test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Final Boons for Chult

dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
edited September 2017 in The Wilds
OK so I've been testing the 2 new dps boons from Chult. Lingering Curse and Soul Syphon. I did 5 runs with each.

Lingering Curse avg's 95 procs and 970k over all dmg. max hit was 30 avg hit was 9333, It is effected by DR.

Soul Syphon avg's 512 procs and 758k over all dmg, Also it does not add the dmg of all the stacks together when the mob dies. 10 stacks is 10 separate hits of 2k each then add in DR. the heal portion had 138 swings with 18 hit, max heal was 15780, lowest 1551, avg 4800, does not seem ao be effected by buffs, my HP is at 150k.

If you don't need the extra heal then it's looking like Lingering Curse is the way to go for max dmg.
"The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Hmm. Damn, I took the incoming heals one. The others looked a bit too situational, or just trashmob biased.

Anyway, I can always respecc. ☺
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • teucer#3019 teucer Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    I passed on starting the boons. And with all the stuns, I bet the heals are better if running solo. Especially when solo'ing the TRex.

Do post more stats.
    The Legendary Outlaws
  • nihlocke#5890 nihlocke Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    There's a bit of information missing here. Where did you do those 5 runs? I know it doesn't change the fact that Lingering Curse is (probably) more dps than Soul Siphon, just wanted to make some calculations and understand what kind of overall dmg increase we're looking at.

I mean, a 212k difference between the two looks negligible when we're talking about a Castle Never or Epic Temple of Spider run. Might as well take the self heal utility.
  • dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    ToNG runs
    Ok, thanks.

I still don't have the gear to even think about attempting ToNG. How much damage do people do in an average ToNG run? I mean, what does an average dps's Paingiver counter say?

Ok, thanks.

I still don't have the gear to even think about attempting ToNG. How much damage do people do in an average ToNG run? I mean, what does an average dps's Paingiver counter say?

You can't use Paingiver to judge whether or not a dps'er is up to par. All dungeons have set amount of dmg in them, unless you are wiping. You need to be using ACT to gauge your dps for each encounter and the dungeon as a whole. Even then there are so many variables,... how many support are you running, what actual support classes, are they using the proper buff/debuff skills to make the run go as efficient as possible, are they running and coordinating Debuff Artifacts and Debuff mount skills. etc etc etc.

I can tell you that speaking with some of the top players that run perfect setups they are doing full ToNG runs sub 16 mins. The fastest that I have personally ever ran it is 21 min with an avg run of around 25 min. Going back over my logs my personal best Avatar of Orcus was at 4.1 mil dps, Wither's was a 2.2 mil dps and Ras Nsi was 1.8 mil dps. I am in BiS gear and most of the time play my rotation near flawlessly, that being said, my dmg output is purely based on the group comp and what they bring to support me. When playing in the current meta of 4 support 1 dmg you are at the mercy of what your group brings to the table.
    I'm sorry, that's not what i wanted to ask. I didn't want to ask about damage per second (btw, that's a LOT of dps you have there, gg on that).
    I wanted to ask how much overall damage does an average dps character do in ToNG. As in total damage done from the start of the dungeon to the end. Just to understand what do those 970k and 758k total damage from the final boons mean.

Sorry if I wasn't clear before.

I'm sorry, that's not what i wanted to ask. I didn't want to ask about damage per second (btw, that's a LOT of dps you have there, gg on that).
    I wanted to ask how much overall damage does an average dps character do in ToNG. As in total damage done from the start of the dungeon to the end. Just to understand what do those 970k and 758k total damage from the final boons mean.

Sorry if I wasn't clear before.

Running the meta and depending on how much dmg your support is doing, the main dps spot will hit betwen 1.3 and 1.8 bil total dmg. The boons don't add enough dmg to be noticed.
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    When running as solo dps I usually deal about 2.5 billion damage. There's a bug when your damage reaches 2.2 billion, you are on negative -2.2 billions and last place at paingiver.

As for the boons, I don't think 200k of damage does the difference in TONG run while compared with some heals Soul Siphon gives.

Or am I not right guys? @dragonsbane3 @jonkoca
    Well, that's a lot of overall damage. Now we can look at the impact these boons make.

You said the average total damage is between 1.3 and 1.8 billions. Just for the sake of it, let's say an average of 1.5 billions.

Our data is:

Total average overall damage 1.5 billions.
    Total average damage from Lingering Curse is 970k. Overall, that's about 0,065%
    Total average damage from Soul Siphon is 758k. Overall, that's about 0,05%

The average difference in total damage between the boons is 212k. Overall, that's about a majestic 0,014%.

So, picking up Lingering Curse instead of Soul Siphon would give us a whopping 0,014% more damage in a ToNG run. As dragonsbane3 said, that's really not noticeable. I think dps characters would be better off picking Soul Siphon to get up to 10% of their health back every time they kill an enemy on top of dealing oh so much damage.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Trouble is, imho, when you're killing enemies, that means trash mobs, at which point a 10% heal matters almost nothing.

The boons tbh. look like they're pvp orientated.

And yeah, I wondered why I suddenly fell off the paingiver on tong runs sometimes. Crazy cryptic coding.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    Does Soul Siphon work on every tic of DOT skills like most of the HR trapper root encounters? or is it first hits?