What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix the lack of tanks and clerics.

2»

Comments

• preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Wha?
    Support classes are much more fun if that's your preferred style of play
    Cleric was not the first class I rolled when I started because I wanted to get into dungeons, and that wasn't the reason my second class was a GF
    Out of all the other classes on my list, the only other one I find fun to play is my Trapper

While I realize it may be unfair of me to highlight just a small part of what you posted that wasn't really even the point of your post, come on man!
    This is on topic, as I said earlier in this thread, one of the main reasons I feel fewer people roll a support class is that the "meta" train of thought is that they are boring and hard to level
    In fact, support builds are often much more challenging to play, requiring more effort while offering more to a party when played well than an interchangeable meta damage-dealer with a cookie cutter build
    Support classes also require much less of an investment in gear to be effective in dungeons if you learn to use your class mechanics, whereas with DPS builds skill simply cannot make up for having all the right pets, mounts, enchants, gear, etc...
  • ladypeanut66ladypeanut66 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    I agree with @darthtzarr here. Me, as a player who does not want to understand the game so profoundly as these theory crafters (like thefabricant and such) and wants to feel I do something, playing a DPS is the "only" choice. As a tank, I only ever see my failures, like when I don't hold aggro and the party dies or something like that. As a healer I don't do a thing because you are either 100% or 0% of health, and even in between these values, I don't worry, the self heals will do the job. As a DPS I go check the paingiver chart and see how bad or good I am doing, or I see these super numbers on the screen telling me I am doing some damage there. So, really, what I am saying is that it is easier to feel rewarded as a DPS than as a tank or support.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    For non-end-game dungeons, high-end tanks and healers can serve as main DD. It's like having an express pass to do RAD runs as DPS.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User

For non-end-game dungeons, high-end tanks and healers can serve as main DD. It's like having an express pass to do RAD runs as DPS.

But without the pug-queueing tanks and healers, those low-damage dps players would struggle even more to find a group. Isn't it just good that support classes queue and stay with the group even if they end up having to carry, as long as they still tank and heal?
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

For non end game dungeons a high end DD can act as a tank, too. Regardless of your class, runing a T1 dungeon with a 14k+ char you will be top DD, top healer and tank all rolled into one, if the rest is between 7-10k IL, most of the times.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • ollybongo89#3420 ollybongo89 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Bit like my experience running tong, only have 80 seals so far, got to last boss 4 times now, then getting kicked, not gona be running that or any other dungeons for the matter.

ive done my fair share of dragging <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> players thru all the other dungeons, fail tong one time and bam kicked, im done with this game