test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Random Queues

Comments

• mageddo#6766 mageddo Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    I have a lot to say about queues. I'm going to spread it out.

Rewards:

Who cares about rough AD and RP for rewards? We can already knock out daily AD quick. Refininment points are easy to obtain.

Why can't we have a dungeon vendor where we get a "seal of +4 belt" that we can then choose defiant, fierce etc? Rng is awful it already is a slim chance of a +5 ring and then it could be a ring you don't want. At least make a trade vendor to trade it in if seals is not an option.

Another great reward would be unbound no appearance change cost transmutes.

This one may be pushing it. How about a small amount of refined AD? I'd say 2000 since unrefined AD rate for blue ring is over that. Even just for your first random queue per char.

In short we can already get AD and RP. If you want us to play nice in a more varied arena with different classes we need a better incentive.

I do like the direction this game is going in different categories. I love the feedback and changes. It shows you do listen.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

kisakee said:

PS.: We are awaiting your reply for the stronghold shard quests with RQs to this day.

Yes. Yes, we are. Because if you need to run specific content for shards in addition to random content for AD, that's not remotely respectful of players with limited time, now is it?
    Apologies for the delay on responding to this concern, I wanted to verify when I could get this change in and if our QA department would have time to validate the changes ahead of Module 12's release. And they could, so I've gone ahead and made the changes locally and they should make it into a preview build in the near future.

There will now be a daily Random Skirmish and Random Epic Dungeon quest available from the stronghold, instead of a specific dungeon, with the same rewards as the previous two epic dungeon dailies. Similar to before, players below level 70 will have an easier quest: they'll have a daily dungeon.

As an improvement for lower level players, because one of the epic dungeon quests was changed to a skirmish, players below 70 can complete both the daily skirmish and daily dungeon.

For those wondering, when the patch hits if you have any of the old quests saved up to do specific dungeons, those will remain on you and you can complete them, but you won't be able to accept them again.
    I assume this means that a player will no longer be able to stock up on these quests to complete them when they have time. I think it would be great if the Chult Patrol weekly x6 system were copied over, so that they could be finished when players have time, rather than requiring them once per day. Obviously this doesn't line up perfectly with the bonus AD rewards, but I still see no reason why it wouldn't help the players out who wanted the shards for their guild, but couldn't devote much time every day.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Apologies for the delay on responding to this concern, I wanted to verify when I could get this change in and if our QA department would have time to validate the changes ahead of Module 12's release. And they could, so I've gone ahead and made the changes locally and they should make it into a preview build in the near future.

There will now be a daily Random Skirmish and Random Epic Dungeon quest available from the stronghold, instead of a specific dungeon, with the same rewards as the previous two epic dungeon dailies. Similar to before, players below level 70 will have an easier quest: they'll have a daily dungeon.

As an improvement for lower level players, because one of the epic dungeon quests was changed to a skirmish, players below 70 can complete both the daily skirmish and daily dungeon.

For those wondering, when the patch hits if you have any of the old quests saved up to do specific dungeons, those will remain on you and you can complete them, but you won't be able to accept them again.

I assume this means that a player will no longer be able to stock up on these quests to complete them when they have time. I think it would be great if the Chult Patrol weekly x6 system were copied over, so that they could be finished when players have time, rather than requiring them once per day. Obviously this doesn't line up perfectly with the bonus AD rewards, but I still see no reason why it wouldn't help the players out who wanted the shards for their guild, but couldn't devote much time every day.

I reallllly think you guys need to get some trusted members of the community on some sort of "council" to run things like this by instead of just winging it in willy-nilly. Certainly there are 10-20 people in this community that people trust that could be trusted to give proper feedback on things like this. As it stands, this looks like something that you just tossed in, and since its on page 36, few players will see it.

While a good thought, the fact that this has DRAMATIC impact on players can't be understated. In fact, all of these changes coming with 12B are going to be HUGE on their own...bundling them up is just cruel.
    edited October 2017
    It does present a rather serious problem sticking shards behind an MSP and FBI wall. It might be easier to reach 11k going off just the words of the developers, and it might be a lot easier to gear and prep alts for MSP and FBI as well due to the new patron system and account wide dungeon unlocks, however, these dungeon unlocks don't count for newer players.

In my opinion, random queues should treat dungeon unlocks and player level similarly for queue requirements. If you don't have the dungeon unlocked, you can still random queue for that category, you just will not be placed in dungeons you don't have access to. There is no way to relock a dungeon. Due to dungeon unlocks now being account-wide, this no longer benefits alts. However, you can bring a new player with you to prevent MSP and FBI from getting queued. This might seem cheesy at first, but isn't the point of this whole thing to encourage playing with newer players and getting along with them? It would (as far as I can tell) exclusively benefit newer players trying to jump into random queues.

LF1M 11k newbie without MSP unlocked

EDIT - There is the possible abuse of using a newer player who agrees to take on the 30 minute leaver penalty (since they weren't going to be running dungeons in the foreseeable future anyways), but that is likely more of an issue with the leaver penalty not being very severe.

• hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    If the goal is to have fewer Tanks and Healers for our current end game .Then mission accomplished. And if teams will be looking to have a player that will be sure to allow them to avoid any end game tasks sounds like that is spot on as well.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    lowjohn said:

Wait, wait, now L70s can't get Dungeon Shards *at all* without being 11K and unlocking FBI and MSP and queueing random for them?

This is not the case, as I indicated in my original post on the topic, players level 70 and above will have a Random Epic Dungeon and Random Skirmish. So even if you don't yet qualify for Fangbreaker or Master Spellplague, you'll be able to complete the Skirmish daily and receive the same rewards as you would have received for a daily epic dungeon in the old system.

Some of the people that log in every day and get those dungeon runs going in our Alliance are those 7-10k people looking to improve their characters and gear up, but they are all going to find the door closed to them for doing that effectively.

We have made countless changes with the release of Module 12 and even more with the release of Module 12B that make it much, much easier to get into the 11k range. With the release of Chult, obtaining high item level equipment is easier than ever, and with Module 12B, refining your enchantments and artifacts will be easier than ever. Yes, there are some new high end ranks introduced, but the adjustments to the curves as well as the tremendous quality of life improvements should result in many players hitting higher level enchantments much more easily.

Their AD gain also hasn't been negatively impacted. The only thing that may change is that a player who meets the Random Epic Dungeon requirement and hasn't gotten the bonus that day may want to not queue with a player who can't access that queue for one random epic dungeon. For the average player who doesn't have a lot of friends to run dungeons with, the experience should improve as a whole as more players are available and more tanks and healers are encouraged to queue.

For those that do have friends, we aren't tremendously worried, we think that players will still be willing to help their friends run through dungeons to help them gear up to the point that they can run the Random Epic Dungeon as well. Particularly because this it is no longer an ordeal to get to that point. We will keep an eye on this though, so please give us feedback so to how much these changes have altered your behavior once they go live.

One difficult component of digesting changes like these is that it's very hard to imagine how they will impact your play patterns until they actually ship on the live server. For instance, if before you would have been willing to run dungeons a few times with your lower level guildmates, but it's also very important to you that you get your daily AD earning out of the way, this will only change a single run.
    edited October 2017
    asterdahl said:

lowjohn said:

Wait, wait, now L70s can't get Dungeon Shards *at all* without being 11K and unlocking FBI and MSP and queueing random for them?

This is not the case, as I indicated in my original post on the topic, players level 70 and above will have a Random Epic Dungeon and Random Skirmish. So even if you don't yet qualify for Fangbreaker or Master Spellplague, you'll be able to complete the Skirmish daily and receive the same rewards as you would have received for a daily epic dungeon in the old system.
    :neutral: I totally missed that.

EDIT - wait are we talking AD or shards?
    EDIT - okay so it's shards, yeah okay it's not completely bad then

• bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

lowjohn said:

Are you guys going to be listening to feedback about the Item Level required to finish some of the dungeons you're putting on as 11k Dungeons? IE FBI and MSP. I really sincerely doubt a party of 11ks randomly smashed together by a queue will be fairing very well in these dungeons.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

lowjohn said:

@asterdahl Which skirmishes?
    Are we still talking only about Master of the Hunt, Dread Legion, Prophecy of Madness, Throne of the Dwarven Gods and Illusionist's Gambit (Master)?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

asterdahl said:

lowjohn said:

Which skirmishes?
    Are we still talking only about Master of the Hunt, Dread Legion, Prophecy of Madness, Throne of the Dwarven Gods and Illusionist's Gambit (Master)?
    It'll have the new one, Merchant Prince's Folly.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • maxzius#3795 maxzius Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    > @asterdahl said:
    > Wait, wait, now L70s can't get Dungeon Shards *at all* without being 11K and unlocking FBI and MSP and queueing random for them?
    >
    >
    >
    > This is not the case, as I indicated in my original post on the topic, players level 70 and above will have a Random Epic Dungeon and Random Skirmish. So even if you don't yet qualify for Fangbreaker or Master Spellplague, you'll be able to complete the Skirmish daily and receive the same rewards as you would have received for a daily epic dungeon in the old system. Some of the people that log in every day and get those dungeon runs going in our Alliance are those 7-10k people looking to improve their characters and gear up, but they are all going to find the door closed to them for doing that effectively.
    >
    > We have made countless changes with the release of Module 12 and even more with the release of Module 12B that make it much, much easier to get into the 11k range. With the release of Chult, obtaining high item level equipment is easier than ever, and with Module 12B, refining your enchantments and artifacts will be easier than ever. Yes, there are some new high end ranks introduced, but the adjustments to the curves as well as the tremendous quality of life improvements should result in many players hitting higher level enchantments much more easily.
    >
    > Their AD gain also hasn't been negatively impacted. The only thing that may change is that a player who meets the Random Epic Dungeon requirement and hasn't gotten the bonus that day may want to not queue with a player who can't access that queue for one random epic dungeon. For the average player who doesn't have a lot of friends to run dungeons with, the experience should improve as a whole as more players are available and more tanks and healers are encouraged to queue.
    >
    > For those that do have friends, we aren't tremendously worried, we think that players will still be willing to help their friends run through dungeons to help them gear up to the point that they can run the Random Epic Dungeon as well. Particularly because this it is no longer an ordeal to get to that point. We will keep an eye on this though, so please give us feedback so to how much these changes have altered your behavior once they go live.
    >
    > One difficult component of digesting changes like these is that it's very hard to imagine how they will impact your play patterns until they actually ship on the live server. For instance, if before you would have been willing to run dungeons a few times with your lower level guildmates, but it's also very important to you that you get your daily AD earning out of the way, this will only change a single run.

You skirted the issue and didn't answer the question. The answer is 'No, you can not get into the Eric random dungeon q if you don't have FBI unlocked' It's bad enough you're forcing this garbage system down our throats, at least be honest about it.

You can throw all the bs numbers you want to at us. It's doesn't change the fact that this is a terrible idea and absolutely destroys new players. Oh... They can get good equipment from Chult, huh? Good luck with a new 7k level 70 character in there.

My biggest problem with the dev team is that there is seemingly no one there asking the hard questions. Like, oh I don't know.., How does this change affect our playbase? Or.. How does this change affect a new player? Or the best.. We can do this, but SHOULD WE? In case you're wondering, the answer to the last question is no. No you shouldn't put this random q system into our game.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited October 2017

You can throw all the bs numbers you want to at us. It's doesn't change the fact that this is a terrible idea and absolutely destroys new players. Oh... They can get good equipment from Chult, huh? Good luck with a new 7k level 70 character in there.

Just in case you are not aware of it, you can buy Chult gear from AH dirt cheap. You don't need to go into Chulk to get the gear. The price is so low that makes new player not to farm gear anywhere else. Almost every piece is lower than 20K AD.

It is so cheap that I know somebody quit the game because of it. They farmed their heart out in SKT and RD. Then, found out others can get the similar gear for virtually nothing now. They were pissed.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    asterdahl said:

Random Queue Overview

Random queues! A new category of queues will appear in your queue list on preview. The new category random queue has within it a queue corresponding to each of the existing PvE queue categories: skirmishes, dungeons, epic dungeons and epic trials. By selecting one of these random queues, you will be matched into a queue in that category at random.

And of course, there will be incentives for queuing for a random queue, let’s take a look. Queuing for a random skirmish for the first time in a day will net you a daily bonus of 60 seals of the protector and 3,400 rough astral diamonds. Subsequent use of the random skirmish queue will net you a repeatable bonus of 20 seals of the protector and 400 rough astral diamonds.

Regardless of which skirmish you end up in, be it Master of the Hunt or the new skirmish in Module 12B—The Merchant Prince’s Folly—if you successfully complete the queue you will receive the same daily or repeatable bonus.

Goals of Random Queues

Before I dive into some of the finer details some of you may be wondering about, I would first like to talk about why we are introducing random queues. Here are the goals we set out (not necessarily in order of importance):
    • Ensure all queues are firing in a reasonable time frame, regardless of popularity.
    • Reduce burnout from running the same queue ad nauseum by introducing variety.
    • Make it clear when you are eligible for and when you receive daily bonus AD and seals.
    • Provide further bonuses for those players who can master the most difficult content.
    • Incentivize playing roles that are currently underplayed to reduce queue wait times.
    • Incentivize helping players who are new to a queue to foster a positive environment.

@asterdahl

I understand what you're trying to do here and I do not think it's going to work like this. I do no think it is right to lock astral diamonds for new/fresh level 70 players behind a grindwall of unlocking Storm king's thunder and finishing River District. How is this going to help a new player? Even their guild won't be incentivized to run dungeons with them to help them if they aren't eligible for Random Queue. This is going to hurt new people. You make friends by being helped directly by people in your guild or alliance- not random strangers in pug. It gives a crazy advantage to people with high end guild boons-- Making lower level guilds feel the strain to keep people even more.

Other people have suggested making Random Queue an extra AD bonus to incentivize people to unlocked the harder content rather than full stop taking away any hope someone has of not doing leveling dungeons for their AD from now until eternity. What is the incentive for even leveling up gear at all if all they can get through is leveling content and if they go higher than 10K they won't get a reward unless the are finished with the hardest campaigns?

This doesn't help lowbies get a better dungeon experience who are below level 70s and this does not help entertain mid- below 11k players who are newest to the game. This does nothing to change how people who have already mastered content are running it.

I'm sorry but I don't think you're really hearing what the complaints are actually about.

This may not really directly affect me as an end game player as much but I do care about what happens with how new people experience the game. :|

Keep the dungeon AD how it is now and add a bigger reward for Random Queuing at 11k+ with FBI/MSP unlocked. This will help people who have worked hard have something to reward themselves. Why even have a queue say that you can be 7 or 8k to queue if you have to be 11k and have grinded out content to make any AD from the dungeon without using a dungeon key. :|

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --

• ladypeanut66ladypeanut66 Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    The mod12B skirmish has an IL requirement. Which means that Skirmish Random Queue will not be free of IL requirements on the 'Epic' version. Iirc the IL was something like 10k.

I know you can get to 10k 'easily' enough with the Chult gear (have not checked, but from what little i have read it seems so). But you have to understand, a new player will have 0 AD, because Leveling Dungeon Random Queue gives EXP for <Lvl70 iirc.

I don't know, I don't like these ILs requirements; FBI and MSP should not be in the same queue as MC. And the same goes for the new skirmish; not friendly to new players.
  • dafrca#4810 dafrca Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

I actually find myself completely without motivation for logging in and doing my dailies. I sit there and say to myself; "why am I bothering..?"

As a new player with no 70 level characters and seeing my opportunity to gin even a small amount of AD going out the window I am feeling the same thing. Why am I even trying? Without a way to build up the 100's of thousands of AD needed to get reasonable equipment so I can even think of playing in the Epic level stuff is now no longer in sight for me. As it is now, I run a dungeon and I get a few thousand at a time.

Now I will get zero because some developer things I should play like they want me to play, don't have more than a single character, and it better be a cleric because they need more clerics in the queue? Really? This whole pile just smells bad.

The mod12B skirmish has an IL requirement. Which means that Skirmish Random Queue will not be free of IL requirements on the 'Epic' version. Iirc the IL was something like 10k.

I know you can get to 10k 'easily' enough with the Chult gear (have not checked, but from what little i have read it seems so). But you have to understand, a new player will have 0 AD, because Leveling Dungeon Random Queue gives EXP for

I think most of the complaints could be resolved by making MSP/FBI in their own queue category. IE Tier 2.5 instead of lumped together with Malabog's Castle and Valindra's Tower. :|

--

rathimar said:

I would okay with those brave souls that attempt the Random Queue being rewarded with higher AD and Seal drops. But not with Random Queues being the ONLY way to get AD and Seals from dungeons and skirmishes.

I just keep reading the comments and seeing two different things being said. If I queue for a specific dungeon I will not get the Bonus RAD. But will I get any RAD or none at all? Am I going to have any way to get any RAD as a new player? Or am I going to be stuck in a developer's hell until I somehow crawl up to the 70+ the 11000 level?

This really feels more like it is about money and Pay-to-Play then it is about helping balance the parties of helping me not be bored with the content I select to run in. :-(

If its really about quality of life for players make the split that matches the difficulties of the dungeons and the rewards they offer.

Amen to this.

Epic Dungeons are clearly not all the same and they should be both split and the rewards made commiserate to the effort HAMSTER takes to clear them.

• eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    removed my incorrect understanding
    Post edited by eldeskal on
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Levelling dungeons will still give RAD, provided you go random. As stated repeatedly, you can RQ for whatever you have unlocked prior to level 70. At 70, you can still RQ for a levelling dungeon and get AD, with the queue picking from all of them.

This is the one exception to requiring everything in the queue to be unlocked to use the feature.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

Who cares about rough AD and RP for rewards?

Those who are new to the game and are not swimming in tons of AD because they run the low level dungeons every day.

Sad that it seems even though they say it is not, this Random Dungeon thing is overly focused on the very top layer of players and seems to ignore how it is going to impact most of the rest of the players.

Just in case you are not aware of it, you can buy Chult gear from AH dirt cheap. You don't need to go into Chulk to get the gear. The price is so low that makes new player not to farm gear anywhere else. Almost every piece is lower than 20K AD.

But when you have a new player like me who will not be able to get 20k AD together let alone enough to buy all the gear, then Dirt Cheep is not what I would call it. :-)

This discussion has been closed.