test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

UPDATED - [Console] Seals of the Brave Seal Discount

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2017 in News & Announcements
We are aware of players attempting to purchase Primal Gear and Seals of the Brave not accepting the current 50% off Seal Vendor discount. We are working on a fix for this issue but unfortunately will not be able to release the fix prior to the sale ending. We hope to have another Seal discount sale in the near future after the issue is resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

UPDATE NOTE: If you purchased any items with Seals of the Brave prior to the notification that the discount was not being applied correctly, please submit a ticket to Support so they may reimburse half the seals on items purchased.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Wow....
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

Or if it involved $
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• smokeydoggy1983smokeydoggy1983 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    come on guys you can do better than that we been running tomb of the nine gods all week for this and thats the best you have its just another let down :( GG
  • jayjay#5355 jayjay Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Yet another "too bad"
  • taillow500taillow500 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    This is extremely disappointing. We have all been farming and saving our seals just for this event. @nitocris83 can you at least give us a valid reason as to why you can’t fix it before the end of event? Or give us an ETA of when you will do an additional one? This sets players back quite a bit as the new gear provides significant stat increases not to mention how long it takes to accumulate a full set of seals.
  • cripdogscripdogs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    How can they even say "Sorry for any inconvenience"? You guys really should extend the Brave seals discount till you fix the faults on your behalf. 50% off protector seals is just pointless to us end game players. Please learn to look after your player-base. Many times during other events in the past, they magically go wrong. We as a player-base lose out. This issue should be resolved before, or Brave seals event should be extended till you fix it. PS In future when you plan your events, please add any small print in the event details so we don't get misled and all on the same page.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    convenient that it cannot be fixed during the event sales XD, same goes for the ff and the bts dc encounter not working properly, meant for the to test what dc players would use as substitute for the bts and ff.
  • enigmaticitenigmaticit Member Posts: 15 Arc User

Its funny that other game can hot fix there games but you guys can't

Would very much depend upon how the fix needs to be deployed. In the event this fix requires client side changes/patch download this patch would have to go through console certification with MS and this in itself would take weeks hence not being possible during the current event.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Please, when you create new events, please think like a player and think "What is the most common goal of this event going to be?". Then test that. If you need help, ask actual players.
    Post edited by oldbaldyone on
  • shazza53shazza53 Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    And, I just noticed they aren't even definitive about having another event soon: "We hope to have another Seal,discount in the near future ..."
  • goodelove#4083 goodelove Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    > @terramak said:
    > Would very much depend upon how the fix needs to be deployed. In the event this fix requires client side changes/patch download this patch would have to go through console certification with MS and this in itself would take weeks hence not being possible during the current event.
    >
    > You've hit the nail on the head here. While the certification process is a lot faster than it used to be, this still involves a new build and enough test time that it'd be very risky to aim for a patch before the weekend. (Plus, I've got other fixes incoming for a build aiming toward the end of October - So those fixes also need to be tested in addition to the one we've made for this issue).
    >
    > While I can't promise that the timeline will stick (all sorts of things can go wrong in game development, and Murphy's Law tends to strike when promises are made), the goal internally is to ship a couple fixes on Halloween and have a make-up 50% Seals discount over the following weekend, starting Thursday, Nov. 2. Again, this timeline may change depending on what happens.
    >
    > I acknowledge that this was a mistake on our part, and we're doing what we can to get this build out without introducing even more issues.
    >
    > Side note: Since my mention of a new build is likely going to invite more questions: The build was mainly planned to get the Day of the Dungeon Master fixes for Accreditation caps to our console versions before the event starts in early November.

I think it's worth the risk for you to figure out a way to have the fix by this weekend. I risked spending money on keys and scrolls day and night for weeks to collect seals for this 50 percent off sale and expect for you if need be to keep people on around the clock to fix this and keep your commitment to the player base that has invested so much time and money in preparation for this sale. We have time and money invested in this and would hope that you now invest time and money to do the rite thing.
    I think having to wait a few weeks...which sucks yes....is better than risking breaking even more...
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I'd rather them get it right than bodge it. Imagine the feedback they'd be getting if it had serious issues.

They are talking about 3 weeks, this is not a significant amount of time.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • liambradshaw#2102 liambradshaw Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Come on guys this is getting embarrassing. If it was something that cost you money it would be fixed in hours. The summer fest last year for example. There was a glitch where the players were kicking treasure balls without them exploding you fixed it in no time at all. It costs you money it gets fixed. It costs us anything and it gets ignored. We spent time on this and for you to just say sorry it's not good enough.

How hard would it be really to get some console testers? 2 mins of anybodies time looking at this seals event on console would have shown you it was broken before you released it.

The rate players have been leaving these past few weeks can you really afford to get it wrong many more times?
  • fadetoblack04#2895 fadetoblack04 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Well it's definitely irritating and obviously a lot of players aren't happy about the fact it won't be fixed for this weekend. If there is a makeup 1/2 soon I guess it's better than nothing
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Come on guys this is getting embarrassing. If it was something that cost you money it would be fixed in hours. The summer fest last year for example. There was a glitch where the players were kicking treasure balls without them exploding you fixed it in no time at all. It costs you money it gets fixed. It costs us anything and it gets ignored. We spent time on this and for you to just say sorry it's not good enough.

How hard would it be really to get some console testers? 2 mins of anybodies time looking at this seals event on console would have shown you it was broken before you released it.

The rate players have been leaving these past few weeks can you really afford to get it wrong many more times?

Not every fix requires them to take the servers down and a patch. The one you mentioned didn't. This one does. And to take the servers down to patch requires them wait out the certification process for the consoles, which generally takes about 2 weeks.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

If I recall correctly, that hotfix was able to be done server-side without bringing the server down nor requiring a new client build. The fix for this Seal issue requires a new client build, which must go through Microsoft and Sony's authentication processes.
  • goodelove#4083 goodelove Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I was hoping to wake up to find out that this was resolved. This mistake is a big deal and the inability to resolve it is unfortunate. I really enjoyed this game good luck everyone
    Just a suggestion here - stop advertising the 50% off seals event since it doesn't work.

Even after you were aware you posted it on facebook and twitter - that's pretty much a giant middle finger to everyone - and you would think that a PR person would know better than to advertise a something that isn't working.

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    zebular said:

If I recall correctly, that hotfix was able to be done server-side without bringing the server down nor requiring a new client build.

@zebular I have a question that is strictly for my benefit so I understand your statement better. I recall how this unfolded on XB1 and there was an admin message that they were resetting the servers in 5 minutes. Is that not taking the server down?

Just trying to understand your explanation better as I recall this night very well. We were running DF the night this went down and I missed out because I was covering green dragon while others were kicking the living daylights out of those balls at the red dragon. Then BAM, emergency 5 minute warning for server reset and we all knew what was happening.
    edited October 2017

zebular said:

If I recall correctly, that hotfix was able to be done server-side without bringing the server down nor requiring a new client build.

@zebular I have a question that is strictly for my benefit so I understand your statement better. I recall how this unfolded on XB1 and there was an admin message that they were resetting the servers in 5 minutes. Is that not taking the server down?

Just trying to understand your explanation better as I recall this night very well. We were running DF the night this went down and I missed out because I was covering green dragon while others were kicking the living daylights out of those balls at the red dragon. Then BAM, emergency 5 minute warning for server reset and we all knew what was happening.
    The difference is where the change is made. If the change is just necessary on the Cryptic servers, then all they need to do is restart the server and they are good to go. If the change needs to be made to the local clients, that requires a patch and anything sent down in a patch has to be certified.

I really don't know enough about how these things work to explain what is a server side change and what is a client side change, but its all about whether it requires a patch or not.

I'm going to edit my previous posts I think. It's still frustrating that there appears to be no testing of events, but I don't see this as such a huge deal as people are making it out to be. Yes,k you spent time earning seals and guess what, you'll still get to spend them? if you want to complain that you are capped, well fine, but you will still get it. it would be different if like, you simply could not play for days....which isn't the case.

I was hoping to wake up to find out that this was resolved. This mistake is a big deal and the inability to resolve it is unfortunate. I really enjoyed this game good luck everyone

They are doing what they can, calm down a bit.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2017
    > @oldbaldyone said:
    > The difference is where the change is made. If the change is just necessary on the Cryptic servers, then all they need to do is restart the server and they are good to go. If the change needs to be made to the local clients, that requires a patch and anything sent down in a patch has to be certified.
    >
    > I really don't know enough about how these things work to explain what is a server side change and what is a client side change, but its all about whether it requires a patch or not.

You explained it well, thanks. Sorry for the mobile quote. At work on lunch at the moment.
    Post edited by zebular on
  • masterogamasteroga Member Posts: 474 Arc User
    So.....why only people who spent them before the announcement? How are those people more screwed than the rest of us? I had 200 seals on multiple characters, which would have been a piece of armor. Now it's nothing....how am I less important?
This discussion has been closed.