test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Random Dungeon Queue Change Needed

dariandelforddariandelford Member Posts: 45 Arc User
Can we please put in a +/- 2k IL for the members to be partied with? I am currently 15.5 and I decided to try the random epics and I was being grouped with folks barely past 10k IL. I was doing 3 times the amount of damage as the rest of my group combined. Yet NOT BEING rewarded for it.

Even eTOS which was usually a breeze for the groups I normally ran them with prior to the patch was an agonizing 30 minute jaunt as players were literally pulling every single damn mob. The skill different is huge as well.

This IMHO is utterly a horrible idea to gate RAD's behind this. At least make the party members comparable in IL
Darian Del'Ford
AKA Taco Brotherhood of Pathfinders
Old Neverwinter Nights AOL Launched it all!

Comments

• zanaspus1zanaspus1 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    My favorite "feature" of random queues: If you're a new player and haven't unlocked all epic content yet, guess what? You're screwed. No random dungeon queue or bonus ADs for you, you noob. Seriously wondering if I wish to continue with this game...
  • maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    Keep in mind that on top of this dumb random Q everyone has lost some power from their characters with the bonding nerf.
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    zanaspus1 said:

My favorite "feature" of random queues: If you're a new player and haven't unlocked all epic content yet, guess what? You're screwed. No random dungeon queue or bonus ADs for you, you noob. Seriously wondering if I wish to continue with this game...

and the new players just hitting end game for the first time, for the most part will be completely oblivious to it until at some point way down the line they hit the penny dropping moment and think "hang on a minute!!!..."
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • kiraskytowerkiraskytower Member Posts: 455 Arc User

The dungeon queues need to be broken into tiers... just like the item level requirements of the dungeons are. The skill and gear required to complete Valindra's Tower IS NOT EVEN CLOSE to what is needed to complete Master Spellplauge. But... I think we told you that when this was still on preview... didnt we devs?

This is the most obtuse idea anyone has ever come up with.

New 70s shouldn't be playing leveling dungeons AT ALL. It destroys the experience for characters who are actually leveling and the new 70s get nothing other than AD out of it. A tier 1 epic queue is a great idea for those characters - and lets face it, it's most of the game population we are talking about here (The under 11K crowd).
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Winter Lily (CW) / Winter Rose (DC) / Winter Ivy (HR)
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • joenettlesjoenettles Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    I have been playing for 4 years and now I'm locked out of AD because I don't have TO9G unlocked. I'm like a month of dailies away from that. I get the idea of filling older dungeons for other players, but I just want to hit 36k RAD. And for the record I mostly run older dungeons just for my ad bonus.

*Does this mean anytime there's a new Mod the entire game will be locked out the random que for a month while you unlock the campaign??
  • raven#4377 raven Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    What's the point of having a set of Drow Craft Armor or any other special armor set if you're not sure where you're headed?
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited October 2017

I have been playing for 4 years and now I'm locked out of AD because I don't have TO9G unlocked. I'm like a month of dailies away from that. I get the idea of filling older dungeons for other players, but I just want to hit 36k RAD. And for the record I mostly run older dungeons just for my ad bonus.

*Does this mean anytime there's a new Mod the entire game will be locked out the random que for a month while you unlock the campaign??

Tong is in a random queue all by itself and should not block you from any other content?

And that special queue does not reward AD either.
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Put the under 70's in their own Dungeon queue.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Seeing that Ultimate Enchanting stones are going for 1.7mio in the AH, I don't think ToNG runners mind not getting AD for their runs. It's pretty much a pure gamble for big payout vs earning predictable AD
  • mat44444mat44444 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    All of this was mentioned and mentioned page after page after page upon the preview forum and ignored - it will be ignored again here, vote with your feet and don't random Q
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    I like the random queue, but yes, FBI and MSP are much more difficult than the lower-tier epics and should be moved elsewhere.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    On the maintenance stream, they stated, very clearly, that the expectation was of the higher level folks to slow down and help the new players run the leveling content. So i doubt they will remove the old 70's from the leveling players and new 70's.

I agree MSP and FBI should be seperate queues. Honestly, the system should have been built in a way that it just grabs 5 people, checks what they all have unlocked in common, and then pick one. That doesn't sound too hard, and everyone gets to run.

Of course, this gives more benefit to unlocking stuff...which is probably their ultimate goal.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Thank RNGesus for loadouts, I random queue'd last night and got ECC. I had to spec DPS on my GF for us to finish. Me and a DC solo'd the boss and I finished with 200Mil damage.
  • evrisaevrisa Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Add to my list of gripes over the the Random queue system: The inability to collect Stronghold Dungeon/Skirmish quests. It is not uncommon for myself and many of my guildies to pick up the daily dung/skirm quests then every few days we get together and knock them out. That frees up our time to do other things both in the game and ... wait for it, you may want to sit down ... real ...life .... *gasp* . But no more. You cannot pick up any new quests until the previous ones are completed. Dungeon shards = Guild Marks = AD. Yeah, no bueno.

On a side note, I don't appreciate running these Epic Random Dungeons with less than 5 people for the major course of the dungeon. What I have experienced a few times are people in the group who begrudge "having to queue a random queue" (though nobody forced them to click that button) and consequently do little to nothing during the course of the dungeon. When I attempt a vote kick there are not enough votes because, well, people are inherently good and don't want to be the meanie and kick someone. Consequently, the whiney slackers get their bonus AD for queueing random at the efforts of 2 or 3 people. Yeah, no bueno.
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User

Can we please put in a +/- 2k IL for the members to be partied with? I am currently 15.5 and I decided to try the random epics and I was being grouped with folks barely past 10k IL. I was doing 3 times the amount of damage as the rest of my group combined. Yet NOT BEING rewarded for it.

Even eTOS which was usually a breeze for the groups I normally ran them with prior to the patch was an agonizing 30 minute jaunt as players were literally pulling every single damn mob. The skill different is huge as well.

This IMHO is utterly a horrible idea to gate RAD's behind this. At least make the party members comparable in IL

What makes this hilarious is that those other players were all on alts, since in order to qualify for Epic Random Que they would have had to have another character that had already unlocked FBI and MSP

Basically, you got the random privilege of carrying some mules through eToS so they could get free RAD

They probably knew the dungeon just fine, but probably didn't have more than a few enchants between them and no experience at all in their classes

Just count your lucky stars you didn't get FBI or MSP lol
  • marv700#9957 marv700 Member Posts: 135 Arc User

<
    What makes this hilarious is that those other players were all on alts, since in order to qualify for Epic Random Que they would have had to have another character that had already unlocked FBI and MSP

Basically, you got the random privilege of carrying some mules through eToS so they could get free RAD

They probably knew the dungeon just fine, but probably didn't have more than a few enchants between them and no experience at all in their classes

Exactly. But what did the Devs think was going to happen with this B.S.?
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    They thought it would increase the rate at which people would at least start FBI and MSP
    Pretty sure that was the main goal here
  • smegman#1430 smegman Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    > @preechr#2215 said:
    > They thought it would increase the rate at which people would at least start FBI and MSP
    > Pretty sure that was the main goal here

if they wanted to do that they should have just made ultimate enchanting stones or whatever they are called a reward in those dungeons
    > @smegman#1430 said:
    > > @preechr#2215 said:
    > > They thought it would increase the rate at which people would at least start FBI and MSP
    > > Pretty sure that was the main goal here
    >
    > if they wanted to do that they should have just made ultimate enchanting stones or whatever they are called a reward in those dungeons

This.

Instead of forcing people to do things they don't want to do in a game, this is a game right?, because it's not fun for them, give them a reason that they want to do it. The drops in FBI are abysmal for the time spent there.
  • intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    What a totally ridiculous experience this change to queue groups has become.

On my main toon (TR13.2k gs) cant seem to find a group to run random epic dungeons and on my weaker SW (lvl70 10.2k gs) just had the most bizarre experience.. i was trying to get my RAD's for the day so i ended up running the random 3 man dungeon and getting Clock tower... lvl12... hmm .. at least it was quick. and i did at least get my AD's, but not one bit of fun.. then i tried the random skirmish and got merchant prince's folly and so i died... a lot! (i havn't even finished icewind dale on this toon yet let alone even visiting chult but i could enter the skirmish), which by the way was also heaps of fun....NOT!

which developer thought this would be a good idea? did they really think this through, did they think that this would be good for their game? did they think at all? what a load of rubbish. totally agree with the essence of this thread.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Yea. If you draw Prince's Folly and there are min-ilevel tanks or healers present, consider leaving. Especially if you get the dinosaurs. You probably wont be able to take the TRex down.
  • aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User

> @smegman#1430 said:

> > @preechr#2215 said:

> > They thought it would increase the rate at which people would at least start FBI and MSP

> > Pretty sure that was the main goal here

>

> if they wanted to do that they should have just made ultimate enchanting stones or whatever they are called a reward in those dungeons

This.

Instead of forcing people to do things they don't want to do in a game, this is a game right?, because it's not fun for them, give them a reason that they want to do it. The drops in FBI are abysmal for the time spent there.

mSP is even worse
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

No, they did run on mains or at least chars, they pushed throuh SOMI. No everfrost resistance, no FBI, no FBI, no random que epic dungeons for you. I cant run random epic dungeons on a 15k alt, bc he does not have the resistance to enter FBI.

BTW, I unlocked every dungeon on my main, so other chars I played in SOMI can run random epic dungeon.

Last words to this feature: It is more likely, that hell freezes over, then me running SOMI on 6 chars.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    > @asterotg said:
    >
    > Last words to this feature: It is more likely, that hell freezes over, then me running SOMI on 6 chars.

This, I suspect, is exactly why the new SKT campaign buyout just happened to come out right before this stupid random Q.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    -

> @asterotg said:

>

> Last words to this feature: It is more likely, that hell freezes over, then me running SOMI on 6 chars.

This, I suspect, is exactly why the new SKT campaign buyout just happened to come out right before this stupid random Q.

He already has a main finished SOMI. That means his alt only need item level and everforst resistance to enter FBI. Buying SKT campaign for his alt would not give his alt everfrost resistance.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • bodini72bodini72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User

This couldn't be any more of an elitist mentality. I run/ran etos/cn/elol/esot on all my toons with everyone and anyone that wanted to come and very rarely did a 10k player cause chaos, ironically those high IL GWF's constantly caused chaos due to your exact mentality here.
    > @plasticbat said:
    > -> @asterotg said:
    >
    > >
    >
    > > Last words to this feature: It is more likely, that hell freezes over, then me running SOMI on 6 chars.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This, I suspect, is exactly why the new SKT campaign buyout just happened to come out right before this stupid random Q.
    >
    > He already has a main finished SOMI. That means his alt only need item level and everforst resistance to enter FBI. Buying SKT campaign for his alt would not give his alt everfrost resistance.

Yes it does. 30 percent, to be exact.