test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ultimate enchanting stones are too rare.

ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
edited October 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
I opened 250 lockboxes today. Zero ultimate enchanting stones. In 30 To9G zero ultimate enchanting stones. I officially will stop backing this game with money until this nonsense is changed. Our bonding runestones were nerfed from 95% to 55% per at rank 12. Upgrading them and our other enchants to gain back a portion of that power is locked behind money gated RNG.

This is not an acceptable way to treat clients. This RNG for stones gated behind legendary dragon keys and lockboxes with unbelievable RNG odds against you. Please fix this, make these more readily available somewhere.

@nitocris83
On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

Post edited by ltgamesttv#0999 on

Comments

• tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    +1
  • wizzl3wizzl3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    +1
  • bluangelukbluangeluk Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    +1
    "Here's a circle... I'm not sure it's a real circle, so don't trust it too much!" Idril (AoGlyph)
    9abea38.png
  • scratcheesscratchees Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    i agree this mod is like we are be'n penalized in a few ways for be'n good\loyal players.
  • tadyttadyt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    +1
  • bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    To those that don't play 1 of the chosen class's it's even harder to get we all know that only GWF is the main dps for tong groups and if u not paladin or cleric u got shafted on this . people that play other class"s have little chance at them then to get nothing is"Ultimate Slap in Face"
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    Im just curious:
    Is there any official feedback to all the claims about this module 12b? Or is silence the new answer to all of the claims?
    Rnd queues, bounding nerfs, ultimate sone drop rate ...etc. When will some one answer? Or did they? Plz link it. Thx

• marv700#9957 marv700 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    They really don't care, or else they wouldn't have inflicted this on us.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I don't buy in to the fact that "they" don't care. It is someone's responsibility to ensure this game makes money. My guess is they will wait till they see the sales figures for October and November then make a decision on whether this new module has earned them more cash. If sales drop I expect a change to the Q system and not before.
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    +1
    unless the intended effect was to have these rare drops cost as much as they do on the AH, this needs to be fixed sooner rather to bring costs down to reasonable prices, as the increase to enchant level came hand in hand with a nerf to bonding stones
  • ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    +1

Drop rate is waaaay too low.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I'm surprised to read this, I pulled 6 over the weekend from approx 50 keys. I'm not running T9G for them because I don't have it open yet but RNG must have been in my favor this weekend. I should have bought a lotto ticket!
  • odnnauqodnnauq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    > @bobby4700 said:
    > To those that don't play 1 of the chosen class's it's even harder to get we all know that only GWF is the main dps for tong groups and if u not paladin or cleric u got shafted on this . people that play other class"s have little chance at them then to get nothing is"Ultimate Slap in Face"

Those people that wanted the nerf and wanted to nerf DCs...this is what we get. Before the nerf, some very well geared dps can finish ToNG. Not anymore
    > @preechr#2215 said:
    > +1
    > unless the intended effect was to have these rare drops cost as much as they do on the AH, this needs to be fixed sooner rather to bring costs down to reasonable prices, as the increase to enchant level came hand in hand with a nerf to bonding stones

At least we can buy the stone in AH. I wish I can spend 1million AD to buy a 2-slot companion gears that I wanted. I have been grinding IG till my eyes hurt and still not get a neck piece with 2 slots. The drop rate on +4 gears are abysmal and when you get them, it's not the one you wanted. Please allow people to sell them so at least there is a way to get them when you get really bad luck.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Opened around 650 lockboxes.

One (1) Ultimate Enchanting Stone.

ONE.

Really, devs? Really?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    30 keys and zero drop for me. After seeing the dev response, or lack of, to the +5 ring drops, it would not surprise me if they want R13 and R14 to be super special and rare. Or at the very least, very, very expensive to obtain.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    These sort of items are also very easy to keep the price up on, for the players that like that sort of behavior...

An item that is very desirable/necessary, and at a price where rich players can keep buying up all cheaper stones and re-post them with considerable mark-up.

This is exactly how it's going to play out on Xbox at least, and most likely on all platforms, but I doubt that's what the developers envisioned when coming up with this bright idea on where to get the stone & the very low drop-rate...
  • silverrrrrrrsilverrrrrrr Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I've only gotten 3 of the stones so far. 2 from ToNG, 1 from a lockbox. I know plenty of others who have never seen one drop, and I don't expect to see any more myself anytime soon.

Yes, it's frustrating when we're trying to build ourselves back up from being weaker after 12b, or even if we're just trying to improve in general. However, I don't see it as a problem. It isn't supposed to be easy to attain and maintain end-game status. "End-game" is constantly evolving. Even now, future mods are in progress that will likely bring better gear, harder dungeons, and more challenging content.

In addition, we can't expect to have the latest and greatest stuff so soon after a mod release. It's really just bragging rights until the next mod is released. I know I personally enjoy working to better my characters, and I wouldn't be satisfied if it were handed to me so easily. I enjoy a challenge, and I know that I will eventually have r13/r14 enchantments, so I'm not really bothered by their rarity. The price will drop as more are introduced into the market, anyhow.

Of course, greed makes me wish they were cheaper just like everyone else, but I understand the reasoning and I am content with it.
    Leader of Heralds of Lurid Dusk

Silv3ry on YouTube

• ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited November 2017

It's your opinion that it's just bragging rights.

Yes, my whole reply was my opinion.

I'm also not talking about being BIS I'm talking about getting 1 ultimate enchanting stone. This is FAAAR from being BIS. Your argument is biased and not on topic tbh.

Ultimate enchanting stones are used in the creation of BiS/top-level enchantments. I believe it's relevant, although not 100% on the same topic, I'll admit.

but to be able to progress at all even after spending a fair amount of money in game is what this is pointing at. It's pay to play

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. No part of Neverwinter is "pay to play." It may take a long time to earn the ultimate enchanting stones, but they are obtainable.
    They are obtainable by paying for dragon keys or lockbox keys. Perhaps pay to progress will better fit. The point is the same in the end.
    Post edited by ltgamesttv#0999 on
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited October 2017

All this is doing is taking large amounts of money and shifting it from one player to another, not actually taking it out of the game

I kind of like it the way it is. The AD will mostly be going from the rich players who has to be BiS to the rest of us peons who can win the lockbox lottery. How many other items from a lockbox can you sell for one million? And when it comes to lockbox drops, we are all (should be) equal in our chances of getting a drop. Not like we have to be able to do ToNG to get the stones.

Also, every stone sold on the AH means 10% of its value is removed from the economy.