test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral/Zen exchange system takes a looong time !

pantha7pantha7 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
edited October 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
Something has to be done with it..i mean...cryptic did this in purpose in order to enforce players buy zen from arc games page ? R u HAMSTER on me cryptic devs..srsly ..?
Couldn't you just make an automated system to instantly convert the zen to ad's and the opposite...?not waiting thousands of players to sell their stack of zen....

HAMSTER filter manually applied.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I believe what the OP was suggesting (in somewhat overly colourful terms) is that when the exchange hits 500:1 then a form of 'quantitative easing' kicks in, where it doesn't reduce the exchange, but allows transactions to go through with immediate effect.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Cryptic is already doing you a HUGE favor by capping the ZAX at 500. If it wasn't capped...i bet it would be closer to 1000 for 1 Zen right now and 750 or so normally.

If anything I find it off the other way around, in that it takes about 1 day per million to pay out....almost like clockwork. Almost as if cryptic is doing exactly what you are asking and sticking the ZAX artificially. If the system is not being stocked by cryptic, it wouldn't be that consistent.
    Post edited by oldbaldyone on
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    The the last two purchases I made days apart both filled in eight days, in line with the other posters assessment of one million a day turnover.

Last year the fill rate was about 500K iirc. This year will be much worst. Not only is there a new mod, there are the two new enchantment ranks. People will need one (or two) coal ward(s) for each enchantment to get back to BiS. The best way to get them is the BF sale. Even for people who are not that uber, it's an twice-a-year arbitrage opportunity.

I'm sure cryptic is injecting some zen into the zax. I can't imagine any zen holders are sellers now. The only zen source are newer players converting cash to AD.

So quit gripping an put your order in. You have about a week or two before it may be impossible to get them in time for the sale.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

armadeonx said:

I believe what the OP was suggesting (in somewhat overly colourful terms) is that when the exchange hits 500:1 then a form of 'quantitative easing' kicks in, where it doesn't reduce the exchange, but allows transactions to go through with immediate effect.

I don't know that it would work very well like that. The Zen has to come from somewhere. The problem is still the botters and past exploits with AD. There is still too much AD in the system and not enough AD sinks.
    Not everyone with millions of ADs is an exploiter or botter. I know several long time players, who have 100 kk+ AD. If I could be bothered, to play NW for max profit and not for fun, I would have capped several chars with 100 kk AD. Any smart player can double his ADs in a year. Add a few years playing, old leadership (even without alt armies), a few smart buys and good drops and 50-100 kk AD is easily obtained.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Nothing wrong with the ZAX ... Sadly because people are holding out for a possble Zen Sale we might get the same we got with 2X refinement ... that 40/50% sales are removed

That will fix Zax problems but will not be nice
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    That is not long at all comparing with a few months wait when I joined the game.
    Zen in Zax is sold by user and not by cryptic.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • lurch#1403 lurch Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Guess I picked the wrong time to start playing.

Will the price ever drop below 500?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Probably right after Christmas.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    I don't think you can blame for bots for everything. Right now there is a backlog because of the upcoming new mod and the black friday sale.

You could blame players for not spending as much zen right now, but that would be silly. or you could blame the lack of players being around to spend zen, and then that would be blaming cryptic for not having enough players.

bots do have an effect on the economy, but they are not the reason why the zax is backlogged right now
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    Cryptic could of course clear the backlog easily if they lifted the 500 AD per Zen cap and let the market find its own new level.

But would players be happy to pay more for their Zen to get it instantly?
    nevfe said:

Cryptic could of course clear the backlog easily if they lifted the 500 AD per Zen cap and let the market find its own new level.

But would players be happy to pay more for their Zen to get it instantly?

There are always 2 camps. To choose between wait and higher cost, I take wait.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Took 9+ days to get it to flip today, when line was around 9 mil. About a million a day transfers.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User

The ZAX has stayed at more or less 500 for 2-3 years now. It has done an occasional trip down to 470 or so, but not
    far enough away from 500 for it to really matter.

The ZAX has stayed at more or less 500 for 2-3 years now. It has done an occasional trip down to 470 or so, but not
    far enough away from 500 for it to really matter.
    Yes, I joined in mod 3. It stayed in 500 until at least mod 6 for it to go under 500 the first times since mod 3. It "helped" a bit when leadership/invocation stopped to produce AD.
    I remember it dipped into the high 300's at one point a few years back. I dropped every cent I had into it and the flipped it for 500 AD each. Think I made around 5-7m AD profit. Ah the good old days.

edited October 2017
    If the new RQ hurt the AD production, it will "help".
    Zen buyers who buy Zen to convert to AD do not necessary care about AD from dungeon as much. RQ will not kill this group of people.
    edited October 2017
    pantha7 said:

If i post ad's in ZAX after mod 12b launch ...it will take two weeks to get my zen ...?
    About the Automated system, how it could work... if the amount of ad's request is ''equal'' to the zen selling request then the auto system instantly can convert the currency and send it to the player that posted it..why waiting a huge stack of zen selling reach a specific point to get yur ad's...

If you put your "buy" order in, your order will be in a queue and be processed first in first out (within the same price queue).
    My understanding is: if somebody sells Zen, regardless what his price set to, the best offer (that fulfill his minimum requirement) will be taken first.

e.g. Buyer A posts 490 AD for 1 Zen. Buyer B posts 500 AD for 1 Zen.

Seller C posts 1 Zen for 490 AD. Buyer B will get the Zen and Seller C will get 500 AD.

e.g. Buyer A posts 500 AD for 10 Zen.
    Seller B sells 5 Zen for 500 AD.
    Buyer A will get 5 Zen and the 5 Zen stays in the queue.
    2 hours later, Seller C sells 2 Zen for 500 AD.
    Buyer A will get 2 Zen and 3 in the queue.
    1 week later, Seller D sells 10 Zen for 500 AD.
    Buyer A will get 3 Zen and Seller D has 7 Zen waiting to be sold.
  • draslyodraslyo Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    i have had my queue in for about 30 days now just how backup is it.
    You have to remember, they don't WANT to make this faster. They would probably prefer this process be as slow as possible, enticing you to buy zen directly (which is faster and gives them cash).

The fact they even HAVE a ZAX is pretty generous of them, but it also allows them to confidently state that the game is 100% free. They even suffer the fact that zen market items are overpriced (real money wise) because of the option to use AD for Zen items essentially...because they want to maintain a free game. Again, it is very generous.

It's basically a choice of time: Do you want it now (buy it with real cash) or in 1 week per million essentially for free (ZAX)? Pick your poison.