test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Well, the most annoying thing that I've got remembered yesterday, but unsure if it's a bug or just highly unintended thing.

The problem: Boss fights with high burst having really absurd consequences. The most clear example when Nostura's effect stack up and basically wipes the whole party or when Drufi tries to AoE everyone down, but the ice summoning phase just got skipped, so it's a wipe too. But as bosses are getting complicated and relying on more mechanics, this can pop up now and then.
  • vaness12378vaness12378 Member Posts: 9 Arc User

theguiido said:

Question: @rgutscheradev Is this the only time you will be fixing bugs? Or do you plan on doing more in the future? It would be pretty nice to know October isn't the only time you plan on doing this, especially since there are SO MANY class specific bugs. Many of the class specific issues I really never see get fixed.

General Game Pet Peeves

I will edit this post more if more ideas come to mind.

There is no [Friend Log on Notify] for Xbox Players. PS4 and PC have this feature where you are able to see when a friend has logged on.

Garb of the Wild Noble fashion does not properly attach the mid section to the legs.

Shadow Demon in Open World PvP.

https://xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/ed21480f-dcd8-4d50-a292-f2251d84df0f

Guardian Fighter Bugs

Shield: When in Combat, Shield consistently goes up and down when the player is wanting to go into a defensive position and hold their shield up. It usually happens when an enemy player is about to use a daily, or a move like an encounter. It's been around for awhile and really hinders a GF survivability especially during those situations when you need your shield up the most.

Mark: Tab Primary Mark Focused Target's consistently lose there mark and sometimes you need to spam the Tab to keep it on. This is very annoying especially when trying to hold agro or trying to keep a Primary Focus Mark on an enemy player.

Strength Focus: How is the effectiveness of "Strength" increased? The video here clearly shows no ability score stats were increased, how exactly is it supposed to work because I have reports of people using it and then not using it and not really seeing a difference in damage or any attribute in Strength.

https://www.xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/59163b84-cb8c-49a1-b3ab-0f4c73158fca

Armor Specialization: Similar to above, how is the effectiveness of "Armor Class and Defense" increased? This video here shows no Armor Class was increased from before, and there was no increase in Damage Resistance in anyway.

https://www.xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/f8ae7dbf-e8b1-4ecf-bf83-2b0945906e56

Jagged Blades: Does not proc correctly. When using an Encounter or Daily sometimes Jagged Blades do not proc onto an enemy like it should.

Villain's Menace: Does not make you CC immune. This has been for a while. You are still able to be Prone, Knocked, Stunned, Dazed, Disabled, Rooted, Paralyzed, and Interrupted and also says (You cannot use this power). Also the Damage Resistance you gain while in the buff is not able to be seen as a stat. I know it is a buff, but for clarity reasons it should be a stat. The cast time is a huge issue as it takes very long to cast, and can easily be interrupted by CC. A QoL change would to change it so it also has a quicker cast time.

Indomitable Strength: Range issue: Uses the Players Action Points and does the animation, but the enemy is not Knocked or Prone, nor are they even hit with the move.

https://xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/6b3e8f30-0f18-4589-8430-f81c02c30b4b

Also @sgrantdev#8718 was looking into this issue, but I thought it would be worth it to also show you since this can also be a good opportunity for you to check it out and get it fixed.
    theguiido said:
    Yes, the shield bug and villain menace is on pc live too

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Ice Wind Pass:

Demonic Slaughter, Demonic Closure HEs spawn with Epic or Major? HE mobs, presumably due to the proximity of Mod 3 era HEs. Only the first wave is affected but it makes starting the HE more difficult. This bug also affects numerous non Heroic Encounter mobs around the Pass, including a Dire Bear and regular Bear menacing a caravan survivor (the pack in the forest, not on the rock) the group of Barbarians (2 Raiders, 2? Hunters and 1 Bear Rider) near the Lighting the Pass Beacon second from the top. The Frost Giant Berserker and 2 Winter Wolves at the ruined caravan. There are probably others.

Not exactly a bug, but the number of HEs in both IWP and DV really should be toned down. They were fine when the mod was new and people did them, now they just clutter up the countryside and get in the way. Plus, it's annoying to have Sgt. Knox constantly shouting at me to Destroy the Totem of Auril, Defeat the Barbarians, Stop the Corrupted Bears, Take Out the Trash etc... That last one may not have been Knox...

Quest objectives in Mod 3 and other places are still griefable. Many are documented in this thread:
    https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1223762/pc-ps4-xbox-feedback-stealable-or-griefable-quest-objectives/p1
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    pitshade said:

An additional visual bug in the vein of Becky's list: At rest shields don't actually connect to the owner if the shield. I used to think this was just an issue with female characters or certain bodystyles but it actually affects NPCs like the Master of the Hunt and that turncoat guy in Bryn Shander.

@gabrieldourden Care to explain exactly why you disagree with this post?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    Need to check that random number generator is working correctly for refining chances. No way for players to tell if it is but it seems that most long term players have experienced extremely poor results more than once (stuff like 40+ consecutive fails on a 25%) and I know people do win the lottery but they usually fin thems elves in groups of other lottery winners. It would be less frustrating if there were caps on the fail rates like ten times on a 10% chance.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    1) Pallys getting stuck in combat EVERYWHERE, PE, the Stronghold, the Port.
    2) the invisible wall after Hati
    3) dying in ToNG on the final boss and being put back in the middle of the dungeon
    4) mobs stuck in walls in the house of the crocodile
    5) mobs not jumping down to fight in eLoL that can't be targeted
    6) MSPC 2nd boss getting knocked off the platform and not being able to take damage
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Deflecting heals
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Bug/Easy Fix:
    HR's Slasher's Mark does not proc piercing blades. It is indeed a melee attack but does not proc the feat for some reason. Please fix.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    eliybeats said:

Bug/Easy Fix:

HR's Slasher's Mark does not proc piercing blades. It is indeed a melee attack but does not proc the feat for some reason. Please fix.

That's odd, I just tested it on live 2 days ago. I am quite sure it procced Piercing Blade. I was even in ranged stance when it procced it.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    > @pitshade said:
    > An additional visual bug in the vein of Becky's list: At rest shields don't actually connect to the owner if the shield. I used to think this was just an issue with female characters or certain bodystyles but it actually affects NPCs like the Master of the Hunt and that turncoat guy in Bryn Shander.
    >
    > @gabrieldourden Care to explain exactly why you disagree with this post?

I don't disagree at all. I checked the forum a few times from my mobile these days and may have pressed the disagree button by mistake. I'll find the post and remove the disagree.

EDIT: done!
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    edited October 2017
    > @darthtzarr said:
    > Bug/Easy Fix:
    >
    > HR's Slasher's Mark does not proc piercing blades. It is indeed a melee attack but does not proc the feat for some reason. Please fix.
    >
    > That's odd, I just tested it on live 2 days ago. I am quite sure it procced Piercing Blade. I was even in ranged stance when it procced it.

Your right. My bad. I think that might have been a visual bug. I didn't see the numbers pop up in yellow from it happening but that was in msva. Just something I thought bug. My bad. Thanks for the catch bro
    Post edited by eliybeats on
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Obviously a mistake because who would ever disagree with @pitshade :)
  • nirafelosnirafelos Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    HR: Aimed Shot uses the melee HR base weapon damage multiplier, instead of the ranged HR base weapon damage multiplier. Obviously I have no way of knowing if this is technically a bug, but Archery is (rightly) considered to be weak, and this would be a relatively easy HAMSTER to turn.

Another HR Archery comment:

Occasionally, when firing Split Shot by releasing the "charge" button and then immediately pressing it again to begin a new "charge", Split Shot will double-fire.

At first glance, this looks like it's just a graphical/audio/latency bug, but it very clearly actually applies the damage twice, both according to the combat log and according to experiential evidence like, "a pack of mobs that takes 2 split shots to kill just fell over dead and I didn't crit."

This can sometimes happen with Aimed Shot as well, despite it using a cast time and not a "charge" mechanic.

Further, I heavily suspect that some of the players who claim to have made Archery competitive on more than a handful of fights, but who adamantly refuse to share their secret, have found a way to more reliably abuse this bug, effectively doubling (or more?) their damage.

I am a huge advocate for the Archery tree's dps being improved, but an even larger advocate for eliminating bugs artificially propping up underperforming specs.

edit: LOL HAMSTER gets censored. I assume that you (mods+devs) can see what I wrote anyway.
  • cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Please check into the following:

1) Lostmauth set procs rarely or not at all on GWF with most weapon enchantments. For example, out of 100+ crits, I'm only seeing 5-7 procs.

2) Owlbear cub procs rarely on OP. Out of 100+ non crit encounters (TW, etc) - less than 5 procs.

3) Unstoppable isn't far too often in Chult. If you get controlled by a yuan-ti, you often cannot proc Unstoppable for an undetermined length of time (and no, I'm not under the effects of the paralyze). Other times it just doesn't fire, even when fighting say.. compys, etc. The only fix seems to be to go out of combat, stay out of combat, and wait for it to drop below 1/2 meter, then generally it fires next times it's "charged up".

4) Shift mechanic on OP seems to be quite often delayed 1-3 seconds, or doesn't start at all.

5) Wicked Strike - can we fix the weird time travel "I'm on roller skates" rubber bandy lag fest?

6) Indomitable Battle Strike (encounter) - randomly fires, animation shows, it goes on cooldown - and hits absolutely nothing.

7) Hidden Daggers - is it WAI that each time we fire this we skid backwards? If not, can we stop sliding back several steps each time we fire it off? It's hard enough to latch back onto mobs sometimes under non IV builds.

8) Make Mighty Blade great again :0 It really should buff more of the GWF AOE type powers.
  • ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    T9G: if you die at the end when fighting Ras or if you are pulled/fall off the platform and the party continues on and defeats him, you do not receive the seals.

T9G: the clipping for the revolving doors can result in you getting caught in them and being unable to escape unless you kill yourself.

T9G: During Orcus fight the AOE pushback red zone is not inline with the animation and there maybe an issue in server lag or timing of the ability vs its animation whose effects can cause you to be pushed despite not being in the red zone, ideally fix the timing issue or increase the red zone on the floor further so you wont be hit if you are outside of it

Demogorgen(master and normal): 1st phase) if you reach gold you have to wait the 5 minute timer out till the end. 2nd phase) If you kill Goristro too quickly and he dies before Silver Award is given he will not grant you Gold Award.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Not exactly a bug, but the number of HEs in both IWP and DV really should be toned down. They were fine when the mod was new and people did them, now they just clutter up the countryside and get in the way.

I have to disagree with Pitshade (but not hit the button!). I still like the density of HEs in IWD. None of them interfere with navigating the zones or interacting with objectives, and I'd rather do the normal ones than the demonic ones. If some were removed, there'd be less chances to knock out the easiest ones. I do wish the big ones were still rewarding enough in some way to get people to do them consistently though. I actually think they're fun.

One problem in Dwarven Valley is the Black Ice Beholder spawn in Shattered Hollow routinely overlaps with a medium-difficulty undead encounter. Maybe power creep has progressed far enough that this would be a winnable situation if a large number of players able to tackle current content were still running Beholder farms. But that's... not a thing. Anyway, what it means is that 1/3 Beholders isn't worth even trying to kill because you might get the second HE on top of it and get extra-swarmed with adds instead of just kind-of-swarmed with adds.
    ravenskya said:

Deflecting heals

Any number of these should be fixed in 12b, so any remaining exceptions will need to be rooted out and documented. But it should be getting a lot better. Just take a bit to get caught up on console.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    Can anyone on preview test this for me? Can't access it atm.
    Is executioners black attire damage reduced by level 73 mobs? On live in chult it seems to be that way. Don't know if this is an already reported bug.
  • cthoncthon Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    Chult "effect gear":

Proc rates seem abysmally low on things like Boots Of The Alpha, Batiri War Mask, etc.

Items like Ring Of The Curse Bringer proc once every 2 minutes?
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    The Lightfoot Thief's Active Bonus
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

Also. Not sure if this is bug related or not. But if executioner's black attire is supposed to give 5% more damage is it on all attacks that proc a capstone effect or just an attack itself? I am because while it works on encounters and at wills, it does not work on blade hurricane's flurry proc. Might be better on trapper and archery than combat.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    eliybeats said:

Also. Not sure if this is bug related or not. But if executioner's black attire is supposed to give 5% more damage is it on all attacks that proc a capstone effect or just an attack itself? I am because while it works on encounters and at wills, it does not work on blade hurricane's flurry proc. Might be better on trapper and archery than combat.

If it works with the at-will it will work with the Blade Hurricane since BH is based on the damage done by the at-will. Same goes for Piercing Blade.
    artifleur said:

eliybeats said:

If it works with the at-will it will work with the Blade Hurricane since BH is based on the damage done by the at-will. Same goes for Piercing Blade.
    It's an additional proc like wheel of elements or piercing blade, so it doesn't actually.

edited October 2017
    lowjohn said:

Demogorgen(master and normal): 1st phase) if you reach gold you have to wait the 5 minute timer out till the end. 2nd phase) If you kill Goristro too quickly and he dies before Silver Award is given he will not grant you Gold Award.

I want to second both of these.

Demogorgon phase 1 should end when you reach Gold, and Demogorgon phase 2 should grant Gold even if the Goristro is dropped straight from Bronze to Dead without passing through Silver long enough for the popup to appear.
    I actually want to note that I attempted to create a replication method for that second bug with a video and everything. I couldn't replicate it. We even had Goristro die from above 50% HP and it still wasn't "fast enough", so the bug may be more related to lag rather than actual kill speed. Ever since attempting to actually repeat the bug on video, I haven't succeeded. The devs may run into this same problem where they cannot replicate it, and therefore cannot fix it. If someone has a video of this happening it would be great.

EDIT - I have seen the bug myself, and know it's there. I just cannot replicate it on video.
    EDIT - Someone pointed out a video of the bug for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC2E32dQD8Q&feature=youtu.be&t=523
    Post edited by darthtzarr on

• fantasticmfantasticm Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Companion not following properly in chult. Seems more squishy than a cw.

Icy terrain not working on uneven surface and all other power related bugs that sharpedge already mentioned in his cw guide.

Fluctuating stats from companions and legendary bonuses
  • vasile1991vasile1991 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    The OP characters lose their temp HP from Templar's Wrath while fighting the turtle boss in FBI - maybe due to somehow being out of combat... ? (after body slam attack and breath attacks)

Viperion - DragonTribe guild.
    Playing Ranger/Paladin/Bard/Fighter.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    1 - Fix the bug which makes the Paladin enter Guardian Fighter block animation before entering his own thus delaying the activation if Sanctuary altogether

2 - Fix the bug which makes Paladins drop out of combat during crucial boss fights (and fights in general) thus losing all temp HP and potentially falling.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • nirafelosnirafelos Member Posts: 113 Arc User

Companion not following properly in chult. Seems more squishy than a cw.

Yeah -- seems like many mobs in chult are aggressive towards companions even if the player is out of range and out of combat, so the companion will die, stand up 10s later and start running towards the player, die again, stand up 10s later and start running towards the player, die again...until they are far enough away from mobs to not get jumped on instantly when they stand back up. This is particularly happening a lot in the Yuan-Ti camp with the supplies and templars.

Also annoying: companions also go out of their way to attack nearby enemies in Chult even if the player is not attacking and not in combat. Easy example: if you run into the little spider alcove that contains the the northernmost shrine to ubtao for the consecration weekly quest and kill that pack of spiders and begin consecrating the shrine, 9 times out of 10 your companion will go attack the pack of spiders in the next alcove over, they'll run over, and interrupt you.

Both of these things may exist globally, but Chult seems to have a far higher than average concentration of critters, which makes it feel more like a bug than like how it's always worked, even if it's technically how it's always worked.

This discussion has been closed.