test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator

@noworries#8859 There is only 1 major thing that sticks out in my mind and that is gmops and smops. Currently they are sold as individual items and a lot of the time, you want more than 1 of them. It would be great if we could buy up to 99 at a time.

You get a bulk buy.

How about lockboxes from wonderous bazaar. Currently they are bought individually and for someone that likes to purchase 1-2k for lockbox opening every time glorious are released buying them this way is quite tedious.

And you get a bulk buy.

Another would be the items found in the crafting merchants for just guild marks. Several of the alchemy ingredients (such as Aqua something) are purchased in bulk... one at a time.

And you get a bulk buy!
    pitshade said:

Fomorian Concoctions for Gold Crescents comes to mind as something that ought to purchasable in bulk. Vanguard Scrip and Lair keys as well.

And you get a bulk buy!!
    macjae said:

Profession resources from the Profession Vendor should also be buyable in stacks of 99 rather than 20.

It's awful enough picking up all this quicksilver to dump into things people will drink anyway that it shouldn't also be a chore.

There should no longer be any bulk buys that are capped at 20 (assuming I didn't miss any). But that doesn't fit into how this response is going so...

And you get a bulk buy!!!!!
    Ummmmm... Gifts of Simril @noworries#8859? Pretty please?
    FrozenFire
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    I saw slam was getting a fix to crit....also proc weapon enhancements?
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Nyanzaru Noble's clothes can't be found in game, nothing in Chult store and dealers
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • bawkrubawkru Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    we need trails of the old dungeons
    i would like to think that most if not all of us would love to see harder( as in hopefully mechanic wise {tong is a great example of this} ) of the old dungeons like pirate king, karrundax, frozen heart, and others. i know lots have suggested this in the past for a very very long time.
    with this u could add things like higher enchantment rank drops say only rank8-9s and tradeable armor drops that are currently relevant even there own versions (nothing special just something new) i have always wanted armors with the stats re arranged on them ( instead of power crit def have lifesteal deflect and recovery for example). i always thought the flooding of a item would help with there cost and sense we are all aiming for rank 13-14 stuff atm so we can even do some of the end game stuff dropping more rank 9-10s would be a great way to do this and allow for new comers not to have to wait nearly a year just to be close to end game.
    adding the "Trail" versions of the old stuff can allow u to gives more thing to run but also u can allow for different item level versions of these ex: frozen heart 3 man (think level 45 no ilvl needed ) epic frozen heart ( lvl 70 and 11k+) and frozen heart trail (14k ilvl and lvl 70 mite have slight mechanics added like boss goes immune for few sec wile u have to kill his mobs that spawn ). epic and trail versions would have close to the same drops but for the trail u have way better chances of drops that would prevent u from having to come up with NEW things. you just have to change drop chances. having these work off of average item level would also keep from newer people having a chance at joining.
    these are just examples i didn't put to much thought into what they would or can drop i more worried with something more to do dungeon wise and miss my old stuff
    i know u kinda want to keep suggestions out of this tread but this is something i know lots have talked about over the last 3 years and would be very nice if it can have its chances to.
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    brewald said:

Nyanzaru Noble's clothes can't be found in game, nothing in Chult store and dealers

Noble clothes are available along with some other Fashion items in Tradebar Merchant Store, Adventure clothes are sold, once unlocked through the campaign, from the campaign store.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    asterdahl said:

asterdahl said:

emilemo said:

Fix the bug which makes the Paladin enter Guardian Fighter block animation before entering his own thus delaying the activation if Sanctuary altogether

Fixed. In reality, paladin does not have "his own" block animation, what was happening with this power was that the paladin was briefly entering the block animation (shared with guardian fighter) before reverting to their normal combat idle. Because their normal combat idle has their shield slightly raised, and blocking causes you to strafe instead of turn, it can feel a bit like a block animation is being played but this is not actually the case.

With the fix, the block animation with the shield raised properly like guardian fighter will now play. In addition, because this stance will be properly playing, when you are struck while blocking you'll play the proper blocking hit react animation.

As a bonus—most of these fixes will not be until after Module 12B for reasons outlined in the original post by @rgutscheradev. However! This issue is so frustrating and has been outstanding for so long that this fix will be coming in Module 12B.
    Sorry to quote myself here—I don't think anyone has specifically touched on this issue—some of you long time Paladins and Guardian Fighters may have noticed a very occasional issue wherein you hit block and your shield raised but in fact you weren't getting the increased resistance (or any other effects, other than swapping out the guardian's at-wills) and weren't losing any of your block meter. This issue is a bit easier to notice for Paladins, as the visual effects of the ring don't draw in this case.

This could be solved by letting go and pressing block again, but of course—you might be killed in the meantime if this occurred during a tense moment in a boss fight, such as right before a tankbuster. I've been working closely with one of our programmers to debug this issue and together we rooted out the core cause and have a fix locally. So when you hit block, you should now be able to trust that you'll always start blocking.

Speaking of when you start blocking—some of you may have seen it in the Module 12B preview patch notes, but in addition to the original fixes posted in this thread and the issue I just outlined, we were also able to improve the responsiveness on both paladin's sanctuary and guardian's block. So, when you hit the button, you should get the damage resistance and any other effects even faster than before (roughly 45 milliseconds faster for those who care!) Unfortunately since the issue with block and sanctuary rarely not activating was a lower level code fix we'll be holding that one back until Module 13 (as with most of the bugfixes in this thread.)

Would you mind checking, while you are at it, GWF's stuck position when the left mouse button is pressed.
    Sometimes I just stand still and look at the boss although the button is pressed instead of attacking. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.
    The only solution to do damage constantly is to keep pressing the button like there is no tomorrow.

EDIT:
    I know this is mostly a given for any GWF, but just to clarify, I have Sure Strike slotted on that button.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    <in Blue text...if I could make blue text>

@sgrantdev

@thefabricant speaketh the truth.

<end fake blue text>
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited October 2017

sgrantdev said:

The following skills don’t proc Weapon Enchantments:
    Lightning:
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell
    Infernal Spheres
    Wraith’s Shadow
    (both as Normal cast and Curse Consume cast)
    Pillar of Power (procs Lightning only once, despite being an Entity skill)
    Feytouched:
    Brood of Hadar
    Accursed Souls
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell

These should be fixed now.

A couple of notes:
    Immolation Spheres: will take some more time to figure out because of the nature of this power

Entity based abilities and weapon enchants: The past couple of weeks we have been discussing how weapon enchants should trigger and the intent is that the proc (for enchants that have procs) should fire once on activation of the ability. This means that "entity" based powers should proc initially and no more after that. If there is a case where something needs to work different it should be noted in the tooltip.

I am going to look into the rest of these next, but I wanted to let you all know that I was able to fix a chunk of these today.

@sgrantdev if you do this, the only class which will use these weapon enchantments is GWF and that is it. If you want to completely kill weapon enchant diversity, this sure is the way to do it, since it will be a case of, "if you are a gwf, you can use holy/lightning and if you are anything else, you can use fey, dread or vorp."

The fact of the matter is, there are only 2 situations where using these enchantments is good. The first is if you can proc it multiple times on a single ability and the second is if the ability coefficient of the base skill that constitutes most of your damage is low. GWF spams at wills for most of their damage and for no other class this is the case, so it means they will be the only class that can benefit from them.

As it currently stands as a CW, I will fully admit that the class relies entirely on procs for damage, which, tbh, kind of sucks. This change is pretty much just a nerf to the CW class and that is it, where a large portion of your damage comes from these entity type powers. If you don't like the fact that CW relies entirely on procs for damage, I can understand the reasoning, I don't either, but unless you intend to completely redesign the class so it can actually do damage without procs, this change isn't warranted.
    I don't know where this GWF hate comes from, lots of classes get the bulk of their damage from non-entity powers. And, TR's also derive a great deal of their damage from at-wills, such as Duelist's Flurry (I don't play a TR, I am just speculating here).

You are right that if enchants only procced once per entity-based power, it would seem to most severely impact CW. On the other hand, it seems to me that weapon enchants were never supposed to be this must-have necessity in order to do MAD DEEPZ. Even you must admit that it's a little bit ridiculous that melee strikers such as GWF's are expected to carry with them an AOE enchant like Lightning, AND a *healing* enchant such as Holy Avenger. I would not mind if weapon enchants were restored back to a place where they only gave a small additional damage bonus, not this huge added benefit. The progression pathway is already steep enough, let's not make it so that new and growing characters are expected to have multiple Transcendent (soon to be Unparalleled) enchants in order to be competitive.

Besides, we don't really have weapon enchant diversity now, despite the changes. Before the scaling changes, yes, everyone walked around with either Vorpal or Feytouched, or a debuff enchant like Plague Fire or Terror. Now, what do we have? Vorpal, Lightning, Holy, and Feytouched, or a debuff enchant like Plague Fire or Terror. Still, most of the others are ignored. I think this is because these enchants have too prominent of a role in damage output. If the enchants were nerfed so as to give only a small added benefit, then we would see more diversity of enchants, as it wouldn't matter so much if you had a Lightning or a Flaming or a Bilethorn enchant or what-have-you.

@sgrantdev Suggestion: Rescale weapon enchants such that, at max rank, the total damage from each one (including all secondary effects, such as DoT's) is comparable to each other, and comparable to an unscaled enchant such as Vorpal.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    sgrantdev said:

Lightning:
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell
    Infernal Spheres
    Wraith’s Shadow
    Feytouched:
    Brood of Hadar
    Accursed Souls
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell

A couple of notes:
    Immolation Spheres: will take some more time to figure out because of the nature of this power

Entity based abilities and weapon enchants: The past couple of weeks we have been discussing how weapon enchants should trigger and the intent is that the proc (for enchants that have procs) should fire once on activation of the ability. This means that "entity" based powers should proc initially and no more after that. If there is a case where something needs to work different it should be noted in the tooltip.

I am going to look into the rest of these next, but I wanted to let you all know that I was able to fix a chunk of these today.

sgrantdev said:

Lightning:
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell
    Infernal Spheres
    Wraith’s Shadow
    Feytouched:
    Brood of Hadar
    Accursed Souls
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell

A couple of notes:

@sgrantdev if you do this, the only class which will use these weapon enchantments is GWF and that is it. If you want to completely kill weapon enchant diversity, this sure is the way to do it, since it will be a case of, "if you are a gwf, you can use holy/lightning and if you are anything else, you can use fey, dread or vorp."

The fact of the matter is, there are only 2 situations where using these enchantments is good. The first is if you can proc it multiple times on a single ability and the second is if the ability coefficient of the base skill that constitutes most of your damage is low. GWF spams at wills for most of their damage and for no other class this is the case, so it means they will be the only class that can benefit from them.

As it currently stands as a CW, I will fully admit that the class relies entirely on procs for damage, which, tbh, kind of sucks. This change is pretty much just a nerf to the CW class and that is it, where a large portion of your damage comes from these entity type powers. If you don't like the fact that CW relies entirely on procs for damage, I can understand the reasoning, I don't either, but unless you intend to completely redesign the class so it can actually do damage without procs, this change isn't warranted.
    Now is late you should give that feedback when you did repeatable report about the many weapon enchantments procs on cw.
    IF they delay to rework the class those changes should not happen.
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    Two suggestions that are not necessarily bugs, but do not make sense:

1. Death Slaad's active bonus. The Death Slaad's active bonus at Rare (blue) level is preferred over the Death Slaad's active bonus at Epic or Legendary level because of the stacking and exploding in the DoT. At blue level, when you stack the poison, it will keep ticking continuously with no end, as long as you keep stacking. But at epic and legendary companion, the 5 stacks will explode in the DoT, and then the player has to restack the 5 poison stacks all over again. The damage done by the DoT is significantly less than the damage done by the ticking poison.

2. Group Stat Bonus and Random Queues. Given the introduction of Random Queues next mod, the effort to boost parties that might not have similar guild boon bonuses will drop. Those guilds that chose Explorer and run the Group Stat option will find themselves penalized for that boon selection with the new RQ system. If they group with members of their guild to run dungeons, they get penalized on not getting the daily AD bonus. If they go in the RQ system for the daily AD, they are penalized as a player or guild, in having to select a different boon, or making the utility of the group stat boon much less. Consider changing the conditions of the boon (maybe mod 13).
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

edited October 2017
    sgrantdev said:

Lightning:
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell
    Infernal Spheres
    Wraith’s Shadow
    Feytouched:
    Brood of Hadar
    Accursed Souls
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell

A couple of notes:

So that change is only for weapon enchantments not for example : aura of courage infatile compensation come in my mind.
    I am saying that to not feel again in future i abuse a "bug" of the game:)
    (sarcasm)

question again if enchants are not supposed to proc from those " entities " why then those entities their damage increases from enchantments like vorpal,feytouched?
    SO you are saying i cant proc more than once an enchantment with opressive force but if i use vorpal each hit from opressive force will get boost on critical hit? IS that logic?
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

sgrantdev said:

Lightning:
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell
    Infernal Spheres
    Wraith’s Shadow
    Feytouched:
    Brood of Hadar
    Accursed Souls
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell

A couple of notes:

So that change is only for weapon enchantments not for example : aura of courage infatile compensation come in my mind.
    (sarcasm)
    There are case by case rules for everything, you don't just report everything under the same set of rules. The devs specifically stated that the owlbear cub should not be multiprocced by that stuff, so guess what, it should not be multiprocced by that stuff. They also clearly stated that weapon enchants should be procced by that stuff, after it was questioned, which means guess what, it was supposed to be procced by that stuff. If you want to be a complete moron and report everything under the same set of rules, why don't you report that aura of courage, storm spell, assailing force, creeping frost, warped magics, abyss of chaos, critical conflagration and many other things can be procced by every tick of CW entities, since it seems you like blanket applying 1 set of rules to every mechanic in the game.

Guess which class is the only class that can take advantage of them if entity powers no longer multiproc them? GWF.

Along with all of the other classes that do not mainly rely on entity powers for their damage.

Perhaps GWFs benefit *more* from scaling enchants than other classes, but I think that is a far cry from claiming that GWFs would be the *only ones* to use them if entity powers no longer multiprocced scaling weapon enchants, as you initially claimed.

Besides, if the devs listen to my suggestion, all of the weapon enchants would be comparable in terms of their damage output, with perhaps only a slight edge to a few of them.

You brought up trs but you forget that duelist's flurry bleed does not proc weapon enchantments and is a large portion of their dps, which of course means that %damage weapon enchantments are bad for them as well.

I did not realize Duelist's Flurry did not proc weapon enchants, my apologies. Perhaps they should.

@sgrantdev Suggestion: Duelist's Flurry should proc weapon enchants.

edited October 2017

sgrantdev said:

Lightning:
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell
    Infernal Spheres
    Wraith’s Shadow
    Feytouched:
    Brood of Hadar
    Accursed Souls
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell

A couple of notes:

(sarcasm)
    There are case by case rules for everything, you don't just report everything under the same set of rules. The devs specifically stated that the owlbear cub should not be multiprocced by that stuff, so guess what, it should not be multiprocced by that stuff. They also clearly stated that weapon enchants should be procced by that stuff, after it was questioned, which means guess what, it was supposed to be procced by that stuff. If you want to be a complete moron and report everything under the same set of rules, why don't you report that aura of courage, storm spell, assailing force, creeping frost, warped magics, abyss of chaos, critical conflagration and many other things can be procced by every tick of CW entities, since it seems you like blanket applying 1 set of rules to every mechanic in the game.

I Said about aura of courage and infatile compensation only maybe they count as " entities".
    Wasnt a report a question was.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited October 2017

chemjeff said:

Guess which class is the only class that can take advantage of them if entity powers no longer multiproc them? GWF.

Along with all of the other classes that do not mainly rely on entity powers for their damage.

Perhaps GWFs benefit *more* from scaling enchants than other classes, but I think that is a far cry from claiming that GWFs would be the *only ones* to use them if entity powers no longer multiprocced scaling weapon enchants, as you initially claimed.

Besides, if the devs listen to my suggestion, all of the weapon enchants would be comparable in terms of their damage output, with perhaps only a slight edge to a few of them.

You brought up trs but you forget that duelist's flurry bleed does not proc weapon enchantments and is a large portion of their dps, which of course means that %damage weapon enchantments are bad for them as well.

I did not realize Duelist's Flurry did not proc weapon enchants, my apologies. Perhaps they should.

They would be, because maths exists and we can show that %weapon enchants suck in every other circumstance unless you either multiproc on entities or spam at wills.

This is objectively just a nerf to every class that isn't a gwf.
    :weary: please stop saying "or spams at wills" as much as this is generally true, there are two HR builds that "spam at wills" that do not benefit from proc based weapon enchantments. This is because the base damage on their at wills is extremely high compared to other at wills. This has always been based on base damage, not on at will vs. encounter vs. daily. At wills just tend to have lower base damages. I know you already know this, but I would like to clarify it before the next comment states that Archery HR spams at wills, so they should therefore be good with weapon enchantments.

My DC is 100% unaffected by this change :tongue:
    But no, you are right, it's mainly a nerf to CW, and prevents the buff from ever happening on the fixed Smoke Bomb and Pillar of Power.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

chemjeff said:

They would be, because maths exists and we can show that %weapon enchants suck in every other circumstance unless you either multiproc on entities or spam at wills.

:weary: please stop saying "or spams at wills" as much as this is generally true, there are two HR builds that "spam at wills" that do not benefit from proc based weapon enchantments. This is because the base damage on their at wills is extremely high compared to other at wills. This has always been based on base damage, not on at will vs. encounter vs. daily. At wills just tend to have lower base damages. I know you already know this, but I would like to clarify it before the next comment states that Archery HR spams at wills, so they should therefore be good with weapon enchantments.

My DC is 100% unaffected by this change :tongue:
    But no, you are right, it's mainly a nerf to CW, and prevents the buff from ever happening on the fixed Smoke Bomb and Pillar of Power.
    @darthtzarr Archery HRs do not exist so we can ignore them.
    Combat also spams at wills, but cannot benefit from proc based weapon enchantments properly. If they don't exist, I play with a lot of imaginary friends... oh wait.

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    chemjeff said:

sgrantdev said:

Lightning:
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell
    Infernal Spheres
    Wraith’s Shadow
    Feytouched:
    Brood of Hadar
    Accursed Souls
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell

A couple of notes:

I don't know where this GWF hate comes from, lots of classes get the bulk of their damage from non-entity powers. And, TR's also derive a great deal of their damage from at-wills, such as Duelist's Flurry (I don't play a TR, I am just speculating here).

You are right that if enchants only procced once per entity-based power, it would seem to most severely impact CW. On the other hand, it seems to me that weapon enchants were never supposed to be this must-have necessity in order to do MAD DEEPZ. Even you must admit that it's a little bit ridiculous that melee strikers such as GWF's are expected to carry with them an AOE enchant like Lightning, AND a *healing* enchant such as Holy Avenger. I would not mind if weapon enchants were restored back to a place where they only gave a small additional damage bonus, not this huge added benefit. The progression pathway is already steep enough, let's not make it so that new and growing characters are expected to have multiple Transcendent (soon to be Unparalleled) enchants in order to be competitive.

Besides, we don't really have weapon enchant diversity now, despite the changes. Before the scaling changes, yes, everyone walked around with either Vorpal or Feytouched, or a debuff enchant like Plague Fire or Terror. Now, what do we have? Vorpal, Lightning, Holy, and Feytouched, or a debuff enchant like Plague Fire or Terror. Still, most of the others are ignored. I think this is because these enchants have too prominent of a role in damage output. If the enchants were nerfed so as to give only a small added benefit, then we would see more diversity of enchants, as it wouldn't matter so much if you had a Lightning or a Flaming or a Bilethorn enchant or what-have-you.

@sgrantdev Suggestion: Rescale weapon enchants such that, at max rank, the total damage from each one (including all secondary effects, such as DoT's) is comparable to each other, and comparable to an unscaled enchant such as Vorpal.
    To me this raises the question of what is the primary purpose of the CW? Dungeon enemies have so many HP that everyone is always asking for "HDPS"...for CWs, does the change mean a migration of their role back from DPS to CC? This itself begs the question: what is to be their role in boss fights, where bosses are always immune to CC? While it's possible to build a control CW where control bonus tops 104%, damage output suffers severely and certain powers begin to malfunction (see vid). In times past boss fights invariably involved lots of adds, but with the changes to mechanic-based fights against CC immune enemies its unclear where the CW will fit in, especially if the way enchants proc is changed.

broken_singularity
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Contrary to popular belief, currently only CW and GWF can truly benefit from the weapon damage proc based weapon enchantment system. All other classes currently cannot synergize with them enough to use them. Even if all of the weapon enchantment bugs were removed for HR, DC, SW, OP, GF, and TR, the benefits of the weapon damage proc based enchantments would still fall very short of Vorpal/Dread/Feytouched because their base damage is too high in contrast to the base damage of the weapon enchantments.

Well if this is the case, then this sounds like a problem with the weapon enchant scaling, not with whether or not they multiproc on entity powers. If they still suck for all other classes besides GWF and CW, then they weren't scaled right.

So if the devs ( @sgrantdev ) are really going to do this bugfix thing, then let's have the weapon enchants proc consistently - multiproc on entity powers or not, multiproc on bleed/DoT damage or not, I personally don't care, just as long as it's consistent - and scale them appropriately so that they are viable for all classes.

And, I personally would suggest that the scaling ones provide only a very small additional benefit as compared to the unscaled ones like Vorpal, so as to lessen the burden of gearing up for newer characters to some degree, and to make it clear that having a shiny weapon scaling enchant is really something only for when a character reaches the end of progression, not a must-have requirement for doing ordinary content.

hustin1 said:

To me this raises the question of what is the primary purpose of the CW?

I personally hope that the devs bring back more necessity for CC in the game, so as to give a more clearly defined role for CW's.
    chemjeff said:

Contrary to popular belief, currently only CW and GWF can truly benefit from the weapon damage proc based weapon enchantment system. All other classes currently cannot synergize with them enough to use them. Even if all of the weapon enchantment bugs were removed for HR, DC, SW, OP, GF, and TR, the benefits of the weapon damage proc based enchantments would still fall very short of Vorpal/Dread/Feytouched because their base damage is too high in contrast to the base damage of the weapon enchantments.

Well if this is the case, then this sounds like a problem with the weapon enchant scaling, not with whether or not they multiproc on entity powers. If they still suck for all other classes besides GWF and CW, then they weren't scaled right.

So if the devs ( @sgrantdev ) are really going to do this bugfix thing, then let's have the weapon enchants proc consistently - multiproc on entity powers or not, multiproc on bleed/DoT damage or not, I personally don't care, just as long as it's consistent - and scale them appropriately so that they are viable for all classes.
    "Not scaling properly" well... that's because they do a fixed amount of damage based on your weapon, and then that damage scales with your scaling effects. They are technically scaling as stated, but because they are a fixed damage addition, they have varying effectiveness based on how much damage the original power dealt. I outlined the issue awhile back in this thread, since the system does seem unfair
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1235269/inconsistency-of-weapon-enchantments
    chemjeff said:

And, I personally would suggest that the scaling ones provide only a very small additional benefit as compared to the unscaled ones like Vorpal, so as to lessen the burden of gearing up for newer characters to some degree, and to make it clear that having a shiny weapon scaling enchant is really something only for when a character reaches the end of progression, not a must-have requirement for doing ordinary content.

Because I want to spend millions of AD making an enchantment that provides a very small additional benefit... nope.

chemjeff said:

"Not scaling properly" well... that's because they do a fixed amount of damage based on your weapon, and then that damage scales with your scaling effects. They are technically scaling as stated, but because they are a fixed damage addition, they have varying effectiveness based on how much damage the original power dealt. I outlined the issue awhile back in this thread, since the system does seem unfair
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1235269/inconsistency-of-weapon-enchantments
    Then perhaps they should be scaled differently so that they don't do a fixed amount of damage based on your weapon. That is my point.

chemjeff said:

Because I want to spend millions of AD making an enchantment that provides a very small additional benefit... nope.
    That is what it means to have end-game gear, rather than a mid-game necessity.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    chemjeff said:

Balancing ain't Bug Fixes... And Balancing ain't easy either, so it doesn't count for the easy-to-change feedback... And, now pretty much all weapon enchantments see use except maybe Bronzewood, Flaming, and Lifedrinker, so we're at a much better state than earlier. I don't see what you've been trying to point out, but @thefabricant ain't wrong, and there certainly was no GWF hate :p
    FrozenFire
This discussion has been closed.