test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• valnoledvalnoled Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    About Mirage set. Since illusions won't proc any of players powers or feats maybe it would be reasonable to make them more durable? Not invincible, but with some shields or HP gain from set level? They deal minor amount of damage, they don't have ArP, therefore tiny tiny hits are mitigated. The only pro of them could be CA, but it does not work, cause illusions kinda die way too fast.
    I personally think it is cool to run a dungeon with your 4 copies (including paranoid delusion), but it'd be awesome also to get some benefits from them.

And about Frozen power transfer CW feat of Thaumaturge.
    The current mechanic of replacing buff with the third hit of the cloud makes the feat so inconvenient in use (if not useless). I would understand that approach if cast of the three hits all together is faster and hit is instant after the cast. But it is so far from that. You need pretty long time to cast all three clouds, they need time to fly to a target to make a hit. That is why you can miss the crowd and hit only one, or even waste the hit because target dies while cloud is flying to it.
    With the current cast and cast-to-damage time of cloud FRT should add stacks and refresh duration at the cap of 3 stacks. It still would be a problem - casting 3 clouds instead of encounters will not be an easy choice for a DD dps, but at least a feat could get a chance to be in some builds.
    Post edited by valnoled on
  • jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Paladin's Aura of Protection does not increase allies nor the paladin's damage resistance at all (at least it's not showing in stats).
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Paladin's Aura of Protection does not increase allies nor the paladin's damage resistance at all (at least it's not showing in stats).

No DR buff, power or class feature shows the DR on the character sheet. This includes Hallowed Ground, Villain's Menace, Iron Warrior, Iron Vanguard, Divine Glow, Circle of Power, Astral Shield, and others.

This has confused many people in the past, and is even more inconvenient when powers do not specifically state the amount of damage resistance that they grant.
    Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    There are a few unobtainable achievements

Icespire Mountaineer has never been obtainable, but it already been mentioned in this thread
    Scrying Gauntlgrym is different - it used to be possible to complete, but then the old Gaultlgrym area was reworked, and the scrying stones do not seem to exist any more, so it became unobtainable. Please remove or put the scrying stones in the Gauntlgrym PvP area.

Polices Drunk Orcs has already been mentioned and has never been obtainable.
    The other issue is not a bug as such and beyond the scope of the October project, but there are three leveling skirmishes which remain forever unobtainable if you miss them while leveling up. The other skirmishes are available as CTAs, so you can get any achievements they give. I am not asking for a "fix" now, but I would really, really like to suggest that those three skirmishes either get brought back as CTAs or you just give us a "blast from the past" event, where level restrictions on those old skirmishes are removed, even just for one weekend, so people like me can go back and complete them.

It is very, very annoying to have a "hole" like this in your list of achievements.

again, not a bug report as such, so ignore this for the purpose of the october project, but those two achievements are so bad they are borderline offensive. I personally know a couple of console players who quit Neverwinter in disgust when the +5 Ring one was made a console achivement, as they saw it blocking them from ever getting a 100% score. I would really suggest changing it to "+4 or +5" on the consoles - the PC players are not as achivement-obsessed, and can ignore this.

The Pilgrim one is bad too - I get an achivement for paying for useless HAMSTER? I already have better armor, so why on earth should I spend trade bars and Zen on "inferior" stuff? This achivement just annoys and upsets people.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Smoulder+Rimefire from multiple CWs

If there is more than 1 CW and 1 of the CWs is a MoF, the Smoulder DoT can stack up to number of MoF CWs*2+Number of SS CWs*1. Say for example if there is a single MoF and 1 SS, if the MoF applies Smoulder and then the SS attacks with a cold power, the SS CW will create his own instance of Rimefire. This means there will be 2 rimefire DoTs on the target and not 1. If the MoF manages to stack smoulder+rimefire before the SS attacks, there will be 2 instances of Rimefire and 1 instance of Smoulder. Instead, there should only be 1 instance of Rimefire and Smoulder should not be stacking in this manner.
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    When alliances were first forming mods ago, the "Alliance" tag was supposed to actually say "Alliance" as an additional tag. I.E. If, hypothetically in the alliance "Fencebane" and Fencebane was the Helm, when you are in a different guild in the alliance and toggle the "Use Alliance Title" check box under character sheet > History tab the title "Fencebane Alliance" should show up as the guild title for players not actually in Fencebane. This differentiates players in the guild from players in the alliance. Many players want to show their alliance spirit yet not be shown as actually in the Helm Guild itself.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

• jappethebreadjappethebread Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    > @darthtzarr said:
    > Paladin's Aura of Protection does not increase allies nor the paladin's damage resistance at all (at least it's not showing in stats).
    >
    > No DR buff, power or class feature shows the DR on the character sheet. This includes Hallowed Ground, Villain's Menace, Iron Warrior, Iron Vanguard, Divine Glow, Circle of Power, Astral Shield, and others.
    >
    > This has confused many people in the past, and is even more inconvenient when powers do not specifically state the amount of damage resistance that they grant.

Oh okay. Then I suggest adding them to the stats. I've been playing a long time thinking it won't work at all. AoP does state it should increase DR by 12.5% at rank 4.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Please note that in this fix, we have also fixed the bugged ability of the clones proccing enchantments. This was a bug. Since the clones are technically temporary pets, they should not proc enchantments.

If the illusions can't proc weapon enchantments, what are they supposed to do? Their damage is insignificant. They can somewhat serve as decoys but they die from any attack and a single AoE attack can dispatch the whole team. Maybe you could at least give them immunity to AoE attacks like defender companions.

I'm not losing anything myself since i'm using a vorpal enchantment which wasn't working with illusions anyway but in my opinion removing their ability to proc weapon enchantments is lame.
    edited October 2017
    artifleur said:

Please note that in this fix, we have also fixed the bugged ability of the clones proccing enchantments. This was a bug. Since the clones are technically temporary pets, they should not proc enchantments.

If the illusions can't proc weapon enchantments, what are they supposed to do? Their damage is insignificant. They can somewhat serve as decoys but they die from any attack and a single AoE attack can dispatch the whole team. Maybe you could at least give them immunity to AoE attacks like defender companions.

I'm not losing anything myself since i'm using a vorpal enchantment which wasn't working with illusions anyway but in my opinion removing their ability to proc weapon enchantments is lame.
    Note that they were proccing weapon enchantment for 0 damage. They were only useful when combined with debuff enchantments, which they could sometimes stack as different owners. It was an extremely buggy interaction.

Note that also they procced most weapon enchantments for 0 damage (including dread), however, they could proc full damage for Lightning Arcs, since it seemed as though the clones used a slowness multiplier of x0, and the Lightning Arcs from the Lightning Enchantment do not obey this multiplier.

• einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I am in agreement that the change that just got announced for Mirage weapons is nothing short of a nerf, not a bugfix, and it flies in the face of what we thought were authoritative statements made previously by developers on the intent for the set only three months ago . If the way it's working currently is bugged, please find a non-bugged way for it to function without it doing something broken like multiproc lightning enchant with no cooldown.

There is a pack of mobs including a red wizard and an iron golem in the southern-half of the stronghold map near the Bullete challenge spot that appear to have no leash range. When aggro'd they will endlessly follow you across extreme distances. I saw them chasing me from afar until I got all the way to the Barracks plot of my stronghold, which we placed near the Beast Attack heroic encounter. Then they drew aggro from dire wolves and I managed to leave.
  • danpio1217#3410 danpio1217 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    The exclamation point above NPC's indicating there is a quest to pick up does not show when you are over-leveled for the area.
    Not sure on all the exact specifics, maybe someone with more detail can comment, but with alts that have been power-leveled, when i go to a pre-70 area to complete it, i have to talk to every NPC to see if there's a quest. Ran around Pirates skyhold for 30 minutes trying to figure out where the next quest was. Hopefully this isn't a WAI punishment for power leveling alts? :p

I think it may be after you complete the first quest, which does show the exclamation point, the next quests are not visually indicated.

• azaylin#1903 azaylin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    BUG: Master Work 2 Weapons buff applies to everyone in party instead of just those with masterwork weapons.
    BUG: Guardian Fighters with a sword transmutation while using weapon master strike will sometimes double pump the animation and not swing.
    BUG: Guardian Fighters that die while guarding can not use scrolls to revive.
    edited October 2017
    Multi-stat enchantments have extremely inconsistent tooltips. The newer ones are in a different format, that I consider unreadable. It would be great if they were all updated to the same format as the Vicious Enchantment in this collection of images.

https://imgur.com/a/qDwgl

Note that Vicious is also missing a percentage sign for the Glory increase.

• kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    sgrantdev said:

Here are some boons that do not work as intended:

Tier 4 Icewindale boon Cold shoulder, absorbs 2000 damage every second with no ICD.

Just fixed this, WOO HOO!!!

what is the new internal cooldown timer adjusted to then ...as in how many seconds ...
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Guardian fighter:

WHen a guardian fighter applies mark with threatening rush if he get hit that mark dissapears.

Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Hey There

The following Powers dont benefit from the Warlocks Curse (WC) (testet without feats so WC is 20% dps boost)

[Wraith's Shadow] the Burst dmg u Trigger when reactivating the Power stays the same regardless of if the target is cursed or not

https://imgur.com/a/SO8aY

[Soul Scorch]

The Dot part of this Power is not dealing 1x the Cursed dmg but only the uncuresed DMG

https://imgur.com/a/hS1P4

[Brood of Hadar]

Brood of Hadars Bite is not increased by WC

https://imgur.com/a/YfsOn

[Immolation Spirits] this Power isnt affected by WC

https://imgur.com/a/lTzFA

Tyrannical Curse (TC) is not triggering the Curse Synergy effects of [Soul Scorch] (SS) and [Fiery Bolt] (FB) (and prolly more spells)
    which can be seen here

TC+SS

https://imgur.com/a/uN1GX

and TC+FB

https://imgur.com/a/vKp32

Feedback: The Warlock heavily relies on TC as source for AoEdmg. With this in mind the fact that (1) TC is lost when your target is killed and that (2) u cant combine TC and the normal Warlocks Curse are both holding back SW dmg alot.

Proposal:

(1) TC can be recastet if the target dies within the Duration TC would normaly run. e.g Target 1 gets hit with TC and gets killed after 5 sec. now the SW can recast TC on another target till the overall runtime of TC runs out.

(2) SWs should be able to combine TC with normal WC or change TC 20%debuff to a 20-30% buff.

edited October 2017

Threatening rush mark removed after enemy attacks when applied by a guardian fighter.
    ON gwf the mark stays after an enemy attack.

Was this not already addressed?

Great Weapon Fighter:
    Daring Shout and Threatening Rush should no longer mention Mark-removal. (This is actually fixed in 12b!)

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12993317

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

BUG: Master Work 2 Weapons buff applies to everyone in party instead of just those with masterwork weapons.
    BUG: Guardian Fighters with a sword transmutation while using weapon master strike will sometimes double pump the animation and not swing.

The masterwork 2 buff is WAI, it is supposed to be like that and the old masterwork weapons worked like this as well.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    On a new character, if you join a Guild before resolving the Forming The Guild quest, you cannot resolve the quest. It tells you to talk to the Guild Creation NPC, but speaking to him does not resolve the quest.
    edited October 2017
    scathias said:

The masterwork 2 buff is WAI, it is supposed to be like that and the old masterwork weapons worked like this as well.
    Then the tooltip needs updated to match the functionality, or at least be more clear.

• ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    If you complete a stronghold quest from any of the questgivers situated outside of the stronghold itself (such as the barracks or temple etc), all possible quest givers change to the 'hand-in' question mark, which makes it hard to work out which questgiver you are supposed to hand the quest back in to.

edited October 2017
    Paranoid Delusion (companion) gets stuck in Duelist's Flurry when used by a TR, and doesn't deal AoE damage on the 3rd hit of Lance of Faith when used by a DC.

Video of Duelist's Spam

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited October 2017

krzrsms said:

This is actually a bad player issue. I have played an OP successfully through all high end content other than TONG with a lion pet. Often succeeding with lower power teams than is commonly sought. Its not always the ideal pet, for example with SVA, but it can be worked with to reach a win without killing off your team. You just have to actually work with the pet, know how it works, and communicate with your team as to your needs.

Yes in certain PUG groups you can reach non-communicating people. Very rarely do non-english speakers speak 0 english, and the vaast majority of the time they can take at least limited direction, like 'stay at the back of the boss'. For those rare instances where someone is non-responsive, or absolutely cant understand.. There is an element of teamwork to this game, even in PUGs, this isn't any reason to delete that element and dumb down the game mechanics for that specific instance. The correct response is to kick that individual or leave yourself for a better more responsive group.

Further theres another dimension to the game when purchasing 1 pet over another acually has some meaning. This is one reason Lions started out as masively expensive and then fell rather quickly to a moderate cost to where today that are in the 200k range, 1/2 the cost of other 'useful' like siege master. You have to learn how to use the powers of taunting that it has to your advantage, and barring that save the AD and spend it on another active pet that suits your play and ability to communicate better. Taking this away just reduces options as to what to buy so that someone can have 1 jack of all trades pet.

krzrsms said:

The 'fixing' of mirage weapons is rediculous, misguided, and exploitative. This on the fly bug fixing process is in itself a bug with little rhyme or reason beyond the current whim of the dev in charge that day.

These whims have a cost, both in currency but more meaningfully in player trust in the system (or lack thereof) that is being used to develop player abilities and equipment. Of course there is going to be problems if on 1 day a given item is WAI and a few monthes later the item is nerfed because 'of course it was broken'. How can players make plans in that environment?

AFTER reading the dev comment below I ground through more of the RD campaign to purchase and restore the mirage weapons to test them against other available options. Taking them to the preview server I tested them thouroughly vs relic and MW2 so I could make an informed decision based on what was now a solid foundation (so I thought).

For a high end CW the mirage weapons, with the right enchant, on the right build gave the best performance. By a whole whopping 5%! /s This wasn't game breaking, it wasn't massive, but it was enough to make a decision when facing 3 top end weapon sets.

I was literally.. to the DAY going to refine my orange level relic weapons when I read this thread. ..and I Was going to let it go at that. Then I realized that even at this point I have a significant investment in time and game currency just in getting the mirage weapons to the point that I have them. ..thats not ok.

Have some kind of plan. Some kind of referenceable words that we can look at to determine if the high end purchases/refining that we are doing are going to be viable.

You, the devs, say that you want variation. That isn't possible when every time a variation is found, even one that doesn't impart massive 'game-breaking' poert is found, its nerfed to worse than other variants. Within that environment one can only use the current best and hope that it remains under wraps for long enough to get ROI.

Here we have two posts by the same individual. One in which they are saying that the player is bad for expecting that the money they spend on a companion should allow them to play in all environments. This individual disagrees that the money a player spends on a type of gear (companion) should be useful in different types of content.

The other post is their anger at spending money on upgrading an artifact weapon set that clearly benefits them more because it actually procs their own feats acting as an extension of themselves. However the argument is that they spent money on it and it should not be changed in a way that would be less beneficial. It's an expense for that individual and therefore should not be changed.

Perhaps bad players are only the ones who don't recognize hidden benefits? Is that how you identify them? Ultimately it's about fixing issues with weapons. Mirage weapons are the BIS weapons for CWs because they proc these feats and allow the CW to get more out of them than they should. I should know, my CW has them. This info comes at a cost to me.

As far as defender companions, I also know that if my OP uses the Lion Companion I could "work" with it's taunt, I don't think you understood the original problem. It's not a problem of the OPs own companion stealing away aggro. Standing, for example, in a pugged MSVA and turning the boss around so that he won't kill your party and also so that you can give them CA damage. When suddenly in the crowd of pugs you spot a Yeti or a LION mount and the boss turns back around towards the group and with one swing you see green players toggling "Help" "Help" because someone has that pet. This is both a liability and an issue that clearly is not the intent of the pet.

You are stating that you have used the Lion pet, there are better pets you could use, does that make you a poor tank that you must use a defender companion? No, I don't think it does, nor does improving what a player spent to upgrade and gear out his companion so that it's useful in multiple environments. It still will not be a BIS for dungeon and skirmish styled content, It has no debuff on the boss to make the fight faster. what I'm trying to do here is help players who may only have one good pet that is a defender while at the same time protecting the OP or GF tanking mechanic and preferring it over that of a companion.

I think you are looking at what gear you have, and how these changes may affect you personally, then making statements referring to other players who have other experiences as "bad". I would advise you to look less at insulting and more at the bigger picture in this case. Stop using your own experience and expenses as the end all be all for judging improvements in game.
    BIS weapon for a cw when is known the fact 80% of the time they are dead before they do anything:)
    And in terms of damage if they stay alive they will do 5-6 abyss and 1-2 creeping frost 1 storm spell and all this will do
    Super damage in 10 sec right right:)
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    1. BUG: Would be nice to fix that bug since mod1 where you jump with a mount and get stuck in mid-air.
    2. BUG: Sometimes when you activate Champion's battle horn it glitches and you get no boost

LOADOUTS

Maybe not a bug exactly. But a 10 min cooldown belt slot item like coin completely prevents you switching to a loadout that has different belt slot items. Silly. Either remove belt slot items from being part of a loadout or allow belt slot items on cooldown to be removed as a part of loadout switching at a campfire.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    Pillar of Power still doesn't proc weapons enchants as Icy terrain (CW) and Smoke bomb (TR) do, which seems pretty unfair because these three encounters are analogous to each other, they leave a zone at the floor that damages enemies if they stay inside of it.

• sgrantdevsgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer

sgrantdev said:

Darkfire Stacking:
    Some skills (for example Icy Terrain on CW) cause Darkfire (the drow racial bonus) to stack, while others overwrite it.

Need some help investigating this one. Anyone have an example power that is causing this to be overwritten?

@sgrantdev to quote myself in another thread:

Thanks, that info will help. Looking into this now.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    @Devs how about finally unlocking an extra belt slot or two bound to hotkeys keys 9 or 0 or mapable
    so we can have 4 or 5 quickslots ...

its is very buggy/ annoying for gameplay having so few belt slots ... we have tons of slots for bag space but not many for quick slot use items ..

also its very buggy when inventory is getting mired and stuck and cluttered with artificial huge long cool down locks on trinkets /clickyies etc in the belt/ quick inv slot and you cant swap anything around ...fine let the item be on cool down but in your inventory instead

this also breaks your characters loadout swap system ...as previously stated ..

and with little free slots in which to place useful immediate combat action stuff in it would be really helpful if these issues were fixed /
    Post edited by kalina311 on
This discussion has been closed.