test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

About "nEW" PVP

argaill1910argaill1910 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
Sorry we cannot accept bugs taken from pve world to pvp. We cannot agree with bugs witch is in that game and i dont care about classes, we all know how we must play to be kind players. We do not support any overbuged stuns and items from pve world. In this mod all try to play pvp and im glad with that, but HAMSTER taken from pve bugged world are not supported from Us. Give Us back our clean pvp... maybe make old style pvp, and those new one. And we will check how many players want to play in clear old mod "our" pvp and how many players will keep that new module witch Cryptic made now.

So we should vote please.

Comments

• nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User

Give Us back our clean pvp... maybe make old style pvp,

Many players often refer to the "old days of pvp before mod 6" as if they were really fun. I must have just joined the game just when things turned to the worse, but I have always been curious about what made it so much fun.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
    miyanaa said:

Many players often refer to the "old days of pvp before mod 6" as if they were really fun. I must have just joined the game just when things turned to the worse, but I have always been curious about what made it so much fun.

Before mod 5 (not 6) you had basic gear, thats when skill mattered the most. You didnt have all these bullsh*t items increasing all of ur stats or healing you 24/7, no mount powers, just ... things werent so broken, you know? Everything was basic.

Sure there were bugs or things not workin properly, but it wasnt THAT bad.

Was there any incentive to spend money/invest resources on the pvp part of the game back then? Sounds like maybe not, and that is why they ruined the game with all those new items. Sad, if so, but that probably means that those days may never come back.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • miyanaamiyanaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User

miyanaa said:

Before mod 5 (not 6) you had basic gear, thats when skill mattered the most. You didnt have all these bullsh*t items increasing all of ur stats or healing you 24/7, no mount powers, just ... things werent so broken, you know? Everything was basic.

Was there any incentive to spend money/invest resources on the pvp part of the game back then? Sounds like maybe not, and that is why they ruined the game with all those new items. Sad, if so, but that probably means that those days may never come back.

I mean, you still had enchants which you had to upgrade, and artifacts (3 of them,if I remember right), enchants were rank 10 max tho.
    So of course it was very powerful, but if u were good u could compete vs those rank 10 players with your rank 8s no problem, cause there was no mount powers or so, no stupid rings or pants that proc weird stuff lol.

It was way, way more balanced and easier for new players to compete.
    PvP DC ~ Meep Neox
    YouTube
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited November 2017

miyanaa said:

Half the games revenue used to come from pvp .... then they got side tracked cause they had to learn to code and convert the game to xbox and ps4 and that sucked up all the resources and was the end game goal before fixing anything

a match would pop in seconds and you would always meet tons of people you did not know / never had seen
    and anybody expert could die 3 v 1 if they were not carefull even ganked by newbs
    miyanaa said:

kalina311 said:

a match would pop in seconds and you would always meet tons of people you did not know / never had seen
    and anybody expert could die 3 v 1 if they were not carefull even ganked by newbs

Kind of difficult to believe that newer and more experienced players could mix nicely in pvp once upon a time in this game! Such as far cry from today's typical domination match. You guys are lucky to have experienced it.

Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • callidus1986callidus1986 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Developers balance this "PvP game of yours" right know is so HAMSTER bad ... 90% population GF and TRs... seriuosly put the freaking armor pen cap or something ... its so disbalance is stat rating ... good luck bringing new people to game rare chances if not balanacing simple stuff in PvP
  • grampyrulz#4209 grampyrulz Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Well, let's take some time off releasing new classes so we can balance the classes that we already have. Hmm, maybe some new classes (not new really, absent core classes that should already be there) can balance the issues at hand.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    most average Tr /pallies and gf have double digets deaths on the leaderboard *shrugs* so average population has increased of mid level players ... there are very few "godlike players* ;left and they are dying

how many immortal tr are on the leaderboard looks around ...i dont see many
    how many immortal gf are on the leaderboard looks around hmm dont see many
    the pally immortal bug is annoying yes

total leaderboard pages on the Pc at the moment are ~150 x players per page is the population that has tried it

on the other hand hr cw warlocks also have positive kill to death ratios of on average of 5 to on down to 1 to 1
    so more effective at kills then last mod .. are the kills mostly from range or close quarters ? dunno the best cws can only brag a 5 to 1 kill to death ratio ...elite cws can get 10 to one kills to death

are 1 v 1 fair vs some classes to hold the node no... .. are some killable in a mass mob in the choas of battle ...yes
    is this happening in premade scenario vs solo q....

any class(cw) that is not stacking full movement in pvp with current CC changes deserves to be killed/ run down /not be able to get away ..this should be obvious to most mobility is key
    *shrugs*
    movement is the most important stat in PVP especially when some classes have more then you fort next to no investment

perhaps class movement speeds need a balance check as well by the devs
  • grampyrulz#4209 grampyrulz Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Movement has always been one of the most powerful (if not THE most powerful) abilities in PvP. Unfortunately monks aren't on the list, or druids who are immune to movement debuffs. Hmmm...

But hey, we got GFs that can buff move speed, and TRs that move faster when stealthed, what more do we need?
  • andre#8369 andre Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I felt worse than a SW on my 14.5k dc in pvp. But hey at least AS grants a healing increase. Smh
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Must admit I've just given up with pvp on my main HR. After the piercing blades nerf last mod, he wasn't particularly deadly anymore, but at least was tanky due to self heals. Now with the extra healing depression, and the new cc, which is ironically stronger than before, GF prone is amazingly long now, and cws entangle... my 16k combat HR died constantly waaaaaay before he could build 4 stacks...

Luckily I have a TR alt, weighing in at a just about useful 13k, which remains the only character that is any good now in PvP.

As has been said, right now, unless you have a TR, an OP, or a GF, annnnnd at a push, a very good CW... you are just tank-fodder in PvP.

Which is a real pity since tbh. Pve-wise, there's almost nothing to more do in mod 12b, that you shouldn't have done already in mod 12 before the bonding nerf.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    From what i experienced so far. TR is still overrepresented and with some gear and adaequat deflect outperforms all other.
    If someone comes up and tells me: "Hey, but my TR get's killed all time"
    I would say: "Hey get some deflect and this shiny potion on top. It halves incoming damage..."
    And if he says: "Hey, I still get killed"
    I would say: "Hey, honestly, step out of PVP."

Last mod:
    Hunter-Dev:"Hey Boss. We got serious problems with piercing blades in PVP"
    Boss:"OK, fix it, nerf it, idk"
    TR-Dev:"Hey Boss we got serious problems with Shocking Execution...some player stated they got double-oneshotted.."
    Boss:"OK, fix it, nerf it, idk"
    TR-Dev:"But TR's should stay a thread to all armoured classes...(not knowing those classes do have nice tools vs piercing)"
    Boss: "OK, fix it, buff them, give them piercing damage, idk"

In PVE TR deals top DPS with SoD procs , 10 mio hits on Bossencouter. It is one of his main sources of damage.
    SE was no tool in PVE, now things are worse, since PVE and PVP feature are close together"
    Messed up even more, mod by mod, nothing new.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I speak of one single proc 10 mio, followed by 9 mio, followed by 11 mio in a row on a boss... Never saw one 50 mio proc of that feat, but maybe it happens.
    Idk about how much they deal that way, if it leads to a smooth run let it be, the buffer worked hard to make it happen.
    I care about the fact that it is piercing and main source of DPS, which leads automatically to broken PVP builds. Poorly thought in the sum and predictable.
  • pindaoppindaop Member Posts: 117 Arc User

miyanaa said:

kalina311 said:

Kind of difficult to believe that newer and more experienced players could mix nicely in pvp once upon a time in this game! Such as far cry from today's typical domination match. You guys are lucky to have experienced it.

yes indeed first few mods were the best, i remember giving a friend 20k ad once he reached lvl 60 and that was enough to buy basic pvp gear, yes with ad, rings were for free, and rank 5 enchants.
    Same like this guy had except lesser vorpal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTuOxmxG_gA

• pindaoppindaop Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Right now its all to complicated , who wants to do 13 mods of boons, some strange grindings , mounts, gear farming, rings farming, refining 10 items.
    bondings, pets, all that just to play a simple 3 button game, people just want to log in and play ,
    Even if all that stuff was for free its to complicated to for a new player, and without new player its gg.
    I remember time when it took 5 min to compete in pvp once u got to lvl 60.
    You should be rewarded by getting to lvl 70 and start enjoying the game even more.

And btw pve is HAMSTER too, you just run while geared people pwn everything doing 10x dmg as you .
    Back in a day even frozen heart was awesome farming place and you would never know if u would finish it or not, was that hard.
    So yeah pve is about getting gear to hit high numbers on dolls, and pvp is about .....
    trying to kick out poor geared people out or playing against same people over and over
    gg.
    Anyway with solo q its bit better.

• tristanusstristanuss Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    i really miss mod5 pvp.. completed all campaigns at mod5 pvp, i want it backk =(
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    PVP was allways broken in a way.
    TR had SE in its pervious life, prema stealth, piercing sabotage, SE and now SoD, there is always something.
    GG was completly one sided for delzons. Luskans couldn't go down the campfire.
    but PVP was full all the time and competitve.
    i remember kicks was not allowed in PVP for a while but i can't remember kicks at all.
    we had the conditions for PVP to be popular:

1) PVP was the first place for equip.
    purple items was hard to find and all started with PVP armor.
    ppl complain tong takes too long... ToS i never did legit and it was always 2+ hours
    kardux first boss was 10 wipes at least, sometimes we stay by the fire for 5min cause kits are expensive.
    spell plague was crazy long, even with 2 good CW's the last boss was hard.
    and even if you do dung, you have to do it in specific hour to open the chest (no keys) and hope to get what u need.

2) PVP was must for AD.
    participate in 2 matches was enough for 4K, unlike today siege/shards only win give reward.

3) PVP was balanced.
    few boons, rank 5 and lesser was enough. purple mount was wow.
    and even if you see bis there was big diminish. more then 1K Arp was waste, same for speed and other stats.
    when AC came all pvp clerics switch to it. it was the only way to reach 20% deflect.

4) PVP was part of PVE in mod3 and it kept it busy later for the boons.
    in IWD as cleric i was fat fish till mode 5 so all i remember is death but overall it was busy.
    Post edited by plavia on