test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Broken Pants and Boon causing more CC than the CC reduction you were trying to fix.

ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
edited October 2017 in PvP Discussion
Devs, please, we hear you say you're fixing CC in PVP and trying to restart PVP with changes to tenacity and introducing solo Q. Then we find in the same mod you allow us more CC than a trapper or Oppressor with broken pants and boons.

It's exactly these types of interactions we complain about, it's exactly these types of mechanics that kill PVP. When you step into PVP trying it again since it was "fixed" by your changes and can't move because of these interactions proccing, it makes you want to leave PVP forever again shaking your head.

The frustration with this stuff being introduced over and over again despite warnings that boons and proccs kill PVP is over the top. Please stop introducing this junk, at least without asking us to test it first before releasing it on live?

Here is a video of how broken they are:

https://youtu.be/K0uLDWYEWbA

Please fix this guys, please? @terramak @rgutscheradev

The pants from MM "Sandy's Assault Pants" and the boon "Impenetrable jungle" have no ICD on their CC. When you watch you will see that they continuously procc, especially on DoTS but any damage will proc them. When I finally get 4 stacks of CC immunity I can move. However, as soon as the time is up I'm CC'd immediately and continuously.
On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

Comments

• bluangelukbluangeluk Member Posts: 67 Arc User

Yep this will kill off the game if not fixed with haste, these type of equips and boons that proc need to not be in the game. They require zero skill to use and PvPers hate them. I don't understand why they keep adding equipment and boons that have procs, they instead should add only stat points to avoid these over performing auto procs.

If for some unknown reason (I do not code/develop games) these items cannot be removed completely, then yes I agree they need to be modified.

Impenetrable Jungle could have a cool down for example, "Only works on players once every ## seconds".
    Sandy's Assault Pants are apparently useful for some players in Chult, where mobs are frequent/heavy groups. Perhaps modifying them to be , "Not effective in PVP", could be an idea.

To me these are simple fixes. We already have powers/gear/boons/items, that have these boundaries.

"Here's a circle... I'm not sure it's a real circle, so don't trust it too much!" Idril (AoGlyph)
    9abea38.png
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    What about the ring with 5% chance to reflect 50% damage taken I'm sure there is a cooldown on that ...

That first Cc hit prior to immunity stack gain is over the top in pvp now crippling opponents and again causing broken long crippling cc interactions and combos

most boons/item duration's on players for pvp should last half as long and twice the cooldown of what they are in pve at the very least

having no comments from any devs as of yet about the new pvp cc changes and what the goal and philosophy was / nor any comments about tweaking it does not help things either ..
  • bluangelukbluangeluk Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

What about the ring with 5% chance to reflect 50% damage taken I'm sure there is a cooldown on that ...

You mean the Chef Melvin's Ring of Defiance?

I purchased that ring from the Mysterious Merchant yesterday and we went to test in pvp. As a DC wearing it, it wasn't really worth the guildmarks, the proc from it was heavily mitigated. If it was on a different class (perhaps a class with Arm Pen) it might have yielded different results. Also, I would imagine if it was on a class such as GWF, who has unstoppable providing temp HP for a longer period of time than my temp HP, it would also proc a lot more frequently.

Overall we concluded that the ring wasn't worth wearing, but testing was limited and I would definitely be interested to hear from other classes on that one!
    "Here's a circle... I'm not sure it's a real circle, so don't trust it too much!" Idril (AoGlyph)
    9abea38.png
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Devs for months: Control effects will be more balanced less determinant factor for PvP in Mod 12b.
    Reality at launch: Overpowered permastun for all!

Oh the irony.
    (Seriously as a player since mod 4 I can say this is worst broken cc I have ever faced in pvp)
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• scratcheesscratchees Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    This is Horrible!!!
  • tadyttadyt Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    it surely needs a fix!
    edited October 2017

kalina311 said:

You mean the Chef Melvin's Ring of Defiance?

I purchased that ring from the Mysterious Merchant yesterday and we went to test in pvp. As a DC wearing it, it wasn't really worth the guildmarks, the proc from it was heavily mitigated. If it was on a different class (perhaps a class with Arm Pen) it might have yielded different results. Also, I would imagine if it was on a class such as GWF, who has unstoppable providing temp HP for a longer period of time than my temp HP, it would also proc a lot more frequently.

Overall we concluded that the ring wasn't worth wearing, but testing was limited and I would definitely be interested to hear from other classes on that one!
    also i was thinking in pve as well... the boss reflecting its billions of damage on the tank and then right back on itself : D
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Not that the CC "fix" was eloquently implemented, these completely go against the spirit of the that supposed fix.
    @kreatyve would you mind flagging this to the Devs please
    Post edited by sabre10 on
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • nem3zissnem3ziss Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Yes, pls fix this: change that it does not work in pvp/add icd on it whatever you feel is fine for it, but like it is for now - its against every change you were saying you want to implement into pvp system in mod 12b. Changing whole CC system and how it works in PvP and adding a new item that uses dazes for 5 sec on players? I dont think there is any power right now that will prevent you for using your powers for straight 5 sec in the game except those pants. Root for 5 sec? Come on guys. Exclude those equip powers in pvp, please, dont force us to wait months to wait for fix for it. Same with boon, same with pants - those have no place in pvp - people are not queing for pvp games to stand rooted/dazed for half of the match with no possibility to do anything. Make pvp fun again.
  • nerfcc#8605 nerfcc Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    If they go live on console I definitely won't be coming back to the game looks terrible
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    These pants are like some hideous fungal infection spreading across the server, except those ppl with this anti-social infection aren't embarrassed to have it.
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    I’m not stepping foot in PVP til they’re fixed.

imgur pics don't work

• plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    i think all control equip or power ignore control resist when they came.
    from cowerd ring, searing light to dinseours and curse ring. i think all got manual touch.
  • rhodahrhodah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 117 Arc User
    quote: "Devs, please, we hear you say you're fixing CC in PVP and trying to restart PVP with changes to tenacity and introducing solo Q. Then we find in the same mod you allow us more CC than a trapper or Oppressor with broken pants and boons. "

Exactly this.

FIX it asap please - thanks
  • jabobohjaboboh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    It's disappointing that 90% of the in-game PvP chatter these days revolves around those pants. Saw a very brief download on the launcher last night hoping it was to address this issue, but no luck.

Now you're lucky if you get into an instance where only1 (nevermind 4 which is my personal record so far) person is wearing them.

I can't remember anything in PvP creating this much anger and frustration this fast. I miss the days where drains and ambush rings were the biggest concern in game. Not being rooted to the spot permanently while people dance around slicing you to pieces.
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User

Hi everyone! Issue was escalated and investigated. A fix is being worked on the pants to implement a power that limits when it can trigger.

We will also be reducing the chance of the boon gaining a stack that ends up making it trigger.

Thanks for the fast reply and quick catch on escalating this issue! We'll look forward to seeing the fix implemented!

imgur pics don't work

• nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User

Hi everyone! Issue was escalated and investigated. A fix is being worked on the pants to implement a power that limits when it can trigger.

We will also be reducing the chance of the boon gaining a stack that ends up making it trigger.

If I understand correctly, these will still trigger but with a reduced frequency, so we will still have 5- and 4-second stuns from both pants and boon? Everyone will end up wearing them in the end and the result will still be stuns all over the place. The stuns are way too long! Also: no fix on them granting stack of cc resist? A much better option would be to remove them altogether from pvp or we will end up back on the forum with more complaints and more work for the devs.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • bertrandxbertrandx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    zeusom said:

Devs for months: Control effects will be more balanced less determinant factor for PvP in Mod 12b.
    Reality at launch: Overpowered permastun for all!

Oh the irony.
    (Seriously as a player since mod 4 I can say this is worst broken cc I have ever faced in pvp)

My thoughts exactly. I did some PvP and everything was going fine until I met the perma-daze pantsus. Such an irony after all that has been said and promised about Control immunity.
    Bert - Lv70 pathfinder trapper. How's sunny california?
  • bertrandxbertrandx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited October 2017

If I understand correctly, these will still trigger but with a reduced frequency, so we will still have 5- and 4-second stuns from both pants and boon? Everyone will end up wearing them in the end and the result will still be stuns all over the place. The stuns are way too long! Also: no fix on them granting stack of cc resist? A much better option would be to remove them altogether from pvp or we will end up back on the forum with more complaints and more work for the devs.
    I have to agree with you, if a full team wears those pants + boons the ability to move or do anything for the other team will be severely impaired. Why don't the pants follow the CC immunity rule and add stacks until they become ineffective? Maybe removing altogether like you've suggested is not the best option but I think they should follow that directive like any other Control ability.

Let's wait for that patch that attemptivly fixes this issue first and see how it goes.
    Bert - Lv70 pathfinder trapper. How's sunny california?
    edited October 2017
    or the devs introduce the new dandy's pants to counter the sandy pants that require tons of in game resources to acquire/ restore lol ...(dev logic 101)

just like drains and wards lol massive guild resources were needed to create and or counter them forcing an arm raise and tuning the community toxic on itself by some player advocating their use etc ... when they should not have even been introduced at all to cause drama ...

and it took players years and the devs 3 rounds of reduction of nerfs on them (drains)..never removing them
    these item should have a low duration and tweaked up if needed in future patches not the other way around ....given a too long duration and then a (monitoring the situation TM) kicks in till they are reduced ...

make controversial items on the cautious side then buff them up based on feedback not the other way around how it is now ..... nerfing them and outcries cause they are broken based on feedback

and more mods go by till they are adjusted again

these items are like ....we will give you the cancer and then sell you the cure ...

the pants should be applying a slow not a stun anyways if the devs intend them to be usable with that frequency...

even a 5 second effect once every 30 seconds - 60 seconds may be too much for pvp or pve

+1
    good thing the devs said mod12b is the pvp mod or this may not have been looked at for months

Post edited by kalina311 on