test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Mod 16 PvE Washed Up Fighter Tank Guide

Comments

• rcethatsmercethatsme Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Ok Great. And thank You Very much for such a fast responce..
    Now I can REALLY start the 2x <3
  • superkwstarassuperkwstaras Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    So I ve read at the patch notes that they nerfed a bit the occurance of the paralysis from the Ring of the Curse Bringer? Still BIS? Just good? or not even bother?
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    I can't say how often it'll tick in the 12.5 patch.

But, tbh, even with the nerf, I would keep it, as it helps keep up Crushing Pin. No other ring in the game does that, ergo, it's our best choice.

• jackharper#1224 jackharper Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Hello
    Now I'm looking "best" weap ench. and thinking about feytouched. Earlier I used T plague fire, it's not bad but nothing special. On bosses it's looks good, you can keep stack very well, but on other enemy on the map it's weak (unless all the opponents are standing next to you). Frost/bronzewood it's good but you must wait for cooldown, plague have stack, i dont like terror. And now i think maybe better options is a Feytouched. I know this ench have a very weak dmg bonus, but it's helpful for team’s survival. What do you think, after mod 12 and on this new dung, feyt maybe it's a good options for a GF buff/tank.
    Yeah, Feytouched in the new dungeon is such a huge help, especially since mobs and bosses hit ridiculously hard.

At the end of the day, pick what you want, as you tailor your specific GF build to how you like to play GF.

Whats your opinion on the Charm of the Serpent? It has no uptime on its tooltip. People say its bugged or overpowered. It is also said its cooldown varies between 20-40 seconds regarding your Recovery.
    edited September 2017

Whats your opinion on the Charm of the Serpent? It has no uptime on its tooltip. People say its bugged or overpowered. It is also said its cooldown varies between 20-40 seconds regarding your Recovery.

Mod edited out some violations.

If we're talking nonbugged version, debateable. It's a good debuff artifact for us as its debuff on par with Lantern (according to the tooltips, but I prefer to let Michela test the ingame % effectiveness for accuracy). Whether you want to swap to it over the less expensive Lantern, or the higher risk/higher reward Chromatic Storm is a different up to you to decide.
    Post edited by kreatyve on

• david#2060 david Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Hi rjc900, and thanks one more time for all the information shared within this guide and thread.

I got a gf which is currently dps specc. I can tank well all dungeons just swiching skills and a few things, but for Tong i just wanna have a tactician loadout. So I am trying to do something a loadout can change, and try to keep going with what loadout cant. So when I start with this process, I will have more issues and I hope I can ask just here :).

For the time being, I just have some questions regarding recomended gear and insignia mounts:

*Chest piece: I miss Morlanths Shroud in the list, though its close to your BIS recomendation

*Arms; may be the following pieces deserves to be mentioned as well, some of them seem to me really good options:
    -Wisleys Dreaded Dueling Wristguards (power+def+deflect+life steal)
    -Pilgrim Ward (pow+def+deflect)
    -Bracers of Defense (2831 def, 5 AC) <---this seems a great boost to DR% in a single piece, may be it just overcomes its lackness of other stats as recovery or deflect. what do you think?

Also, concerning Insignia Bonus, please let me know your thinking regarding Vampires Craving.

Ty for all the feedback

Pocket Tactician build, eh?

The gear you have is good enough, I think I was still using Dusk-type gear and the classic SH set for when I first ran Tactician on T9G.

The biggest part of your tanking T9G as a solo-tank Tactician comes from how you use all the tools at your disposal, as well as how you deal with the boss. I would focus more on learning on what to do in (x) situation, or what things to watch out for in preperation for (y) situation, as this dungeon is tougher on mechanics than most other fights.

Also, for insignias, I am still not convinced about Vampire's Craving due to the way I play Tactician (I am a compulsive Fighter's Recovery hoarder...).

I did drop Victim's Preservation for Shepherds, as a certain Xbox GF showed me how hilariously good it was (it caps out damage resistance for us in a good team, so if you wanted to, you could just run Darks in lifesteal and try AP Gain GF, but I personally don't like sitting on the knife's edge...).

Shepherd's should help you with the 3rd boss' DR shredding. Speaking of boss 3, it's one of the few places where I can say that Martial Mastery is, to quote Michela, "actually noticeable", even if you're running a 200k+ HP setup. That overhead + DoT hits so stupidly hard that it's easily going to eat up more than half your health, so free AP for team.

• manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

I did drop Victim's Preservation for Shepherds, as a certain Xbox GF showed me how hilariously good it was (it caps out damage resistance for us in a good team, so if you wanted to, you could just run Darks in lifesteal and try AP Gain GF, but I personally don't like sitting on the knife's edge...).

Shepherd's should help you with the 3rd boss' DR shredding. Speaking of boss 3, it's one of the few places where I can say that Martial Mastery is, to quote Michela, "actually noticeable", even if you're running a 200k+ HP setup. That overhead + DoT hits so stupidly hard that it's easily going to eat up more than half your health, so free AP for team.

I'm not in game to double-check but this is Shepherd's Devotion right?
    "Whenever you use a Daily power, your teammates Defense, Deflection, and Movement are increased by 5% of your Power for 10 second."

So it needs to be all your teammates using it as well not just you? Does it benefit from the super-inflated power numbers from power-sharing?

Yes, it benefits from Power sharing inflation. On a Paladin or AC DC, you pretty much insta-cap DR the moment you cast AA and get Bondings up.

Shepherds stacks 1 per teammate using it.

While you don't need other teammates to use it to benefit from Shepherds, if you run with friends regularly, try asking your friends to run a single copy of Shepherd's.

A team with high Power (you only really need ~80-100k+... easily doable with a half geared AC DC and Paladin) and 3x-5x Shepherds moves ridiculously fast and has high DR (turning glass cannons into ... just cannons).

• ixaro#1927 ixaro Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hello everyone! I am new in the game and i firstly checked this guide! Is it good to follow this build? I want to learn the game as much and later on try out a build that i will come up with! Thanks for your time!
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Yes, it benefits from Power sharing inflation. On a Paladin or AC DC, you pretty much insta-cap DR the moment you cast AA and get Bondings up.

Shepherds stacks 1 per teammate using it.

While you don't need other teammates to use it to benefit from Shepherds, if you run with friends regularly, try asking your friends to run a single copy of Shepherd's.

A team with high Power (you only really need ~80-100k+... easily doable with a half geared AC DC and Paladin) and 3x-5x Shepherds moves ridiculously fast and has high DR (turning glass cannons into ... just cannons).

I have been rocking that insignia bonus on my GF for a bit now and recently got it for my SW as well for the same reasons you stated, one of the players I team up occasionally is conqueror GF and he suggested me to have it on that toon as well (as it helps him to survive better) so, if power buffs are up and we about doing a big pull or going to take fewer but much harder hits then we pop Shepherd'z devotion for lulz defensive stats and my SW movement speed goes from normal to Bugatti Veyron levels lol.
  • david#2060 david Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Thnaks rjc9000 the most usefull thing ive got from this thread is to remind me Shepperds is out httere! True is like one year ago everyone used it but then went like old fashion. But you are right its really good, DR and speed run is awesome. I really just turn kv on and spam dailies as if thre is no tomorrow, everyone is happy, i dont get stressed :).

Just got one question, how good Guarded Assault is? does it works with kv? Ive used it for 3 runs but honestly havent seen any improvent in damage compared to enchanced mark. Any advice?
    The reason I reccomend Guarded Assault is for spreading Crushing Pin and keeping us alive (via Lifesteal procs and a quick cast of FR, then retreat to shield).

I am super lazy and don't feel like manually applying Crushing Pin. I'd rather just slot in GA and just hold shift, and let the game do the rest of the work for me.

If you are okay with manually applying Pin with a CC power (ex: Terrifying, Griffons, Frontline), then you can go for Enhanced Mark + offhand bonus/

• wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Hello @rjc9000 , I have a question.

I have a 13.4 GF. When do you think it's good to go for tact/conq feat combo you mentioned in your guide?

Currently I'm using tact/prot and I'm reaching 111% DR with just normal negation enchantment. I guess it will be less when bonding nerfs hit.

Also, do you recommend to use guild defense boon or lifesteal boon?

Thanks for the tips and for updating the guide!
    I personally would do it whenever you feel you have enough DR and Lifesteal, since United/Shield Defense/Scale Agility only contributes DR, of which you can make up with gear.

Though the endgame version of the build does not actively stack Crit, as long as we keep attacking, due to the law of large numbers, we're going to get a Crit sometime, which puts Jagged Blades on our foes. I also forgot to mention that I am very lazy and just run my DPS setup's Lifesteal/ArmPen/Crit insignias, which helps me slightly with Crit chance (I use Shepherd's, Gladiators, Cavalry's, Assassin's, and Protector's on my deeps and Tactician setup).

---

I would reccomend the endgame version to any new player who is attempting to challenge FBI, SP, MSvard (solotanking), or T9G solotank.

In endgame, there's a learning curve to figuring out what you need to do, which is why many new tanks struggle with the hill climb (due to the gimmick of the hill climb being "combo you 'till you're in range of a oneshot" or "combo you to death"). The build can't really help you with that particularl problem, but it helps with the other side of endgame...

In endgame, VM won't help you as much due to cheating CC effects (I refuse to acknowledge the VM tooltip change qq). Enemies also start hitting hard (or in SP, you just get zerg rushed), so keeping yourself topped off is going become a new issue, which is why the endgame version centers around Fighter's Recovery and Jagged Blades. Jagged Blades also allows you to apply "some" chip damage, which could help speed along your victory.

Generally, I'm fairly lazy and just run HP boon everywhere, though it nerfs my AP Gain in FBI/SP. If you're solotanking MSvard or T9G, I would take the HP boon over lifesteal. This is because you to survive some big hits which are normally taken with 2 tanks (Svardborg's Duumverate) or you just need to survive due to enemies having ridiculous base damage (T9G everywhere), and big hits usually refills your FR within seconds.

So, here comes my usual question with the introduction of every new artifact. What is your opinion on the soul sight crystal? As i see it, i would like to change between that and lantern using the loadouts depending on the mobs / boss.
    It doesn't affect your teammates.
    It only buffs your own personal damage, which makes it useless for a tank build.

Lol, thanx again. They should fix those tooltips.
    edited October 2017
    I can break it down really quickly for a T9G specific build. I don't think the new module changes anything for us, since the only difference will be lowered stats, and you can make up lost stats with thinking and good power usage.

The most important part of a T9G tanking build is your own skill and knowledge. If you don't know what to do or when to do it, then the build is meaningless. Other than that, I can't really help you with epeen level, and puglife is puglife.
    • Roll: STR/INT. (You could really do whatever and still do fine)
    • Race: Drow (any works, I personally play Moon Elf for blue hair).
    • Build: The advanced version of the build I listed.

• Stats Benchmarks:
      1. Resistance Ignored to 85%. (This is the most important part, this has to be done at all costs).
      2. Recovery to atleast 10,000. (If you have much more, then you can spam ITF at your own leisure. If you have less, then time ITF to when your DC(s) use Empowered Break the Spirit/Forgemaster's Flame.)
      3. Lifesteal to atleast 15%.
      4. HP: As much as you need.( I found I was okay with 180,000, but if you find yourself making a lot of mistakes, you might want to stack 200,000+.)
      5. Damage Resistance: At least 70%. 95% is what I personally run, 110% is for perfectionists, and DR is going to be useless on T9G boss 3 (on boss 3, take off the Defense boon if you use it)
    • Weapons: Titansteel Lance & Shield (Tide of Iron for mainhand, Guarded Assault or Enhanced Mark as offhand bonus)
    • Weapon Enchantment: Trans Frost
    • Armor Enchant: Any. (I prefer Lesser Soulforged, because the T9G 3rd boss gets random crits on me.)
    • Neck & Belt: Valhalla Cloak and Valhalla Belt.
    • Companion:Dancing Shield.
    • Main Artifact: Pick one of Lantern/Chromatic Storm/Black Dragon Heart as main artifact.
    • Other Artifacts: You need 1 Horn of Valhalla to complete the Valhalla set, then you can pick the other 2 artifacts depending on your stats/what you have.
    • Armor: Pick what you have/what has good stats (I personally run Voodoo Mask, Huntsman Chest, Survivors Wraps, and Huntsman Boots).
    • Legendary Mount Combat Power: Stalwart Golden Lion's.
    • Mount Equip Bonus: Anything you want. (Most bonuses are so small that it doesn't matter, I personally went with 2000 Lifesteal.)
    • Insignia Bonuses: 1x Gladiator's Guile, 1x Shepherd's Devotion, 1x Protector's Camaraderie, 1x Protector's Friendship, 1x Champion's Return.

Class Features:
      1. For first slot, pick whichever offhand bonus you got (If you have Guarded Assault offhand, pick Guarded Assault, if you have Enhanced Mark offhand, pick Enhanced Mark).
      2. For second slot, Steel Grace for movement (*for T9G boss 3: if you find yourself moving too fast to position, pick anything you like but Steel Defense).
    • Atwills: Tide of Iron and Weapon Master's Strike.
    • Encounters: ITF & Enforced Threat are must haves. Last slot depends on situation: Commander's Strike for bosses 1/2, KV for boss 3 to protect your buddies.
    • Daily Attacks: Villain's Menace and Fighter's Recovery (on T9G boss 3, liberally spam FR).

• darthbane13#2662 darthbane13 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Has anyone tested if the cockatice active ability (10% chance on hit to root all targets for 3 sec) works to proc crushing pin? I was thinking the combo of running KV, with all of the associated chip dmg that comes with taking half of the dmg your teammates receive, would work well in activating the ability. I'm just thinking it would be good to know if it works with our feat (in a similar nature to the T-Rex legendary mount power proccing pin). Any help would be much appreciated
    Hello
    I need help with choosing armor enchant. i have 80% DR and 190kHP. Which stone will be the best for me? I dont like soulforged, maybe negation will be better? (but how it's working, if i have 80% DR and +30DR, how much DR was really work 110 or only 95?).
    The difference between 110% versus 95%, depending on enemy ArmPen, is not that big in regards to the damage you take.

I would suggest Lesser Soulforged simply because its effect is quite good when compared to its relative cost.

But, you could probably use whatever and still be fine. An Armor Enchant is only a minor component to your build and your best defensive measures come from how well you use your shield.

ok thx so i probably try elven, maybe it's not a perfect ench, but looks very good ;D
    Thx
    Hello again, what's your opinion on Sandy's Assault Pants? Great defensive stats and an effect (not quite sure how often it would proc regarding the triggering and cooldown) that procs crushing pin.

Hello again, what's your opinion on Sandy's Assault Pants? Great defensive stats and an effect (not quite sure how often it would proc regarding the triggering and cooldown) that procs crushing pin.

I haven't had any time to buy one (because low on guildmarks), and I highly doubt I'll have time to use one (because I hear DPS GFs on PC are rarities).

I assume it's going to fall into a similar boat as the Curse Bringer Ring: it does its job of proccing Crushing Pin but it won't do it often because it got nerfed due to snapping PvP in half. From what I'm reading, I'd reccomend it, but I won't add it to the list until I actually get to confirm how good/bad it is.