test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Masquerade of Liars 2017

When is the Masquerade due to start? Looking forward to celebrating Halloween Neverwinter style.
GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: Exposure to this .sig can be hazardous to your health.

Comments

• majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Calendar in game has the 26th of October through 1 November. All Hail to the Pumpkin King! :p
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Yea.. the run around PE like a crazy person event :D
  • emihirst159#2332 emihirst159 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Only a week... Still a cool event though =^•^=
    GOVERNMENT HEALTH WARNING: Exposure to this .sig can be hazardous to your health.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I think it'd be cool if they added black cat augments with glowing yellow eyes to the event store.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    Or maybe a bat augment @iandarksword. I'd grab (or grind for) one of those in a heartbeat. ;)
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    True, all the events need to have something new to attract old players. Don't think I've done any of the the events this year, for lack of a point.
    No idea what my toon is now.
    This true.. I didnt even participate in the Summer Festival which is 1 of may faves because Ive got everything I want from it. The only event I've really participated in this year is the Seige of Neverwinter only because of the guild drops.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

This true.. I didnt even participate in the Summer Festival which is 1 of may faves because Ive got everything I want from it. The only event I've really participated in this year is the Seige of Neverwinter only because of the guild drops.

They added 2 new mounts and there's always the Raffle...
    FrozenFire
  • karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    It would be great if they added something to each event. It sucks having them pop up again only to see that you have all the stuff from them. I would really love a reason to keep coming back to events once you have "that one thing".
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I love that event!!!!! best one ever
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    I wonder how the refinement drops for the artifact will work with the new refinement system.
  • pip#4959 pip Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    i have not been able to interact with illusionists since I first exchanged liars charms with them Thursday evening
    Any ideas ?
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    I have a request for masquerade of liars, would it be possible to bind the random masks picked up with the tokens to account, instead of character?

My account has several characters and a few of them have several temporary masks that are bound to character and although I play other characters just as frequently they haven't even received one.

The masks are not able to be auctioned, traded or dropped for refining points so either they remain in your inventory until they are eventually used, or sold to a merchant for a paltry few coppers.

It would be nice for a character on an account to be able to gift a mask to another player on the same account who doesn't have one yet...

Just a thought.
    DD~
    > @pip#4959 said:
    > i have not been able to interact with illusionists since I first exchanged liars charms with them Thursday evening
    > Any ideas ?

Do you have charms? They won't interact with you unless you do.
    Also you have to talk to like 5 (I think) DIFFERENT illusionists before they reset
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Yes, you need to work out a circuit that encompasses enough Illusionists that the first unlocks before you get back to that point. I start at the bottom of the steps below the podium (bank side) and work my way around the Coster Market.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

True, all the events need to have something new to attract old players. Don't think I've done any of the the events this year, for lack of a point.

If you had not upgraded your artifact yet, you will need to run it. They reset them to event RP only.

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone! We are going over the feedback to this year's Masquerade of Liars in hopes of expanding and improving the event for next year, since it is also a favorite here as well! Due to time constraints, we weren't able to expand much this year but there's some great ideas we're looking over for next time!
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    The new costume is great. I would like to see more of that quality.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

The new costume is great. I would like to see more of that quality.

It creeps me out :P Having to stare at it for a long time while trying to get good screenshots (and not being too successful because I'm terrible at in-game lighting angles) made me jumpy :P
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I'd say see about more variety of illusions since the list of possibilities has expanded over time. I'm not sure how complicated that may be though. There is also Neverdeath graveyard and zombie ridden Ebon Downs that could be prime real estate for enterprising necromancers or vampires to unleash their respective minions in skirmishes with adventurers. I also hear there's a dangerous pathway through the Shadowfell to cursed realms where powerful vampires dwell in castles circled by ravens aloft... ;)
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • lurch#1403 lurch Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    This is my first time with the Masquerade event, and my only problem is that it is far too much of a grind to get any of the decent items. Its over in about a day and I dont even have half of the 1200 tokens needed for the scarecrow companion.

Guess Ill just get the costume on the few of my characters that have enough tokens.
    > @nitocris83 said:
    > The new costume is great. I would like to see more of that quality.
    >
    > It creeps me out :P Having to stare at it for a long time while trying to get good screenshots (and not being too successful because I'm terrible at in-game lighting angles) made me jumpy :P

Actually.. I found out it looks pretty cool if you substitute the the one that looks like cat ears instead of the hood :D
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User

This outfit is awesome!!! Looks great when ya mix'm with other outfits. B)

P.S. I don't do helmets. No point in fixing my hair for 3 hours just to cover it up!! :#