Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    More Bugs!

The enemies right before the Lair of Lostmauth are not the correct level. I believe they are level 30 in a level 70 dungeon. Nobody wants to kill them because they can put your quartermasters enchants on cooldown, but will only give you white/green bags.

The end screen for the Lair of Lostmauth says "The Temple of Lostmauth".

The flame breath for the final boss in Shores of Tuern does not display a red warning cone.

If you frame perfectly cancel the cutscenes for the Demogoron trial, you will leave the cutscene but your character will be stuck in place server side. This means that you can repeatedly walk to the door, but then rubberband back to the platform. This will happen until you press escape again, or the duration of the cutscene ends (even though you cannot see it).

If you finish the first phase of Demogorgon, you must wait out the timer. This often means standing around doing nothing for 2-3 minutes.

Repurpose Soul (DC heroic feat) gets its heal overridden by additional damage procs that happen after the original hit. This means that if you equip a lightning enchant, and then deal 4 million damage to something, but your weapon enchant procs for 100 damage, you will heal for 15 HP instead of 15% of the original ability.

Hammer of Fate (DC daily) removes AP very late in the cast animation, but procs Quick Action (mount equip bonus) very early. This wastes the Quick Action.

Living Fire (DC feat) is removed if you soulforge

Martial Mastery (GF capstone feat) doesn't scale with Damage Resistance (some said it may actually scale, but the amount it scales is less than the amount you lose from taking less damage), but instead becomes more and more useless the more you mitigate damage. Holding up your shield even reduces the AP this gives. It rewards you for being weaker and being dumber instead of doing what it describes: "You gain a bonus on this value based on your Damage Resistance". It should likely be based on unmitigated damage, so that shielding/getting shielded doesn't punish you.

To be continued ...
    Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    kleineryoda#3363 kleineryoda Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Companions such as the Hawk or the Sprites still do not follow the player's character when mounted.
    Instead they stick to the position where the player summoned the mount. [Link]

Recreation:
    - summon companion
    - summon mount
    - ride for an arbitrary instance
    - unmount

Result:
    The companion is left at the spot, where the player mounted and only now starts travelling.

Expected Result:
    The companion appears at the spot where the player dismounted (next to the player), ready to fight.

Companions should simply spawn next to the player, whenever the player character is unmounting, regardless of whether the companion is in the middle of a fight somewhere else on the map.
  • Options
    eldritchxeldritchx Member Posts: 28 Arc User

eldritchx said:

Aura of Courage:

Scales off of the HP of the player that triggers it, not the HP of the oathbound paladin. This is not the intended behavior per the tooltip, despite what many 2nd or 3rd language English speakers may think.

What possessive adjective would a presumably first language English speaker choose for 'You and allies within 30' ' instead?

@eldritchx let me quote the full tooltip:
    tooltip said:

You and allies within 30' of you deal 1% of your Maximum Hit Points as bonus Radiant Damage.

"You and allies" <-Subject of the sentence. Please note, it distinguishes between you (the OP) and allies (presumably not OPs) as 2 different groups. It then follows that the, "your" in this case refers to 1 of the groups, the group that you are in. This is how I read it and I am bug reporting it as a result.

If I was going to state that the damage doesn't scale off of the OPs HP and instead scales off each individuals HP, I would state:

"Each player within 30' deals 1% of their Maximum Hit Points as Radiant Damage."

It is clear what is intended in the above sentence, every individual player, deals 1% of their own maximum hp as radiant damage.</p>
    It is imprecise and ambiguous, but it definitely is not clear that the possessive adjective your is singular and refers to only one of the groups in the subject, and in particular, you.

Example: "You and the others must check your coats at the door." surely should not be taken to mean that only you check your coat.
  • Options
    eldritchxeldritchx Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Edit the example to say "check your weapons at the door" for a better analogy, because more like hit points, an individual is more likely to possess multiples of these than coats.

I definitely agree that there are clearer ways it could have been phrased, but Neverwinter's track record with tooltips is not something I would define as precise and reliable in indicating intent
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    More bugs!

Mighty Blade (GWF feat) doesn't buff "AoE Powers" but instead just modifies a list of powers. It is missing Weapon Master Strike (GWF at-will) at minimum.

Hidden Daggers (GWF encounter) doesn't buff "Melee powers" but instead just modifies a list of powers. It is missing Reaping Strike (GWF at-will) and others. It also contains a few powers that seem oddly labeled "melee" such as Frontline Surge (GWF encounter).

Weapon Master Strike (GWF at-will) has some interaction with Lightning that allows it to proc the lightning arcs as if they were the original casts of the power. This means that each arc counts for Aura of Courage (OP class feature) and Steel Blitz (GWF class feature)

Indomitable Strength (GF/GWF daily) 2nd hit will hit the target regardless of the range between the target and the attacker. It also is not always canceled by sprinting or blocking, which means that the first and 2nd hits can come from two different angles in very rapid succession.

Come and Get It (GWF encounter) doesn't proc on any powers except Punishing Charge and Grand Fissure. It also does almost no damage, but I doubt that is a bug.

Slam (GWF daily) does not proc weapon enchants, and doesn't put the owner into combat.

Blessing of Battle (DC at-will) doesn't put the owner into combat.

The off-hand bonus for Steel Resolve (GWF class feature) doesn't work supposedly.

Hidden Daggers (GWF encounter) and other charge based powers cannot have their cooldowns reduced by Hastening Light (DC class feature)

If you sprint too early after using Hidden Daggers (GWF encounter), the skill will cancel for no effect but still consume a charge.

To be continued ...

• Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Artifact Heart of the Red Dragon is unable to be used as a feeder artifact and people are continually being burned by this.
    I don't know if this means people are able to sell the re-claimable artifact from their Dragonborn pack (exploit!) or that these artifacts were drops from dungeons and have the same code as from the packs (most likely). If these are dungeon drops, please make non bound artifacts able to be used as feeders.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1232112/heart-of-the-red-dragon
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Artifact Heart of the Red Dragon is unable to be used as a feeder artifact and people are continually being burned by this.
    I don't know if this means people are able to sell the re-claimable artifact from their Dragonborn pack (exploit!) or that these artifacts were drops from dungeons and have the same code as from the packs (most likely). If these are dungeon drops, please make non bound artifacts able to be used as feeders.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1232112/heart-of-the-red-dragon

They are dungeon drops added when the key changes happened.

Note that mostly no artifact will be used as a feeder after 12b, so won't matter much soon.

• Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    CN bugs
    - player not pulled out of the rift (at Orcus) after clearing mobs, therefore unable to come back rejoin the boss fight
    - clearing rift when Orcus is too low on hp runs a high risk of the chest not activating for the clearer after the boss dies
    - 2nd boss red splashes often not drawn or sometimes are drawn AFTER the floor/ceiling switch

FBI
    - apart from invisible wall at Hati bug, also
    - if Drufi spawns the ice too close to the door, it does not protect the group from Winter Demise leading to group wipe

Chult
    - leaving House of Crocodile can get you stuck in the building entrance/ground
    - Venomshots at the Templars quest location still spawn inside the "rock" (one or two at a time) and cannot be targetted from outside the rock
    - mobs spawning/moving onto mounds in relic temples are untargettable and not affected by aoes

MSP
    - campfire before 2nd boss not allowing loadout switch
    - Kabal sometimes never spawns the fireball with chain which is supposed to make him lose immunity, just keeps spawning mobs and the grounded fireballs, the only "fix" for it is party wipe
    - entering Kabal zone can glitch group members into rubberbanding to the entrance spot

RD
    - HEs (nostura/gyrion/kabal) getting bugged:
    1. leader not coming down from its "perch" after mobs kill
    2. leader not spawning at all even at the "perch"
    3. 2nd or 3rd wave of mobs not spawning or spawning only in half if the wave consists of 2 groups of mobs (happens most often at nostura)

MC
    players getting stuck in the 2nd part with a horde of mobs to kill and unable to get to part 3 to join the rest of the party

Warlock daily skill Gates of Hell
    - impossible to cast on some terrains (e.g. in most of Chult temples' area)
    - makes plenty of "empty casts" even on seemingly even terrain (you get the sound, you get the casting animation of the toon, but the daily is not cast...)
    - sometimes spawns before the targetted mobs in spite of casting it behind them
    - sometimes spawns but does no damage in spite of being close enough to mobs...

• Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Recently I decided to make a new toon and leveled him up to 70 .Was wondering about the Periapt of Everfrost Reisitance that gives + 30% Ever Frost Resistance and is Bound ( Character).Was that a one time only deal or is it some task I must do to get that item for my new guy? Was thinking it was something you sent in the mail but have not received it.
  • Options
    Also, not sure if that was already mentioned, but

HR passive Aspect of the Pack is still bugged with lvl 4 of it giving less boost than lvl 3, right?
  • Options
    bratleyraybratleyray Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    > @hawkeyel said:
    > Recently I decided to make a new toon and leveled him up to 70 .Was wondering about the Periapt of Everfrost Reisitance that gives + 30% Ever Frost Resistance and is Bound ( Character).Was that a one time only deal or is it some task I must do to get that item for my new guy? Was thinking it was something you sent in the mail but have not received it.

Im pretty sure you need to do the starter quests to receive it.

[The Legendary Outlaws] (Guildhall 20)

• Options
    lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    hawkeyel said:

Recently I decided to make a new toon and leveled him up to 70 .Was wondering about the Periapt of Everfrost Reisitance that gives + 30% Ever Frost Resistance and is Bound ( Character).Was that a one time only deal or is it some task I must do to get that item for my new guy? Was thinking it was something you sent in the mail but have not received it.

Finish the opening quests of Bryn Shander and you'll receive it. When it was added, it was sent in the mail to people who had already finished those quests.

So if you'd opened Bryn Shander, your characters got it in the mail. If you hadn't (and new characters, of course, haven't) you get it from the opening quests.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

HR passive Aspect of the Pack is still bugged with lvl 4 of it giving less boost than lvl 3, right?

From what I have heard, that is actually already fixed on preview and might even release with mod 12b.

HR offhand artifact power strength of the Pack only functions up to rank 3. Ranking the HR skill Str of Pack to 4 breaks the offhand bonus.

This one should actually be fixed in the upcoming module, 12B.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12991413

You can read all (I say "all" but I could have missed some) of the developer comments from the bugfix thread here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1235050/unofficial-bugfix-october-dev-response-compilation

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Also i'm not sure if you fixed that yet but when you are on Bryan shandar, there is the wind sound, then no matter what map or dunjeon you go, the sound of wind will keep playing in loop unless you close the game and log back.

There's a similar issue with the audio that plays when the gates in With Fen open. I find it doesn't generally happen from running Witch Fen just once, but if I run it a few times, the gate creaking sound gets stuck on and plays constantly until I restart the game client.

Also has anyone reported the bug where the boon of "Displace fate" from the Maze Engine causes your armour to constantly ooze blood?

Reported as fixed, but seems to have missed being added to @darthtzarr 's thread somehow.

None of the cutscenes in CN are skippable, either, and since the majority of cutscenes in the game are, this appears to be a bug

The true majority of cutscenes can't be skipped. The most recently added content is more likely to have cutscenes that can be skipped, but not being able to skip is the game's default position on cutscenes.

Mighty Blade (GWF feat) doesn't buff "AoE Powers" but instead just modifies a list of powers. It is missing Weapon Master Strike (GWF at-will) at minimum.

I'll say this again, if the tooltip describes the area of damage as Burst, Mighty Blade will apply. Other powers that can hit multiple targets but that describe their field of damage as Cone or something else will not have Mighty Blade applied. The feat indicates that it should apply to any power that can hit multiple targets.

No, this is fixed in 12b.

------------------------------------------

More bugs, or at least things that players are honked off about enough that the devs should treat them as bugs even if they meant them to work this way. All Strongholds related.

Influence bonuses do not apply to Stronghold Marauders or quests from boon structures. Applies to both Stronghold Cleric companion bonus and 2x Influence event. If these are meant to apply to ONLY Influence from Heroic Encounters, they should clearly indicate this. Counterpoint, if they are not meant to apply their bonus to every player-generated source of Influence, both companion and event are something of a ripoff.

Heroic Shards from completing a major SH HE are on a personal cooldown. Boon structure Influence quests are on a personal cooldown. We've repeatedly asked for all quests/rewards to reset at the global time so that we don't need to expend unreasonable mental effort to remember when we'll be eligible again, particularly when performing activities on multiple alts.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options

Also has anyone reported the bug where the boon of "Displace fate" from the Maze Engine causes your armour to constantly ooze blood?

Reported as fixed, but seems to have missed being added to @darthtzarr 's thread somehow.
    No it has been there the whole time. It's in the 3rd note.

• Options
    Cold Run teleport gate can only be used by 1 person at a time. If a teleporting player freezes or crashes, the rest can get stuck unable to leave the area, especially that Cold Run maps tend to be few and often filled to maximum (making it impossible to switch instances to get to unlocked teleport).
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Reported as fixed, but seems to have missed being added to darthtzarr 's thread somehow.
    No it has been there the whole time. It's in the 3rd note.
    My bad. I glossed right over that and was looking at later replies in depth. Forgot how early that was reported fixed.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2017

The cutscene right after the very first fight in Castle Never dismounts everybody
    None of the cutscenes in CN are skippable, either, and since the majority of cutscenes in the game are, this appears to be a bug
    Unskippable cutscenes get pretty grating after a thousand runs, and you asked for the things that annoyed us the most

Wilfred?!

The cutscene before fighting Orcus is skippable.

Cutscenes should logically be all skippable or none of them.

I agree that unskippable sutscenes in dungeons can quickly get annoying, so making them all unskippable would be a nightmare. I already hear "We are agreed then my Lord Lostmauth" in my sleep.

On the other hand, if all cutscenes were skippable new players may never get the opportunity of watching them. But then I've never seen the cutscenes before Avatar of Orcus and Ras Nsi and I can live with it.
  • Options
    ulvien123ulvien123 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Elemental Empowerment Bug (CW Thaum Feat)

From testing it and seeing how it performs inside dungeons, it seems neither Creeping Frost or Warped Magics follow the crit chance of the wizard that procced it. I run with 100% Crit chance on live and currently, Creeping Frost's crit chance is somewhere between 50%-60%, meanwhile Warped Magics' Crit chance lies between 30%-40% (Over the course of a whole dungeon run). I'm pretty certain that this is a bug with both powers as all things in game should either follow the crit chance of your toon, or cannot crit at all.

Also, Warped Magics seems to not be benefiting from the same amount of debuffs as Creeping Frost. As shown here: https://pasteboard.co/GNxU1tw.png Is this the correct behaviour?

Aside from the fact that there's a 35% difference in weapon damage between these two powers (Creeping Frost dealing 85% weapon damage whilst Warped Magics deals 50%), is there a reason why Warped Magics generally hits 1/4 of Creeping Frost's damage? Even when it is supposed to ignore half of targets resistance.

• Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Guys, this is a rare and wonderful opportunity to work with the devs to get something many people have longed for for years: Bug Fixes

I know we all appreciate it, and would love to have it happen again whenever possible, because we all know that every bug in the game could not possibly be addressed in one month

What would be really, really bad is if the next time @rgutscheradev asked for some time and some devs to do something like this again, every body said "Yeah I remember that! We asked for the bugs that annoyed them the most and they gave us a 30 page thread with every bug that was already in our backlog! Plus, there was a lot of off-topic arguing we had to sift through... it would be easier to just go into our backlog and grab the bugs we already know about since the players really were no help"
  • Options
    preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User

Summary: We want to fix the bugs that annoy you the most. Help us out!

Of course, we’re NOT going to be able to fix them all, not even close. But hopefully we can fix a lot, and hopefully we can focus on ones that are the worst for you all. (That’s why we’re doing it with a forum thread, rather than just working from our own bug backlog -- we want to hit the ones you care about the most!)

• Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    eldritchx said:

eldritchx said:

Aura of Courage:

Scales off of the HP of the player that triggers it, not the HP of the oathbound paladin. This is not the intended behavior per the tooltip, despite what many 2nd or 3rd language English speakers may think.

What possessive adjective would a presumably first language English speaker choose for 'You and allies within 30' ' instead?

@eldritchx let me quote the full tooltip:
    tooltip said:

You and allies within 30' of you deal 1% of your Maximum Hit Points as bonus Radiant Damage.

"You and allies" <-Subject of the sentence. Please note, it distinguishes between you (the OP) and allies (presumably not OPs) as 2 different groups. It then follows that the, "your" in this case refers to 1 of the groups, the group that you are in. This is how I read it and I am bug reporting it as a result.

If I was going to state that the damage doesn't scale off of the OPs HP and instead scales off each individuals HP, I would state:

"Each player within 30' deals 1% of their Maximum Hit Points as Radiant Damage."

It is clear what is intended in the above sentence, every individual player, deals 1% of their own maximum hp as radiant damage.</p>
    It is imprecise and ambiguous, but it definitely is not clear that the possessive adjective your is singular and refers to only one of the groups in the subject, and in particular, you.

Example: "You and the others must check your coats at the door." surely should not be taken to mean that only you check your coat.
    Regardless of how it is worded, the fact that anyone other than the OP is getting .09% of HP as damage...IS a BUG.
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    This is not a bug but a Dev oversight in my opinion. In the newest area Chult, companions are only doing 20-35% of their potential damage thanks to no base armor penetration. This makes it so there are now only 3 real companions that is usable if the intent is to help kill things faster, whether that is solo or in groups.

REBEL MERCENARY, CON ARTIST, and SELL SWORD.

This can be helped to some degree by giving companions a BASE Armor Penetration stat.
    Suggest 20% for green, 40% for blue, 60% for purple and 80% for orange.

Test example using the most damaging companion available and bonuses.

Legendary rated Shadow Demon using Warlord's Inspiration (+20% comp bonus from Insignia) and Epic Boar (+100% comp crit severity) dps test on dummies in Port N.

Normal dummy: 9.0k dps
    Boss dummy: 5:0k dps

Please change this, it is highly irritating that companions
    1) are so useless for dps.
    2) are very limited which you should use for any real effect.
    3) were so expensive to upgrade.
    4) were most helpful early on to a character but have become steadily less useful as content progresses.

I
  • Options
    cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    (Reposting using the "Bug Format" as per Moderator statement, with additional info)
    @rgutscheradev

1) BUG Lostmauth set procs rarely or not at all on GWF with most weapon enchantments. For example, out of 100+ crits, I'm only seeing 5-7 procs. I have verified this with ACT for Trans Lightning, Feytouched, Terror, and manually reviewing combatlogs. With Vorpal, though - I get procs off the set. This basically makes Vorpal your only option.

2) BUG: Owlbear cub procs rarely on OP. Out of 100+ non crit encounters (TW, etc) - less than 5 procs. I have verified this with ACT and manually reviewing combatlogs. It seems similar to #1 above, as when I equip a Vorpal - I get OBC procs. However, it appears that the proc does NOT hit multiple targets, even when using an AOE like Templars Wrath. It seems counter intuitive that the only weapon enchant that fires a companion power designed to work off NON crits... only works if you have a weapon enchant that buffs crits.....

3) BUG: Unstoppable unable to be triggered in Chult. If you get controlled by a yuan-ti, you often cannot proc Unstoppable for an undetermined length of time (and no, I'm not under the effects of the paralyze). Other times (even outside of Chult, I typically notice it in dungeons) it just doesn't fire, even when fighting say.. compys, etc. The only fix seems to be to go out of combat, stay out of combat, and wait for it to drop below 1/2 meter, then generally it fires next times it's "charged up".

4) BUG: Shift mechanic on OP seems to be quite often delayed 1-3 seconds, or doesn't start at all. This leads to spamming the SHIFT button and not having Sanctuary sometimes when really needed.

5) BUG: Wicked Strike - can we fix the weird time travel "I'm on roller skates" rubber bandy lag fest?

6) BUG: Indomitable Battle Strike (encounter) - When used, there are times it fires, animation shows, it goes on cooldown - and hits absolutely nothing, even when multiple mobs are directly in front of you. In further testing, it appears to happen more often when I've spun to "target" a larger group of mobs in a pack, and fire it too quickly.

7) (Possible?) BUG: Hidden Daggers - is it WAI that each time we fire this we skid backwards? If not, can we stop sliding back several steps each time we fire it off? It's hard enough to latch back onto mobs sometimes under non IV builds. Can we also review the buff listing for this as well? It doesn't seem to buff as many powers as it should.

8) (Possible?) BUG: Make Mighty Blade great again for GWF!! :0 It does not seem to buff most AOE type powers. EDIT: Noting @beckylunatic response - is this WAI?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Bugs!

Normal (should have these renamed to Moderate too would be nice) Soulforged enchantment doesn't function. It doesn't display the visuals, doesn't show up on the buff bar, and doesn't revive you if you die.

To be continued ...

• Options
    sth0r#7708 sth0r Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    When: killing more that 60 enemies in the stronghold for My Only Enemy is Time
    Excpected Result: Tire 3 reward unlocked
    Actual Result: Only Tire 2 reward is unlocked
    Severity: doomsday level
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    eldritchx said:

Edit the example to say "check your weapons at the door" for a better analogy, because more like hit points, an individual is more likely to possess multiples of these than coats.

I definitely agree that there are clearer ways it could have been phrased, but Neverwinter's track record with tooltips is not something I would define as precise and reliable in indicating intent

@eldritchx do you believe it is intended that other players should be stacking defensive stats to take advantage of a buff provided by an OP? I cannot think of another example in this game where for a buff provided by 1 class to be effective for you, you need to invest into something else. Anointed Army maybe indirectly, since it becomes more effective by having bondings, but players get bondings regardless of its existence. Every other scaling buff has scaled off of the player who provides the buff inproving their own character, not on how developed their team is in a particular fashion.
  • Options
    dragonlord#1931 dragonlord Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Since last 4 updates the Unstoppable mode triggered by R1 button is bugged once more. You need to press it several times for it to trigger. Unstoppable is our main way of survivability and damage. By the time it triggers you are either dead or losing tons of damage. Opened a thread on reddit also and there was informed that other classes have the same problem too sometimes. Some guy metion this happening on PC too. Did some testing and some of the encounters dont work optimally also Daring shout for example. Please look into this you have fixed it before in the past and said on a oatch note that was caused by buffs if I recall correctly. Until then the Gwfs are actualy ruined and almost unplayable in top tier content. Thank you in advance for a speedy resolve on the matter
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    @thefabricant Any sane dps would prefer that AOC was based on the OP's HP, especially with the hit to our stats coming in mod 12b. I have comitted myself to a high hp cw build and would love to reshuffle back to pure offensive stats. Clarification on this would be greatly appreciated BEFORE we all start upgrading after mod 12b hits.
This discussion has been closed.