test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sw need some love

Devs been killing this class since mod 6 (change to lifesteal etc etc)... and until now it's been nerfed to the ground. Next mod 12b it will be nerfed more lol.
Don't get me wrong here, i have all classes level 70 (item level 10k+) except my gf and dc who are lv67 and lv65. I can jump on other broken classes such as hr and tr but i just love playing the sw class more than any other class and thats why i have spend most of my time and money maxing out the sw class.

Sw class is underpowered compared to other classes both pve and pvp and if that is not enough, it's getting nerfed more and more every mod (lmao)

[ Like ] if you agree with me.
Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

Comments

• shadower75shadower75 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    This class is broken, almost in all, but I really like this class. I would like to see his work in full, as originally intended.
  • goldiety#7396 goldiety Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Something seriously needs to be done. A maxed scourge should beat a Divine oracle Cleric on DPs boards, they don't. I'm just saying, I play both classes quite well. I can tell you there is something very wrong with the warlock. They are not balanced and no one will take them into a dungeon because they can't really be an asset to a team. No matter how they are built, they can't do proper damage. I had to shelf my warlock and its really the only class I enjoy playing on neverwinter. (all of my stats are allocated appropriately) please please fix the warlock so I can love this game again.
  • maxumilli0nmaxumilli0n Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    My endgame warlock can't get in a T9G or nobody wants a SW, how can I get primal gear and enchanting stones cryptic?
  • diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    @ goldiety
    If you get beat dps by a cleric there is probably something very wrong with your build with all due respect.
    I ran many to9g as a 13,9k sw with groups like 2 dcs/ 1 pala/ 2 sw or 1gwf and me as sw and it goes nice, even 1 tank 1 dc and 3 dps and i end up first.
    All the pug i did as a sw ( i don't get many invit) i was 1st dps by far.

Sure in low dunjeons our powers can't kik in fast enought to be top dps but in to9g, msva, fbi you should be a real pain giver if you know really know how to use rotations on your warlock.

Sorry but i'm a dc and sw and i don't buy at all that dc > sw in dps.

To be able to compete with others dps we need to master our class, granted.
    It is way more difficult to fully use a sw than other dps and many of our powers/feats are broken or need tweaks but to the point to be useless and non grata as you says, nope...
    That said, the POP crit making obc useless will remove from us a lot of dps output maybe even 20%...

What i can tell you for sure and i don't want to sound cocky is that i know only a few sw that can beat me on dps even when they are 16k.
    I don't use at all the same weapons enchants and my enchants are r9/r10 mostly and yet i do way more dps than them so i'm pretty sure too many warlocks even if they think they know their class, i assure you they don't at all.
    Sometime we speak after dunjeon and surprise we absolutely don't use same stats/gear/ rotations...

I based my feats build basicaly on Garlaanx's build long ago and then tweaked some things to suit more my play style as i can't afford bis, i did tests again and again until i could really unleash power of 9 hells xD

Some players will probably reconize my nickname as i'm also id Diloul on PS4 and know that i'm not lying...
    So if any ps4 player would join on ps4 to prove my point feel free to pm me.

I would really like to see you on ps4 and play pvp with you.
    I use kf and grasp with a r9 dread and it's just a bloodbath...
    So again i totally disagree for the pvp part as well. (SW HB )

Trust me when i say i know there is a lot of work to fix SW class, but some of you speak about sw's dps as if it was some kind of pet...

If we want devs to really look dig deeply on sw's class to fix it, we need to be honest and stop exagerate things.
    Post edited by diloul#3484 on
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

Sorry but i'm a dc and sw and i don't buy at all that dc > sw in dps.

I've seen a DC on XB that can, on most occasions, outdps a good chunk of DPS toons across every class. I'm not talking about trash builds either. These are normally players that are top of the charts and melting content.

Is it the norm for a DC to beat a DPS? No. Is it completely possible? Yes. So no need to tell him his build is trash when yo have no idea who he was going up against.

With that said, SW is still viable and can still do plenty of damage. Too many people acting like SW is dead. It's not.
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Sw is dead cuz not everyone wants to have a sw in their group.
    Just admit the class is dying. Our daily, encounter powers, class features and paragon feats were all nerfed. Sure we can dps and sure we can do nice dps with dc + gf buffs but compared with other classes, sw is just way to underpowered. Btw a real good dps dc can out dps sw but it doesn't stop there.. a gf, op, almost any class that has been build properly for dps can out dps sw LOL. End of story.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

• yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    As a SW who ends up as 2nd highest damage dealer, and top healer, I think that this is a bit of a poor build thread.

...and I don't even have my Runes/Enchants fully ranked. So god knows what you're doing wrong.
    edited October 2017
    "Btw a real good dps dc"

I loled thx !
    Good dps and dc should not belong to the same sentence...
    Otherwise, then it'd the dc class that is broken not the sw...

90% of my initial post got deleted while editing...
  • eclipseblood#1326 eclipseblood Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    > @yiazzy said:
    > As a SW who ends up as 2nd highest damage dealer, and top healer, I think that this is a bit of a poor build thread.
    >
    > ...and I don't even have my Runes/Enchants fully ranked. So god knows what you're doing wrong.

Think ur right, sw are underpowered compared to gwf and hr, but if ur fighting a dc on paingiver then u might wanna ask for advice in ur alliance we're not in that bad of a place... especially if ur maxed
  • blinkndinkblinkndink Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    To be honest each platform is definitely different and there are alot of skill difference between them as far as Xbox goes sw are just not wanted because most sw lack the know how to play the class and to gear it right so a lot of it is people have given the class a bad name there is several fixes and buffs I would like to see so that we could be even more competitive towards combat hrs and gwfs even more people will have a harder time now that obc will have a cool down but there are other ways and until the people who play the game decide to break the meta and be happy not having supper melt group it won't change
    edited October 2017

"Btw a real good dps dc"

I loled thx !

Then you don't play the sw class. Most weapon enchants doesn't work with sw powers.
    Our damage been nerfed 50% more.
    Most of our encounter powers doesn't work properly (broken)
    Most paragon feats doesn't work properly (broken)
    Very slow casting time + long casting time.
    Our best dps daily power nerfed to the ground.
    Our best dps paragon feats nerfed to the ground
    I can write more nerfed stuff/things.. but it's not worth my time.

Yeh, dps dc can out dps SW atm, if not then you haven't played with a good dps dc yet.

R.i.p SW

edited October 2017
    Yh i don't play sw it makes sense ! And you just don't know how to play as sw seems to make even more sense...

Every decent player know some features are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up and how mucj sw class need some love. But a decent and honest sw player who know how to play the class wouldnt say dc > sw in dps.

Just stop speaking like your dps results are normals and you speak for all of us, they aren't and you surely dont represent us.

It seems to me you haven't play with a good sw and for sure you are not one of them.

Anyway you keep crying about the class i'll keep proove ingame how much there is sw and sw until we see better days or others get nerfed "to the ground"

Rip 'your' sw. Mine isn't mindblowing but way more than enought and still beating many others players by far.

Do a to9g, cast tc on golems or human snakes, let the damage splash around.
    Anticipate gwf moves as if you dont they ll blow everything before you arrive.
    Use pilrims glove too for +100 for every foe you engage, you realise how many foes you can engage in some situations and the result in power gain ?
    At Orcus, keep spaming tc when zombies up and whatever when they r not not.

For solo boss, switch to the hunter glove for +1000 power and use grasp and kf/fiery.

Oh and DONT use vorpal or lightning but dread.

Try these and if you can't come close or beat a gwf with the same gs as you, then you just are really bad.

Mod Edit: Please do not attempt to get around the profanity filter.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    edited October 2017
    Removed Mod edited quote

I am playing my sw for 3 years now. Tried so many different builds (my own build) tested everything, paragon feats, encounter powers, weapon enchants. I have a high reputation in pve and pvp (second spot first page of pvp leaderboard) I know more about sw then you ever will. Also am sure you don't own a sw class nor played with one ever or else you would have known how very underpowered we are atm.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1235687/official-m13-scourge-warlock-changes/p1
    Post edited by kreatyve on

edited October 2017
    "i know more about sw than you ever will."
    You should get down from your horse sometime you'll see things you din't noticed from there.

Sure the sw threads i partcipated over the past months/ years here were just for fun.( Diloul31 )
    I like speaking about class i dont play it's so fun...
    Seriously you need to grow up and try to prove your point with concret not kids bs like " im the alpha and omega of sw" " or " you dont play sw".

For the last time i know the sw class problems but i also know you just exagerate everything.
    We surely arent best dps but as surely not as bad as you say, that's all.
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

"Btw a real good dps dc"

I loled thx !

Then you don't play the sw class. Most weapon enchants doesn't work with sw powers.
    Our damage been nerfed 50% more.
    Most of our encounter powers doesn't work properly (broken)
    Most paragon feats doesn't work properly (broken)
    Very slow casting time + long casting time.
    Our best dps daily power nerfed to the ground.
    Our best dps paragon feats nerfed to the ground
    I can write more nerfed stuff/things.. but it's not worth my time.

Yeh, dps dc can out dps SW atm, if not then you haven't played with a good dps dc yet.

R.i.p SW
    you sir are exaggerating, true sw is the worst striker atm but not most of our feats are broken neither are most of our spells and neither will a DC with the same gear/knowledge outdps a dps SW
    Can't we all just get along? Put away your "wands" and get back on topic. The OP said the SW needs some love. I agree it needs some love. You too can always meet in game and decide which of you knows the class better by going head to head. @diloul @finalfantasyac7 :)
    edited October 2017
    > @ecrana#2080 said:
    > Can't we all just get along? Put away your "wands" and get back on topic. The OP said the SW needs some love. I agree it needs some love. You too can always meet in game and decide which of you knows the class better by going head to head. @diloul @finalfantasyac7 :)

You seems like a nice guy Ecrana, but how can you talk with someone who is so full of himself and tell you that you "don't play sw" ?

I don't want to be the guy who know the class better, i don't care, I'm just sick of sw bashing from sws.

His original post waw almost op but even then again exagerating.
    " nerf to ground since mode 6" (ground is lvl 0, words have meaning) and then it's nerd again mod 12 so what, we are underground now ? We heal mobs instead of kill them ?

You can't imagine how many people refuse to invite us just because of guys like finalfantasyac7...
    And you can't imagine how people are surprised when i play with them and do way more damage than them...

Because of guys like him, some players who are not beast gs/dps can't find players at all to play with...
    I just ignore the self-pity from some SWs. I've said for ages that there are some beast SWs out there (just did a chult with one the other day and he stepped in and did what 2 beast GWFs couldn't do in our comp and that was beat the last boss).

Does the SW need some love? Yes. But I'll say over and over it's not a dead class. A little massaging would go a long way.

I guess I also have a decent group of people to run with that don't mind me playing on my non-beast SW. So finding a group is a non-issue most times.
  • azcrackazcrack Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    All my friends say the sw is broken. I dont play it but i do see alot less of them and even more who are worthless. I play a cw, and im usually the top dps. But the other day i got out dpsed by a sw that was 1k item lvl under me. He must have been doin something right. But some of the guys are right. They have been nerfed alot. I used to see them roll up and melt anything. Not so much anymore.