test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• yashmak#1787 yashmak Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Thank you for giving us this chance! I don't know why my post has been deleted... Let's try again:

1- Legendary companions bonus is fluctuating or not working at all.

2- Wrong IL shown when ispecting players (probably summoned companion doesn't get counted)

3- Items go to overflow when switching loadouts even if you have tons of free bag slots.

4- Icy Terrain, Ice Knife need multiple key presses to cast.

5- Not being able to switch loadouts when items are cooling down. Loadouts could be so useful but since they are so buggy and don't switch enchants, mounts power and so on they are really a lot less useful than what they could be.

6- Please remove all animations from mailbox. It's a pain when collecting attachments and deleting mails.

7- Friends window sorting doesn't work.

8- When switching loadouts IL get "stuck" and sometimes it shows the IL from the previous loadout not the current one.
    Post edited by yashmak#1787 on
  • ulvien123ulvien123 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    CW Bugs:
    • Storm Spell: Sometimes when it procs on the hit from DOT like Opressive Force, Icy Terrain or Conduit of Ice, it deals much less damage than the other storm spell hits. I'm not quite sure what causes it to deal less damage, https://pasteboard.co/GMSO8Hpj.png All I did was cast Condiut of Ice once.

• Storm Spell Off Hand Bonus: Does not adjust to the rank of storm spell, it always uses rank 1 even when the CW has rank 4. Also when it procs on a storm spell hit it will, the additional storm spell strike causes the original to deal less damage because it overwrites it. It does not deal a second strike because there was no first.

• CW Teleport: There seems to be a slight pause at the end teleport. Could you please remove it?
    Thanks
    :smile:
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    All classes bug:
    • You can't buy pioneer equipment for other classes at Port Nyanzaru
    So you must equip your alters with lower equipment or go for Primal directly.

PS: I know this is officially at the backlog (@nitocris83 confirmed it at another thread) I just post it as a reminder :)
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Oathbound Paladin Auras

- all auras should have a longer base range (like 50 feet or so)

- Aura Gifts should count as an aura (same range, affected by the heroic feat etc...). Its activation time doesn't make sense and should be removed. Why is it not called "Aura of this or that" ?
  • mayathesoftmayathesoft Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    Good morning, good afternoon,
    2 bugs, neither major nor class related, but since they have been reported several times, would be appreciated to have them resolved, especially the maurauders since a double influence event is scheduled 5-9 october:
    - 2x influence not working on maurauders event
    - display of hem guild's name iinstead of alliance name if "use alliance title" is enabled in history tab (have been told its the case on inspecting a toon even if disabled)
    Thank you^^
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    @rgutscheradev guys, please fix the friend notification in chat when they log on/off, its not showing on Xbox one, i have turned friend notification on in each of my 3 tabs, i have favorites and "normal friends" in my friendlist, neither are showing up when they log onto their toon(s) thank you!
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    How about fixing the invoke bug? Sometimes need to invoke 2-3 times for your counter to change.
    I aim to misbehave
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    niadan said:

niadan said:

ENERGON Companion's HP buff changes when porting to new zone and requires to be made idle and reslotted to gain max HP.

I think this is due to it not counting in the HP from legendary companion and VIP bonus when porting into new zone. So the effect is still 5%, but it doesnt apply to those two sources of HP when the zone changes.
    It is definitely NOT VIP, as I have tested this on Preview and doubt it is related to Legendary bonus as the amount of HP missing is the same regardless of how many Legendary Companions (0 to 5) I have slotted.

I suspect that it is a weird interaction with the Toughness Heroic Feat.
    I have just tested this on preview with a naked character, with and without Toughness Feat, and low and behold this issue only happens when you have the Toughness Feat and the Energon. It does not happen when you have only one or the other. I wonder if there are other powers,feats, etc from other classes that may behave similar.
  • dreadvenemousdreadvenemous Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    1) Players have to type twice in guild and alliance chat - some other players won't see the message if it is only sent once.

2) PLEASE show the last login for a character in the guild roster - it will hugely simplify roster management in guilds.

3) Alliance construction discount is not applied in the Guild - Stronghold menu - you have to go to the Alliance tab to see the discount.
  • karamekoskaramekos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    Given the investment needed to get a companion to legendary (which is understandable), I also vote for time spent fixing multiple legendary companion stat bonuses, please. As others have stated, thank you to the management team for endorsing time spent in this manner and to the developers who take these issues to resolution. Thank you again.
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    @rgutscheradev @noworries#8859 @nitocris83 good day on gwf there is a feat called mighty blade that none of our encounter or at wills benefit from. its an easy fix please could you make encounters such as weapon master strike at will ,hidden dagger, grand fissure, not so fast,roar and mighty leap benefit from this feat, thanks for reading.​​
  • vaness12378vaness12378 Member Posts: 9 Arc User

theguiido said:

Question: @rgutscheradev Is this the only time you will be fixing bugs? Or do you plan on doing more in the future? It would be pretty nice to know October isn't the only time you plan on doing this, especially since there are SO MANY class specific bugs. Many of the class specific issues I really never see get fixed.

General Game Pet Peeves

I will edit this post more if more ideas come to mind.

There is no [Friend Log on Notify] for Xbox Players. PS4 and PC have this feature where you are able to see when a friend has logged on.

Garb of the Wild Noble fashion does not properly attach the mid section to the legs.

Shadow Demon in Open World PvP.

https://xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/ed21480f-dcd8-4d50-a292-f2251d84df0f

Guardian Fighter Bugs

Shield: When in Combat, Shield consistently goes up and down when the player is wanting to go into a defensive position and hold their shield up. It usually happens when an enemy player is about to use a daily, or a move like an encounter. It's been around for awhile and really hinders a GF survivability especially during those situations when you need your shield up the most.

Mark: Tab Primary Mark Focused Target's consistently lose there mark and sometimes you need to spam the Tab to keep it on. This is very annoying especially when trying to hold agro or trying to keep a Primary Focus Mark on an enemy player.

Strength Focus: How is the effectiveness of "Strength" increased? The video here clearly shows no ability score stats were increased, how exactly is it supposed to work because I have reports of people using it and then not using it and not really seeing a difference in damage or any attribute in Strength.

https://www.xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/59163b84-cb8c-49a1-b3ab-0f4c73158fca

Armor Specialization: Similar to above, how is the effectiveness of "Armor Class and Defense" increased? This video here shows no Armor Class was increased from before, and there was no increase in Damage Resistance in anyway.

https://www.xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/f8ae7dbf-e8b1-4ecf-bf83-2b0945906e56

Jagged Blades: Does not proc correctly. When using an Encounter or Daily sometimes Jagged Blades do not proc onto an enemy like it should.

Villain's Menace: Does not make you CC immune. This has been for a while. You are still able to be Prone, Knocked, Stunned, Dazed, Disabled, Rooted, Paralyzed, and Interrupted and also says (You cannot use this power). Also the Damage Resistance you gain while in the buff is not able to be seen as a stat. I know it is a buff, but for clarity reasons it should be a stat. The cast time is a huge issue as it takes very long to cast, and can easily be interrupted by CC. A QoL change would to change it so it also has a quicker cast time.

Indomitable Strength: Range issue: Uses the Players Action Points and does the animation, but the enemy is not Knocked or Prone, nor are they even hit with the move.

https://xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/6b3e8f30-0f18-4589-8430-f81c02c30b4b

Also @sgrantdev#8718 was looking into this issue, but I thought it would be worth it to also show you since this can also be a good opportunity for you to check it out and get it fixed.
    theguiido said:
    Yes, the Villain's Menace is on pc too, sometimes the cc inmunity is not being applied, also the shield bug is on pc, but is more related to lag.

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    - Cordon of Arrows doesn't work properly with Aspect of the Serpent (i.e. it doesn't provide a melee stack of AotS).
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    pterias said:

Journal Achievements:
    - Exploration->'Icespire Mountaineer': Never was able to be completed (already mentioned in 2nd post of 2nd page). Needs to be removed from the journal.

I don't know how a player who reported this achievement as broken way back in the day learned this information, but allegedly the achievement consists of hitting a number of waypoints, two of which are off the map (one can be reached via shenanigans, and the other not at all). The achievement could be fixed by relocating or removing those waypoints. There is no reason to remove it if it can be fixed. Removing features instead of repairing them properly is bad.*
    pterias said:

- Quests->'Polices Drunk Orcs': Never worked. I thought I read it was going to be removed long ago, but it's still in my journal, can't be completed. Needs to be removed from journal.

There were patch notes indicating intent to remove this achievement. But presumably it was intended to be completed by killing the fleeing drunk orc before it escapes, which can be done, so the achievement could be made functional, presumably. It's not as though we don't have many other achievements celebrating our homicidal impulses.

good day on gwf there is a feat called mighty blade that none of our encounter or at wills benefit from. its an easy fix please could you make encounters such as weapon master strike at will ,hidden dagger, grand fissure, not so fast,roar and mighty leap benefit from this feat, thanks for reading.​​

This isn't entirely accurate. My understanding is Mighty Blade applies to any power with an AoE described as "burst", but the tooltip suggests it should apply to anything that hits multiple targets, and does not.

-------------------------------------

*Neck equipment visuals while mounted. Please make these work again. Party line was that the patch note proudly declaring "cloaks will no longer show up as floating while mounted" did not actually mean "we gave up and just disabled these" and it's an unintended side effect, but we are proud of our appearances and we spend a LOT of time on our mounts. If it's unintended, please put in the time to correct it. I'd rather go back to seeing other people's cloaks float sometimes than not see mine ever.

Another patch note that never actually made it into reality is for all unused overload enchants of the same type to stack. Glyphs/black ice overloads still don't, and oh boy is that annoying.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Journal Achievements:
    - Exploration->'Icespire Mountaineer': Never was able to be completed (already mentioned in 2nd post of 2nd page). Needs to be removed from the journal.

I don't know how a player who reported this achievement as broken way back in the day learned this information, but allegedly the achievement consists of hitting a number of waypoints, two of which are off the map (one can be reached via shenanigans, and the other not at all). The achievement could be fixed by relocating or removing those waypoints. There is no reason to remove it if it can be fixed. Removing features instead of repairing them properly is bad.*

- Quests->'Polices Drunk Orcs': Never worked. I thought I read it was going to be removed long ago, but it's still in my journal, can't be completed. Needs to be removed from journal.

There were patch notes indicating intent to remove this achievement. But presumably it was intended to be completed by killing the fleeing drunk orc before it escapes, which can be done, so the achievement could be made functional, presumably. It's not as though we don't have many other achievements celebrating our homicidal impulses.

good day on gwf there is a feat called mighty blade that none of our encounter or at wills benefit from. its an easy fix please could you make encounters such as weapon master strike at will ,hidden dagger, grand fissure, not so fast,roar and mighty leap benefit from this feat, thanks for reading.

This isn't entirely accurate. My understanding is Mighty Blade applies to any power with an AoE described as "burst", but the tooltip suggests it should apply to anything that hits multiple targets, and does not.

*Neck equipment visuals while mounted. Please make these work again. Party line was that the patch note proudly declaring "cloaks will no longer show up as floating while mounted" did not actually mean "we gave up and just disabled these" and it's an unintended side effect, but we are proud of our appearances and we spend a LOT of time on our mounts. If it's unintended, please put in the time to correct it. I'd rather go back to seeing other people's cloaks float sometimes than not see mine ever.

Another patch note that never actually made it into reality is for all unused overload enchants of the same type to stack. Glyphs/black ice overloads still don't, and oh boy is that annoying.

so its a bug then tiger-14.giftiger-14.gif​​
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I know it's not much of a bug but it is a flaw.
    Please change the hunter rangers archery capstone from a debuff to a self vbuff. That will help the class build tremendously as it is so low in damage.
    Post edited by eliybeats on
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Tiefling tails disappear while on mounts.
  • eliybeatseliybeats Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    Also can you remove the lag at the start of forest ghost daily for hr.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Preview bonding maybe bugs.

Companion refreshes the bonding 3 times at start after 3 companion attacks.
    Also it refreshes after 27 seconds instead afer 30 ? The timer refreshes back to 00:30 when it reaches 00:03.

IF i remember well you said : 30 sec duration and 30 sec cooldown.
    So the correct should be:

1: Companion attack.
    2: The gift proc with 30 sec timer and at 00:00 companion attack should refresh it not earlier.

thanks.
  • ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
    In T9G, if you get the tunnel collapse trap where you have to carry the stones to the pile, it can bug out and not give you the final stone and you have to restart the entire instance again.. This may be related if someone disconnects while carrying the stone? I've only had this bug happen twice so I cant be more specific than this.. maybe someone else can elaborate?
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Auction house does not show the proper search result when used after login. I'm used to switch page to my listed items and back to work.

It's not a very infuriating thing, but those everyday waste times stacks up.
  • gor1llaf1stgor1llaf1st Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    cant buy gear for other classes through the chultan riches equipment vendor, comes up with a blank page
  • gor1llaf1stgor1llaf1st Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    all my older legendary dod rings are still character bound and not account bound......BUG
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Baphomet's Wall of Stone
    Even if you move clearly out of the red area (even with teleport for CWs or dodge for TRs), the wall hits you. It does not happen if you manage to teleport/dodge twice before Baphomet finishes his spell

Combo of TR's invisibility and dodge ability blocks encounters
    Enter invisibility, dodge towards an enemy. Right after the dodge roll hit an encounter (e.g. lashing blade). The encounter animation is shown, but no damage is done and the encounter does not go to cooldown.

"Breakdance" animation with mirage weapons
    I am not sure when this is triggered (some combo of Duelist's Flurry and encounter power) but at a rate of 50% my TR does not stop with the Duelist's Flurry animation even after the enemy is dead and decayed. Riding a mount does not stop the breakdance - when the TR dismounts, the breakdance continues. Dodging does stop it, however.

Spheres of Decay in CN
    The damage area is often not top layer of the floor, so it is not obvious when to teleport/dodge/block/... the sphere. Experienced players can guess, but in Orcus' lair too many have died already from guessing wrong. ;-)
    Post edited by therealprotex on
This discussion has been closed.