test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So guild advancement is supposed to basically stop now?

2»

Comments

• Options
    thegravelnome#9466 thegravelnome Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    Thank you for taking a second to drop us a note. The last thing I want to see is this game that I love die.
  • Options
    dzaimsdzaims Member Posts: 86 Arc User

.. feedback is being heard.

Thanks for the acknowledgment!

Ancient Spirits officer

NW-DM9Pj62ZK 'Bear with Me'
    NW-DOPPZAYKQ 'Retirement Plans'
    NW-DKJMLS8OQ 'Sleepy in Cea Tull'

• Options
    shanks#8721 shanks Member Posts: 7 Arc User

Feedback is being given on a continuous basis to the team (between me passing it on and them reading it directly). We definitely appreciate the break down on how features like RQ are impacting different levels of gameplay since it allows us to look at things more specifically. I don't have any updates on whether or how features will be changed or updated but I did want to reassure that our silence doesn't mean we are ignoring, it means we are processing and are now just able to get to a place where we can respond and acknowledge that feedback is being heard.

Thanks for letting us know
  • Options
    sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    I can pretty much vouch that this mod has already caused many players to quit, and it isn't only on PC. As an Xbox player, I know first hand our numbers are dropping fast due to the hit guilds will be taking. There are many of us watching this forum closely to see what you PC players have to say about the changes, and out of my small guild I would say about half have said "There is no point anymore," and moved on to something else. For some of us in lead positions, leveling the guild is our main goal. Once that is gone, not only does it ruin our experience, but it is frankly depressing to play a game you used to enjoy with friends and they're all gone.

The bizarre RQ change was bad enough on its own because we were already anticipating a cut back on time played with guild mates (despite what was said in the announcement thread, it is obvious that there is no way this will be faster than running a Cloak Tower solo twice to get your AD so you can move on to helping guild members in River District or farm IG or whatever the group decides to do for the day.) The hit to small guilds in regards to shards is just flat out a game killer.

That isn't even getting into how we're all forced to go our separate ways to find a large guild so we can boost our item levels and all that entails.

This is not a small vocal minority complaining for the sake of complaining. This really is undermining a big part of the game.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

The hit to small guilds in regards to shards is just flat out a game killer.

The best option for smaller guilds is to encourage members to run random skirmishes on more alts - and keep complaining to the developers. Killing off the smaller guilds surely cannot be a part of the plan.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    luvirini#8766 luvirini Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    adinosii said:

The hit to small guilds in regards to shards is just flat out a game killer.

The best option for smaller guilds is to encourage members to run random skirmishes on more alts - and keep complaining to the developers. Killing off the smaller guilds surely cannot be a part of the plan.
    Except that most of the alts are level 70 and too low item level to run skirmishes. And given how they built the guild cleric quests killing off smaller guilds seems definitely to have been planned. I mean the alternative would be that the whole company is below IQ 70 and that level of raw stupidity seems far less likely by far than deliberate attempt to kill of small guilds.
  • Options
    sorvikcorsairsorvikcorsair Member Posts: 64 Arc User

Feedback is being given on a continuous basis to the team (between me passing it on and them reading it directly). We definitely appreciate the break down on how features like RQ are impacting different levels of gameplay since it allows us to look at things more specifically. I don't have any updates on whether or how features will be changed or updated but I did want to reassure that our silence doesn't mean we are ignoring, it means we are processing and are now just able to get to a place where we can respond and acknowledge that feedback is being heard.

Thank you, silence can seem deafening.

I hope you will think about lower level Guilds more.

Stronghold issues still not addressed. are but not exclusive to the following-

Glory= we need a way outside of pvp to get Glory period. All our quest for stronghold should give some glory to give to our Stronghold. pvp is still broken. Where is Gaunlegrym no one seems to do it anymore. Give us Glory' we earned it!

Dungeon Shards=Give us Dungeon Shards, whenever we do a dungeon we get some, so many per day as currency to donate.

Tending Stronghold= Let us tend the stronghold from the guild page, just like we can access and campaign store from our j.

Stronghold portable holes= or bags for sale in the stronghold, stronghold teleport scrolls,camping equipment to set up a tent anywhere in the stronghold you want, temp 4 hours?.

These are just request, I would hope you do more than I am asking for smaller Guilds'

To add to this, the 400 cap for influence daily needs to go. Perhaps make it 400 for SH HEs, 400 for WoD HEs, 400 for IWD HEs, and 400 for SKT HEs?

Conqueror's Shards = Needs to be boosted, lower requirements, or more ways to earn them. Plain and simple.

Strongholds like Housing in other games has SO much potential, yet it seems like no one wants to upgrade it at all! We appreciate some of the aesthetic improvements recently, we really do.
    Neverwinter
    Fearless Wolves - GM
    Slorik - GWF
    Eevil'N - CW
    Sybyl - GF

Star Trek Online

Sorvik Corsair : KDF Reman Engineer
    S'karn Corsair : KDF Gorn Intelligence
  • Options
    neevakleenbladeneevakleenblade Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Speaking as a small guild leader, I would say that this mod is going to hurt small guilds a lot. The shard quest is particularly harmful. At best members in small guilds will have one toon that meets all the requirements to get the shards and the guild will only have a couple of members that are able to run the dungeons. this greatly reduces the amount of shards a small guild can get, making the dungeon shard now as hard to get as the conqueror shards. Before it was possible to get the shards needed for upgrades by running etos, throne, and whatever epic you were fond of, and also sending under 70 alts on the lower quests. Now the main way to meet the upgrade needs will be to buy with zen the shard packs and I can tell you very few guilds can do that. buying the zen packs when you're a bit short makes sense and isn't so bad, but to have to buy the full amount needed with zen is madness. Most small guilds will give up and move on.

Another problem small guilds like my own have had for a couple of mods is the need for tyrannical treasure being so high. right now most are so busy grinding the river district, chult and the storm king they don't have time to grind wod to feed the coffer. it would be nice if you added the ability to make a voucher to the end of the tyrannical campaign, if there is one I haven't seen it, and or lowered the upgrade needs of tyrannical treasure. the Siege event is helpful but still could use more.

If you make it possible for small guilds to thrive then you'll sell more stronghold packs because smaller guilds are the ones that will buy those pack. The big maxed out guild have no need for them.
  • Options
    minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Also speaking as a small guild leader, our dungeon shards have been stuck at 1.9K/3.2K for the GH upgrade we need since the day after the release, and we have no chance to advance. My main chars are in a bigger guild and none of my characters in that guild can random queue.