test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Broken Pants and Boon causing more CC than the CC reduction you were trying to fix.

Comments

• sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User

Hi everyone! Issue was escalated and investigated. A fix is being worked on the pants to implement a power that limits when it can trigger.

We will also be reducing the chance of the boon gaining a stack that ends up making it trigger.

Thanks
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    on another note a fully specked Cc build for example cw with entanglement on tab / imprisonment ... can hold you for 5-9 seconds as well ... due to the fact that the devs cc stacking system is flawed in that to get current cc imunity at a levels it was before you need 3 or so stacks ..

so. as an opening move . at 1 or 2 stacks CC effects work way way stronger (before cc imunity kicks in at 4 stacks ) in pvp then (then they did before when there was a tenacity cc resistance stat )and can be leveraged for even stronger trollyer Cc effects .. and some very creative builds

this may be the devs intended design that cc effects last longer ( in pvp ) on opening moves then before and are sharply diminished but as of yet we have had no comment on the design goal philosophy of thier new cc stack system and its flaws /merrits

ya you will die a lot ... but will also kill /troll people in hold .. not used to dying either ..
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    kalina311 said:

on another note a fully specked Cc cw with entanglement on tab / imprisonment ... can hold you for 5-9 seconds as well ... due to the fact that the devs cc stacking system is flawed in that to get current imunity at a level it was before you need 3 or so stacks ..

. at 1 or 2 stacks CC effect work way way stronger (before cc imunity kicks in ) in pvp then they did before and can be leveraged for even stronger trollyer Cc effects .. and some very creative builds

ya you will die a lot ... but will also kill /troll people in hold .. not used to dying either ..

xm nice info control duration nothing to do with a cc stack. Also a sw can hold you with that hadar grasp for long time ( so build cc resist again).
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Please fix them in PvP only, the stats are somewhat sub par for their PvE IL (deflection is less useful than some other stats for many characters), so they need a good bonus power to be worth buying (and I've just bought several as they turned up in our alliance, I don't PvP).
    edited October 2017

Please fix them in PvP only, the stats are somewhat sub par for their PvE IL (deflection is less useful than some other stats for many characters), so they need a good bonus power to be worth buying (and I've just bought several as they turned up in our alliance, I don't PvP).

because an item has crummy stats of couple hundred points (less then 1% of a stat )and you dont feel the item is feasible for some (your)pve builds and therefore deserves to be broken in some other way is your justification ...just lol

no they dont need a good bonus to be worth buying if they are not for your class ... are you going to say the hitpoints are useless on it too : P

ya some items should work differently in pvp vs pve
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • fuxion#7775 fuxion Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    sabre10 said:

Hi everyone! Issue was escalated and investigated. A fix is being worked on the pants to implement a power that limits when it can trigger.

We will also be reducing the chance of the boon gaining a stack that ends up making it trigger.

Thanks
    Just delete the sandy pants all together please ! i'm sure the majority of the pvp community will agree.

give some nice refinement awards for sh seige and gauntilgrym so more queue for these instances as well as domination ;)

easy :)
    when will this be fixed please ????
    0.5 max would make sense ... 2 secs is enough to kill any player not even a legendary artifact likie taimat's orb of majesty stunns for this time ...lol .. i mean really !
  • alj0schaalj0scha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    I would really like to know what you Devs were thinking by creating such an item in the first place and what reaction you have expected... introducing cc immunity with permastun-pants. Thats beyond ironie, thats just cynical.
    edited November 2017
    @morenthar

There is a big difference in having the resources to "test: everything" .. and creating an item by its very nature and inception and description already sounds problematic and broken ... a dev designer created something that would be hard to code and balance and he knew it could cause pvp / pve issues / did not care / created something that is hard to dual code for both / took the hard path

not to mention the item's text description was translated into multiple languages ... and no hampster questions the 5 second stun mechanics or if its actually working as intended by its own unbalanced sounding description

even if you are not a dev or even a casual player or know nothing about gaming and only played super mario brothers the description /duration sounds off / out of whack

before even getting the go ahead to code the item/debug ...
    the description of how the item might work sounds off and someone approved it

the pve mobs if they could would also complain about the pants

Pve mob : "what the heck we have been cc immune for many mods no amount of Cc stacking a player can do will effect us cc imune trash mobs and no cc build will be viable " player enters pve with sandy pants now has Strong Cc with no counter
    Pve mob "this is broken as hampster we are supposed to be cc imune to troll players .. "..
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Ooh, respec and some pants and I might actually be interested in PvP.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • nerfcc#8605 nerfcc Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    ^
  • nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    deldrach said:

I’m for decreasing the duration to 2-3 seconds however I’m not for deleting or removing the pants.

I get the pants are annoying but like @morenthar said earlier, it’s the same song and dance just a different mod.

@morenthar 's statement had nothing to do with supporting the mistakes in game design that are made or accepting them; quite the opposite if you read it: he just expresses frustration at not being listened to. The stuns need to be removed completely from pvp, as if the amount of cc is not already enough. I met a couple of TRs tonight wearing them. The moment you try to attack/debuff them you are stunlocked and dead before you realise it. I honestly don't care about whether they stay or go in pve.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • callidus1986callidus1986 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    This Game has NO PvP totally 90% pop of GF in PvP ... and barely can 1 in PvE ... there is not and never be balanced good PvP game here ... Dominion is not PvP its puggers palace ... force to make do PvP map just 1 map .. what about Gauntrim PvP or Siege ... I dont advice for new players test this game specially in PvP ... situacion is gone bad to worse ... P.S those pants - blame developers yourself if you wont getting people here to PvP mod 12 was even better then this 12b with rainbow Q system
  • aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    @nitocris83

Unless they are going to respect CC resistances and immunities... along with a SERIOUS cooldown... just remove the equip power and replace it with something that isnt going to be abused.

The "Trolls" in icewind pass are already using them to harass other players and run away, only to come back and do it again.... rinse... repeat.

And reducing it to a 2-3 second stun is useless without a cooldown... which it does not currently have.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

@nitocris83
    The "Trolls" in icewind pass are already using them to harass other players and run away, only to come back and do it again.... rinse... repeat.

Especially a certain TR troll from a guild that always seems to be in a hurry around Midnight. I'm sure he is there now loaded up with the new pants and all the drains he can carry ...
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)

@nitocris83

Especially a certain TR troll from a guild that always seems to be in a hurry around Midnight. I'm sure he is there now loaded up with the new pants and all the drains he can carry ...
    You mean the same Halfling Troll that an entire guild once had standing orders to "Forget winning the match... kill him as many times as you can?"

Play Legit or Quit
    terramak said:

Sandy's Assault Pants
    Resolved an issue wherein Sandy's Assault pants caused the condition "stun" instead of the indicated condition "daze."
    Resolved an issue wherein the debuff icon for the effect from Sandy's Assault pants displayed only a black box.
    The triggered effect on the item "Sandy's Assault Pants" now has a 60 second cooldown and its duration has been reduced from 5 to 3 seconds.

Perfect! Thanks!!!
    Play Legit or Quit
  • nerfcc#8605 nerfcc Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    if pvp had this much attention when the game was first released it would be huge. Unfortunately the population has died off. Make a new game "neverwinter pvp" or something clever. People will get hyped.
  • deadlycode#3788 deadlycode Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    I have a feeling so many of the bugs in this game have to do with the huge amount and variation of stats there are in game, something is bound to get glitched
    Aurone@DeadlyCode
    https://www.supremeempireguild.com/
    Guild Leader
    --------------------------
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    Pants are not entire problem, community is always mixed bag, bad implementation of potentially trolly and skilless mechanics is what makes this an issue.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

Big Thanks for at least fixing/nerfing this.

and within a week - Really impressive :)
  • nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User

terramak said:

Sandy's Assault Pants
    Resolved an issue wherein Sandy's Assault pants caused the condition "stun" instead of the indicated condition "daze."
    Resolved an issue wherein the debuff icon for the effect from Sandy's Assault pants displayed only a black box.
    The triggered effect on the item "Sandy's Assault Pants" now has a 60 second cooldown and its duration has been reduced from 5 to 3 seconds.

Perfect! Thanks!!!

Do they also give stacks of cc resist? And is the 3-second duration further decreased by existing stacks?
    5x3 seconds = 18 seconds in total of being dazed per minute on node 2 without counting all the rest of the cc spammed. Still sounds like a very undesirable outcome to me.

And I guess no action has been taken yet on the boon.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    "NWO-PVP: A never ending tragic story"
    I gonna write a book about it. So much suffering for the brave PVP-community.
    No, it´s really not that funny any more, you have my condolence.
    edited November 2017
    :( hey didnt fixit !~ still getting stunned for 3 seconds not dazed ...
    what rubbish ....