test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

testing weapons enchantments

13»

Comments

• tacobeast94tacobeast94 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    @rjc9000 your document is currently saying that it has not been published whenever I click on the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_nsKUaVsPnM105wnnxmcNvZ3ZrC5BN0s2hgNYjvEqKQ/pub

Could you please fix it? Me and a buddy are getting into the nitty-gritty of the HR and your document is extremely helpful. Thanks again for doing all of that testing, it's greatly appreciated.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    edited July 2017

@rjc9000 your document is currently saying that it has not been published whenever I click on the link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_nsKUaVsPnM105wnnxmcNvZ3ZrC5BN0s2hgNYjvEqKQ/pub

Could you please fix it? Me and a buddy are getting into the nitty-gritty of the HR and your document is extremely helpful. Thanks again for doing all of that testing, it's greatly appreciated.

That is intentional.

I purposely took it down to update for Mod12 debuff changes, finding which of the Bilethorn 2nd hits Crit, which of the Lightning bursts crit, and so on.

I'm going to attempt to finish and release the unified master version by Mod12 launch, as I felt kind of guilty that I had a better work ethic on it during my hectic school schedule than I do when I don't have much to do (now).

Sume just posted a weapon enchant test on YouTube. Should put some of the questions to rest.

Well, good thing an expert who knows their stuff can give a reccomendation.

I don't claim to be an HR expert, just the guy who, in the words of a certain egghead "can copy a test multiple times for other classes".

Post edited by rjc9000 on

Sume just posted a weapon enchant test on YouTube. Should put some of the questions to rest.

Wait a second... where is Sume's weapon enchant guide?

I heard a few things about it from a certain CW with soiled pants...

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

Wait a second... where is Sume's weapon enchant guide?

I heard a few things about it from a certain CW with soiled pants...
    >.>

https://youtu.be/3kNa2H8ZQ8Y?t=676
    Ahaha, so you do admit it!

*prepares joke about Duck's nickname being correct*

• clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    Did you test the archery path, if not then could I assume that vorpal is the best because one is more reliant on at wills than the encounter powers for the other paths.
    Archery HRs exist? I think you mean "squishy mob bait".

There's no point in testing on a specific feat path for a class. The reasoning for this is because abilities aren't exclusive to a single feat choice, and abilities recieve the benefits of the buffs and debuffs of the ability which procs them (with some wacky exceptions).

Barring the wacky exceptions (Bilethorn y u no Crit on some abilities?), the DPS Increase of the weapon enchant should remain the same regardless of whether you toss in buffs or not. The DPS increase formula is, in simplified terms:

Damage of Weapon Enchant/Damage of Ability

If I applied, say,a Longstrider's buff to your character, due to weapon enchants and abilities scaling with buffs, we would need to apply the Longstrider buff to both the weapon enchant and ability. Which would make the formula:

1.4 * (Weapon Enchant Damage)/1.4*(Damage of Ability)

If you simpify the fraction, just changes the formula back to its original form. 1.4/1.4 = 1.0 and 1.0 times anything is itself due to the identity property.

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Sume...if you see this...great video.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Note for feytouched. Encounters that don't break it, foxes, plantgrowth and gushing, you can use longstriders too, don't use cordon. Everything else seems either not to apply it fully (both buff symbols on your bar) or put it on CD.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    I don't understand this, the Dread enchantment works off encounter powers. If an archery HR is getting most of its damage from electric shot and long shot, then I cannot not see how Dread could be considered the same for all the other HR paths.
    Forgot to add " DPS Increase per each ability".

Obviously, Dread on an at-will focused class would be an extremely poor idea for increasing your overall DPS.

• nirafelosnirafelos Member Posts: 113 Arc User

I don't understand this, the Dread enchantment works off encounter powers. If an archery HR is getting most of its damage from electric shot and long shot, then I cannot not see how Dread could be considered the same for all the other HR paths.

He's not saying that Dread is the same for all HR paths, he's saying that Dread's percentage contribution to any specific ability is the same for all HR paths.

Since he's not an HR, he's not trying to analyze the data at all, just to present it (which is an incredibly wonderful and generous thing for him to do).

It's up to us to take the data as presented and say, "Okay, sure, Dread would be the highest percentage increase on my encounter powers as [Combat, Archery], but my encounter powers are only responsible for 30% of my damage. So let's look at what would be the best overall increase for me based on my playstyle."

One thing I will immediately note is that it looks like it may be possible for a StS+TW+LSS Archer to reach very close to 100% uptime on LSS with a lightning enchant, if StS works like TW does and procs lightning chain / CDR on each tick.

Not sure if even that would be a competitive build, but it'd be better than Archery without high LSS uptime, at least?
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Hmmmm. Do you have the document uploaded else where? Would really like to see it and try and guesstimate some stuff with weapon enchant changes coming
  • david#2060 david Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Hi guys,

anyone have compared perfomence between Fey and dread, for trapper?

Look up Sume hr weapon enchant testing on YouTube. Has a full video breakdown on the enchants for hr builds.
    Dread still bis for trapper. Increases damage by about 40 percent.