test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

unable to copying character to preview server

Hello I just spent like an hour downloading neverwinter.
When I go here to copy my character it says "You have no cryptic account"
http://www.arcgames.com/en/my/character/copy/nw

I just want to use the preview server to test out some builds can anyone help me get on it

Comments

• ollybongo89#3420 ollybongo89 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    really, on the preview forum and no one can help
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Strange. What is your in-game handle? Is it @ollybongo89? Are you sure your @ollybongo89#3420 forum account is the same as the game account you log in with? If your game account is different than the forum account, you'll need to log into the arc website with your game account credentials instead.

Searching Arc, I found three "ollybongo" Arc Nicks, "ollybongo" - "ollybongo1" and "ollybongo89" - perhaps you use one of those other two to play the game and this one you're posting with to post on the forums?

If you've never visited that link before and used preview, you should see this on your first visit:

Please click 'Sign Up!' below to gain access to the Public Test Server.

Public Test Server
    In an effort to ensure that our games provide the best possible experience for their players, we allow a small group of dedicated users to view and provide feedback on upcoming content to help us improve the content before we release it to the masses.
    If you are interested in providing critical feedback in the development process, click on the Sign Up button below!

Then after signing up, you should then see the following with two drop down selections to choose your character and server.
    Playing on the Public Test Server

Now that you have signed up, you can either create a brand new character on the Public Test Server, or copy over an existing live server character using the dropdown menus below! To play on the Public Test Server, run your game launcher and select the appropriate test server from the server or shard selection area. For Neverwinter, select Mimic.
    Please note:

Copying a character to the Public Test Server will not affect your character on the live server in any way.
    Certain account features (such as buying and spending Zen) are not available on any Public Test Servers.

To stay up-to-date with the latest game versions that are on the Public Test Server, visit the forums for your game!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Hey @zebular on a related note, if I try to open your sticky thread in this forum for instructions, all I get is a blank page. If you need to remake the thread, I'd like to request that you include the directions for tabbing down to access characters you can't scroll to on the copy page, and also the proper tags for making forum text in red and cyan. Would love to have a reference to all those in one place. TY!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    Ok when i tried linking it from the main menu in game xbox btw, on the website it says...
    This Arc account is already linked to a Gamertag, please logout and use a different Arc account.

The ollybongo1 you found is linked to my old gamertag ollybongo.

This is my main account, and my @ handle is ollybongo89 in game.

Cant you find out what account my ollybongo89 is linked to so i can try sorting this out please

P.s the xbox arc app also shows me as ollybongo89#3420 with 9765 arc points same arc points showing here on this forum account
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    You need to have an account on PC for preview access.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    I do have an account on the pc, its the same one im using here
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Is it only an ARC account or is it also a game account, where you have characters that you play on the PC? You can only transfer PC based characters to the playtest server.
    Im on xbox, i thought you can transfer your character over to the test server to test out builds and what not.
    im assuming i have an arc account as the same info here on the forums is displayed on the xbox arc app and also when i login to arc on the pc to launch the game.

I havent got a character setup on the pc but i do have an account as you have to login before it launches to the main menu.

All i want to do is get my gamertag properly linked so i can transfer my char over and start trying stuff out
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    AGAIN, you have to have a character on PC to play Preview.
    Yes i read that did you not read what i wrote?
    so if i create a new character will it then allow me to transfer my actual character at that point
    edited September 2017
    Sorry, maybe I was not clear...

If you create a new character ON PC then that is the ONLY CHARACTER you can copy to preview. No console characters can be copied to preview.

And yes I read what you wrote.
    Ok thanks for the reply i thought my account was busted.
    Can i start a new char and just buy all gear for free, just asking before i start
    You would need to level him and the only "gear" that is essentially free are the trans enchants. Not really worth your time lol.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017

Hey @zebular on a related note, if I try to open your sticky thread in this forum for instructions, all I get is a blank page. If you need to remake the thread, I'd like to request that you include the directions for tabbing down to access characters you can't scroll to on the copy page, and also the proper tags for making forum text in red and cyan. Would love to have a reference to all those in one place. TY!

Thanks! Something broke a lot of the redirect links, I'll get a new one made up. The main thread is still here in the preview announcements forum and contains info about the drop down menu issue and a work-around. I've replaced the redirect sticky in this subforum. I also added a mention about Neverwinter Preview being only for PC Players. When I have more time, I'll add stuff about posting colors.

• spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I cant copy any char....my account cant join ptr....
    This is what i get instead:

"In an effort to ensure that our games provide the best possible experience for their players, we allow a small group of dedicated users to view and provide feedback on upcoming content to help us improve the content before we release it to the masses."

Who is this small group and why cant i join PTR? When did it change???

• mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    Yup, me too. I had used preview maybe 3-4 months ago just fine.
    Now, no go.

I'm on PC, BTW.
  • mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User
    I've got an account on Dragon.
    I can login to Preview.

What I cannot do is transfer characters to preview.

If I use the web link I get the same thing as the OP.
    There's * no* option to "sign up"

"There are no test servers available for your account on this game.

Public Test Server

In an effort to ensure that our games provide the best possible experience for their players, we allow a small group of dedicated users to view and provide feedback on upcoming content to help us improve the content before we release it to the masses. "

Tried IE and Firefox. Same thing.

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    Same as of this morning. Last time I was able to successfully copy was about 2 weeks ago.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• joenettlesjoenettles Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    Same here. I can still log in to preview and play old copies, but can't make new copies.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Escalating this right now. There should be no issues with copying to preview O.o
  • joenettlesjoenettles Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    Works now, for me anyway. Thanks much!
    Maybe they nerfed a bunch of stuff and dont want you to see the grand fenally till it hits live...
This discussion has been closed.