test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official: M13 Scourge Warlock Changes

Comments

• hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Pillar of Power and Power of nine hells feat rework, = hellbringer templock become irrelevant build.
    Fury without ability to utilize it as debuff + dps + providing allies buffs within fights = Fury HB irrelevant build. (fury is not tank, stand in face with boss(master svardborg or t-rex is impossible)).
    As dmg wise Pillar of Power is not shining one, and due owlbear cub nerf its become almost nonsense.
    So fury tree become soulbinders only. (seems mod 10 rework where in wain... )

Just wondering, why you not merge Power of nine hells feat in Pillar of Power encounter. ?

That's pretty much exactly what I did! Power of the Nine Hells now only causes the buff applied by Pillar of Power to last an additional 1/2/3/4/5 seconds. Pillar of Power (by itself) now grants allies the exact same buff as 5/5 points in Power of the Nine Hells would now. Sorry if that was hard to understand through my previous post, it's kind of hard to put that change into words.
    miscommunication happens..
    I mostly where confused due line > Pillar of Power: Now grants 50% of its buff effect to allies standing in it.< And by standing, I remembered old it's mechanic, when players indeed had stand inside Pillar of power effect area, in order have buff applies.. And once they step out = they lose it..

I think we will need more clear tooltip wit this encounter. to make sure thete would be no more miscommunication.
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    @balanced#2849

When possible, this would be a good QoL change

- Increasing PoP radius by a large amount, it is rather small on live. Doubling its radious would make being Po9H-less easier to compensante for allies and SW would have a larger area to stand on, that would make it easier to keep PoP buff up :)

As for bugs:

- Gates of Hell is not benefitting properly from SW debuffs on target, given same conditions, GoH effectiveness is lower than that of power powers like TC.

Tyrannical Curse:

- Doesn't work vs either t-rex variant nor the King of Spines.
  • merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User

@balanced#2849

The changes you suggested to Creeping Death and Soul bonding are step in the right direction and we thank you very much for that :)

Edit: not sure if I'm understanding how much PoP will buff dps for SW and allies without Po9H o.O

However, regarding Pillar of Power and Piwer of the Nine Hells, it comcerns me and here's why, based on @thefabricant testing a while ago, if you can check that out please do as if it's correct then what you inted for PoP and P9oH wiññ be a pretty severe nerf:

As per Sharpedge's testing back in mod 10.5 or so

Pillar of Power without Po9H:
    Dps boost:
    SW: 12%
    Group members: 12%
    Both lose buff instantly the moment they step out of PoP

Pillar of Power with Po9H
    Dps boost:
    SW: 24%
    Group members: 18%
    Both can retain buff upon leaving PoP up to 5 seconds

So, provided that that holds true on live, you can see that what you intend for PoP and Po9H could actually a pretty severe nerf, please can you check that out? Perhaps you can tweak PoP so, without Po9H it can buff for the values it does on the last example? Losing that 12% dps boost for the SW and 6% for allies would be very bad and in a way would kimd of cancel out tjhe buff you inted for Creeping Death :(:open_mouth:

Just tested before posting this and Sharpedge's testing still does hold true on live so the change to PoP and Po9H is actually a 12% dps nerf :( Is there anything that can be done about it? If 12% is gonna get lost as a consequencen then it logically is better that either PoP buff without Po9H gives 24% dmg for SW and 18% for allies or that PoP and Po9H are left just as they are on live. Please consider that othetwise it will be a 12% permanent dps nerf that will cancel out the buff to Creeping Death and hit Hellbringer in general really badly :( Like, Creeping Death is given 15% more damage but 12% of personal dps is permanently lost with suggested changes to PoP and Po9H :(

oh wow, now this is the type of stuff we are talking about. increasing CD dmg, and soul bonding giving a considerable boost to your allies dmg. Now if only we can make Tyrannical Threat great again. I have been wanting to pay more atretion to my HB but with the owlbear nerf and the changes on PoP idk if i wanna use that for anything else besides a templock.
  • sorcha#9865 sorcha Member Posts: 32 Arc User

I started playing this game about a year ago, my first character I made was a SW so all was good until started hearing the history of the class..I can not fathom why the dev's would nerf the class as much as they have...

I have 3 other characters a OP, DC, and a CW, only the CW is above 9k but none of them are ready or able to take the main role....

but if I had more data on my ISP to play with maybe I just might download a new game that is not so messed up...of couse now we this dumb RQ making the game almost unplayable.....

I have little to enjoy at this time....
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    etelgrin said:

So now we will got DPS builds - Soulbinder Fury and Hellbringer Temptation buff oriented build, this change is already quite nice. Very good work! Thank you for hearing us out and for your quick intervention @balanced#2849 you are da real MVP!

Soul Bonding is penalized twice in PvP because first of all you got your damage reduced by opponent resistances and tenacity flatbuff, then the healing outcome is reduced by PvP healing depression. This should be lifted because its already once penalized.

Last thing please just fasten up these super slow power animations and we are good to go new mod, if you can't adjust what I've listed on my previous feedback post, just only please take care of Harrowstorm, cause this one is particularly horrible - like I said easier to interrupt than to cast, it doesn't need that much tweaking just be a bit more responsive like by a 1 or 1.5 second faster/smoother. :smile:

.. or we can now try full fury Hellbringer with reworked Killing curse (even if the additional damage given by this latter will not be very significant) :)

For PVP and for the problem of the absence of "cleanse" function, I was thinking that there could be a change in one of the T1/T2/T3 feat of the Temptation tree (like "vengeful curse") that could :
    -give mitigation/shorten the duration of the control effects underwent by the warlock (and his allies)
    -give a chance to stop poison/dot damage
    (I don't pvp but I think it could be useful for both pvp and pve)

btw Thank you @balanced#2849 <3 The latest changes are very welcomed.

Post edited by werdandi#8366 on
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    > @balanced#2849 said:
    > Pillar of Power and Power of nine hells feat rework, = hellbringer templock become irrelevant build.
    > Fury without ability to utilize it as debuff + dps + providing allies buffs within fights = Fury HB irrelevant build. (fury is not tank, stand in face with boss(master svardborg or t-rex is impossible)).
    > As dmg wise Pillar of Power is not shining one, and due owlbear cub nerf its become almost nonsense.
    > So fury tree become soulbinders only. (seems mod 10 rework where in wain... )
    >
    >
    > Just wondering, why you not merge Power of nine hells feat in Pillar of Power encounter. ?
    >
    > That's pretty much exactly what I did! Power of the Nine Hells now only causes the buff applied by Pillar of Power to last an additional 1/2/3/4/5 seconds. Pillar of Power (by itself) now grants allies the exact same buff as 5/5 points in Power of the Nine Hells would now. Sorry if that was hard to understand through my previous post, it's kind of hard to put that change into words.

Nice... but again, is there any way these changes can be implemented sooner? The 6-9 month wait is gonna make warlock life miserable in the mean time. There has got to be some way to expedite these changes and the other changes to the other classes. Maybe do a mod12c?

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• xdd2k#7484 xdd2k Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    First of all thanks a lot for these changes, especially the soul bonding with the curse for allies looks great!

I just wanted to adress as well the issue of the following changes you want to try.

Darkness: Now causes enemies to take 10% increased damage from you
    Darkness: Tooltip updated to mention Harrowstorm (functionality unchanged)

The interaction with Harrowstorm will be pretty unhandy for this feat, because you can get in the situation where you can cancel you own buff even by accident, because of the curse synergy of harrowstorm. As well would it be better if the darkness feat would also affect your allies to be a viable feat to choose and to make it fit for the role of a support.
    If you want to stick to harrowstorm for the darkness feat you should think at least about some changes to make it work.
    Maybe it could be like this:

Harrowstorm
    - increase damage for the encounter
    - cancel the curse synergy

Darkness
    - Enemies damaged by Harrowstorm briefly deal 2/4/6/8/10% less damage to you and your allies.

- Now causes enemies to take 10% increased damage from you (and your allies maybe, don't know if it is too much togehter with the curse change)

Just as an idea if you want to stick to harrowstorm.

Ps.: Excuse my english, it is not my native language.

Post edited by xdd2k#7484 on
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    @balanced#2849

Just wanted to say I'm truly appreciative about the work you've put into the SW so far, even as you say it's not a full or even partial rework, it is still a positive change... So thank you! :smiley:

The last updates seemed really nice for Fury/Temptation Capstones, so definitely looking forward to those!

Though I'd still like to mention the rework to Eldritch Momentum is meh at best, in fact it's pretty much just no bueno overall. Is there anyway to reverse it or tweak it to something more viable/useful? Personally I'd prefer it simply remains as is with maybe a small party buff for utility or something, but that's just me... lol

Either way, as stated above:

va8Ru.gif
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Pillar of Power and Power of nine hells feat rework, = hellbringer templock become irrelevant build.
    Fury without ability to utilize it as debuff + dps + providing allies buffs within fights = Fury HB irrelevant build. (fury is not tank, stand in face with boss(master svardborg or t-rex is impossible)).
    As dmg wise Pillar of Power is not shining one, and due owlbear cub nerf its become almost nonsense.
    So fury tree become soulbinders only. (seems mod 10 rework where in wain... )

Just wondering, why you not merge Power of nine hells feat in Pillar of Power encounter. ?

That's pretty much exactly what I did! Power of the Nine Hells now only causes the buff applied by Pillar of Power to last an additional 1/2/3/4/5 seconds. Pillar of Power (by itself) now grants allies the exact same buff as 5/5 points in Power of the Nine Hells would now. Sorry if that was hard to understand through my previous post, it's kind of hard to put that change into words.
    Trying to sum up.
    Today - Power of the Nine Hell: "Damage buff provided by Pillar of Power encounter now lasts for 1/2/3/4/5 seconds after you leave its area, and allies can now receive 10/20/30/40/50% of the buffs effect."

Mod13 Power of the Nine Hell: "Damage buff provided by Pillar of Power encounter now lasts for 1/2/3/4/5 seconds after you and allies leave its area".

Today - Pillar of Power:"Create a conduit of power at your location. While you stand in the conduit, your Damage and Damage Resistance are increased. If any enemy enters the conduit, their Damage and Damage Resistance are reduced for a short duration and they take damage as long as they stand within the conduit."

Mod13 - Pillar of Power:"Create a conduit of power at your location. While you stand in the conduit, your Damage and Damage Resistance are increased. It grants 75% of its buff effect to allies standing in it. If any enemy enters the conduit, their Damage and Damage Resistance are reduced for a short duration and they take damage as long as they stand within the conduit."

In few words you move a piece of the feature from the feat to the power. If a SW spend some points on Power of the Nine Hell, the SW and the allies get the time bonus when the area is left.

Correct?

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • zekehubriszekehubris Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    Please can the templocks healing be made to proc boons like Burning Guidance.
  • diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Just to understand, the 15 likers of op. Wtf ?!
    I bet you are all templocks happy to be able to heal more in a game that dont need healers and even mote templocks with all due respect.

Others sw please show what you think by disagree original poster.

On ps4 templocks are so rare, maybe 5% of warlocks and they get the whole rework class cake ??!!

I'm also a dc and i absolutely don't see why i would need a templock in my groups...
    Dc heals and other class heals plus life steal from everyone...
    The "dps part" ? Dcs can dps too that's not their role.
  • desertravelerdesertraveler Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Please either speed up encounter animations or make then uninterruptible and increase radius of POP so we all don't have to stay in a tight circle and get one shotted by boss/mobs.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

I bet you are all templocks happy to be able to heal more in a game that dont need healers and even mote templocks with all due respect.

On ps4 templocks are so rare, maybe 5% of warlocks and they get the whole rework class cake ??!!

I'm also a dc and i absolutely don't see why i would need a templock in my groups...

u kinda missed the fury buffs didnt u?
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User

I am not a templock but I am happy they can contribute more significantly to the success of a run (more damage, more party damage). Now I really think they can be viable.

Regarding the other changes, I am happy with the CD % increase and of the change of POP.
    As devs stated, it is not a full rework and I hope some others nice changes will follow soon in addition to the bugoctober fixes.
    At the beginning, the proposed buffs were just meh and now we are going in the right direction.
    I think that devs are going to watch how things go after the fixes.

Please either speed up encounter animations or make then uninterruptible and increase radius of POP so we all don't have to stay in a tight circle and get one shotted by boss/mobs.

Speed up the animations: every SW will agree.
    But increase POP radius ? You are not supposed to stand in red AND you can go back and forth in the POP.

• seven#2584 seven Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Wow! Thank you so much for the love!!! Excited to see how it all goes
  • diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    > @tom#6998 said:
    > Just to understand, the 15 likers of op. Wtf ?!
    >
    > I bet you are all templocks happy to be able to heal more in a game that dont need healers and even mote templocks with all due respect.
    >
    >
    >
    > Others sw please show what you think by disagree original poster.
    >
    >
    >
    > On ps4 templocks are so rare, maybe 5% of warlocks and they get the whole rework class cake ??!!
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm also a dc and i absolutely don't see why i would need a templock in my groups...
    >
    > Dc heals and other class heals plus life steal from everyone...
    >
    > The "dps part" ? Dcs can dps too that's not their role.
    >
    > u kinda missed the fury buffs didnt u?

I missed fury buffs ? Yeah propably because there is NO buffs, only scale fixs and damage DEcrease.
    Creeping death from 65 to 75, wow insane buff ! -_-'
    So no i dont consider fixing a damage not scaling a buff, sorry.
  • desertravelerdesertraveler Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    My reasoning for increasing pop radius was that the SW could include the tank in the radius on bosses where the party is on the other side of the tank and not have to make them run through the circle with the possibility of being one shotted by boss on the tank side to get buff bonuses. But increased animation speed is more of a priority. The SW has to have features that makes others want them in a party. How many times do you see anyone asking for a SW for tong party. Zero...
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Just a thank-you to @balanced#2849 (and others) for giving the SW a bit of love and attention. I have alts of all classes, but the SW is the one I play least, partially because it feels so, well...useless.

Those changes will make the SW a bit less useless than before. I do think the class needs more - something similar to the attention the DC got a while ago (which actually made the DO paragon equally viable as the AC in the "end-game"), but I understand you may not be able to do more before Mod 13.

I'm hoping that you (and others) will finish the job later (and once you are donme, give the TR a bit of attention too - that's the other class that I feel has been falling behind (in PvE, that is).
    Hoping for improvements...
  • genodaman#0807 genodaman Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    SW is broke period. I've been stubbornly playing a SW since the game was released on console. Since the puppet *fix* in mod10 the only time I top dps vs ANY OTHER dps, is when my gear score is at least 1k higher, and even that is no guarantee. Yes my templock build heals more than any other class, but so what? Neverwinter is a game of 1 shot death. Can't heal a dead person. Class balance is talked about, and as a SW all I truly see is myself being left further behind all other classes. Thank You for that.
  • strykr75601strykr75601 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    tenetomb said:

@balanced#2849
    Then I wanted to talk about Soul Scorch.

It was said in the October bugfix thread that Tyrannical Curse wasn't supposed to trigger it's curse consume effect, since you actually don't consume the curse.

So to solve this problem, what about making it a Curse Synergy instead ?

Spamming tab between each Soul Scorch is a really clunky mechanic and if you suffer a bit from lag, either you don' the see your curse on the enemy, either you cancel it by casting Soul Scorch.

Please consider this. I don't think it would make the SW completely broken (or even would change anything at all) but it would be a nice qol improvement and could allow SW to be faster in aoe too (needs testing about this).

Thank you for your attention ! :smile:

Personally, I like the curse consume mechanic, it takes a bit of skill to watch the enemy buff bar to see if they are indeed affected by WC. I don't really see it as a "problem" so much as a skill check. It takes time and focus to remember the timings and use soul scorch effectively; it's not a "fire and forget" power, nor should it be. If I could spam SS as fast as possible and STILL benefit from the DoT, my DPS would likely increase by a third, which, imo, is too much, too easily. This game has an issue with classes being too easy to play, and I do enjoy the challenge of playing an SW, which, in my mind, is one of the hardest to get good DPS from.

The advantage of a Temptlock in a party is that they get to fill the dedicated, constant healer role that a DC can't do as well. A temptlock provides near constant healing that ticks faster than ANY DC heal power, so in the case of rapid incoming damage, say, an aggro slip and suddenly your main dps gets clobbered by all the adds (speaking from experience here), a temptlock has a better chance of saving that person than any power (save AA) from that DC. With a temptlock in the party, you gain a nice, flat damage buff, AND healing, which frees up a DC to run more buff powers and not worry about healing, effectively speeding up a run. A competent temptlock will deal decent enough dps on trash to not be a burden, and their buffs with PoP and Soul Bonding will be more than enough to make them valuable buffers to support main DPS. Additionally, once the Double DC meta has been reworked, I would expect temptlocks to replace the role of the second DC quite handily.
  • bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    > @genodaman#0807 said:
    > SW is broke period. I've been stubbornly playing a SW since the game was released on console. Since the puppet *fix* in mod10 the only time I top dps vs ANY OTHER dps, is when my gear score is at least 1k higher, and even that is no guarantee. Yes my templock build heals more than any other class, but so what? Neverwinter is a game of 1 shot death. Can't heal a dead person. Class balance is talked about, and as a SW all I truly see is myself being left further behind all other classes. Thank You for that.

Maybe to combat the one shots they could add a revive spell to temptation... kinda like a soulforge. Allies within 50 ft get instantly revived with 25% hp....

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• akta#9913 akta Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Could you increase base damage of the pillar itself?
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    @balanced#2849
    Like it was pointed out on other threads such as bugtober and here as well, the damage of Pillar of Power is extremely low, it deals sub at-will damage, any chance you can tweak it so each one of its fifteen (15) ticks deal the same damage as the first tick of Hellish Rebuke? That would be a very good change as PoP damage is not slightly underpowered, it is hardcore low.

Like it has been pointed out since the class got released, the cooldowns and casting times are very long, hopefully that can be addressed when possible.
  • balanced#2849 balanced Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 41 Cryptic Developer
    rapo973 said:

Trying to sum up.
    Today - Power of the Nine Hell: "Damage buff provided by Pillar of Power encounter now lasts for 1/2/3/4/5 seconds after you leave its area, and allies can now receive 10/20/30/40/50% of the buffs effect."

Mod13 Power of the Nine Hell: "Damage buff provided by Pillar of Power encounter now lasts for 1/2/3/4/5 seconds after you and allies leave its area".

Today - Pillar of Power:"Create a conduit of power at your location. While you stand in the conduit, your Damage and Damage Resistance are increased. If any enemy enters the conduit, their Damage and Damage Resistance are reduced for a short duration and they take damage as long as they stand within the conduit."

Mod13 - Pillar of Power:"Create a conduit of power at your location. While you stand in the conduit, your Damage and Damage Resistance are increased. It grants 75% of its buff effect to allies standing in it. If any enemy enters the conduit, their Damage and Damage Resistance are reduced for a short duration and they take damage as long as they stand within the conduit."

In few words you move a piece of the feature from the feat to the power. If a SW spend some points on Power of the Nine Hell, the SW and the allies get the time bonus when the area is left.

Correct?

Yep, that is correct. The only thing Power of the Nine Hells grants you is the Pillar of Power buff lasting an additional couple of seconds after you, or allies, leave its area.
  • tenetombtenetomb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 113 Arc User

Personally, I like the curse consume mechanic, it takes a bit of skill to watch the enemy buff bar to see if they are indeed affected by WC. I don't really see it as a "problem" so much as a skill check. It takes time and focus to remember the timings and use soul scorch effectively; it's not a "fire and forget" power, nor should it be. If I could spam SS as fast as possible and STILL benefit from the DoT, my DPS would likely increase by a third, which, imo, is too much, too easily. This game has an issue with classes being too easy to play, and I do enjoy the challenge of playing an SW, which, in my mind, is one of the hardest to get good DPS from.

As i said, the gameplay is not the problem. I personally learned to play like this after TC fix and was happy with it.
    Fact is that the lag is everywhere in this game. If the server isn't overloaded by too many players, it is by too many animations, interactions, etc.
    So, if i fail my rotation because of lag and a clunky mechanic, i consider this as a design failure.

If I could spam SS as fast as possible and STILL benefit from the DoT, my DPS would likely increase by a third, which, imo, is too much, too easily.

I don't think the gain would be this big. Applying a curse is not so long. Yeah, you could cast some at-wills more and then 1 or 2 Soul Scorch but it would bring maybe ~5% more dps ? This is not broken.

And until now, i was only speaking about single target. If you make TC unable to proc curse consume effect, in aoe, were we are already too slow, we can say bye to our dps in instances like FBI or MSVA.
This discussion has been closed.