test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• tekathurraitekathurrai Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    maracooya said:

maracooya said:

Not sure if any1 suggested it yet, if so I apologize for not paying full attention since post 1, but Banshee class would be interesting to see. I think it can give a lot of options for combined play style and lots of fun in making too. Could potentially bring some nice elements of (CW's) cc through fatal 360° screams maybe, focused killing dot sound waves, major instant dmging via messenger of death's finger skill (somewhat similar to Orcus thing or CW's disintegration) but it can also bring some moderate protective stuff to allies similar to DC's or tanking role within the aerial. Wouldn't be a designated healer, certainly not a tank itself, but some supportive elements to bring up flexibility and boost up what needs to be up within the party to succeed, while not being able to fully cover up or replace any true support option. Not all-in-once, at least. Can be set up via paths and limits not to be look-alike but rly interesting choice to play with. It's not my job to go too deep in technicalities... just an idea on top of my mind of what could be seen as maybe a fresh way to glue up parties or even act ruthless if necessary. I'd rather see that then yet another pure hdps option out of so many existing. So I vote for stuff like shifters, manipulation elements, variety and flexibility in play style along with inevitable dmg dealing...

yeah and if they made this class, delete the SW since they're ruining it anyways. How wonderful!
    Boy, do I smell sarcasm..? :blush:

SW has nothing to do with that, along with OP it was a misfit since both came up. Rushing and technicalities. People loved 1shot boss kills ffs and we want to talk classes seriously? Endgame content (CN) was a joke at a time... not just due to SW lunacy, but warlocks were pretty much the main role. Were you complaining back then if you're rolling that class and if you were present at all? Highly doubt so. I even laughed at some GWF's being frustrated, was funny for a bit.

What I've said doesn't even come close to what SW is or has to offer. It wasn't my intention to provoke or disregard.
    Seeing that we already have pretty much every playing aspect covered, what should we really talk about then? Banshee was just an idea that, honestly, sounds more like a control/aerial hybrid in its core (with dps and supportive options for individual purpose ofc), rather then crunchy necro dps/buff try or whatever SW is (for you). Besides, what is your constructive suggestion to this matter? Should devs just throw more hdps or healers or another try of tanking option that eventually turns out to be new hdps pick to half of the server... you know, people like being trendy more then imaginative it seems. That's exactly why many of us feel like we're turning into one big instant-consuming bunch of bot-players instead of role-playing individuals that actually have some fun in the process. Fun like flexibility, various choice options, being able to manipulate the game play other then just look alike, boost the very same things while measuring e-sticks, wave legendary rides (discs) etc. That's all just make up.

If you had that kind of party-glue ability class additionally, would hdps playground cry for dc/tank/mof more or less maybe?
    Would there be one more viable option to speed up pt forming/queuing? That's all part of the game you know... waiting, searching, chasing... nobody wants to spend free time doing that and once devs decide to push with this class story, I'm pretty convinced they will have that in mind. Those role bonuses for queuing in mod12b (tank/healers) are nothing more then motivational step to begin with. Small, but certainly a pointer.
    So why not actually making one interesting class in that direction?

In the end, I kinda realize why devs keep delaying new class/race introduction. They probably shouldn't do anything about it before every and single class start looking properly, being the one with its nature... Is that even possible and what does that mean? Why are we voting and discussing new class possibilities then? What's the point? Many classes were or are still broken in some ways. Every class will keep fluctuating as game changes. Some boost, some nerf... round and round. Why would anyone desire a new class then, right?
    So, instead of just throwing another few-words-moaning-post, present us with some constructive stuff please.
    I'm sure not just community, but devs as well would like to see more of that. I know I would.

Have fun.
    I don't know what tone to take your comment in, but I wasn't trying to bash yours or anything. I actually find your idea good, and replacing the SW was somewhat honest lol I've only been playing for about 3 months so I don't know what it feels like to play an overpowered SW. I just know that I get walked over by GWF/HR/CW and with the upcoming Owlbear Cub nerf, it'll push my character down even more.
  • adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I'm guessing the "balance" issue stems from PvP performance, not general PvE activity.

In PvE, there is no real balance when each player is using the wide variety of different racial stats, class stats, boons, potions, enchantments and those pesky buffs from active companions/mounts/etc. Yes, a Monk, Bard or any other possible class isn't going to raise an issue there. Well... not much of an issue... although a Halfling Bard 1-shoting Valindra would be funny. "KABONG!" But in PvP, you could end up with a class that is so game-breaking that everybody is going to want to play that class in PvP for an easy win. And from what I am seeing in MMOs, open-world PvP is still THE Holy Grail of MMOs. PvP-focused Eve Online appears to be the only MMO who doesn't care the least about "balance". Keepstar anyone?

The easy answer would be to make Neverwinter either full PvE with a separate PvP open-world instance where all classes are set to a vanilla state with the exact same stats, or go full PvP and leave it completely up to each player to build their character's stats even if those stats throw "balance" into the nearest woodchipper. Why?

Experimentation with character builds should be the heart and soul of PvP. That's what makes PvP so rewarding.

Regardless, I still want my Bard.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    I want a monk class brought in. RA Salvatore had 3 monk characters and all were awesome. I think your 2 choices would be Monastic and Adventuring monks. Monastic favor solo play, and adventuring favor buffing/debuffing. The three paragons i'd like to see are CHI, elemental, and shadow. Chi being a high solo target damage route. Elemental would be a AOE and DOT route. Shadow would be similar to a TR in that it can enter shadows and disapear and this would strengthen its attacks, the shadow monk gains power from shadows. The TAB key would be dependent on the paragon (if chosen) and would add 100 crit and 100 recovery for 10 seconds (cool down 20 sec) and add in the paragon ability. Chi would add 100 armorpen, elemental would add 400 power, and shadow would add 400 life steal. The dominant paragon route would determine the bonus on the tab. Other effects would be bonus abilities in each encounter, for example a high point value encounter quivering palm technique would have control mob for chi, explode on death for elemental path, and siphon soul effect (vampyric) for shadow monk path. Thoughts?
  • safespacecadet#3341 safespacecadet Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I just want to know when and if we are ever going to get a new class. If we're not ever going to get a new class, how about telling us that as well? Communication goes a long way. Just please don't do what you did with Oathbound Paladin and make the potential new class or classes totally overpowered. That was ridiculous. All of us veteran players know that anything too good gets nerfed eventually anyway.

BTW, it has been over two years since we got paladin.
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited September 2017

I just want to know when and if we are ever going to get a new class. If we're not ever going to get a new class, how about telling us that as well? Communication goes a long way. Just please don't do what you did with Oathbound Paladin and make the potential new class or classes totally overpowered. That was ridiculous. All of us veteran players know that anything too good gets nerfed eventually anyway.

Yeah it's been years since we had a new class. They made an official statement on Reddit that after 12.5 is finished they wanted to work on player power issues in the not to distant future. I think they want to fix what they currently have instead of creating new classes which could potentially add more problems into the mix. Not only that, but I, and many other people can agree we'd rather see whats fixed CURRENTLY instead of it being prolonged even longer than it currently has. I think a new class is great, i'd want one. But, lets fix what we have first than worry about whats to be added later.

@rgutscheradev said this:

"Lots of questions about TRs, and understandably so. As I mentioned in the livestream, they aren't where we want them to be (particularly in PvE).
    I was talking to MimicKing about this earlier, and we're planning on putting the whole systems team to work tackling player power issues as soon as this module is done. I think, as MageddoGaming says below, bug fixes are the first step, and we'll probably be focusing on that first.
    Of course, there are a LOT of player power bugs, so we'll probably be just scratching the surface. But hopefully we'll be hitting the ones that annoy you all the most, first. Keep an eye peeled for forum threads asking for input on this in the not-too-distant future."
    Post edited by theguiido on
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
    edited September 2017
    theguiido said:

Yeah it's been years since we had a new class. They made an official statement on Reddit that after 12.5 is finished they wanted to work on player power issues in the not to distant future. I think they want to fix what they currently have instead of creating new classes which could potentially add more problems into the mix. Not only that, but I, and many other people can agree we'd rather see whats fixed CURRENTLY instead of it being prolonged even longer than it currently has. I think a new class is great, i'd want one. But, lets fix what we have first than worry about whats to be added later.

"Lots of questions about TRs, and understandably so. As I mentioned in the livestream, they aren't where we want them to be (particularly in PvE).
    I was talking to MimicKing about this earlier, and we're planning on putting the whole systems team to work tackling player power issues as soon as this module is done. I think, as MageddoGaming says below, bug fixes are the first step, and we'll probably be focusing on that first.
    Of course, there are a LOT of player power bugs, so we'll probably be just scratching the surface. But hopefully we'll be hitting the ones that annoy you all the most, first. Keep an eye peeled for forum threads asking for input on this in the not-too-distant future."
    I've heard that same refrain for two years. At least a year and a half. I don't care anymore. I just want to play a bard.

Also, there paying customers who have already paid for character slots in hopes of playing a new class like druid, bard, or monk, etc. Why? Because the character creation tells them that new classes are Coming Soon. Customers don't want to hear excuses, they want to see results. If customers aren't satisfied with a product, they will often take their business elsewhere.
    Post edited by safespacecadet#3341 on

theguiido said:

I've heard that same refrain for two years. At least a year and a half. I don't care anymore. I just want to play a bard.

Also, there paying customers who have already paid for character slots in hopes of playing a new class like druid, bard, or monk, etc. Why? Because the character creation tells them that new classes are Coming Soon. Customers don't want to hear excuses, they want to see results. If customers aren't satisfied with a product, they will often take their business elsewhere.
    I think they (the earlier developers) had the intention of releasing a new class at that time, but due to different things happening and "what not", it simply never happened. Like you said people want to see results. I don't have any doubt in my mind it will happen eventually though.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

edited September 2017
    Eventually is very vague. You and I and everyone else in the world are probably going to die eventually. Hunter Ranger was introduced with mod 2. Scourge Warlock was introduced with mod 4. Oathbound Paladin was introduced with mod 6. We are now in mod 12. Six mods since the last new class.
    i'm still relatively new, in the mods sense, but didn't each class come out with a zone that suited them? I hear that the HR came out with sharandar right? So what sort of 'zone ideas' would suit a druid, a bard, and a monk. For the monk i'd like to have a visit to the monastery mentioned in RA salvatores books and have an adventure in those lands, possibly bring in master Kane as the primary focus like the merchant prince is in chult. Could do some deep woods theme for the druid, involving corrupted druids and the land going bad or something. For the bard we can have Elminster back and lead the player on some adventure in shadowdale or something.
    edited September 2017
    Should have had bard or druid with module 8, barbarian with mod 10, and bard or druid with mod 12.

Monk should be coming with mod 14, sorcerer with mod 16 but we are still waiting on the others.

How does it take 2 years to make classes work right? Oh, wait, they still don't work right. Shouldn't making the game we have now function properly have been the main priority a long time ago?
  • number13deathnumber13death Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    SWORDMAGE SWORDMAGE SWORDMAGE SWORDMAGE!

Okay, I know, I know. We already have 3 Defenders (if you count GWF as a Defender), and we definitely don't need another Striker (which ruins my chances at an Avenger, the divine answer to Rogues). Bard and Druid are more likely since we still only have the one Leader and only the one Controller. But, I so want a Swordmage just so I can throw my sword at people (that is literally why I want it).
  • faeromalikitefaeromalikite Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Do the Devs realize at this point in the game the only thing that will keep the masses interested is a new class, or 2? Give us a reason to play other than another zone to grind.
  • onosendaiod#6892 onosendaiod Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Bard would give us a second with Thievery..

I really want a Monk though or a Two Weapon Fighter like Drizzt
    drizzt was a HR (sort of) but yes a monk and bard would be great, i think the druid would be too much like the HR in powers though.

Eventually is very vague. You and I and everyone else in the world are probably going to die eventually. Hunter Ranger was introduced with mod 2. Scourge Warlock was introduced with mod 4. Oathbound Paladin was introduced with mod 6. We are now in mod 12. Six mods since the last new class.

You aren't wrong. I could see a new class coming in mod 14. Right now developers are working on bug fixes, and then probably reworking classes.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

i'm hoping mod 13 introduces 2 or 3 new classes and a complex storyline to go with them. Not like chult where you get one city and one adventure zone on a huge island map. I'd love to have a zone like RA salvatores book on that big valley with monsters that you got rewards for taking ears and had that half orc village and undead castle (forgot the name of it). That would be fun. Get a monk class in with that and a bard class too as there is a monastery nearby (kane) and bards are everywhere. Plenty of monsters to kill of all types, rewards, an epic dungeon at that end, a dracolich to kill. A real one not that puny one that is in whispering caverns, a great big black dracolich (maybe more than one). So if they bring in that zone, please include the monastery as a zone, the great gates as a zone, the valley of monsters as a zone, the village as a zone and the castle as a zone. not all on one map please.

i'm hoping mod 13 introduces 2 or 3 new classes and a complex storyline to go with them. Not like chult where you get one city and one adventure zone on a huge island map. I'd love to have a zone like RA salvatores book on that big valley with monsters that you got rewards for taking ears and had that half orc village and undead castle (forgot the name of it). That would be fun. Get a monk class in with that and a bard class too as there is a monastery nearby (kane) and bards are everywhere. Plenty of monsters to kill of all types, rewards, an epic dungeon at that end, a dracolich to kill. A real one not that puny one that is in whispering caverns, a great big black dracolich (maybe more than one). So if they bring in that zone, please include the monastery as a zone, the great gates as a zone, the valley of monsters as a zone, the village as a zone and the castle as a zone. not all on one map please.

Unless they bust out a Mod 6 rebirth similar to consoles (New Paladin Class, 3 new adventure zones) and they surprise us with something kind of like that, I could never see them bringing out that much into one update.

Currently like I said, they are working on bug fixes for classes and general bugs in the game for the month of October. After that they will be finishing 12b with some polishing and tweaks. They will add updates and change things as they come after the release of 12b, but Mod 13 I simply cannot see a new class or even multiple classes. There is simply too many class issues that need to be fixed first.

The biggest after they fix the bugs, is fix the Feats and Powers for each path of a class. Too many feats/powers are simply outdated. May I say, especially the feats. (excluding the Oathbound Paladin) Many of which are forcing people to only play 1 of the 3 roles of that class which is no good. I am not sure if they plan on doing that after 12b where they will rework classes but from what they are saying we will be seeing reworks to TR's and DC's probably very soon. More classes as well past that. I think after that mixed in with the new Campaign, and areas people will discover, I can see a new class coming mod 14. Will it though? Who knows.

What I would like however is a long dungeon sort of thing like you said so it is very long, challenging, but rewarding. That would be nice to get some insight from RA Salvatores book for new content like what they did in mod 8 with Underdark. They got the model and artwork and vibe really down to the tee. Always wanted more exploring though.

That is for sure something players are interested in is learning the environment they are in. They want to explore more than a minimal map if you get what I am saying. That would feel cool to see and walk and experience a MASSIVE map with a huge dungeon or raid like you are saying.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

got an idea for a campaign im putting togther from what i said. I'll post it when ready.
    edited October 2017

drizzt was a HR (sort of) but yes a monk and bard would be great, i think the druid would be too much like the HR in powers though.

High level Rangers do have access to some druidic powers, but Druids could also tame/charm wild animals. One of their powers could give them a pet similar to the Scourge Warlock's Soul Puppet. Druids can also shape change into animals. Besides that, they are a priest class, so they have access to many healing and support spells.
    i think we need to understand how cryptic will create the class. From what i've seen none of the current classes are like the classes in previous games. So a Druid will likely be completely different than other games, as different as the HR class is to rangers [and a TR doesn't steal anything :( ]. I don't know what bards do in other previous games, other than use instrument in battle (weird) or sing, and use aristocratic weapons (i think) but a monk is a monk. That is fist fighting fury. It will be interesting to see how these classes are created (when they are created...ahem). And what role would a bard class get?
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Bards are a support class focused on buffing and debuffing, and with recent dev comments indicating they would prefer Healers to heal, Tanks to tank and the rest to deal damage (and everybody doing a lot less buffing/debuffing) I really don't see Bard happening unless they make it a dps, heal or tank class, which isn't a Bard

In fact, if Cryptic is really feeling that's all classes should be, I don't see why they would make a new class at all... we have enough
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    The idea of a new class its a forum concept that is never going to happen in the game. With threads like this one they are just leaving the players to imagine what they want, but the devs are not going to ever bother to try to create a new class or race. The chances of a new class ended before mod6 when the dev team left the game at the begining of 2015, they just included the paladin because by the time of mod6 went live that class was already designed. The team we have now just try to keep the game online, but even after more than 2 years they failed to include on the game dungeons that already existed pre-mod6, so you just can't ask them anything that big as a new class. Rigth now is enjoy what you have or leave, thats up to you.
    why is there so much negativity in a post on creation? come on people, keep you negative comments to yourself and be constructive. Negativity destroys more than you think, and hurts those you don't see. Developers do look at these posts, they gather ideas and such from them, it just takes allot to create a campaign and incorporate a new class that could shift allot of things unseen. So lets keep coming up with ideas and being creative and let the developers figure out what is good and not good to incorporate into their product. OK?
    edited October 2017
    I'm thinking a bard class will have song encounters. Songs that damage and heal and buff/debuff. Mainhand i think will be a rapier and offhand a musical instrument, perhaps a small magical harp. . I think having songs play while hes sword fighting would be cool. So the at wills will be dominant and the the encounters overlapping. Fast on his feet with moderate armor like HR.
    Post edited by athena#9205 on

Bards are a support class focused on buffing and debuffing, and with recent dev comments indicating they would prefer Healers to heal, Tanks to tank and the rest to deal damage (and everybody doing a lot less buffing/debuffing) I really don't see Bard happening unless they make it a dps, heal or tank class, which isn't a Bard

In fact, if Cryptic is really feeling that's all classes should be, I don't see why they would make a new class at all... we have enough

That's really sad. Tanks, healers, and dps as class distinctions were born from mmorpgs such as Everquest. Pencil & Paper/Tabletop RPGs did not originally use classes that way. Tank, healer, and dps are only needed to make different classes useful and necessary in a game or mmorpg that focuses mainly on combat.* It's totally illogical that fighters with swords do less damage than rogues with daggers. People only accept it because developers of many games made it the norm. And now a lot of people who have spent years making or playing these games act like that's the only way to make classes work in an mmorpg. Just like a lot of developers, investors, and corporations seem to think that linear themepark grinders are the only way to make profitable mmorpgs. So much so that, since copying pretty much the exact formula/design as Blizzard used for World of Warcraft, for 90%+ of mmorpgs made since, didn't lead to everyone becoming multi-millionaires, most Western developers have given up on making any more Triple A mmorpgs.

*Combat is only one aspect of tabletop rpgs. And it's not even necessarily the most fun or interesting part. Dungeon delving is also only one part of tabletop rpgs. Most every class and character in tabletop Dungeons & Dragons and other tabletop rpg systems have many different non-combat skills, spells, and abilities that often prove just as useful or more useful than combat skills in any given playing session.

tomiotar said:

The idea of a new class its a forum concept that is never going to happen in the game. With threads like this one they are just leaving the players to imagine what they want, but the devs are not going to ever bother to try to create a new class or race. The chances of a new class ended before mod6 when the dev team left the game at the begining of 2015, they just included the paladin because by the time of mod6 went live that class was already designed. The team we have now just try to keep the game online, but even after more than 2 years they failed to include on the game dungeons that already existed pre-mod6, so you just can't ask them anything that big as a new class. Rigth now is enjoy what you have or leave, thats up to you.

If that's the case, they just should just plainly say that they are not developing any new classes and will never develop any new classes. And all they really want Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter to be is World of Warcraft with action combat, campaigns, and refining. Refining. Yay.

Cool. I won't be spending any more money on this game. And I definitely won't pay anything if I do end up trying Magic: The Gathering and it is more of the same.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2017

tomiotar said:

If that's the case, they just should just plainly say that they are not developing any new classes and will never develop any new classes. And all they really want Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter to be is World of Warcraft with action combat, campaigns, and refining. Refining. Yay.

Cool. I won't be spending any more money on this game. And I definitely won't pay anything if I do end up trying Magic: The Gathering and it is more of the same.
    Don't buy into misinformation based on disgruntled opinion.

Here's some facts: It's been stated that they always have a new class in development and by what they stated, it sounds like they often have two classes in development at a given time, for when they released the OP, they stated that they were already working on another class prior to the release of the OP. It's also been stated that the new class they have in development has been put on hold while continue to bring class balancing across the board.

Through statements they made on this new class, they said that it will "probably be a bard or druid" based on feedback from what the players are asking for. The next module update brings balance fixes, as well as many of the october bugfixes are slated for implementation after mod 12b. So, we are definitely not getting a new class "soon." Rest assured, there is at least one class in development right now. It's just the development of the new class(es) have been placed on the back burner as they don't want to release a new class among a slew of currently unbalanced classes.

@zebular That's great to hear, and your confidence is reassuring
    I'm excited to see our current dev crew's take on either Bard, which would traditionally be a buff/debuff class, or Druid, which would be expected to focus on an expansion of HR nature-based abilities (to the point of introducing a whole new type of "magic" in the game) and summoning/turning natural beasts to help in fights

@athena#9205 I'm sorry you feel like some of the posts are negative, but I think there may be more of an element of realism behind them, also frustration
    From my point of view, when I see a dev saying stuff like:
    asterdahl said:

I was referring to nerfing the 2 DC meta, I apologize for the lack of clarity. We don't have any intent to nerf DC generally. I spoke about how in the long run we'd like to make damage dealers focus more on dealing damage, and healers more on healing and generally everyone less on buffing and rebuffing, so depending on your feelings, those adjustments could be seen as a nerf, but those are longer term goals.

(I set that one part to bold)
    ...I worry that the general feeling among the dev crew about current and future classes is that they should all be restricted to filling one of three roles, which to me is very boring

Added to that, it seems Damage over Time, Layered Multi-Effect Skill Combos and Crowd Control skills, all very interesting alternate types of play for all classes, are becoming marginalized due to overpowered class builds that can wipe mobs before DoTs or Layered Skills can build any damage, and all Bosses and now even many mob types being CC immune... even to the point that CC immunity or resistance that certain class builds can implement is being ignored by many mobs and Bosses

This is very discouraging, as it leads me to believe the new Bard or Druid will be just another dps, healer or tank, but with a twist, which would be boring

You are correct in that this thread SHOULD be about creativity, but it should also be a place to express concern and doubt, because if the dev in charge of building whatever the new class might be does actually read this, I really hope they would put some weight on what the players expect from a new class and not just give us a new option among the choices we already have

To that end, while the votes are helpful in determining the path, the creative posts about what a Bard or Druid would be like to play and what skills they should have, along with the posts expressing the doubt and worry that the new class will either never emerge or end up nothing like what they should be, will hopefully help influence whatever we eventually get so positively that we get something awesome that we all want to play with
    I agree with your points. I wasn't on Arc forum when the vote was placed for classes, if I was, i would have chosen Monk. The developers did a good job with OP and HR from what i've played, but TR DC and CW (which i have) are not as fun to play IMO. I would love it if a Developer would post their Class they are building in the Forum and get feedback on it before it goes into the game live. that way Players can discuss the various At-wills, encounter, dailies, etc... To give developers an idea on how to adjust the class so more players are happy with it. If TR was done this way i'd have allot to say on it. I understand that the preview shards are for this, but by then the class would be mostly finalized.
    I main DC, and I LOVE the playstyle... and the only dps toon I have put any time into other than just doing what I have to do to finish an influence run is my HR trapper, and I set her up with mobility on the battlefield in mind, so she is a ton of fun to murder things with

To each her/his own, but I'm a fan of building your toon around how you want to play, not letting someone else's build define your playstyle

But yes, back on topic, not that I'm a big fan of voting for stuff anyways, but I guess it might make some newer players feel a little better if they had at least a little say on a decision making process that's 2 1/2 years old and still just a rumor