test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Annoyed by lack of Campaign Completion in Campaign Completion Pack.

I recently bought the Storm Kings Thunder Campaign Completion Pack for one of my characters.

I don't want to have to run that campaign as I genuinely detest it, but it has two of the upcoming gates for Epic Random Queues. While I have one character who has unlocked the Dungeon already, so FBI wasn't an issue, the boons and the Periapt of Everfrost Resistance were the two main reasons for buying it.

Turns out though, that you don't get the Periapt.

So I STILL have to go in and run the content till I earn it.

You really need to make this clear, as if I had known I needed to run ANY part of that awful Campaign I would not have bought the Campaign Completion Pack.

Actually, as far as I'm concerned the damned periapt should have been part of the package.

There are quite a few things that have pissed me off playing this game, but this is the first time I've actually felt cheated or ripped off.

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    That is shady and scam worthy. A campaign completion pack should give you everything up need to avoid running that campaign. That should include the items would get from running the campaigns initial quest lines.

This was the only campaign pack I would have considered purchasing because I, like many other from the sounds of it, find SKT to be a horrible mod that I want zero part of again.
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    All you have to do is go to BS, accept the quest and walk through the door one time, not even a single mob to kill, I think you will be fine ;)
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

All you have to do is go to BS, accept the quest and walk through the door one time, not even a single mob to kill, I think you will be fine ;)

So, all that mucking about getting to Bryn Shander and waiting like a muppet for Makos, where the ONLY exciting thing that happens in SKT of note, that might have been fun to DO (Killing a Dragon alongside Xuna) takes place in a cut scene...
    That Quest that involves the novelty of bandits ... filler... more bandits... and more filler... and more bandits...

I don't have to do any of that?

Cos I can't seem to get to Bryn Shander without actually running some of the campaign I desperately wanted to avoid, enough that I bought my way out of having to do it.

I understand, "Oh, theres not THAT much of it to do..." but when I bought that pack I honestly felt the wave of relief that I wouldn't have to even set foot in that zone wash over me.

It's just another of those "Why?" issues.
    WHY not just include the periapt if the means to get it is as easy as you say?
    I don't get it... it seems so needlesly petty to charge 50% more than the other CCPs yet still force you to go play the bloody thing to get the benefit of the completion pack.

The fact that Completing the Campaign doesn't even unlock the zones beggars belief in it's own right.
  • yiazzyyiazzy Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    It takes literally less than a half hour. Judging by how long you've been posting on these forums, I'm sure your character is strong enough to do it in even less time than that.

And as Sundance said, when you get to the main camp in BS, it's literally "Accept quest, walk through door, talk to Makos, leave and claim Periapt".

You paid to not have to go through the awful weeks, if not months, long grind of rep and and currencies. I don't think half an hour out of your day is an issue compared to how much time you've actually saved.
    I don't know why people are arguing about the length of time it would take or the difficulty of doing the intro. I don't care if it takes 5 minutes, if that was 5 minutes he was under the impression he would be spared. The fact is he bought a pack that he thought would make it so he would never have to step foot in BS and now he has to and that is total BS. Nobody's buying the SKT pack to have to go in there for 30 minutes. They're buying it because they have that mod.
  • wigoewigoe Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    As stated before, the SKT purchase is a very simple one. The Maze Engine campaign is a bit broken. Still had to do all the quests as if I hadn't purchased in order to re-do any of the chapters or acts. That was a bit disappointing. :(
    It is not even 5 minutes, its literally a few clicks, travel, accept, open door, done...I didn't want to travel there either but it all worked out just fine, took like 30 seconds...we have spent more energy talking about it than it takes to go collect it.

Casual Dailies
    edited October 2017

It is not even 5 minutes, its literally a few clicks, travel, accept, open door, done...I didn't want to travel there either but it all worked out just fine, took like 30 seconds...we have spent more energy talking about it than it takes to go collect it.

Well, I decided to do it, and have to come to the conclusion that you attended the same school as my wife to learn "concepts of time" and "the meaning of the word literally"...
    She too says literally less than five minutes when she means at least 15 or 20.

At five minutes I was still in Rothe Valley finishing off bandits...

So yeah... when you've done all the things to unlock that quest to go see Makos and unlocked the zone, then OK... fine... walking thorugh the door and clicking does, indeed, take less than five minutes.

It's still infinitely more time than I wanted to spend doing the campaign I paid to have completed.

It's still infinitely more time than I wanted to spend doing the campaign I paid to have completed.

I'm with you. I understand the point the above posters are trying to make but can we stop justifying bad ideas just because they don't take "too much" time. "Too much" is relative to every person and just because someone is willing to live with something doesn't mean others are.
    I asume the same faff is involved with getting the boat and fishing rod for those who might want to fish in Chult?

Seriously though...
    Is there another way to get those items?

I know the Winter Festival fishing rod doesn't catch fish in SKT... but is there a vendor in Chult who offers these things?

I know that, to those who don't give a monkeys about SKT, it sounds like I'm moaning unneccessarily, but if I could put into words how much I loathe that zone I'd get a ban... so I won't.
    But when that Campaign Completion Pack costs 3K, compared to the 2K of even Tyranny (which also has seven boons, and otherwise takes AGES to finish...) I'd like to think that the important items the Campaign provides that will be neccessary for OTHER content would be included in the damned completion pack.

Well, I decided to do it, and have to come to the conclusion that you attended the same school as my wife to learn "concepts of time" and "the meaning of the word literally"...
    She too says literally less than five minutes when she means at least 15 or 20.

At five minutes I was still in Rothe Valley finishing off bandits...

So yeah... when you've done all the things to unlock that quest to go see Makos and unlocked the zone, then OK... fine... walking thorugh the door and clicking does, indeed, take less than five minutes.

I did not have to go through Rothe Valley, all I had to do was zone to BS directly.

Casual Dailies
    I had to unlock the zone by unlocking the mainline by visiting Sgt Knox, then go see Neverember to listen to him... then go to Rothe Valley and kill bandits, hang with Xuna, THEN travel to Bryn Shander. Don't know if I actually had to complete the "caravan traders" load of old bollox at the start but did it just to make sure I didn't walk to town and then have to come all the way back down the hill again, THEN.... I got to go talk to the dudes in the town and get the 30 second talk to Makos quest.

I'm not after every little thing a campaign drops along the way as part of the completion pack, I don't realy give a damn about Makos' Signet for instance... (unless it suddenly becomes a requirement for a mod 13 skirmish or something equaly dumb...) but I really think that items that are to be used in the larger campaign cycle as a whole (periapt, boat, rod...) that you need to attain through a campaign you have PAID to complete, should be awarded as part of that completion.

Being required to go back and do any amount of a campaign you paid to avoid having to play is wrong.

I agree you should not have to play through Rothe Valley and all that, I did not go see Knox to get things started, so I am not sure if that is optional or required.

Casual Dailies
  • geminisky59#9345 geminisky59 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I recently purchased the Maze Engine campaign completion and although I was able to unlock the boons, I am still unable to do the weekly Baphomet quest. It seems that the only way I can do this is to re-run the entire quest line which I don't get or want to do.

I agree you should not have to play through Rothe Valley and all that, I did not go see Knox to get things started, so I am not sure if that is optional or required.

I asumed that "Completing" the quest would also involve starting it.
    So yeah, I figured "why the hell are all the zones still locked out".

So I unlocked Bryn Shander and SOMI through Sgt Knox, and the standard campaign progression but the other SKT zones are still locked. And, I imagine, will remain so...

I'm really enjoying this character and wanted to focus on getting as much done as quickly as possible before 12b drops and everything goes to hell in a handbasket with the new Random Queue thing, so I decided to buy out the campaign I would never play anyway, and concentrate on playing the stuff that doesn't give me migraine.

I don't think putting stuff like this right would be a major strain on the coding talents of the staff. And the SKT pack oin particular isn't cheap.

I recently purchased the Maze Engine campaign completion and although I was able to unlock the boons, I am still unable to do the weekly Baphomet quest. It seems that the only way I can do this is to re-run the entire quest line which I don't get or want to do.

That's bad...

I considered buying the Maze Engine pack cos those daily "run round looking for stolen ritual supplies" quests get really old really quick. After hearing that, I'm glad I didn't...

I can't understand why the weekly wouldn't open up, that's just bonkers. Killing Baphomet is esentially the aim and completion of that campaign... one of the principle rewards for doing the damned thing is that weekly.

Did you get stuff like the Battle Rager Companion, and Fashion Pack?