test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I’m A 16K SW and mad that my character has been so nerfed.

residentgearhedresidentgearhed Member Posts: 58 Arc User
I’m A 16K SW and mad that my character has been so nerfed, but……….. It’s a good thing for the game so I can live with it. We had to take a nerf because no other classes were being played due to low DPS output. I understand the Dev’s reasoning. I don’t whine about it. I’m still usually am in the top 2 DPS. Especially when there are only 2 DPS. Lol. I like the fact HR’s CW’s and even (DPS) GF are doing damage now. TR’s still have a ways to go. Anybody who is still complaining should start a new character and transfer your enchantments. I personally will always run my SW as my main regardless of the nerfs. Now it’s a challenge to be top DPS. I love it.

Comments

• finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Wait... it will get nerfed more next mod... and nerfed again more in the future. See if you still love it lmao
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

etelgrin said:

Wait... it will get nerfed more next mod... and nerfed again more in the future. See if you still love it lmao

Idk if he loves it but I started an OP tank lol
    Nooo... don't give up the hope panther... Sw rulez you know :)
    Have a pally since mod 6, 11k item level but its soooo boring playing with a op :/
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

• volkihar#6493 volkihar Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    etelgrin said:

Idk if he loves it but I started an OP tank lol
    OP is the second more nerfed class imo (bubble, binding oath nerf), and a possible power share changes can affect the future of OPs
  • paixnidiaris2paixnidiaris2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    Everyone that thinks SWs will be ok next mod, just login on preview and try to fight a GWF/GF/TR/OP.
    With healing depression at 75% we dont have time to do anything, we are just dead meat. No burst damage or cc, nothing to fight. Also 20k+ ArPen needed just to start making some damage... I've tried all paths... still havent figure out how a SW can pvp this mod.
    PavlosT, PVP Scourge Warlock
    Youtube Channel
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Everyone that thinks SWs will be ok next mod, just login on preview and try to fight a GWF/GF/TR/OP.
    With healing depression at 75% we dont have time to do anything, we are just dead meat. No burst damage or cc, nothing to fight. Also 20k+ ArPen needed just to start making some damage... I've tried all paths... still havent figure out how a SW can pvp this mod.

Warlock doing great within pvp, its fulfill role as easy mark. And there are enough players who like it..
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • jojo#2051 jojo Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    piercing creeping death is by far the best suggestion i've read yet regarding the viability of sws in pvp @etelgrin
  • paixnidiaris2paixnidiaris2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    We 've been asking for piercing creeping death since mod 11 when they did it for HRs. Maybe in mod 12b when they check their stats and see no SW players in pvp, they will think about it again.

@etelgrin : no need to make this thread SB vs HB. I could answer that no class/player can win a SB on 1 vs 1 where HBs dies more easily or that SB spirits do more damage than any HB paragon feat/power.

Maybe we should focus of how we can solve the riddle of mod 12b and what our new role is. With 9k ArPen, armor classes wont even feel our attacks. If you dont believe me, go to preview and check it. They reach 90% resistance.

If we stack deflect, we can go up to ~70% with ~60% severity but with no fire power, we are sitting ducks.
    If we stack LS, we can go up to ~80% but with no attack and 75% healing depression, we get hamster heals.
    If we stack power and ArPen, we do some damage but we die in one rotation by almost all.

Options like going cc spec or pvp support templocks are laughables.

Shall we get the air weapon set and start running from node to node, helping the team capture nodes without actually fighting?
    Shall we just continue to play pvp and be the target pratice or the last pick on premades just to fill the spot?

..or maybe shall we just change class?

PavlosT, PVP Scourge Warlock
    Youtube Channel
  • diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    nm
    Post edited by diloul#3484 on
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    Are u on pc by any chance @diloul
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User

( i had some situations because of that when have to choose who take the right buff for orcus in to9g xD The gwf refuse to let me take dps buff even if i'm way ahead on dps score...)

No offense but if you aren't maxed out (not that being that would change anything vs better damage dealers) and you beat more capable classes (like GWF) that also happen to be 16k il it just means they're bad, the moment you run with one who knows what he's doing he will wipe the floor with you.

• werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited October 2017

I’m A 16K SW and mad that my character has been so nerfed, but……….. It’s a good thing for the game so I can live with it. We had to take a nerf. I don’t whine about it. I’m still usually am in the top 2 DPS. Especially when there are only 2 DPS. Lol. I like the fact HR’s CW’s and even (DPS) GF are doing damage now. Now it’s a challenge to be top DPS. I love it.

Masochism compliments perfectly SW outfits....

Joke aside, I think our class could be the most balanced (nice sustained damage but no crazy melting damage anymore) but the problem is that some other classes, when properly played, keep on doing crazy damage (every few seconds), which leads:
    - to SW frustration when comparing the damage dealt at the same level of skill; I don't call for a nerf but if other classes are still able to do crazy damage, why aren't we allowed to do the same (and even more on bosses because we are crappy on low-HP targets)?
    - to SWs giving up because not picked or desired for end-game dungeons (why bother taking a SW outcast when you can have a better dps?)

I hope the devs will consider soon all the recent threads made by disappointed SWs. There have been some fixes on SW powers that are still not implemented on the live server but other classes have also received some fixes. I don't know how the new gap will be but I anticipate a worsening .
    I am able to run end-game dungeons because I am in a nice guild but finding a party is a big issue for the SWs that don't have many resources. :'(

And I don't even talk about pvp....
    Post edited by werdandi#8366 on
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    We have a soulbinder in guild that can deal very good damage. I dont know how he is doing since i dont play this class. One thing i can say for sure he is not : the wanna be dps which get carried from buffs no no not even close. HE is able to compete and vs any class in two dps party.

When a fbi finishes 16 minutes or under then i dont buy that sw sucks ( i remind soulbinder).
    I have very poor upload to prove my point with a video>

Hellbringers templocks are in bad place after what they did to owlbear ( dev where are you to answer).
  • titiope#8875 titiope Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    True mamalion1234 my best run on TO9g was with a SW,
    TO9G still new on xbox but we did 3 run between 24-26 minutes each(second week the dung was available) with 1 SW at first dps. The SW is still a beast
  • titiope#8875 titiope Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    True mamalion1234 my best run on TO9g was with a SW,
    TO9G still new on xbox but we did 3 run between 24-26 minutes each(second week the dung was available) with 1 SW at first dps. The SW is still a beast
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User

When a fbi finishes 16 minutes or under then i dont buy that sw sucks ( i remind soulbinder)

Except that if that same group has a different striker fbi will be completed in 10 minutes or less.

Like you said it yourself, you don't play the class so you aren't aware of its weaknesses vs other (and better) damage dealers.
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User

( i had some situations because of that when have to choose who take the right buff for orcus in to9g xD The gwf refuse to let me take dps buff even if i'm way ahead on dps score...)

No offense but if you aren't maxed out (not that being that would change anything vs better damage dealers) and you beat more capable classes (like GWF) that also happen to be 16k il it just means they're bad, the moment you run with one who knows what he's doing he will wipe the floor with you.
    No offense but but maybe it's you that isn't the best player either. Individual ability makes a big difference. Being BIS doesn't mean a thing (P2W).
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    > @jaime4312#3760 said:
    > When a fbi finishes 16 minutes or under then i dont buy that sw sucks ( i remind soulbinder)
    >
    > Except that if that same group has a different striker fbi will be completed in 10 minutes or less.
    >
    > Like you said it yourself, you don't play the class so you aren't aware of its weaknesses vs other (and better) damage dealers.

you are downplaying the SW abit to much mate. True we are the weakest of the striker classes but the difference isnt 16 min fbi to 10 min fbi if you switch out the SW.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited October 2017

When a fbi finishes 16 minutes or under then i dont buy that sw sucks ( i remind soulbinder)

Except that if that same group has a different striker fbi will be completed in 10 minutes or less.

Like you said it yourself, you don't play the class so you aren't aware of its weaknesses vs other (and better) damage dealers.
    Well Most of the times we dont use teampseak or worry to hit at the right time for every hard hit. ( that is what you see in 10 minutes runs).
  • merhunesdagon1merhunesdagon1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Well, according to the devs, they are planning on doing things for the TR and SW. In fact, it was why they said they weren't bringing out a new class. I welcome any type of buff or rework because it is well overdue. The duck in a plate/TT nerf 10.5 deal in my opinion was really lazy. and what are u gonna do with it now with the owlbear nerf? I hope more is done than what we've had to work with now...
  • azazel#6882 azazel Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    At first I thought everyone on this thread was being sarcastic and trolling but if that isn't the case please share your knowledge. I'm 15.2k and I thought I was doing decent damage for my class but when I run Fbi and mspc I can't come close to competing against good GWF and HR's of a similar level. I thought I knew my class inside and out but you guy's seem to know something I don't. Or your only running with other clases that don't know what they're doing. I've out dpsed every Sw I've ran with except one. How are you guy' getting good damage in places like mspc, by the time i put up my curses the mobs are dead I'm lucky if i can throw out one encounter. All the damage i'm getting is coming from bosses
  • diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    > @merhunesdagon1 said:
    > Well, according to the devs, they are planning on doing things for the TR and SW. In fact, it was why they said they weren't bringing out a new class. I welcome any type of buff or rework because it is well overdue. The duck in a plate/TT nerf 10.5 deal in my opinion was really lazy. and what are u gonna do with it now with the owlbear nerf? I hope more is done than what we've had to work with now...

Nope there is no plan for sw only HR to make the best one target dps

"French Neverwinter twitter

NeverwinterFR
    NeverwinterFR
    @NeverwinterFR
    ·
    12h
    En réponse à @kimmywomen et @Rico56170
    La priorité des développeurs concernant l'équilibrage des classe est le Voleur fourbe, pour qu'il soit le meilleur DPS mono-cible !"

"The priority for devs concerning class balance is Theft so it can be best one target dps"

No love for sw, sorry to disapoint.
    Most of our daily, encounter power, class features and paragon feats are nerfed. I regret spending a lot $$ on my SW... Never will support this game nor any other game made by cryptic.

• andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Sorry yall I tried and tried and tried, and I'm shelving my main. I can't take any more nerfs. SW has been broken versus everyone else for too long and 12b is just the last straw. Releasing all of this nerf + the obc nerf with *nothing* to make us even be able to continue to mope along in our broken state is not acceptable to me. I can't continue to burden my people with my sad dps in dungeons when I'm pretty sure I can outperform my main on my cw with minimal investment of time to learn which buttons to press. What a collossal waste of time and energy into this class and my character.

Time for a new forum signature.

Thanks for all the fish devs.

Andorra Bell
    Ex-Sw of The Holy Crusaders.

P.S. Hey, at least there is a patronage system, right? :(:(:(