test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is hunter fun to play melee ?

unangwataunangwata Member Posts: 183 Arc User
I was thinking of playing hunter ranger with melee focus. Sort of ninja. Is it fun, can it do tricks with melee weapons ?

Comments

• zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    I play a trapper-hybrid and that is really fun. Dancing and dodging in and out of melee, switching stances, hitting with the bow the switching stances and darting into melee to beat on them with the axes before dodging out to use the bow again.
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    I love playing melee ever sobe they made it viable. It feels like an offshot tr but powerful. It's refreshing from the usual trapper playstyle. By tricks if you mean can it throw knives the answer is no. Not sure what other tricks would be possible other than pure damage.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Yeah, melee combat just slaughters everything at the moment. Decent party buffer also.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Melee HR is great no doubt.

If you want really want to be a ninja however a trickster rogue would better the role but it is a lot less powerful at the moment.
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    Yep really nice to play melee !!
  • xhoboshxhobosh Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I played archer until I hit 70 and then i switched to melee and having a lot more fun. I do keep an archer build on my second loadout for those rare group occasions where getting up close and personal is a little too squishy, but by and large melee is a lot more fun.
  • markeen#2032 markeen Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited November 2017
    I also have a melee and archer build. Archer for enemies like KoS and melee for mobs. I play mostly melee.

I meant to write “yes” it’s a good choice for an HR.
    Founder of Knights of Ra guild in Neverwinter PS4. Founder of The Arashikage Clan in Defiance, formally of PlayStation Home.