test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Refining Refinement

Comments

• Options
    trinity706#8838 trinity706 Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Glad to see something like Suggestion - "Auto" Identify Items/"Auto-Load"/Refinement Sorting+ coming to fruition :)

Personally will have lots of space to hold equipment (can easily identify and refine all). Can pick up pretty much everything (those treasures that seem to drop right on top of items that you want like enchantments LoL).

Character bound refinement has not changed, it wasn't able to be used for bound equipment on other characters before and the same is currently proposed post Mod 12b. All that character bound RP can seemingly just be dumped into enchantments if not used for anything else. Players get multiple characters (for storage?) then complaining about managing them? Does it not come with the territory? There is quite a bit of refinement produced from simply invoking, etc. and is respectively character bound, additional characters weren't meant to be storage facilities/refinement farms though a number of players reduced them to that and some seemingly want the developers to accommodate those type of player made transmogrifications.
    ALL Rights Reserved for any and all suggestions, ideas, etc. from this user.

“There are changes that can be made that don’t require coding...” - TriNitY
    "No amount of coding will change human behavior" - TriNitY

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

Suggestions: (Implemented) \/\/ Rearrange Character on character Select Screen
  • Options
    eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Since there is no more matching, the gems from the Sea of Moving Ice had to be adjusted to not destroy the overall RP economy. They were set so high previously since they were just an accelerant for specific items. It is a change that had to happen with this switch over. We do expect overall players will find RP as a whole easier to acquire now, which should help mitigate that change.

*sigh* I happen to have 3 restored gleaming frost sapphires ready to feed into my green manaseekers off-hand as soon as I can get the stupid blue marks of uvar to get it past green...greater and superior kept dropping, and now no-one does MSVA. So rather than the 750,000RP I should be able to feed into the offhand, I'm going to get 3,750 (literally just checked on preview) Even accounting for the 1/10 scaling, thats a 95% loss. Is there really nothing you can do for those of us in the middle of working through the refinement of the SKT weapons? This is an issue about no-one, not even my alliance, running MSVA outside the 2xRP events. There is literally no chance I can get enough runs together between now and mod 12b to get the blue marks I need to dump my RP into the artifact.

Put this on top of the fact I've got 3 greater bondings that are getting nerfed into the ground, and that I was a VIP member when you took coal. and pres. wards out of the trade-bar store. @noworries#8859 Can't you give a guy a break?

[Edit: and I didn't buy those sapphires from AH...they are the ones that dropped in SoMI and MSVA. I understand you can't have 75k general purpose RP items in the game, but every other time you've made a change with a massive impact to players, there has been some attempt to compensate. For example, @beckylunatic's suggestion to lower the RP required for SKT weapons (perhaps by 95%?) would eliminate my concern. The marks have always been the long pole anyway]

[Edit2: After a bit of thought, I also realize that I've already dumped enough RP into it to probably get it to purple, so disregard my suggestion that giving out blue marks would help...I still won't be able to put more RP in until I get enough blue AND purple marks. Edited to remove the suggestion.]
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

@asterdahl @nitocris83

Hey,

Is it possible that someone clearly states if the character bound artifacts will be able to be moved like account bound into some fresh toon after these changes hit live? Or will this change only be active for artifacts refined after mod 12? I would rather avoid refining artifacts on an alts that I already have on my main and can move it around.

Thanks alot!

There is account bound artifact in mod 12b?
    Or, are you talking about Artifact weapons?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    shalo#2697 shalo Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    great now another 25 percent of the player base is going to quit
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    eldeskal said:

Since there is no more matching, the gems from the Sea of Moving Ice had to be adjusted to not destroy the overall RP economy. They were set so high previously since they were just an accelerant for specific items. It is a change that had to happen with this switch over. We do expect overall players will find RP as a whole easier to acquire now, which should help mitigate that change.

*sigh* I happen to have 3 restored gleaming frost sapphires ready to feed into my green manaseekers off-hand as soon as I can get the stupid blue marks of uvar to get it past green...greater and superior kept dropping, and now no-one does MSVA. So rather than the 750,000RP I should be able to feed into the offhand, I'm going to get 3,750 (literally just checked on preview) Even accounting for the 1/10 scaling, thats a 95% loss. Is there really nothing you can do for those of us in the middle of working through the refinement of the SKT weapons? This is an issue about no-one, not even my alliance, running MSVA outside the 2xRP events. There is literally no chance I can get enough runs together between now and mod 12b to get the blue marks I need to dump my RP into the artifact.
    It's been a while since I've done any Svardborg runs, but I'm pretty sure blue marks drop mostly from 'N'ormal SVA. I'm not sure blue marks even drop from the Master version. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on any of this!

Unfortunately, nSVA runs are probably even harder to find than MSVA runs, but it might help you focus your efforts to get what you really need.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    pterias said:

eldeskal said:

It's been a while since I've done any Svardborg runs, but I'm pretty sure blue marks drop mostly from 'N'ormal SVA. I'm not sure blue marks even drop from the Master version. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on any of this!

Unfortunately, nSVA runs are probably even harder to find than MSVA runs, but it might help you focus your efforts to get what you really need.
    It probably will not help much but just in case you are short of one or two players and you have a capable group, you don't have to have a party of 10 to do private NSVA and MSVA. I have just gone in alone to watch the cut scene (and left). :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Running MSVA should yield either a Rare and an Epic Mark OR a Legendary. Legendary are the much harder to get ones. I had tons of Rare and Epic before I could get enough Legendary to do one piece.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User

@marko2alzuma, @luks707, @ravenskya players already choose whether to donate or use enchantments for refinement.

@andreask, @kyriahn, @ravenskya Coalescent/preservation wards don't have to cost money, they can be obtained from the Zen market via the AD exchange, no RNG involved. Spending the 15% off worth of AD on preservation wards (even half the value of a coalescent ward) can and does sometimes produce positive results. Spending around 200k AD on preservation wards (50) on a 3%-1% and getting success is still cheaper than getting a coalescent ward. Don't know why money being REQUIRED keeps circulating...

Oh dear - here you are trying to egg me into an argument again.

Yes you can use the Zen market after using the AD exchange - but please Trinity... explain to me how this Zen magically appears on the ZAX? Did it just appear out of nowhere? Or DID SOMEONE SPEND $$$
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User

<

It probably will not help much but just in case you are short of one or two players and you have a capable group, you don't have to have a party of 10 to do private NSVA and MSVA. I have just gone in alone to watch the cut scene (and left). :)

On PS4 you cannot - you can queue in and all be in the main room - but you can never get through the door into the fight because you don't have 10 people in the circle.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

@oldbaldyone seemingly enchantments can be overfilled pre Mod 12b, if not why don't rank 12 enchantments stack? For example rank 12 bonding runestones "should" stack but don't...

Rank 1-9 enchantments (and some 10's) stack (the ones that come from vendor/lockboxes, etc. and start at 0 RP?) but pretty much anything that requires refining doesn't stack (because they are not exactly at "0" RP?).

Refined enchants never stack oto my knowledge, even if they are identical in regards to refining points. Only enchants that stack are system generated "virgin" ones.

Yes, you can overfill R12's, but you would have to go to an extreme to get them to overfill enough to get to R13. I think you'd have to use like a rank 10 or 11 to do that, which I don't know anyone that would.
  • Options
    ravenskya said:

<

On PS4 you cannot - you can queue in and all be in the main room - but you can never get through the door into the fight because you don't have 10 people in the circle.
    I stand corrected.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

@oldbaldyone seemingly enchantments can be overfilled pre Mod 12b, if not why don't rank 12 enchantments stack? For example rank 12 bonding runestones "should" stack but don't...

Rank 1-9 enchantments (and some 10's) stack (the ones that come from vendor/lockboxes, etc. and start at 0 RP?) but pretty much anything that requires refining doesn't stack (because they are not exactly at "0" RP?).

Refined enchants never stack oto my knowledge, even if they are identical in regards to refining points. Only enchants that stack are system generated "virgin" ones.

Yes, you can overfill R12's, but you would have to go to an extreme to get them to overfill enough to get to R13. I think you'd have to use like a rank 10 or 11 to do that, which I don't know anyone that would.
    Refined enchants can stack if the overflow RP is 0. R12 is special because it does not show overflow RP. I assume its overflow value is not 0 but something like N/A. I assume r12 in mod 12b can be stacked (if RP overflow is 0). I stacked the refined enchantment all the time by trying hard to make 0 RP overflow for the refined one (I assume this is not considered "virgin"). However, sometime, the crit messes it up.
  • Options
    @ravenskya as funny as it may come across respectively trading arguments with you and other like @araneax is appreciated. Just wish the forums wasn't so "Players vs Cryptic" as much as it is.

It gets there because players buy Zen to convert to AD of course.

Players don't have to spend money to play the game nor progress through it which was the point though many players claim that money is required to play/progress which clearly isn't true. Players buying and selling Zen allows others that don't the opportunity to get Zen market items, it goes hand in hand. If players stopped buying/selling Zen on the AD exchange permanently then guess what, the non-free Zen market only items would become unobtainable, how likely is that to happen though?

Even if it did after a while there probably wouldn't be a game to play because no more revenue = no more game so those Zem market only items being unobtainable wouldn't really matter. Coalescent and preservation wards would still be available via coffers (and blood rubies from their respective source(s)) so enchantment progression would still exist, more difficult to do but respectively so.

As mentioned in the dungeon key thread the players hold a lot of influence via their spending power and it would be a thing of beauty to see the majority of them stand together and withhold spending at itmes to help promote changes instead of them spending money and feeling like they are getting short changed when it comes to various changes.

Ongoing Issue: Legitmate Players Banned for Botting (Console) and the Future for "Dedicated" Players

• Options
    @plasticbat Had an idea for a "RP reset" item that would remove RP of the current level for enchantments so they could stack LoL. Crits don't seem to happen when you want them to but often will when you don't :)

• Options
    nirafelosnirafelos Member Posts: 113 Arc User

Refined enchants never stack to my knowledge, even if they are identical in regards to refining points. Only enchants that stack are system generated "virgin" ones.
    If you very carefully land at *exactly* the RP needed to upgrade an enchantment to the next rank, and don't crit on the final RP put into it, and end up with, say, a Rank 9 Azure Enchantment with 0 RP towards 10, it can stack with other empty Rank 9 Azure enchantments.

I suspect r12s not stacking has to do with undisclosed-but-recorded RP overflow.

This is annoying on live -- but the new RP system is going to make putting an exact amount of RP into an enchantment a trivially easy process, largely mitigating this issue going forward.
  • Options
    ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User

refined enchants that are filled exactly (without any overflow) stack, including rank 12 bondings. enchants with some overflow, even if it is exactly the same amount, say 100 points overflow, don't stack. i made my bondings rank 12 stack in order to move them more easily between chars. (it was a bit tedious :-) )
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2017

You can stack refined enchants, but you have to round them off perfectly to be at 0 RP, which includes managing crits.

Edit: This ended up redundant. Always save as draft until finished reading thread.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    On Preview, newly upgraded enchants should stack as the refining UI just adds enough RP to go to the next rank. Crits take place when converting stones to RP, not when filling up RP.

If the item needs (for instance) 2500 RP no more than that is added.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    It dawned on me today that I haven't been playing much. I've been reading the forums re: the upcoming changes on several fronts, but I've only logged in once or twice in the last few weeks, and even then, I just grabbed some influence for the SH.

After thinking about this for a while, I think it's because there's no near-term goal I'm working towards.

2xRP was a real motivator to farm the dungeons to get the AD for (1.) acquiring the artifacts and enchants that you want; (2.) acquiring the wards, marks, and reagents; or (3.) getting RP to (a.) refine it all, or (b.) resell to make AD for larger purchases. Its relatively sparse occurrence on the calendar was far enough away to give it scarcity value, but still near enough to be worth pursuing every time you log in.

With the refinement changes, there are no near-ish-term opportunities for a reasonable pay-off that require significant preparation (so as to generate the urgency that drives us to grind the content again and again---or to queue for RQ for that matter). 2xRP was sufficient to span the gap between modules. I'm not asking to delay the refining changes, but I think the following would be good to consider:

With the end of 2xRP, please consider adding some kind of event to motivate grinding AD/RP between modules. Even assuming the refinement changes are an overall benefit, you are removing a major motivator to play the game in the spaces between modules. Desirable properties of this event are that it should (i.) require a few months of collecting/playing/grinding/farming various things, and (ii.) give us a reasonable payoff to motivate doing so.

For example, put a vendor in Protector's enclave for a week before the next module that will trade a coalescent ward in exchange for 1200 demonic ichor + 1200 seals of the protector + 10k faerzress + 10k voninblod + (XXXX from campaign YYY)* [probably have to have two offerings, one that maxes out the leveling currencies and one that ranges up through a wide variety of end-game currencies]

(This could do more for the queue times than RQ...)

Not to beat a dead horse, but the fundamental issue is this: why would I grind/farm anything between modules? All of the other events are self-contained. The modules are self-contained. There is no sense of urgency, no sense of loss if I skip a month. You've changed "progress" to be independent of calendar time, and this has an impact on player motivation that I think you've overlooked. Why would I buy VIP except on the day a module drops? If I take 5 months off, what's the likelihood I come back?

[Edit to add a 4th X, I forgot the filter eats three of them together]
  • Options
    wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Question: with new refinement rules, will marks for Mod10 weapons dissapear and they will upgrade as every other weapon set? Or there will be double standards for this one?
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

Question: with new refinement rules, will marks for Mod10 weapons dissapear and they will upgrade as every other weapon set? Or there will be double standards for this one?

SKT weapons will still require those marks of Ild, Stig and Uvar. Unfortunately. But if they didn't give those, no one would ever do MSVA except for the blood ruby you get.
  • Options
    maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    > @gromovnipljesak#8234 said:
    > Question: with new refinement rules, will marks for Mod10 weapons dissapear and they will upgrade as every other weapon set? Or there will be double standards for this one?
    >
    > SKT weapons will still require those marks of Ild, Stig and Uvar. Unfortunately. But if they didn't give those, no one would ever do MSVA except for the blood ruby you get.

Seriously stupid. They're just going to have to change it again when a new, better wrapping set of introduced.
  • Options
    firdraingfirdraing Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 58 Arc User
    Hi

So... I may be a little late with these questions but I was wondering, does the module 10 refinement stones such as Rough Emerald, Shimmering Hill Emerald etc. transfer into refinement points as their maximum vale (5k/25k/etc.) Or as their worst value (250/1250/etc.)? Or do they not transfer at all? Because I have the feeling like the RP boost from SKT would be a... Welcome way to make it look at least a tiny bit better than it is...

I feel like leaving the SKT marks as it used to be isn't a good idea. People won't do MSVA anymore? Well, people don't do MSVA too often anyway, in fact most group content dungeons are unrewarding but I don't want to expand upon this question here.
    (P.S. People WOULD do MSVA if it gave superior marks.)

Not trying to push something but making SKT a fine source of RP and it's materials would actually make it something similar to Dread Ring, which, even though really old, was the most popular campaign for years due to it's usefullness from the RP side.

Wouldn't it be easier to give people the ability to transfer RP via bank, like gold and tarmalune trade bars, instead of the continuos mailing stuff, besides, my main has fairly high item level and the RP isn't very useful any way, I'd love to simply transfer it to my alts, and they need all they can get.

Sorry for the late questions, I know the new update comes in less than a day, I was on a break from the game for a while, haven't been on the preview and didn't find these questions asked when looking through this thread.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    firdraing said:

Wouldn't it be easier to give people the ability to transfer RP via bank, like gold and tarmalune trade bars, instead of the continuos mailing stuff, besides, my main has fairly high item level and the RP isn't very useful any way, I'd love to simply transfer it to my alts, and they need all they can get.

Can that be improved? I would say yes but I am not going to talk about 'improvement' but to talk about how to deal with new system.

RP vs RP item:
    RP is character bound and can't be transferred.
    However, the RP items that stay in your inventory can be transferred if it is not character bound.
    Example of RP items enchantment, runestone, peridot, level 70 junk gear, ...

If you convert the RP items to RP, it will be character bound.

There are 3 types of RP items (in terms of bound):

1. no bound RP items. You can sell it. You can transfer that to alt through shared bank (my standard approach).
    2. account bound RP items. You can transfer that to alt through shared bank (my standard approach).
    3. character bound RP items. No point to keep that as a RP items to waste your inventory space. That should be converted to RP asap.

There are 3 type of item that needs to inject RP (in terms of bound).

a. no bound item: more or less unbound Enchantment/runstone.
    b. account bound item: account bound enchantment/runstone and some account bound artifact equipment (such as twisted) which are all now old stuff.
    c. character bound item: Artifact and Artifact Equipment.

Your alt needs RP. To provide RP to your alt from your main, you can transfer (1) and (2) to alt in its RP item form. Item (c) can use these. (a) and (b) can use these too but (c) should be the priority.

Your main also has (3). To take advantage of (3), transfer (a) or (b) to your main to use up main's RP and then transfer it back to your alt. I have been doing this for the current system for a long time. The new system will make that even easier.

For example, at this moment, I can't transfer Artifact to another toon. The current character bound Artifact RP items in main can't be consumed by alt. Since there will only be one type of character bound RP in the new system, all the character bound RP in main can be consumed by alt.

Your concern is how to 'transfer' character bound RP from main to alt. You don't. You need to do that in reverse. Transfer the item to where the character bound RP is.

In short, all the RP that is generated by your main can be used by your alt in mod 12b. It is not the case in the current mod 12a system.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
  • Options
    jazmnjazmn Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I mostly like the changes to RP but the marks needed are going to be difficult for a new level 70 who just found out they cant do any random skirmishes, epic dungeons, or epic trials to earn the diamonds to buy the marks especially the greater potency one. At 70 because my item level isn't 10,000 i can only earn 10k diamonds a day as the only random cue available is the regular dungeon one. It kind of hamstrings people with a catch 22 you need the diamonds to upgrade the gear but you cant earn many diamonds because of your item level. I know this isn't strictly a refinement issue but it affects it. I'm looking at over 2 weeks waiting time just to upgrade my item because of this. It's just a tad frustrating.
  • Options
    bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    > @jazmn said:
    > I mostly like the changes to RP but the marks needed are going to be difficult for a new level 70 who just found out they cant do any random skirmishes, epic dungeons, or epic trials to earn the diamonds to buy the marks especially the greater potency one. At 70 because my item level isn't 10,000 i can only earn 10k diamonds a day as the only random cue available is the regular dungeon one. It kind of hamstrings people with a catch 22 you need the diamonds to upgrade the gear but you cant earn many diamonds because of your item level. I know this isn't strictly a refinement issue but it affects it. I'm looking at over 2 weeks waiting time just to upgrade my item because of this. It's just a tad frustrating.

How so? Theres no limit to how much rad you can earn in a day. Just because you dont qualify for bonus rad doesnt mean you can only earn 10k rad a day. Run what you want and salvage... its that simple. You can cap out at 36k each day without even doing a single random que. Not to mention weekly rad from campaigns, sales in auction house, etc. Keep crying wolf... its not really that difficult to earn rad/ad.

Back on topic, you can farm dread ring for marks. Go farm hunt drops and trade for marks. Get vip and sell what you get to buy what you need etc....so many options. Not sure why you think they MUST be bought. This new system makes it cheaper to make enchantments by not requiring the doubles from 7-10. Which cuts your cost quite a bit. Less marks, less wards, etc...

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• Options
    jazmnjazmn Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Obviously your not one of the people the change effects, it's about the fact that they're telling us how we can play the game by making a major currency way more difficult to attain if your item level isn't higher. And I have VIP it hasn't helped drops from lock boxes tend to suck unless your super lucky or buy a HAMSTER load of extra keys.