test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• niszdog#4897 niszdog Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Guild repositories won't let players deposit unless their rank has unlimited withdrawal set.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    WE Procs:
    Arcane Singularity, Shard of Endless Avalanche, Furious Immolation and Maelstrom of Chaos do not proc weapon enchantments.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited October 2017

eldritchx said:

Edit the example to say "check your weapons at the door" for a better analogy, because more like hit points, an individual is more likely to possess multiples of these than coats.

I definitely agree that there are clearer ways it could have been phrased, but Neverwinter's track record with tooltips is not something I would define as precise and reliable in indicating intent

I cannot think of another example in this game where for a buff provided by 1 class to be effective for you, you need to invest into something else.
    Bonding Runestones + Power Share. Boom. You yourself even mentioned it.

hhmm and what about incoming healing bonus :trollface: ?

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    a

Aura of Courage:

Scales off of the HP of the player that triggers it, not the HP of the oathbound paladin. This is not the intended behavior per the tooltip, despite what many 2nd or 3rd language English speakers may think. Furthermore, allies do not benefit from the rank bonus of Aura of Courage, meaning it does more than 40% less damage for them then for the OP.

Orcus Set:
    If you as an ally are wearing the orcus set and a paladin is nearby, your Aura of Courage damage is not increased by the set bonus.

In addition, the following CW abilities do not benefit from the set bonus:

Conduit of Ice.
    Steal Time.
    The Arc and DoT from Sudden Storm on mastery.
    Shard of Endless Avalanche.
    Furious Immolation.
    Smoulder.
    Arcane Power Field.

Frost Wave:

Procs without being slotted on Oppressive Force and Maelstrom of Chaos.

Smoulder Stacking:

It is possible to stack Rimefire and Smoulder, which also causes the applicable CW class feature, Swath of Destruction to stack. This can be done in the following ways:

Cast Furious Immolation and then a cold spell. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXmebjptxxY
    Cast a Daily power that does not apply Chill with Combustive Action slotted, then deal damage with a non Chill power, then apply Chill. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOhJb5O3g2Q&feature=youtu.be
    Crit with Icy Terrain whilst Critical Conflagration is slotted.

Combustive Action:

Applies to the caster when you use Oppressive Force.

Mirage Set:

Procs things independantly of the user. On CW, they multiproc Abyss of Chaos, Weapon Enchantments, Storm Spell, Creeping Frost, Smoulder, Spell Twisting, and Aura of Courage. You can also use them to apply the debuffs of weapon enchantments multiple times. To do this with for example Bronzewood, trigger the set without applying the debuff (for example, attack empty air with icy terrain) then attack the dummy with an at will and wait for them to attack it. After this, apply the debuff yourself.

Frozen Power Transfer:

The stacks for successive applications are refreshed and overwritten. What this means is, if you hit 3 enemies with the third cast once and then hit one enemy with the third cast the next time, the next time, you will lose 2 stacks of the buff as 2 of the stacks will be overwritten by 1 stack.

Imprisonment on Control Immune Targets:

Will grant CC immune targets damage immunity for the full duration, while not CCing them.

Mirage weapons are not responsible for the multistacking on enchants cw seems to have something to do with this since this can happen and without mirage.

Mirage.proc spell twisting is a bug since mirage do not cast encounters.

Mirage proc abyss of chaos as intended because illusions are allies and they attack with chilling cloud which is 3 hit from each illusion and again mirage alone is not responsible for the multistack since it can happen and without mirage.
    SMolder do not proc from mirage never did .
    creeping frost is normal to proc from the mirage chilling cloud since it proc from cold powers.

here a video prove that smolder do not proc from mirage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg-BEOQgMuw

and the act log :

also storm spell proc from mirage attacks only if the caster has a critical hit but the illusions they cant critical.

edited October 2017

a

Aura of Courage:

Scales off of the HP of the player that triggers it, not the HP of the oathbound paladin. This is not the intended behavior per the tooltip, despite what many 2nd or 3rd language English speakers may think. Furthermore, allies do not benefit from the rank bonus of Aura of Courage, meaning it does more than 40% less damage for them then for the OP.

Orcus Set:
    If you as an ally are wearing the orcus set and a paladin is nearby, your Aura of Courage damage is not increased by the set bonus.

Conduit of Ice.
    Steal Time.
    Furious Immolation.
    Smoulder.
    Arcane Power Field.

Frost Wave:

Smoulder Stacking:

It is possible to stack Rimefire and Smoulder, which also causes the applicable CW class feature, Swath of Destruction to stack. This can be done in the following ways:

Cast Furious Immolation and then a cold spell. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXmebjptxxY
    Cast a Daily power that does not apply Chill with Combustive Action slotted, then deal damage with a non Chill power, then apply Chill. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOhJb5O3g2Q&feature=youtu.be

Combustive Action:

Mirage Set:

Procs things independantly of the user. On CW, they multiproc Abyss of Chaos, Weapon Enchantments, Storm Spell, Creeping Frost, Smoulder, Spell Twisting, and Aura of Courage. You can also use them to apply the debuffs of weapon enchantments multiple times. To do this with for example Bronzewood, trigger the set without applying the debuff (for example, attack empty air with icy terrain) then attack the dummy with an at will and wait for them to attack it. After this, apply the debuff yourself.

Frozen Power Transfer:

The stacks for successive applications are refreshed and overwritten. What this means is, if you hit 3 enemies with the third cast once and then hit one enemy with the third cast the next time, the next time, you will lose 2 stacks of the buff as 2 of the stacks will be overwritten by 1 stack.

Will grant CC immune targets damage immunity for the full duration, while not CCing them.

Mirage weapons are not responsible for the multistacking on enchants cw seems to have something to do with this since this can happen and without mirage.

Mirage proc abyss of chaos as intended because illusions are allies and they attack with chilling cloud which is 3 hit from each illusion and again mirage alone is not responsible for the multistack since it can happen and without mirage.
    creeping frost is normal to proc from the mirage chilling cloud since it proc from cold powers.

and the act log :

also storm spell proc from mirage attacks only if the caster has a critical hit but the illusions they cant critical.

Slot critical conflagration. Cast an encounter on something that isn't the dummy. Cast an at will on the dummy to make mirages attack. Wait for a crit. *Yawn* FYI the mirages can crit, their crit chance is not dependant on yours though.
    edited October 2017
    edited October 2017

a

Aura of Courage:

Orcus Set:

Conduit of Ice.
    Steal Time.
    Furious Immolation.
    Smoulder.
    Arcane Power Field.

Frost Wave:

Smoulder Stacking:

Combustive Action:

Mirage Set:

Frozen Power Transfer:

and the act log :

Slot critical conflagration. Cast an encounter on something that isn't the dummy. Cast an at will on the dummy to make mirages attack. Wait for a crit. *Yawn* FYI the mirages can crit, their crit chance is not dependant on yours though.
    if i slot conflagration i will be the one who proc the smolder on a critical hit .
    Ok with the use of conflagration and if i critical and make mirage to do smolder what i will earn from this ?

AND one more note illusions if they stay alive they will proc things dead they proc nothing.

About the critical on mirage i never saw their chilling cloud to do critical hit.
    Post edited by mamalion1234 on
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited October 2017

WE Procs:
    Arcane Singularity, Shard of Endless Avalanche, Furious Immolation and Maelstrom of Chaos do not proc weapon enchantments.

Addendum:

Bug: Other Abilities Which Do Not Proc Weapon Enchants:

HR: Careful Attack does not proc weapon enchants.
    SW: Gates of Hell & Immolation Spirits do not proc weapon enchants. Additionally, Pillar of Power does not proc Holy Avenger, though it procs every other enchant (aside from Vorpal/Dread, since duckonaplate doesn't Crit).

I think there might be some more abilities that do not proc weapon enchants (ex: GWF Slam), but I have not confirmed if those abilities do not proc enchants.

edited October 2017

a

Aura of Courage:

Orcus Set:

Conduit of Ice.
    Steal Time.
    Furious Immolation.
    Smoulder.
    Arcane Power Field.

Frost Wave:

Smoulder Stacking:

Combustive Action:

Mirage Set:

Frozen Power Transfer:

and the act log :

if i slot conflagration i will be the one who proc the smolder on a critical hit .
    Ok with the use of conflagration and if i critical and make mirage to do smolder what i will earn from this ?

AND one more note illusions if they stay alive they will proc things dead they proc nothing.

About the critical on mirage i never saw their chilling cloud to do critical hit.
    Then you didn't pay enough attention. It isn't my fault if you didn't sit around until they crit.
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User

eldritchx said:

Edit the example to say "check your weapons at the door" for a better analogy, because more like hit points, an individual is more likely to possess multiples of these than coats.

I definitely agree that there are clearer ways it could have been phrased, but Neverwinter's track record with tooltips is not something I would define as precise and reliable in indicating intent

I cannot think of another example in this game where for a buff provided by 1 class to be effective for you, you need to invest into something else.
    Bonding Runestones + Power Share. Boom. You yourself even mentioned it.
    I still don't believe it was intended for bonding stones to transfer power shared to the pet on through the bonding stones
    I think it was just more difficult to stop and the effect of not stopping was underestimated
    edited October 2017
    I would appreciate a confirmation after 70 tries i did and the chilling cloud coming from illusions never never never never critical.

I would appreciate a confirmation after 70 tries i did and the chilling cloud coming from illusions never never never never critical.

Note that they never say that they critically strike, but they proc stuff as if they critically strike. For example, a non-crit mirage chilling cloud can proc storm spell. Or at least did back when I was testing it (which was back in mod 11 release)

Note that they never say that they critically strike, but they proc stuff as if they critically strike. For example, a non-crit mirage chilling cloud can proc storm spell. Or at least did back when I was testing it (which was back in mod 11 release)
    https://youtu.be/EuzFNOk5KS8

like that.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User

When: killing more that 60 enemies in the stronghold for My Only Enemy is Time

Excpected Result: Tire 3 reward unlocked

Actual Result: Only Tire 2 reward is unlocked

Severity: doomsday level

I was getting T3, but needed 61 kills not 60
  • valnoledvalnoled Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    CW Arcane Presence off-hand artifact feature does not work right, IMHO.
    It says it gives you 2% Action Points when you DAMAGE enemies with Cold based spells.
    But it gives AP only when the spell is cast, therefore COI or IT hits over time do not trigger the feature. As well as AOE initial hits - you get the same amount of AP from a crowd as you get from a single mob. But IR get a bonus AP from both rays hits.

Rimfire and Smolder still don't get the damage bonus from Chilling Presence

Shard of tEA CD is not affected by Spell Twisting. And is not considered as an Encounter for the Spell Twisting stacks, but moving the shard is counting towards ST stacks. WAI?

Imprisonment cast also does not add Spell twisting stack
  • balanced#2849 balanced Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 41 Cryptic Developer

CW Offhand Bonus Issues:

Arcane Power Field and Evocation offhand bonuses do not work. The offhand bonus for Storm Spell does not work the way it is described at all and does not benefit from the rank bonus of Storm Spell, but can crit, can proc off itself and also procs off all damage sources not just Storm Spell.

Procs off of Entity Powers:
    I am not sure how many abilities across how many classes are effected by this, but at the very least, if Ambush on HR procs off Bear Trap or if Storm Spell on CW procs off of Icy Terrain (or some hits of other entitiy powers) then the component of weapon damage which comes from your level is not included in the damage dealt.

Alright, I got to take a look at some of these and there were definitely some interesting interactions going on.

Arcane Power Field has had a couple of changes made to it. This is to ensure that it accurately matches the tooltip and functions as intended. As a result of these changes, the Artifact Off-hand bonus should now properly work with this class feature. For a full list of changes to this power, see the notes below.

Arcane Power Field: Now correctly places a buff on you that pulses damage, rather than a DoT Buff on an enemy
    Arcane Power Field: Now deals damage to foes within 40' (up from 30')
    Arcane Power Field: Tooltip updated to mention its duration (6 seconds)
    Arcane Power Field: The Artifact Off-hand bonus (+10% damage for this power) should now correctly function

As for the Evocation Off-hand bonus, this should now correctly work with powers like Icy Terrain. This means that it will no longer be multiplicative with Evocation, but instead it will be additive. That said, the damage has been increased to 5%, up from 3%, to compensate (which should be a small net-gain).

Ambush should now always deal the correct amount of damage, even when used with Bear Trap. I mentioned it somewhere else in this thread, but Storm Spell should also have some fixes attached to it, though it is true that the Artifact Off-hand version of it functions differently.
  • eldritchxeldritchx Member Posts: 28 Arc User

eldritchx said:

@eldritchx do you believe it is intended that other players should be stacking defensive stats to take advantage of a buff provided by an OP? I cannot think of another example in this game where for a buff provided by 1 class to be effective for you, you need to invest into something else. Anointed Army maybe indirectly, since it becomes more effective by having bondings, but players get bondings regardless of its existence. Every other scaling buff has scaled off of the player who provides the buff inproving their own character, not on how developed their team is in a particular fashion.
    No, I don't have a personal opinion on whether this behaviour was intended. My posts were only pointing out that the language in the tooltip doesn't offer any good evidence of intent either way, which does leave open the possibility that it is a bug, of course.
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Posting on @kikopop's behalf
    (almost forgot about these)
    Bug(s):
    Aspect of the Lone Wolf breaks when the class feature is ranked up to 4, similar to how it is with Aspect of the Pack.

Pathfinder's Action itself isn't broken but it is tied to the class feature that is bugged in the way that the duration of the buff is reduced by deflect severity when the buff is deflected which shouldn't be possible.

Cruel Recovery works even when the class feature itself isn't slotted.

Seeker's Vengeance Dot causes a damage loop with Gushing Wound when standing behind the target, more easy to reproduce when the bleed isn't advanced by the attacks from allies.

I know this isn't a rework thread but thought it would be worth mentioning that pathfinder's paragon feats (cruel recovery, battlehoned are completely unusable and probably are based on an older version of the game. Of course all classes have feats like that, just thought it was worth mentioning. Will post more when I get the chance.
    Post edited by eliybeats on
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Bug:
    HR'sBlade storm's offhand power is broken and doesn't increase blade storm's damage.
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    General bugs:
    1. Legendary companion stat bonus. It happens when doing nothing. It didnt occur when i had just one legendary companion and it started changing as soon as i got second legendary.
    2. Falling down from platform at last boss in Tomb of 9 gods can respawn you at campfire far away from the boss.
    3. Tenser combat power getting canceled if we activate anything soon after its activation.
    4. Arcane Whirlwind space button animation cannot be canceled by moving.
    5. Melee companions follow Dragon Turtle in water when it goes to dive phase, Air Archon in my case.
    6. Annoying Armor enchantment visuals. Can you add transparency scale to this since turning off visual is a problem?

TR's could use entire October just for themselves but major issues would bring satisfaction as well. Thanks for fixing Smoke bomb and Path of the Blade.

TR bugs:
    1. Stealth doesnt recharge when killed under effect or Lurkers Assault with Soulforged AE equipped.
    2. ITC doesnt activate if pressed during dodging or soon after it. It goes on cooldown without activation effect.
    3. Shadow of Demise when 2 or more TRs are present in same party, explained before. Calculates wrong and gives all credits to just 1 TR. This is probably most annoying bug for TRs since we cant compete with each other properly.
    4. Duelists Flurry has same problem like SoD when 2 or more TRs are present. Check if there is any mixing so we can be sure.

Post edited by blur#5900 on
  • sgrantdevsgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 81 Cryptic Developer

Tome of Ascendence: Fireforged.

Gives 11% increased damage and not 1.1% increased damage per target chained.

Looked at this and was able to fix a few issues I found with it:
    Fireforged
    • Should give the proper amount of damage bonus per rank now.
    • The defense bonus was bugged and never being applied. This should be fixed now.
    Illusion
    • Proc effect was increasing damage resistance instead of lowering it.
    General Adjustment
    • Cleaned up the tooltip wording a little bit.
  • zloco#6037 zloco Member Posts: 1 New User
    An old bug that still happens:
    Once in a while you get stuck in Drowned Shore in the HE No Room at the Inn.
    You get credit for it but cannot leave the inn - no travel out.
    I have tried "/stuck" - moves you a few feet inside.
    "Defeatme" brings you back to the fire in the inn.
    Ask for GM help got me no help the three times it happened to me.
    Logging out and in did not fix it.
    My only way out was to use a scroll to PE.
  • osu0148#5585 osu0148 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    > @ctatumdev#6113 said:
    > When you have Combustive Action slotted, Oppressive Force inflicts the debuff on yourself.
    >
    > And with furious immolation and i think and with ice storm. general aoe dailies apply the combustive to the caster.
    >
    > When triggered by any power, Combustive Action no longer debuffs the caster. - Cordon of Arrows - This has been reported before, does not crit at long range.
    >
    >
    > Cordon of Arrows will now crit from long distances.
    >
    > Nice, was the fix applicable to DC Chains of Blazing Light as well?
    >
    >
    > I've started to look into this, but while I'm at it, if y'all know of any other powers that don't crit at long ranges, here's the cattle call so I can fix them all in one go. I'll shall be called... The Long Ranger.
    >
    > .....I'll see myself out now. #thelongranger

I've never seen Pillar of Power crit at any range lol!

> @ctatumdev#6113 said:

> When you have Combustive Action slotted, Oppressive Force inflicts the debuff on yourself.

>

> And with furious immolation and i think and with ice storm. general aoe dailies apply the combustive to the caster.

>

> When triggered by any power, Combustive Action no longer debuffs the caster. - Cordon of Arrows - This has been reported before, does not crit at long range.

>

>

> Cordon of Arrows will now crit from long distances.

>

> Nice, was the fix applicable to DC Chains of Blazing Light as well?

>

>

> I've started to look into this, but while I'm at it, if y'all know of any other powers that don't crit at long ranges, here's the cattle call so I can fix them all in one go. I'll shall be called... The Long Ranger.

>

> .....I'll see myself out now. #thelongranger

I've never seen Pillar of Power crit at any range lol!

That's because it literally cannot crit lol

• roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Increasing rank of CW Entangling Force and Icy Terrain do not apply "Cooldown: -2s" for any increased rank up.
  • roadkill#6177 roadkill Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    Arcane Reservoir frequently does not give an epic Thaumaturgic Stone upon completion as per the quest acceptance terms.
This discussion has been closed.