test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    [PS4]

Hello, i dont know if it was reported yet but like i said previously as HB SW my puppet die imediately when it spawn with killing flammes.

• Yesterday i got a shaman mask from hunt and i have the same problem with the bonus.
    Whenever a batiri spawn from the bonus it dies imediately.

• Also i'm not sure if you fixed that yet but when you are on Bryan shandar, there is the wind sound, then no matter what map or dunjeon you go, the sound of wind will keep playing in loop unless you close the game and log back.
    This is by far one of the most anoying bug in this game for me.
    I already wrote several threads about this but never saw a fix in patch notes when you released mods.
  • carnjacarnja Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Transcendent Thunderhead animation constantly works when running with paladin with high critical strike using bond of virtue makes it near impossible to see
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    hr: orcus set doesn't proc with roots.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    <font color="red">Chat window bug : </font>

<font color="red">Could you please bring back the blinking bar (|) that disappeared from the input line.</font>

Never knowing if the chat input is active or not can quickly get irritating.
    Post edited by artifleur on
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    artifleur said:

Whether you like this behavior or not, @lowjohn has just explained where it comes from and why the devs can't, or at least won't, fix it.

You can yell "Wrong!" and "Bug!" all you like, it won't make a difference.

No, he did NOT explain it at all. He explained why empty instances are removed and when that happens that you end up where you were before. But he did NOT explain why you are not transferred back to an EXISTING instance. And instance that existed when you left it for a queue and still exists when you leave the queue again. Check it out for yourself with a guildmate.

And btw, when I enter TMS with a party, leave and return, I end up in the very same, because still existing instance. So no, @lowjohn did not explain the whole thing. He did not explain what I still think is a bug.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User

Barkshield is nullified because all though the tooltip reads you get 4 charges at transcendent, they are dismissed by any damage. A single proc of feythistle for 300 damage, for example, takes away your first charge which should protect you from 80K damage. WIth boons like these flying around in PVP, the stacks are shredded instantaneously making it useless there.

When I first saw the Barkshield I had two thoughts:

- it's ugly as sin
    - how can I loose a stack that suppose to absorb say...20k when I got hit with 3k?

Both above were a nono for me and I keep it there.

On the other hand, should Barkshield worked like it was described, and would protect the player for a total of 200k on 4 stack at Trans, even more in Unpar - that would be way off.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    > @checkmatein3 said:
    > Ice Wind Dale PvP Achievement Resurrect Allies never counts when you resurrect an ally, either in the Pass or Dwarven Valley.

I would like to echo this.

Additionally I haven't been able to complete Double and Triple kills in Dwarven Valley (and I'm short of 3 double kills only). It is not working either while the event is active or not.
  • ulvien123ulvien123 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Thank you for fixing the bugs with Storm Spell and Teleport. :smile:

Here are three other quite big annoying bugs relating to set bonuses and proccing off a crit:
    1. Orcus Set Bonus does not work with some powers.

CW Powers that do not benefit from Orcus Set:
      • Steal Time.
      • Conduit of Ice.
      • Smoulder.
      • Furious Immolation.
      I only play CW, so I can only say what works with their powers. I am sure other classes have similar problems.

2. Lostmauth's Set Bonus does not proc most of the time when using a scaling weapon enchantment.

3. Magistrate's Consideration does not work most of the time with scaling weapon enchants similarly to Lostmauth's Set Bonus.
    When I say 'does not work' or 'does not proc', I mean off of the base power; not on the weapon enchantments damage bonus.

Thanks,
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Aura of Courage:

Scales off of the HP of the player that triggers it, not the HP of the oathbound paladin. This is not the intended behavior per the tooltip, despite what many 2nd or 3rd language English speakers may think. Furthermore, allies do not benefit from the rank bonus of Aura of Courage, meaning it does more than 40% less damage for them then for the OP.

Orcus Set:
    If you as an ally are wearing the orcus set and a paladin is nearby, your Aura of Courage damage is not increased by the set bonus.

In addition, the following CW abilities do not benefit from the set bonus:

Conduit of Ice.
    Steal Time.
    The Arc and DoT from Sudden Storm on mastery.
    Shard of Endless Avalanche.
    Furious Immolation.
    Smoulder.
    Arcane Power Field.

Frost Wave:

Procs without being slotted on Oppressive Force and Maelstrom of Chaos.

Smoulder Stacking:

It is possible to stack Rimefire and Smoulder, which also causes the applicable CW class feature, Swath of Destruction to stack. This can be done in the following ways:

Cast Furious Immolation and then a cold spell. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXmebjptxxY
    Cast a Daily power that does not apply Chill with Combustive Action slotted, then deal damage with a non Chill power, then apply Chill. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOhJb5O3g2Q&amp;feature=youtu.be
    Crit with Icy Terrain whilst Critical Conflagration is slotted.

Combustive Action:

Applies to the caster when you use Oppressive Force.

Mirage Set:

Procs things independantly of the user. On CW, they multiproc Abyss of Chaos, Weapon Enchantments, Storm Spell, Creeping Frost, Smoulder, Spell Twisting, and Aura of Courage. You can also use them to apply the debuffs of weapon enchantments multiple times. To do this with for example Bronzewood, trigger the set without applying the debuff (for example, attack empty air with icy terrain) then attack the dummy with an at will and wait for them to attack it. After this, apply the debuff yourself.

Frozen Power Transfer:

The stacks for successive applications are refreshed and overwritten. What this means is, if you hit 3 enemies with the third cast once and then hit one enemy with the third cast the next time, the next time, you will lose 2 stacks of the buff as 2 of the stacks will be overwritten by 1 stack.

Imprisonment on Control Immune Targets:

Will grant CC immune targets damage immunity for the full duration, while not CCing them.
    Post edited by thefabricant on
  • kleineryoda#3363 kleineryoda Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Stag Heart (Commanding Shot melee) is broken at rank 4
    Stag Heart Rank 4 is only applying temp HP to on ally in range (like rank 1) instead it should buff the group.

Bronzewood stacks
    While you are checking the Bronzewood debuffs: I'm not getting the personal 16% debuff on DoT bleeds (Gushing Wound, Aimed Strike), but only get a 5% group debuff. Tested on a dummy, applied the Bronzewood Mark with Thorn Strike and then applied At-Wills. Split Strike and Rapid Strike are getting 20.9% debuff (which I assume is 16% personal + 5% group incl diminishing returns). Apperantly this also happens with the debuff from Ambush - are the bleeds generally meant to not receive debuffs? [Link]

Hunter Ranger Dodge Mechanic
    The immunity frame/time and the dodge animation for hunters are out of sync. [Link]
    An additional suggestion would be to increase the range of this dodge - I often only get to the edge of a red area, whereas I fall of the ledge with my trickster rogue.

Combat Animation
    Don't know if anyone else has this: When I switch loadouts and switch stances I stay in combat mode - visually. I can shop and talk to NPC's and all, but visually I'm walking like in combat, until switching stances again - I only have this on melee stance on the secondary loadout.

Hunter Ranger pedicure (suggestion)
    Can we please stop looking at our feet *.*

EDIT: Colours. Now it's all red :#
    Post edited by kleineryoda#3363 on
  • tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Also has anyone reported the bug where the boon of "Displace fate" from the Maze Engine causes your armour to constantly ooze blood?
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • eldritchxeldritchx Member Posts: 28 Arc User

Aura of Courage:

Scales off of the HP of the player that triggers it, not the HP of the oathbound paladin. This is not the intended behavior per the tooltip, despite what many 2nd or 3rd language English speakers may think.

What possessive adjective would a presumably first language English speaker choose for 'You and allies within 30' ' instead?

• tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Also has anyone reported the bug where the boon of "Displace fate" from the Maze Engine causes your armour to constantly ooze blood?

No bug:

Bug:

I know that it might be hard to notice, but if you squint really, really, really hard you will notice that my entire armour looks like I just bathed in the insides of a ram.
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    kemi1984 said:

On the other hand, should Barkshield worked like it was described, and would protect the player for a total of 200k on 4 stack at Trans, even more in Unpar - that would be way off.

200k is about the average a boss hits for these days. Players hit for well over 200k regularly.

I've run barkshield since I got my first coal ward; its old behavior was tremendously useful; I think it will be almost useless with the 12b changes. I've made sure to grab my 9 shards of soulforged for 12b (speaking of driving all players to a single option).
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited October 2017

Courage breaker stacks with any slows. I think I read someone asking about this. So CBing someone then putting them in SB from stealth (this adds a slow effect) then using cloud of steel with offhand feature (CoS becomes a slow then) Causes a character to simply stop moving.

I posted 3 videos of it. You don't even need CoS offhand feature for it to work. Courage Break and Smokebomb is all you need. CoS does do work with it though of course. @sgrantdev#8718 did see those videos, hopefully a fix for it will be included soon.
    theguiido said:
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    eldritchx said:

Aura of Courage:

Scales off of the HP of the player that triggers it, not the HP of the oathbound paladin. This is not the intended behavior per the tooltip, despite what many 2nd or 3rd language English speakers may think.

What possessive adjective would a presumably first language English speaker choose for 'You and allies within 30' ' instead?

@eldritchx let me quote the full tooltip:
    tooltip said:

You and allies within 30' of you deal 1% of your Maximum Hit Points as bonus Radiant Damage.

"You and allies" <-Subject of the sentence. Please note, it distinguishes between you (the OP) and allies (presumably not OPs) as 2 different groups. It then follows that the, "your" in this case refers to 1 of the groups, the group that you are in. This is how I read it and I am bug reporting it as a result.

If I was going to state that the damage doesn't scale off of the OPs HP and instead scales off each individuals HP, I would state:

"Each player within 30' deals 1% of their Maximum Hit Points as Radiant Damage."

It is clear what is intended in the above sentence, every individual player, deals 1% of their own maximum hp as radiant damage.
    edited October 2017
    If you do a race re-roll from HUMAN to DRAGONBORN you will lose 3 random points from the build forcing you to use a respec.

Using a Race Re-roll let's you choose another Race along with it's abilities. It will NOT give you a respec.

Possible solution: Give a respec with a race re-roll.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1229725/race-re-roll-from-human-to-dragonborn
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    More Bugs:

Tiamat Black Dragon Head Bug:
    After Tiamat has been weakened, if a player crosses the red line surrounding Tiamat before it disappears, it can bug the black dragon head. When the black dragon head becomes bugged, it vanishes for the rest of that Tiamat run and that Tiamat run becomes impossible to complete as a result. This is a very old and extremely common bug.

Tiamat Delayed Death Bug:
    When your team successfully reduces Tiamat to 0 health and there is less than 6 seconds left on the timer, Tiamat will fail to die and another round of protecting the clerics will start. This is also an old and extremely common bug.

Mount + Cape Visuals Bug:
    When you are mounted, any cloak/cape you are wearing becomes invisible. I own 118 mounts and the only one that does not have this bug is the whirlwind mount.
    This bug has been around for a while and I have seen many people mention their frustrations with it in game. I have had this bug myself for many mods at this point and it never goes away.

Que Chat Bug:
    When you are in a que group and you log out and back in again, you are unable to talk in the que group chat. Sometimes the que group chat disappears from your chat list entirely when this happens, other times, you simply try to type but no message appears when you hit enter. You can fix it by leaving the que and having the que leader re-invite you to que group.

Guild Tag Bug:
    If you have the "show alliance title" box in your character sheet unchecked, change your title, and then log out and back in again, your guild tag for all locations except your character sheet is toggled off and replaced with your alliance tag. This bug causes lots of annoyance for guilds and is very common. You can fix it by checking and then unchecking the show alliance title box but given how often it reoccurs, guilds often end up telling members over and over again to fix their guild tag when it gets toggled off by mistake.

--
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
    edited October 2017
    Here is another bug that used to plague me all the time, I just tried to replicate it in game with no success.
    I am unsure if it is fixed or not, it may be that its still there but does not occur 100% of the time.
    Does anybody else remember having this bug within the last month?
    If it still exists, I'd love to have it fixed as it used to annoy me to no end:

Party Invite Bug:
    This bug used to occur when you tried to invite a player to your party who is already in a party. This would cause a bug that made it so you were no longer able to invite anybody to your party. You could fix it by leaving party and getting somebody else to give you a party invite.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    Not so much of a bug but a lore issue:

The statue in front of Bryn Shander is the one of Tiago Beanre and is clearly missing his famous shield.
    @nitocris83 please inform the lore master of this oversight.
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Another GF Feat Bug:

Crushing Pin: Does not stack properly with other Control Powers (Encounters, and Dailies).

Example:

Terrifying Impact adds Crushing Pin, and can stack with a Bull Charge and vice versa.

But Indomitable Strength adds 1 Stack of Crushing Pin but, does not stack with a Bull Charge or any other Control Power.

Frontline Surge adds Crushing Pin but a follow up of another Control Power does not provide another stack.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    vida44 said:

Not so much of a bug but a lore issue:

The statue in front of Bryn Shander is the one of Tiago Beanre and is clearly missing his famous shield.
    @nitocris83 please inform the lore master of this oversight.

...Or better yet, add the shield to the game, and develop a quest to go find it. Maybe the statue once held the actual shield, and it was an artifact. Maybe the statue's shield is a spectacular transmute. Maybe it's just an oversized normal shield that some players would like to carry for its comical effect. Whatever it is, it would be really cool if you were _supposed_ to return it, but could _opt_ to keep it. Maybe the next time you interact with an NPC while carrying it, they recognize it and you get to return it or lie and keep it (to close the quest)

I always enjoyed the non-main-line quests in other games that you learn about from reading the lore.
    edited October 2017
    micky1p00 said:

CA is unfortunately added to crit severity, this means the added DPS from it is significantly lower than what it should be.

I personally would love to see CA damage separated from crit severity and then a feat, rotation synergy around it. As it's also a positioning mechanic that supposed to make the combat more interesting, but for now it's tuned down..

@rgutscheradev

The above is an old quote from @micky1p00 in the thread, Trickster Rogue Class Balance Sugestions.
    This isn't a bug exactly but I can't stress enough how nice it would be for this to be fixed.
    Combat advantage damage is watered down a lot because it is tied to critical severity, these 2 stats should be seperated so CA does more damage.
    There seem to be a lot of people who want to see CA damage play a bigger role in NW, a lot of people in that old thread tried to come up with various mechanics that work off of CA and I've heard people mention it elseware too.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • kaudilhokaudilho Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    @ctatumdev#6113 @rgutscheradev
    Bug: The main source of Hunter Ranger damage in trapper tree feat "thorned roots" doesn't benefit from most of new archons(air,eath,not sure about water but who even cares about it), the wierd thing that fire archon works well, can we pls have fix for this.
    Post edited by kaudilho on
    Harding Grim
    Guild:
    Dragon Server-Essence of Aggression
    Drider Server- TheWolves
    youtube channel
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

Here is another bug that used to plague me all the time, I just tried to replicate it in game with no success.
    I am unsure if it is fixed or not, it may be that its still there but does not occur 100% of the time.
    Does anybody else remember having this bug within the last month?
    If it still exists, I'd love to have it fixed as it used to annoy me to no end:

Party Invite Bug:
    This bug used to occur when you tried to invite a player to your party who is already in a party. This would cause a bug that made it so you were no longer able to invite anybody to your party. You could fix it by leaving party and getting somebody else to give you a party invite.

As far as I can tell that bug happened 100% of the time until a few weeks ago. But it does not happen to me anymore, but I can not give an exact date. I guess it was (ninja?) fixed.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Moderator Note: As a reminder, for this was forgotten to be added to this thread's opening posts:
    When posting in Official Feedback Threads in Preview, please adhere to the following. This applies to all Official Feedback Threads in the Preview Forums, whether or not this footnote is posted in them. We will generally always try to remind folks of this formatting when making new Official Feedback Threads. Sometimes this footnote slips our mind though.
    Never-the-less, it should be adhered to. Thanks!

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
    If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
    Bug: When I click on a random queue for the first time after opening the queue window the rewards don't display any values.

Feedback: Hero's Accord is a silly name, name it something else!
    If you have feedback on the color choice, please make your own thread on this here in the Preview Feedback Forum or post in an already existent one if there is one, as this thread is not the place for such.

Also, please keep the reports in this thread primarily focused on
    Bug Reports. Excessive postings of Feedback will be removed as this thread's focus is on Bug Reports.

Please do not reply to this Moderator Notice, as doing so is not allowed per the Rules & Policies and would just serve to add off topic replies to this thread. Thanks!
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Bug
    <font color=red> To add to the powers not working with Orcus set, HR's Gushing Wounds and Careful attack and (thorned roots I believe) are not modified by it's bonus either. </font>
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Swapping loadouts dumps all of your removed gear into your overflow bag rather than into any of the open spaces in your inventory

Female toon sized holes in MSPC that only female toons react to

Griffon mounts tip over

mobs in elol wont hop off the cliff at the end right before the final fight - you have to run out of the room and jump in the lava as a group or the whole group has to "defeat me" then re-approach to get them to hop down.

house of the crocodile mobs spawing in the leg of the sitting statue that you can't hit

MSPC the big giant eyeball that spawns in the doorframe at the end of a section - spawns IN the doorframe and gets stuck.
    Multiple defeat me's required to get him out of the door.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    The cutscene right after the very first fight in Castle Never dismounts everybody
    None of the cutscenes in CN are skippable, either, and since the majority of cutscenes in the game are, this appears to be a bug
    Unskippable cutscenes get pretty grating after a thousand runs, and you asked for the things that annoyed us the most

Wilfred?!
This discussion has been closed.