test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Refining bar, % success on refining

intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
edited October 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
I kinda like the changes you have made to the refining system but here are a few observations:

1. Refining bar doesn't move or update until you have finished the sessions and closed the window. would make more sense if this updated with each addition so you can use sufficient refining points and not wildly overshoot.

2. I was trying to upgrade a dark enchantment from level 11 to level 12 with a stated 5% success rate. now i normally have terrible luck with these and have always questioned whether these % values are fiddled and last night was no exception but i gave up after using 50 or so preservation wards and not having any success.

please advise.
Tagged:

Comments

• raven#4377 raven Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Use a coalescent ward for 100%. I don't think these percentages are accurate. Sometimes with a 20% it can take at least 8 or 9 preservation wards. I would think that it should be give or take 1 ward, or 4 to 6 tries for a 20%.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Tried to make a few 10% upgrades tonight. Felt more like 3%. Terrible. I'm out now. Just going to wait for the BF sale. Even with a 50% sale, might not be enough to compensate for the broken RNG.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,080 Arc User
    Got a 3% on the first try. Got a 10% on the second.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    The RNG on refining seems to suck most, and also its the one thing that is VERY memorable when it fails. I have just done 27 preservation wards on a 10% chance and still no success. But as @greywynd says above some people must be hitting that 10% chance every time :smile:
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    How about 60 failed attempts at 20%, are gigantic enchants broken or is it just the RNG ?
  • intothegrooveintothegroove Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Cant afford to use a coalescent ward for lvl11 to 12 progression which is 5% and really resent paying 500 zen for my preservation wards, just to have 50 failed attempts. I've got dozens of upgrades to do on my tunes and this is always a major bone of contention for me (and i've been playing since 2014). I very rarely get any upgrades within their percentage chance of success, almost all are over... way over. Leaves me thinking that the RNG is "tweaked".
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    RNG is patchy, you need to break the bad runs, don't just keep burning through the Pres Wards
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    lantern22 said:

RNG is patchy, you need to break the bad runs, don't just keep burning through the Pres Wards

Last night, I upgraded 3 artifacts from green to mythic, and 3 bonding stones to R13. I used a grand total of 50-60 wards. From what I have seen, the RNG is very streaky, but observers bias here is a KILLER.

What I tried last night was this: Try to upgrade, then wait 10-15 seconds. Try again, then wait 10-15 seconds. Do this about 5 times in total, then go to another area or do something else for a bit. Then try again. Using this method I was well below average on wards used, as low as 1 pward on a 3%. Your mileage may vary.

All in all, unless you go through and do thousands of upgrades and keep track of successes and fails, I don't think cryptics going to do anything. As they said on the stream yesterday, RNG is RNG. Could they make it lower than listed to get you to spend more? yep. Can you prove it? nope.
  • andreask#1780 andreask Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    RNG is badly implemented on this game. The game company refuses to improve it because the ward sales are probably one of their major cash bringers (or so I suspect).
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I took 8 enchants from 12-13 last night with 2.5 stacks of pres wards.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    My experience over tens of thousands of attempts is that it consistently takes 20-30% more attempts than it should. My 20% chance finally took 71 attempts.