test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Tyrannical curse stopped working on CC inmune mobs in PVE.

When I use it an a normal enemy in Chult it works, but when I use it on CC inmune ones instead of being marked with a TT curse it gets marked with a lesser curse and there is no splash damage.

Updated 2017-10-09: after some more testing (thanks @jaime4312#3760) the bug seems to be affecting Tyranosaur and TRex. Other rare hunts and dungeon bosses work fine, even King of Spine HE works fine.
    Post edited by nisckis on
  • kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User

GF's Steel Grace artifact off-hand bonus wasn't updated when devs reworked it.

• desertravelerdesertraveler Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    SW: Vampiric Embrace on Temptation tree should give temporaty hitpoints on cursed targets. It does not. Side note, please before you make owlbear pet changes and now making 'POP' possible to crit, please update our output damage after these changes. The road to hell is paved with good intentions...
  • dusty991dusty991 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    kacezet said:

control resist doesnt work anywhere,and there is no stat for it on charactor page. my OP off-hand class feature doesnt give me the +25% control resist to me and/or my allies, the 11% i should get from my wisdom bonus doesnt show anywhere, and the +24% for my guild boon doesnt work either. stacking ,I should be getting +60% control resist,which means the mobs in chult shouldnt be able to land their control powers more than 40% of the time,but in reality,they land every time. I dont believe this is a bug tho.
  • azazel#6882 azazel Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Sw: I'm able to cast Killing flames on a target that has already died, may be due to slow cast speed.I get no damage and have a cooldown.
    Blades of the vanquished seems to have two cooldowns, the cooldown starts after you cast it and reset when the power disapates.
    Occasionally when casting tyrannical curse it goes through the animation twice before casting.
    Post edited by azazel#6882 on
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    @balanced#2849 @ctatumdev#6113 @sgrantdev#8718 @asterdahl

Originally reported by @nisckis

Bug:

TC is not working vs certain CC immune enemies so it doesn't do any splash damage whatsoever nor the target gets the TC icon over it (big curse). From what I could test, I know for certain TC does not work at all on neither the tyrannosaurus rex nor its weaker version, when other dinos were around they literally took no damage as TC didn't work, TC icon seemed to appear on the debuff bar of the target I tried casting it on but that's it,
    it is broken.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    kacezet said:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12990839
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Since we're working several CW teleport issues:
    CW can teleport 'through' most enemies. (this feature is even shown in the intro movie at lvl1, IIRC). There are certain mobs we can't teleport through: Winter Wolves, Barlgura, Nalfeshnee. Glabrezu as well? Bug or WAI?

Given the need to dodge at close range, the existance of mobs we can't teleport through cuts down on the available dodge directions. Were these intended?
    Post edited by eldeskal on
    Basic/core abilities/mechanics rework will never happen.

Immunity frames/Stamina/Dodge, ITC, Deflect/Severity..
    some things are out control, some just abandoned.

/en/forums/neverwinter#/categories/neverwinterpreview-bug-reports - is a waste of player's time.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    Yuan-Ti ignores UNSTOPPABLE(GWF) immunity.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    Halfling/Elf 10% control resist racial feature partially bugged.

Total Control Resistance not shown on character sheet.

Total Control Bonus not shown on character sheet.

Total Bonus Incoming Healing not shown on the character sheet.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    BUGS:
    • HR: Cordon of Arrows
      Tooltip specifie Radiant damage, but deal Physical Damage
      Ordon Laficelle 3@brewald],,,Target Dummy,C[625 Entity_Targetdummy_Chult],Cordon of Arrows,Pn.Ray5f31,Physical,Critical|Flank,31307.3,32903.1
      Ordon Laficelle 3@brewald],,,Target Dummy,C[625 Entity_Targetdummy_Chult],Cordon of Arrows,Pn.Ray5f31,Physical,Critical|Flank,35390,0

• TR: Smoke Bomb
      Tooltip specifie Poison damage, but deal Physical Damage
      Languille 2@brewald],,,Target Dummy,C[132758 Entity_Targetdummy],Smoke Bomb,Pn.Hvk4hw,Physical,Critical,5826.54,0
      Languille 2@brewald],,,Target Dummy,C[132754 Entity_Targetdummy],Smoke Bomb,Pn.Hvk4hw,Physical,Critical,6620.41,0

Or something is wrong in the CombatLog files... so need to be fixed
    Post edited by brewald on
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    > @dusty991 said:
    > fix the companions pls... it is easy to see that mobs somehow know im getting procs from my pets bondings and go after him at the begining of every fight in chult,and kill him, hence,no procs. my personal opinion is that if the devs made a mistake and over powered the bondings,tuff noogies,deal with it, dont CHEAT and just have mobs kill pet quick to fix it. I spent alot of time and RL money to get my bondings and get them to rank 12,so either fix the pet or give me back my time and money. seriously ppl, am i the only one who sees the change in pet behavior? i have tried many diff pets,air archon,fire archon,and even the new tamed velociraptor,and its very plain to see that this new behavior of pets is intentional. I hate games that cheat.

i Fail to understand what you are saying, off course some pets do a better job at procsing bondings...
    If my con artist rush dynos, he will die before procsing...
    As a warlock i strike first from long range range to prevent that, to me it's wai.

Just take a long range pet like archons of you want to avoid pet aggro...

And please, for once devs are doing something very cool that we need, fixing bugs.
    Let's focus on bugs to help them and not illuminati conspiration...

So don't start with bs about intended bs.
    Post edited by diloul#3484 on
  • diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    <font color=cyan>SW Curses x3 unpredictable and buggy + Tyrannical curse unpredictable.
    Imho, this is one of the reasons why SW underperform as dps.
    Apply curses require time, during that time, other dps class already melted ennemis before we even land a strike...
    Sometimes curse don't even apply so we have to spam ...

• Could you make a change so that the 3 more dangerous foes get cursed instantly instead of spamming R1 (PS4) ?

• When we launch Tyrannical curse, too many times, it does not hit the biggest hp ennemi... This dayli is absolutely useless if the foe dies right away.
    Could you make hit boss/ or high mob foe without need to aim as it is very hard to aim for a certain foe when the screen is full of moving targets.cyan.</font>

PS cant make bb code working on phones sorry
    Post edited by diloul#3484 on
  • azaylin#1903 azaylin Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    GF Bug Dieing with sheild up(guard) you can not use resurrection scroll.
  • mageddo#6766 mageddo Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Please fix the bugged companions. My con artist lacks the capabilities of walking up ramps.
  • mageddo#6766 mageddo Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Also just noticed he won't attack sometimes. Do I just not pay him enough gold to do his job? Haha
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    GF with shield up and facing correctly should not be knocked down by Allosaurs
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    Chultan Lion's roar is like the original tyrannosaur's and t-rex roars. Control resist does not shorten the duration of the 'stun' effect.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    During House of Crocodile final boss (Elder Nightmare Speaker), if you get hit with the 'run away in fear' from the circle (not the hand attack), you will be pushed to the wall and will remain there for 2 rotations of the bosses 'ray' attack. Then the effect ends. You are blocked by invisible walls and cannot move toward the boss.

Also, this happened while I was testing Crescendo's immunity to CC. Here are a few more instances where Crescendo does not work to give immunity:

1) Spili Ti's slam attack
    2) Nightmare speaker's 'run in fear attack' (but maybe this is WAI...as its not technically 'control'

Finally, in instances where you must move through the ships to collect maps or kill mobs, some companions get stuck at the entrance and do nothing. Either the instance is too short to auto pull the companion, or the companion just sorta hops up and down and looks like its buzzing.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    GWF using Sure Strike while jumping makes it skip to the last swing without having to do previous ones, allowing to deal increased damage.
  • einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    The on-kill effect of Huntsman boots appears to be non-functional. No change in speed occurs after killing multiple enemies at once, and no buff appears in the status bar.

The GWF capstone feat Instigator's Vengeance can be obtained with only 20 paragon feat points spent in the Instigator path. Please understand that I am uncomfortable reporting this bug right now, as I feel that fixing it actively makes the Instigator path worse than its already poor state, but I think that it should be noted for a fix in a later balance pass..

Mod edit: Stay on topic. Flag things you don't think are bugs instead of replying to them. Thanks!
    Post edited by zebular on
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    In SOMI sometimes when you dismount from the kayak it takes a lot longer for stamina to refill. This appears to be only after using the auto-run control to move the craft.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • sgrantdevsgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer

Enemies in Chult areas (Soshenstar River especially) can 'hide' in the bushes and become non-attackable (including AoEs), you can attack them again only if they come out or you go in and spam buttons hoping to hit.

Will it be fixed for other cases too with that fix?

I need some more specifics for this. When you say AOEs is it all types of AOEs? Can you give an example that is not daunting light and a place I can reproduce this for confirmation?

• einsiegeinsieg Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    sgrantdev said:

I need some more specifics for this. When you say AOEs is it all types of AOEs? Can you give an example that is not daunting light and a place I can reproduce this for confirmation?

I am a GWF and I also encounter this bug often especially in the Batiri camp. There are numerous small environment objects like the little poles with masks on them and the bags laying around the area where small enemies can get inside them and become unhittable from most directions, including all AoE powers.
  • leksa#8859 leksa Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    In tong on avatar of orcus battle. When you die and soulforged resurrects you your companion disappears from battle you can dimiss them but they are not in battle.
    In the same battle when you have hunter ranger in your party using or not The Bloody Death the boss focus on them and tank mostly and its so apparent that dc want to stand with tank and not hr
  • rgutscheradevrgutscheradev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 186 Cryptic Developer
    artifleur said:

Tank and Defender companions can steal aggro from BIS Paladins using all the threat building encounters and at wills. This has been easily repeatable. Companions should not vie for aggro with a Tank present in the group. Nor should it be able to so easily build more aggro on the invisible, unmeasurable, incalculable threat table.

This is due to an undocumented taunt skill which steals aggro regardless of threat-levels. I agree that this is extremely problematic as soon as you have a real tank in your group and pretty much makes using any defender companion a bad idea. This skill needs to be replaced by some kind of threat generation buff. However, it isn't, stricto sensu, a bug.
    Totally legit feedback, and definitely fair game for this thread.

As an aside: Don't worry too much about exactly what counts as a "bug". The important thing is "easy to fix". Part of "easy to fix" is "easy to decide we *want* to fix", so lots of class balance suggestions fail here -- the actual change might be easy, but deciding to make it is part of a bigger picture. However, if something is confusing or doesn't make sense, or if a power does something important but the tooltip doesn't mention it, those are things we want to fix, whether they are technically bugs or not.

But back to the main point -- we need more detail! What companions are stealing aggro? Can you tell us which power is doing it? At very least, we can add a note to the power warning people it will do that (easy fix). Or are these powers that say they are stealing aggro, but people don't like that (now the fix is less clear -- people like taunting pets for solo play -- should we rework them so they still taunt, but not so much? Should we somehow "turn them off" in group play? This is probably something we wouldn't tackle this month, and instead would file away as feedback for later.)
This discussion has been closed.