test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    Stronghold Coffer always shows I have a PVP currency donation opportunity even though I do not PVP and only have one PVP medal (or seal?) from once entering a match. Unfortunately I cannot donate it as the minimal donation is 10 PVP seals nor I can throw it away.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • tondaleiyo#4579 tondaleiyo Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    <font color=cyan>Feedback</font>
    Hello :) :) :)
    so I'm not sure if this has been suggested before *wink, wink* But is there any way developers can make the loot roll winner window smaller? The roll bar at the top is great but when everyone finishes rolling the winner window takes up so much of the screen that I can't see what I'm doing. This can be very aggravating when I'm in the process of getting my butt kicked in a dungeon. I know that when I'm in a private group I can change the loot roll options to round robin and that's fantastic, however, When I que for a dungeon this is no longer an option. Is there a reason why this window has to be so big? Can't developers simply use the same msg box that is used when rolling for an item? Please let me know what ya'll think, and thanks for reading my post :) :) :)
  • joenettlesjoenettles Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    Some enchants like the Loamweave still can't be upgraded, even though you don't need a second enchant.

Maybe it's "as intended" but there was a Trans Loamweave on the AH at one time. So you could upgrade them in the past.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

> @bawkru said:

> just let taunting companions lower the agro of the player that summoned it by like 20-40%... that way the player simply has less agro than the companions and anything that adds agro or taunts like gf or gf marks will always be above the companions this way ...

> tho i would check and make sure that this cant be exploited and i know that is the problem with 99% of these fixes is u need a month or 2 to make sure stuff dont get exploited some way

The problem here is Pallies don’t have mark or a direct taunt. GFs have superior threat generation. The issue is that the “taunts” that these companions have are hard taunts, they simply need a toggle for that ability. The tank of the party/raid should have the option to turn off hard taunts so they don’t have to lose aggro and be blamed for the teams wipe.

This will happen a lot in random Qs I’ll wager with players of differing knowledge bases, languages, or even desire to change things for the group. I’m hoping to head it off at the pass.

Paladin actually has a taunt and very good one.

Divine call.

Protection: You Taunt all foes in a 30' area and gain 10% increased Damage Resistance for 10 seconds.

But yes companions are a problem since we need to press tab all the time ( gf or op).
    There's no need for a toggle, just have scaling on the taunts - An OP or GF hard taunt should have a higher scale than any companion so if there's competition between the two, the actual tank wins every time.
    I didn't start maining a GF until Mod 6 but apparently since mod 4 GF's marks/taunts aren't considered Hard Taunts, all aggro encounters/marks/feats just places us at the top of the threat table meaning any pet with a Hard Taunt can break aggro even if it is for just one attack. Obviously I have no idea how GF skills worked before Mod 4.

In fact there there seems to be little if any documentation outside tooltips (which are generally distrusted across the player base) on the differences of any marks/aggro/taunts. OP Encounters do a generally good job I think of labelling most powers with the fact that they force an enemy to attack them, but things like Bane do not and of which I have on good authority that it does act as a Hard Taunt. I saw a few pages ago that GWF Mark was also considered a Taunt, however, I thought that change only lasted a few weeks as GWF's were getting splatted by Orcus.

Am quite new to OP Tanking, usually I only ran a single OP and he was always a healadin but since Loadouts I really enjoy playing OPP's maybe even more so than GF's, but I do ask a lot of questions.

One of the issues I ran into early is, why with GF, since they lack Hard Taunts of any kind, the aggro control is much more consistent than with OPP's, I think it was @armadeonx who kindly pointed out the OPP mechanic that was responsible for this.

I doubt it's going to be a simple request to have every aggro tooltip in every language changed for clarity, let alone change how aggro works but I'd like to see at some point a little streamlining done to the whole aggro mechanic in the long term pls.

This post turned into a lot more words than I intended but it is for these reasons I liked the idea of threat reduction on owners suggested previously by others.

Some enchants like the Loamweave still can't be upgraded, even though you don't need a second enchant.

Maybe it's "as intended" but there was a Trans Loamweave on the AH at one time. So you could upgrade them in the past.

According to @thefabricant, that is the only enchantment of it's kind.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

There was a bug at some point that allowed that to happen. As mentioned it was one of a kind as far as I know!

That said I would LOVE to be able to upgrade my loamweave armor enchant and brilliant energy weapon enchant so they would be worth using again!!!!
  • plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Cleric Divine Armor only grant 5 most center players temp HP.
    it makes it useless in large HE/msva

you should also increase it duration by 1 sec .
    it is a daily

• darc12345darc12345 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Trickster Rogue (TR):
    1. Duelist Flurry issues where all or an certain amount of flurries do not register damage due to lag.

2. Duelist Flurry issues where enemy reaches 10 stacks of bleeds from a low DPS TR but it causes other TR's duelist flurry bleeds to share the bleeds based the 1st TR's damaged who applied the flurries. The bug exist regardless if 3 TRs all applied 1 stack of bleed each, the combined bleed damage is still shared.

3. Duelist Flurry reaching 10 stacks bleeds and unable to refresh bleed damage based on buff/debuff. Bug causes TR to deal less damage when buff/debuff are not applied prior to applying duelist flurry bleeds, especially an issue when TR's damage bonus feats do not apply (Deathknell, Last Moments, i.e.). Meaning 100k Duelist Flurry bleeds applied on bosses, remains 100k bleeds regardless of damage bonuses gained after bleeds are applied.
  • joenettlesjoenettles Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

There was a bug at some point that allowed that to happen. As mentioned it was one of a kind as far as I know!

That said I would LOVE to be able to upgrade my loamweave armor enchant and brilliant energy weapon enchant so they would be worth using again!!!!
    Agreed, I heard there was a bug that let you reclaim the enchant and upgrade it when the pack first launched. So apparently the stats are already programmed for the upgrades, and hopefully they just forgot these.
  • I am posting from mobile, so I am unable to change font color to RED.

[RED TEXT]I recently had purchased the Dragonborn Legend Pack on the PS4 for $75 U.S. The original character was a female half-elf with it's own God and Origin.
    In the pack mentioned, it contains a race Re-Roll token. I used the token and changed the race to a male dragonborn and I got to choose a new name as well which reflected the character.
    A few days later I noticed in-game that there is a bug relating to my character change. Any emote I do that describes the characters sex it says 'her/she". In the campaign journal it's also has female pronouns from the original character. I also did not get to choose a new Origin/God for my new character.
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    In response to the question by the dev @rgutscheradev about the Lightfoot's Bloodthirst active bonus.

Point 1: Yes, the bonus will hit enemies around the target and the target itself. In fact, if you test it on dummies, it usually hits 3 of them.

Point 2: Yes, the Bloodthirst bonus hits every 2 sec for 10 seconds.

However, the problem is the scaling. The active bonus is said to be 5x the dmg to targets. However, when I hit the target AND crit for an at will swipe of 50,000, the Lightfoot bonus kicks on and maximizes out at a whopping total of 46 dmg. Yes, that is right. 46. not 460, 4600.... 46. It will tick 5 times and then disappear. It is a non-crit number tick (yellow).

So, there is something wrong with the 5xbonus and a cap that will not let it go above.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

Drufi can charge into the water denying us of loot.
    Pls allow us to change God and History when we race reroll.
    I've heard of a bug that can affect Dragonborn that race reroll, removing their 3% power/crit bonus, hopefully someone can elaborate on this
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited October 2017

1. The differentiation of "necrotic" type damage is essentially meaningless at this point? So perhaps give it a distinction of doing something different than other damage types or take it out of tooltips.
    2. Dread ring 4th tier boon that says it gives 4000 defense does not give 4000 defense.

Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    zeusom said:

1. The differentiation of "necrotic" type damage is essentially meaningless at this point? So perhaps give it a distinction of doing something different than other damage types or take it out of tooltips.

Just a heads up, that is the case for most damage types like Radiant and Poison. They are just flavor text :(

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User

I saw a few pages ago that GWF Mark was also considered a Taunt, however, I thought that change only lasted a few weeks as GWF's were getting splatted by Orcus.

That was a documented change (to move the GWF to the top of the threat list) in mod 4. I don't know if it worked constantly until it was changed in mod 10 (or 10.5) but at least at one point, it was intended.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

asterdahl said:

emilemo said:

Fix the bug which makes the Paladin enter Guardian Fighter block animation before entering his own thus delaying the activation if Sanctuary altogether

Fixed. In reality, paladin does not have "his own" block animation, what was happening with this power was that the paladin was briefly entering the block animation (shared with guardian fighter) before reverting to their normal combat idle. Because their normal combat idle has their shield slightly raised, and blocking causes you to strafe instead of turn, it can feel a bit like a block animation is being played but this is not actually the case.

With the fix, the block animation with the shield raised properly like guardian fighter will now play. In addition, because this stance will be properly playing, when you are struck while blocking you'll play the proper blocking hit react animation.

As a bonus—most of these fixes will not be until after Module 12B for reasons outlined in the original post by @rgutscheradev. However! This issue is so frustrating and has been outstanding for so long that this fix will be coming in Module 12B.
    Sorry to quote myself here—I don't think anyone has specifically touched on this issue—some of you long time Paladins and Guardian Fighters may have noticed a very occasional issue wherein you hit block and your shield raised but in fact you weren't getting the increased resistance (or any other effects, other than swapping out the guardian's at-wills) and weren't losing any of your block meter. This issue is a bit easier to notice for Paladins, as the visual effects of the ring don't draw in this case.

This could be solved by letting go and pressing block again, but of course—you might be killed in the meantime if this occurred during a tense moment in a boss fight, such as right before a tankbuster. I've been working closely with one of our programmers to debug this issue and together we rooted out the core cause and have a fix locally. So when you hit block, you should now be able to trust that you'll always start blocking.

Speaking of when you start blocking—some of you may have seen it in the Module 12B preview patch notes, but in addition to the original fixes posted in this thread and the issue I just outlined, we were also able to improve the responsiveness on both paladin's sanctuary and guardian's block. So, when you hit the button, you should get the damage resistance and any other effects even faster than before (roughly 45 milliseconds faster for those who care!) Unfortunately since the issue with block and sanctuary rarely not activating was a lower level code fix we'll be holding that one back until Module 13 (as with most of the bugfixes in this thread.)

YES! Thank you!
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User

zeusom said:

Just a heads up, that is the case for most damage types like Radiant and Poison. They are just flavor text :(
    Yes I know. The gimpy dot damage of the SW class comes in a unique flavor but offers no advantage. Got it.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• sgrantdevsgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2017

The following skills don’t proc Weapon Enchantments:
    Lightning:
    Gates of Hell
    Infernal Spheres
    Wraith’s Shadow
    (both as Normal cast and Curse Consume cast)
    Pillar of Power (procs Lightning only once, despite being an Entity skill)
    Feytouched:
    Brood of Hadar
    Accursed Souls
    Immolation Spirits
    Gates of Hell

These should be fixed now.

A couple of notes:
    Immolation Spirits: will take some more time to figure out because of the nature of this power

Entity based abilities and weapon enchants: The past couple of weeks we have been discussing how weapon enchants should trigger and the intent is that the proc (for enchants that have procs) should fire once on activation of the ability. This means that "entity" based powers should proc initially and no more after that. If there is a case where something needs to work different it should be noted in the tooltip.

I am going to look into the rest of these next, but I wanted to let you all know that I was able to fix a chunk of these today.

Edit: Fixed typo

Post edited by sgrantdev on
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

asterdahl said:

emilemo said:

Fix the bug which makes the Paladin enter Guardian Fighter block animation before entering his own thus delaying the activation if Sanctuary altogether

Fixed. In reality, paladin does not have "his own" block animation, what was happening with this power was that the paladin was briefly entering the block animation (shared with guardian fighter) before reverting to their normal combat idle. Because their normal combat idle has their shield slightly raised, and blocking causes you to strafe instead of turn, it can feel a bit like a block animation is being played but this is not actually the case.

With the fix, the block animation with the shield raised properly like guardian fighter will now play. In addition, because this stance will be properly playing, when you are struck while blocking you'll play the proper blocking hit react animation.

As a bonus—most of these fixes will not be until after Module 12B for reasons outlined in the original post by @rgutscheradev. However! This issue is so frustrating and has been outstanding for so long that this fix will be coming in Module 12B.
    Sorry to quote myself here—I don't think anyone has specifically touched on this issue—some of you long time Paladins and Guardian Fighters may have noticed a very occasional issue wherein you hit block and your shield raised but in fact you weren't getting the increased resistance (or any other effects, other than swapping out the guardian's at-wills) and weren't losing any of your block meter. This issue is a bit easier to notice for Paladins, as the visual effects of the ring don't draw in this case.

This could be solved by letting go and pressing block again, but of course—you might be killed in the meantime if this occurred during a tense moment in a boss fight, such as right before a tankbuster. I've been working closely with one of our programmers to debug this issue and together we rooted out the core cause and have a fix locally. So when you hit block, you should now be able to trust that you'll always start blocking.

Speaking of when you start blocking—some of you may have seen it in the Module 12B preview patch notes, but in addition to the original fixes posted in this thread and the issue I just outlined, we were also able to improve the responsiveness on both paladin's sanctuary and guardian's block. So, when you hit the button, you should get the damage resistance and any other effects even faster than before (roughly 45 milliseconds faster for those who care!) Unfortunately since the issue with block and sanctuary rarely not activating was a lower level code fix we'll be holding that one back until Module 13 (as with most of the bugfixes in this thread.)

Feedback/Question: How fast is the GF block raise times in miliseconds (or in frames, assuming 60 FPS)?

Comparatively, shaving 45 milsec off a 5 second activation isn't much, but shaving 45 milsec off, say, a 1 sec activation is ridiculously quick...

• theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    kalina311 said:

Using Adorable Pocket Pet or Lucky Tymora Coin blocks you from switching Loadouts.

anything on timer on your tool belt breaks loadouts ... and cant be deeuipped to innovantory and put on cool down there .. granted someone can have 10 of some lower power / attack Item and keep cycle using multiples of them ... cause they are not flagged as unique(you can only have 1 ) once equipped like hunt items . so technically it is exploitable imagine being able to use 20 battle horns/ owlbear figurines . with no / little cool downs etc .....or at least imagine the devs imagining that lol .

so if we want items on the toolbelt to be removable/ loadout friendly ... they would need to be flagged as such that you can only have one unique (clickable special item ) bound to character at a time and then they can be removed from your tool belt while on cool down.
    Then you cannot exploit a power/item etc by having multiples copies on mutiple cooldowns ..... the duplicates/ obtained as loot / grinded for / won // would be sellable or transferable to alts / storable in bank or mail etc ..

even if fixed ..
    this also creates problems for people that already have multiples bound to one character for some redundant reason .. .. do they just go poof and disappear/ become unbound sellable ? should this be patched then with all these chain reaction effects ??

...or maybe new items should be created for the new and improved / loadout friendly tool belt with the unique status flag and they be able to be changed while on cool down .. and or add more tool belt slots :D

regardless 10 min cools down on most belt items is very very very long (to lock a loadout in a dungeon while players are waiting ) compared to the boost/benefit they give in comparison to artifacts their effects/damage and their cooldowns timer comparatively
    A waaaay simpler solution is to make belt items (4-6) not affected by loadout. While it makes loadout a little more inconveinent (but at the moment I hardly can think a case where I really want to change more than 1 of my belt items) it solves these issues fully.
  • raw22raw22 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    While facing off against Tiamat if anyone attacks the black head before it fully rises it becomes invulnerable/glitches.

Also at times you will get the victory announcement for defeating Tiamat right when the timer approaches zero but then be unable to open the chest.

Finally not a bug but if I que into a Tiamat run that has already started I most likely won't have the chance to obtain a soul gem; can this be addressed?
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User

Feedback

Hello :):):)

so I'm not sure if this has been suggested before *wink, wink* But is there any way developers can make the loot roll winner window smaller? The roll bar at the top is great but when everyone finishes rolling the winner window takes up so much of the screen that I can't see what I'm doing. This can be very aggravating when I'm in the process of getting my butt kicked in a dungeon. I know that when I'm in a private group I can change the loot roll options to round robin and that's fantastic, however, When I que for a dungeon this is no longer an option. Is there a reason why this window has to be so big? Can't developers simply use the same msg box that is used when rolling for an item? Please let me know what ya'll think, and thanks for reading my post :):):)

try my post at the beginning of the thread ..also the dev commented ...
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited October 2017

kalina311 said:

Using Adorable Pocket Pet or Lucky Tymora Coin blocks you from switching Loadouts.

anything on timer on your tool belt breaks loadouts ... and cant be deeuipped to innovantory and put on cool down there .. granted someone can have 10 of some lower power / attack Item and keep cycle using multiples of them ... cause they are not flagged as unique(you can only have 1 ) once equipped like hunt items . so technically it is exploitable imagine being able to use 20 battle horns/ owlbear figurines . with no / little cool downs etc .....or at least imagine the devs imagining that lol .

so if we want items on the toolbelt to be removable/ loadout friendly ... they would need to be flagged as such that you can only have one unique (clickable special item ) bound to character at a time and then they can be removed from your tool belt while on cool down.
    Then you cannot exploit a power/item etc by having multiples copies on mutiple cooldowns ..... the duplicates/ obtained as loot / grinded for / won // would be sellable or transferable to alts / storable in bank or mail etc ..

even if fixed ..
    this also creates problems for people that already have multiples bound to one character for some redundant reason .. .. do they just go poof and disappear/ become unbound sellable ? should this be patched then with all these chain reaction effects ??

...or maybe new items should be created for the new and improved / loadout friendly tool belt with the unique status flag and they be able to be changed while on cool down .. and or add more tool belt slots :D

regardless 10 min cools down on most belt items is very very very long (to lock a loadout in a dungeon while players are waiting ) compared to the boost/benefit they give in comparison to artifacts their effects/damage and their cooldowns timer comparatively
    A waaaay simpler solution is to make belt items (4-6) not affected by loadout. While it makes loadout a little more inconveinent (but at the moment I hardly can think a case where I really want to change more than 1 of my belt items) it solves these issues fully.
    this does not change the fact or request that the timer on such tool belt item is obnoxiously long and could use a reduction down from 10 mins ... or the request to add additional quick belt slots mappable
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    @kalina311 I'm not against of those changes either, the 10 minutes seems really out of charts.

On an other hand:
    The Paingiver chart seems to be stored in a 32 bit integer, which means if the sum damage dealt exceeds approx. 2,15 billion of damage (like in ToNG) it overflows and becomes a negative number. As harder dungeons come in, it'll be more common to happen.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The lore entry for Split-Ti shows up under the heading for Blackdagger Ruins rather than Chult.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
This discussion has been closed.