion.

Either way they aren't going to do what you want because it's to much effort to justify the ROI. If they had continued with the game that way early on sure, but we are so far off the path of having cc roles in this game, i fail to see how they would re-implement it without a complete rework.
  • Options

It's still too much based on the fact that 2 dcs is what is considered the norm to get things done. Then there is also the fact that 5 dc runs are the fastest in Tong. And like I already mentioned, if there is a disconnect on how to play the game between those that make the game and those that actually play it, this is a problem that cannot be dismissed by saying "just accept it". At the very least then let somebody from Cryptic say this is the case and give everyone a free class change token, if they don't do this then every criticism of the current state is valid and cannot be argued against.

So power-sharing is "too much" only insofar as it can be stacked with a DO´s buff/debuff action in a group with multiple dc´s. And since the devs said they would end the 2 dc meta and you think this will be done by making one of them unviable (they said they would not but who knows...) and since you don´t play and don´t like the AC path and don´t give a damn about those who do it should be nerfed away. Well, that´s an extremely unconvincing argument to make but at least we cleared that up...:P

Just as buffed power doesn't affect the amount of power I share, buffed power should not be shared through bonding runestones... THAT was the change that needed to be made instead of nerfing AA and then nerfing bondings across the board

Triple/quadruple power-sharing is what makes lifesteal so powerful, as those giant hits are what fuel it, and so this is also what is making healing unnecessary... Orcus can drop death roombas on the party and nobody needs to move now

lol...unless you´re deliberately trolling I have no idea how you could possibly pipe up with this stuff...:P
  • Options
    The challenge is that they have removed many of the complexities of the game, consider ITF which used to be tied to stats for effectiveness and synergies with the DC well thanks to use adding to RI. Now its a dumby power similar to TI because its just click and let her rip. This also removed our responsibilities in buffing RI, freeing up a power slot for more buff/debuff and reducing the effectiveness of HG over AA which ultimately led to the death of DOs for 8 months until the DC rework.

A big part of this is simplifying the calculations which improves game performance. I believe that's why most think power sharing is at risk, however as I've said before leaving power sharing in the hands of OPs while nerfing DCs won't fix the issue. The issue really is around bonding and transferring 200-300% of a stat. The reason this is a problem game wise is every time they add new armor with a 200 more power on it, then DC and OP convert it to 600 more power for the party. The correct resolution is to add a diminishing return which would encourage some investment in other stats, the lazy solution is making bonding only transfer base stats.

And yes power sharing does impact the self healing mechanisms (just like all of our buffs/debuffs). Since lifesteal works as a percentage of damage dealt, the more damage a person deals the more life they can steal and the less dependence they have on healers. This is partly why our ranking on the heal charts are not as high as they would be otherwise. Lifesteal is a passive heal and by providing buff/debuff we help it and that relieves us from healing responsibilities.
  • Options
    putzboy78 said:

And yes power sharing does impact the self healing mechanisms (just like all of our buffs/debuffs). Since lifesteal works as a percentage of damage dealt, the more damage a person deals the more life they can steal and the less dependence they have on healers. This is partly why our ranking on the heal charts are not as high as they would be otherwise. Lifesteal is a passive heal and by providing buff/debuff we help it and that relieves us from healing responsibilities.

Yea exactly...just like all of our buffs/debuffs and those of other classes...thus to single out power share as the evil doer is just...ya know...um, creative...^^
  • Options
    I don't think anyone sees powersharing as the evil doer itself, what people see is that because of its multiplicative nature with each new piece of gear or with each new enchant change the gap between have's (high geared powershare teams with high ranking bondings) and have nots (team compositions with limited power sharing and with augments or low ranking bondings) becomes greater.

This makes the creation of content that is accessible to the have nots and yet challenging for the haves impossible. That's why power sharing gets so much vitriol.

The fixes are easy, they introduced one option recently which was the nerfing of bonding which I don't necessarily agree with. The other options would be to make bonding only transfer unbuffed stats which seems like it would be easy since they already did that to the DC but must not be since they chose to nerf bonding instead. The next option would be to introduce diminishing returns to power or a hardcap to power (hardcap would create other issues, specifically like where to dump excess stats).
  • Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User

lol...unless you´re deliberately trolling I have no idea how you could possibly pipe up with this stuff...:P
    I don't expect it to be a popular opinion, but I don't think its that hard to understand
    @putzboy78 went into more detail, and I think until the root cause it fixed, they will continue to dance around the issue by nerfing a little bit of everything until party power is brought back into line

They already nerfed AA, and then bondings altogether, (though I despise the 30 second lock thing that is just more of the same kind of "you are not supposed to ever know what your random stats are in battle" garbage they have been feeding us since SKT) and then they will nerf Life Steal and mess around with 2 DC parties and this and that and diminishing returns and more tinkering and nerfing

All they ever needed to do was stop companion's gift from passing on buffed stats... it was just that simple

But they wouldn't/couldn't do that and so now we have to ride the nerf train until I guess we all decide for ourselves when its time to jump off
  • Options

All they ever needed to do was stop companion's gift from passing on buffed stats... it was just that simple

But they wouldn't/couldn't do that and so now we have to ride the nerf train until I guess we all decide for ourselves when its time to jump off

Alright...so powersharing was perceived as a problem by the devs (even though there was absolutely nothing wrong with it but ok)...and because they are so mean and unreasonable in order to solve that problem they nerfed everyones bondings instead of leaving them alone and addressing the root of the problem directly...the powersharing dc. All that was ever needed was to stop companion´s gift from passing on buffed stats....so simple.
    Because if an AC DC with 50k base power shares 29k power to party members that would be an appropriate number....no more problems...no further nerfs to be feared. Right?
  • Options
    don't forget OP and CW can pass stats through bonding. It's not just a DC challenge, only dc is getting the attention. How to fix it is complex, how to avoid it isn't.

When they raised the enchants from R10 to R12 (this is about the cross point where the bonding vs augment discussion becomes debatable) they could have done like they did with armor and weapon enchants and given them a different ability instead of increasing the amount of stats shared. Unfortianetly the mod 6 development team didn't have the vision to see what problems this would cause (similarly the challenges introduced by removing diminishing returns has caused problems). So how to fix

You institute diminishing returns, so no stat can be come super valuable

you remove buffed stats from the bonding transfer

Those are the options that would present a long term fix
This discussion has been closed.