test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Loadouts theorycrafting

2»

Comments

• aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    ^^ Yeah that's pretty much it.
    Keep Longstrider's / Gushing up, and just Aimed shot it to death.

If it's a non-moving target, Rain of arrows too.
  • stefoid#1036 stefoid Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    I wonder if some fast shooting encounter like Hindering shot and a Dread enchantment might be good for the archery tree?

hinder/aimed/hinder/aimed....
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

I wonder if some fast shooting encounter like Hindering shot and a Dread enchantment might be good for the archery tree?

No, hinder has bad damage, and once you're out of those 3 charges, you're out. You want powers you can have up with 100% uptime like split the sky and thorn ward. Last one boils on what you need more, rain of arrows for more mob control/boss damage, or buffing with longstriders/debuffing with stag.
  • stefoid#1036 stefoid Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

No, hinder has bad damage, and once you're out of those 3 charges, you're out. You want powers you can have up with 100% uptime like split the sky and thorn ward. Last one boils on what you need more, rain of arrows for more mob control/boss damage, or buffing with longstriders/debuffing with stag.
    yeah, I didnt think about thorn ward - makes sense - set it off and you can continue to shoot. I figured that the Aimed shot cooldown might make hindering pretty much permanently available if you alternate (-1s per aimed shot). But if its not doing any more damage on a crit than aimed shot would be anyway, then whats the point?

What do people think about combat adv bonus - seems to be very cost effecitve, like 100pts = 1% I have Kessels spheres and the Lantern of course, and now I am thinking of getting Horn of Valhalla because cheap and you get crit+CA. throw a blink Dog in there and I should be getting around +10% CA just from half epic artifacts and a companion.

Is there a level-off? If you have near 1800 pts CA from 3 artifacts do you really get +18% CA?
  • kleineryoda#3363 kleineryoda Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    No you don't get 18%. The special stats, like CA Bonus, AP gain, Incoming Healing Bonus, AoE resist ... have very hard dimnishing curves, and a hard cap at 11.36% I think (look up Janne.coreside for more information). It is mostly advisable to only have 2 artifacts of the same type. At 1200 stat points you get about 9% (or was it 10%?) But you won't get much higher even if you stack 10000 stat points.