test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pleaseee Fix Resource Buying

ideisaideisa Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited June 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
PLEASE put in the stronghold recruiters, such as atelier, tannery, etc...the ability to buy more than one item at a time...i got 8 toons...buying a 1000 of resources at a time...u know how long it takes to click when u have to buy one at a time...another guy i know is doing 17 toons buying....havent got all day to sit and click :( thank you

Ideisa

Mod edited shouty caps title
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• ideisaideisa Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    p.s. with my "shouty" caps, i was in no way being rude..i just wanted to make sure my thread got noticed :):)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I have become the 'master' of the left click in one hand while constantly smashing the enter KEY on the keyboard. :(

Honestly you'd think a UI designer would honestly PLAN a the UI design out so it's not so insane. What many people don't realize is while 95% only allow you to buy a single item at a time I know the Alchemy and Artificing Trader at the Guild Strongholds does in fact have two items you can specify quantities up to 100 so you're able to spent 100 guild marks at once.

Now the question is WHY they simply didn't design every item in this fashion is beyond me UNLESS they simply hoped people either wouldn't spend significant time buying items there... To me it's just rather sad and I won't say it was intentional oversight but it really has to make you wonder especially when most traders have at least one item you can buy in lots of up to 100x.

:'(
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    @terramak - I know the buy sliders got removed from the temp structures, but is it possible to get them back, at least for the basic gear/supplies tab? Trying to buy 6000+ guild marks worth of items in 1 guild mark lots is a couple oh hours of nightmares.
  • karenza#8370 karenza Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I so agree with this!!! It is so painful to use up my guild marks on buying stuff from the ateliers, everytime one visits one of the alliances we all comment that this is CRAZY & we'll get RSI from clicking over & over & over just to get a few supplies.
  • hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    If a slider's too much programming, a "Bulk Order" tab would work too. A new tab with the same items that come in stacks of 10-100-1000.
  • kungomaximokungomaximo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    +1 for this, please. Spending thousands of GM 1 at a time is a nightmare

Also, micro tip to save some clicking: use "1" to confirm (the cancel/ok button window) instead of hitting enter twice, saves 25% button presses :D
  • hirogardehirogarde Member Posts: 122 Arc User

I cannot even grasp why there are no sliders on the temp structres. This is a huge quality of life problem. One that deserves to have caps.

The same problem exists at the zone vendors (e.g. Sharandar crescents), so I'd assume it that the currency is flagged as a "zone" type currency. It's a quick & easy solution to prevent "accidental" overpurchases with actual zone currencies, but yes... quite annoying with Guild Marks.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    The following is in: "OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: OCTOBER BUGFIX MONTH" in preview forum. Not sure if that covers SH resource vendors.

Did somebody say that potions should be able to be bought in stacks of 99 instead of 20?

I'm sure I read it in this thread somewhere right? That's changed now.

I can see the follow up question coming, and unfortunately the current answer is no, we can't make all of the different things you want to buy in bulk available to buy in bulk. We are looking into it, but if an item has multiple costs (example guild marks and some green vitriol), it doesn't work right with our bulk buying UI. And this isn't a small change. Also, the buying in bulk is on an item level, not a store level. Meaning if an item is sold in multiple stores, and in one of those stores it costs more than one currency, it can't be bought in bulk in any of them.

That covers a lot of the buying in bulk requests. I'm sure there are still a few items out there that cost just 1 currency and are something that should be sold in bulk, but currently aren't. Those can be adjusted on a case by case basis.

*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited October 2017

The following is in: "OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: OCTOBER BUGFIX MONTH" in preview forum. Not sure if that covers SH resource vendors.

Did somebody say that potions should be able to be bought in stacks of 99 instead of 20?

I'm sure I read it in this thread somewhere right? That's changed now.

I can see the follow up question coming, and unfortunately the current answer is no, we can't make all of the different things you want to buy in bulk available to buy in bulk. We are looking into it, but if an item has multiple costs (example guild marks and some green vitriol), it doesn't work right with our bulk buying UI. And this isn't a small change. Also, the buying in bulk is on an item level, not a store level. Meaning if an item is sold in multiple stores, and in one of those stores it costs more than one currency, it can't be bought in bulk in any of them.

That covers a lot of the buying in bulk requests. I'm sure there are still a few items out there that cost just 1 currency and are something that should be sold in bulk, but currently aren't. Those can be adjusted on a case by case basis.

This is nonsense. The things like coal. charcoal, brimstone, etc. that are in more than one type of merchant and have more than one cost gold or guild marks have sliders. There are page after page of things things that only appear in the temp professions merchants like the tannary, bloomary, goldsmith, etc. and only cost guild marks that dont have sliders, some like the gems and leather strips needed for the jewelcrafting professions takes thousands of clicks to get a weeks worth of materials from them.
    I am not sure if you read noworries post correctly. He was talking about he had trouble to put a slide to the item that takes more one currency. He did not say he is not going to make the SH one currency to have a slide. I interpret that as he will but not for the stuff that takes more than 1 currency such as those rare items.

Page 38.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***