test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• Options
    mageddo#6766 mageddo Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Scrimshaw trophies for pvp kills in icewind and dwarven valley are not being rewarded.
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Prophecy of Maddness Skirmish* phase timer doesn't reset for phase 2 if you reach gold in phase 1. This only happens in one of the PoM versions. This makes phase 2 unwinnable.

Found and fixed the issue here so the skirmish will properly progress
    Awesome! Any chance of fixing the similar-but-opposite problem of Demogorgon Does Not Advance Stage 1 When You Reach Gold?
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    On preview, all bosses dropped Ultimate ench. stones. Now they only drop in chests. They're way too expensive atm - over 1 million a piece. Considering we need 87 of them for everything...
    Fix the drop chance on bosses, make both chests have a chance to drop 'em. Otherwise we're looking at 80-90 million AD investment JUST for ench. stones. That's stupid.
  • Options
    zstewar3zstewar3 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Keep having bug where gwf stamina won’t refill. Also in Chult unstoppable stops working sometimes when fightin those yuan ti snake guys.
  • Options
    rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2017

... the Lightfoot's Bloodthirst active bonus.

Point 1: Yes, the bonus will hit enemies around the target and the target itself. In fact, if you test it on dummies, it usually hits 3 of them.

Point 2: Yes, the Bloodthirst bonus hits every 2 sec for 10 seconds.

However, the problem is the scaling. The active bonus is said to be 5x the dmg to targets. However, when I hit the target AND crit for an at will swipe of 50,000, the Lightfoot bonus kicks on and maximizes out at a whopping total of 46 dmg. Yes, that is right. 46. not 460, 4600.... 46. It will tick 5 times and then disappear. It is a non-crit number tick (yellow).

So, there is something wrong with the 5xbonus and a cap that will not let it go above.

OK, I took a look at this one, and what happened was its active bonus (along with the Renegade Evoker's) had been inadvertently lowered as a side-effect of the Great Item Level Rescaling a couple modules back. I fixed that, and both of those ACBs should be doing what they were before (about 4x as much damage).

Also, I tried to make the tooltip a bit clearer. Two points of confusion that have come up here:
    * The "level based damage" is based on your level, not the thief's.
    * The numbers in the tooltip saying "2x" damage or "5x" damage or whatever is meant to be relative to other pet qualities. In other words, you'll get damage equal to (base)/(base x 2)/(base x 3)/(base x5) depending on whether the pet is white, green, blue or purple.

Ideally, the tooltip would show you the actual amount of damage, but unfortunately there appears to be a software bug preventing the tooltip logic from displaying that number properly for this particular active bonus. I filed a software request to get that fixed, but in the meantime the tooltip tries to at least say in general terms what's going on.
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Bug (?): Withers and Combat Superiority

Despite the boss' attacks hitting you, Combat Superiority is not placed on Withers.

(If it actually is applied, then the Combat Superiority icon doesn't actually appear on the boss' debuff bar).

• Options
    ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    > @dominious12 said:
    > Bane no longer shows a countdown to the next time you will regain a charge. Not sure if other multiple-charge powers now have the same issue.

Confirmed same with griffin's Wrath for gf, no countdown visible.
  • Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited October 2017

urabask said:

I know it's kind of old but demogorgon has been around for two mods and we still have to sit around for 2+ minutes after reaching gold in the first phase. Is it possible to have the first phase end when gold is reached?

bvira said:

The wait after gold score is achieved is totally unnecessary, please let us skip right to the next phase.

lowjohn said:

Awesome! Any chance of fixing the similar-but-opposite problem of Demogorgon Does Not Advance Stage 1 When You Reach Gold?

Demogorgen(master and normal): 1st phase) if you reach gold you have to wait the 5 minute timer out till the end. 2nd phase) If you kill Goristro too quickly and he dies before Silver Award is given he will not grant you Gold Award.

In demogorgon round 1 the timer keeps running out even after you reach gold, then you just need to sit around for 2 mins waiting for it to run out.

Also in round 2 Goristro is bugged where you don't always get credit for killing him. I know this is a well known bug but am not sure if anyone knows the cause or is able to repeat it well.

agilesto said:

- Demogorgon's gold first phase do not skip directly to the second phase you still have to wait the end of the timer.

Demogorgon Trial.
    Demogorgon First Phase
    QoL request, pls have the game move on to the second phase once Gold has been reached. As someone who mains a tank it's irritating to tango with him for 2 minutes when the objective has already been reached.

@ultimatefgt123, @lowjohn, @darthtzarr, @neidanman, @agilesto, @jumpingmorks, @beckylunatic, @bitt3rnightmar3, @erekosedm, @pitshade, @roadkill, @mageddo, @theguiido, @agilesto, @hawkeyel, @thunderlore2, @bvira, @urabask, @miguelfdz, @ridoxon, @cattman5

Addressed! The first phase will advance as soon as Gold is achieved. B) Taking a look at the Gorristo Gold reward issue next.
    @bicyclops#3731 You're the man!
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Got another annoying bug that really pesters me, and probably everyone else who has experienced this.

Bug: When buying items in the Vault of Piety both Ardent of Favor and Celestial Synergy, the game often bugs out and denies you access to buying anything. Even though you have the sufficient amount of currency provided. You have to usually quit the game all together and fully restart it for you to purchase anything.

Here is a video where I spam the A button showing you what I mean.

https://xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/9e09e9cf-3258-477f-ba99-22b0c7f92904
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Can you reduce the duration of timeout and disconnection messages? It makes getting back into the game take longer :confused:
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    kleineryoda#3363 kleineryoda Member Posts: 60 Arc User

When fighting the Dragon Turtle, companions that teleport behind enemies will no longer teleport behind the Dragon Turtle. Here are the specific companions that got the 'look where you are going' lecture.
    "Mercenary
    Lightfoot Thief
    Blink Dog
    Phase Spider
    Shadow Demon
    Owl
    Xuna"
    If there are other bosses or fights that you notice these pets having issues with, let me know and I'll get them setup for this as well.

Awesome, does this apply to player powers as well? It is possible to jump through the dragon turtle using Slasher's Mark (HR) daily. I'd imagine this is true for Deft Strike (TR) and Mighty Leap (GWF) also.

#2 is another one for crypticmapolis: Ilyanbruen Armor (bought in Sharandar Store) is massively clipping through left shoulders and right leg on a female Wood Elf HR. (Medium weight, but don't tell anybody!)

#3 Bronzewood weapon enchantment is dealing X % weapon damage as Arcane damage, opposed to all other enchantments dealing X % damage with your powers. This is still not bringing the Bronzewood in line with other enchantments (like Frost). On a 300,000 critical Aimed Shot I deal like 1,500 Arcane damage. *duh*
  • Options
    @bicyclops#3731 This is on ps4 please fix as soon as possible.

1.Tyranical Curse does not effect Trex, KOS heroic, TO9G bosses(was told), and hunt bosses. It just consumes the TC and you just waste it.

2. Crabs in Chult can't be marked by Warlocks.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    World Maps at most places (notable exception - Port Nyanzaru) don't let you zoom out of 'Chult'.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    Blue level 70 gear you get from leveling dungeons' final chest (which a lot of people will run now since it's the only thing they can run) doesn't break into RP nor can you salvage it which makes it all but useless. Either let it salvage or let it be used in refining.

• Options
    consustesconsustes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    There is an unflattering undershirt always visible after changing the appearance of my character in the Tower of Alteration.

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

I've investigated the issue and made some progress. I'm still uncertain why quick releasing is causing immediate death, but if this does happen to you, you will now respawn at the correct point; in front of the disc that takes you back to Ras Nsi.

I don't know if the fall is a texture that goes up, or indeed there is a movement down, if it's actual some movement, then it can be similar to how once there were campfire exploits where people jumped to their death from selected spots to end up at a forward campfire.
    The resurrection system puts (or used to) to the closest unlocked (now it's unlocked) campfire to your death, so if while falling down a person release or end up closer / passing near the early campfire, it maybe registering that one instead the one at the top.

(just guessing here, but maybe it will help)
  • Options
    wisper2048wisper2048 Member Posts: 187 Arc User

agilesto said:

miasmat said:

October has not ended. Has not it? Thus another feedback.

When items like identification scrolls, marks, or wards are used from inventory, they should pick most bound item first by default character bound/account bound/unbound.

They do. Do you have a specific example of an item that doesn't? Or a series of commands (or button presses) that lead to the wrong one being used?
    When I use GMOPs it doesn't use the BoC ones but the BoE. I have to put the BoE ones on bank/mail to correctly use the unsellables.
    It matters what order they are in your inventory if you have a mix. I don't actually have access to preview atm, but try placing the more bound ones to the left, then to the right in the bag and I think you'll get different results.
    The last one is used from inventory in my tests (left to right/top to down). I do not remember order for bank (whether it is first or last), so you need to use shared bank slots to be safe, since some refinement items are picked from character bank as well.

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

On preview, all bosses dropped Ultimate ench. stones. Now they only drop in chests. They're way too expensive atm - over 1 million a piece. Considering we need 87 of them for everything...
    Fix the drop chance on bosses, make both chests have a chance to drop 'em. Otherwise we're looking at 80-90 million AD investment JUST for ench. stones. That's stupid.

Based on my (rather limited) data set, I estimate the drop chance from the chests to be something like 10%. Is that consistent with what others are seeing? I would have liked it a bit higher - 10% means 6-7 months of ToNG farming just to get stones for a single character.

Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    adinosii said:

Based on my (rather limited) data set, I estimate the drop chance from the chests to be something like 10%. Is that consistent with what others are seeing? I would have liked it a bit higher - 10% means 6-7 months of ToNG farming just to get stones for a single character.

It's lower. Like, waaaaay lower. I know people who did about 30-35 runs, nothing. To make the droprate make sense, every boss and both chests in TNG should have 10-20% chance (so basically guaranteed at least 1 over 2 runs).

Edit: with the current price of 1.685 mil AD per ench stone, that's 147 MILLION AD just there.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    > @bicyclops#3731 said:
    > 5. Tomb - falling at last boss can cause a player to respawn at an early campfire instead of the one near the boss start.
    >
    > I second what @micky1p00 stated as one of my teammates respawned at the other side of the galaxy after falling at last boss.
    >
    >
    > T9G: If someone falls from the platform at the last boss and die, and respawn before they hit the ground, they will respawn dead. Respawning again there will send them back to the trap room with NPCs.
    >
    > @micky1p00m, @jaime4312, @cilginordek, @beckylunatic, @blur, @ravenskya, @jumpingmorks, @lowjohn, @araxelven, @vaness12378, @meirami - I've investigated the issue and made some progress. I'm still uncertain why quick releasing is causing immediate death, but if this does happen to you, you will now respawn at the correct point; in front of the disc that takes you back to Ras Nsi.

Wow, I'm stunned, I was absolutely convinced that this was an intended feature. How come could the rest of the group join the stranded player there? And why would you respawn there to begin with? There's no firecamp at the spot the fallen player gets to. And why would rescuing the player mysteriously "fix" the bug?

I'm happy to see this gone but I'm still doubtful about it being a bug.
    Post edited by artifleur on
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    artifleur said:

> @bicyclops#3731 said:

> 5. Tomb - falling at last boss can cause a player to respawn at an early campfire instead of the one near the boss start.

>

> I second what @micky1p00 stated as one of my teammates respawned at the other side of the galaxy after falling at last boss.

>

>

> T9G: If someone falls from the platform at the last boss and die, and respawn before they hit the ground, they will respawn dead. Respawning again there will send them back to the trap room with NPCs.

>

> @micky1p00m, @jaime4312, @cilginordek, @beckylunatic, @blur, @ravenskya, @jumpingmorks, @lowjohn, @araxelven, @vaness12378, @meirami - I've investigated the issue and made some progress. I'm still uncertain why quick releasing is causing immediate death, but if this does happen to you, you will now respawn at the correct point; in front of the disc that takes you back to Ras Nsi.

Wow, I'm stunned, I was absolutely convinced that this was an intended feature. How come could the rest of the group join the stranded player there? And why would you respawn there to begin with? There's no firecamp at the spot the fallen player gets to. And why would rescuing the player mysteriously "fix" the bug?

I'm happy to see this gone I'm still doubtful about it being a bug.

It was the failure result of a trap. It was acting as if you walked past a trap without solving it. On top of that, if you took long enough, the mobs would respawn and pull you back to the trap yet again.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    davionydaviony Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    HR Bug introduced after swords of chult launch: no recharge countdown timer on Cordon of Arrows anymore. I cannot see when I will next gain one of the (up to 3) charges.
  • Options
    agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    daviony said:

HR Bug introduced after swords of chult launch: no recharge countdown timer on Cordon of Arrows anymore. I cannot see when I will next gain one of the (up to 3) charges.

Exact same bug on GWF Hidden Daggers, cooldown is invisible for the different charges
  • Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

> @dominious12 said:

> Bane no longer shows a countdown to the next time you will regain a charge. Not sure if other multiple-charge powers now have the same issue.

Confirmed same with griffin's Wrath for gf, no countdown visible.

Same issue with Hidden Daggers for GWF. It looks like all multi-charge powers are not showing countdowns to charge recovery as of 12B.
  • Options
    valnoledvalnoled Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    I have a feeling that bonding runestones do not work properly.
    I did not notice any change in stats upgrading two of them to the 13th lvl. Even feels like stats got worse.
    Experimented with companion's enchantments. Replaced 12th Brutal with 12th Azure. Which is 420 > 700 of pet's crit stat (the changes are visible at companion chart). But I have in both cases 23 857 under Companion's gift. Is there a cap?
    Tried to do the same in character's gear - works fine.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Can we have our panties back? Our swimsuit bottoms from the summer event suddenly have cover ups on them (BOOO!) They are the only way to have attractive shoes while doing a Naked FBI.

I want to be able to dye my burlap undergarments since I can't change them.

Also - there is a serious lack of attractive foot ware, a guild shoe store would be nice, though that's more of a QOL thing.

Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    ulvien123ulvien123 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I've recently tried Tomb of the Nine Gods on CW and both Sudden Storm and Icy Terrain have problems hitting the Defiant Souls. Both of these powers are known to be problematic on different types of terrain. Another example is Icy Terrain does not give Action Points when the terrain isn't flat. I'd appreciate a fix to both Sudden Storm and Icy Terrain being able to hit souls. This will make the last boss fight in Tomb of the Nine Gods a bit easier for us wizards. There are probably more enemies these powers cannot hit, these are just the noticeable ones.

Also a to add to the multiple charges cooldown problem, Ray of Enfeeblement (on Mastery) doesn't show its cooldown either.
    Post edited by ulvien123 on
This discussion has been closed.