test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: October Bugfix Month

Comments

• preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    GF line breaker assault will fire while jumping but does nothing but trigger the cd

DC break the spirit and prophesy of doom in divinity mode unusable because the animations won't interrupt themselves, don't fire but uses divinity dot

Quest tracker prefers quests out of zone, should be limited to within zone, then preferring local area, ex: sharandar, dread ring, chult quests can take you back to quest giver even if it's a days hike into another area, when you have other, closer things to do

Quest tracker doesn't work well in parties at all... "quest cannot be shared" and it can't resolve two people having the same random node type quest ex: Stencil Cypher
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

GF line breaker assault will fire while jumping but does nothing but trigger the cd

Addendum:

Marauder's Escape exhibits the same behavior: you'll get the cooldown, but the power will not give its effect.

GWF Punishing Charge also exhbits this behavior.

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    Aura of Courage only gives .9% buff to non Palis.

ENERGON Companion's HP buff changes when porting to new zone and requires to be made idle and reslotted to gain max HP.
    edited September 2017
    Whatever is causing fluctuating stat drops...multiple Legendary Companions...New Bondings Mechanic...Or Both...is Seriously annoying beyond anything else in game!
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    game tends to crash often when loading maps.
    loading bar gets stuck and im forced to kill the process.
    When doing the Explorer's Guild skill node quest for Influence, the class specific nodes do not have required items "cups on crack" or something like that.
    edited September 2017
    Icy Terrain:

Obscures red areas

Has no affect on uneven surfaces

Does no damage to frozen targets

Bugs out Feytouched by resetting cooldown on each tic, but not duration.
    Post edited by niadan on
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited September 2017

dupeks said:

Also gonna chime in with a few :P

A happy return to Weapon Enchantments (the rework that started it all)

An uncertain future into bonding behavior
    • The bonding feedback thread is a lot to wade through, but the biggest concern I have is the proc behavior intended for Companion's Gift.
    • It appears Companion's Gift has been implemented as a mechanic where it is up a certain amount of time (the cooldown), for which stats are "snap-shotted" and the gift buff is not refreshed. Once it ends, the gift falls off and must be re-proc'ed. It may also have some strang re-snapshotting available during the first few seconds of the effect.
      https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12983606
    • This behavior is unpredictable and favors fast-attacking companions. It also results in bizarre interactions with stat buffs that the companions may have. Since the gift is long, properly timed coordination can result in unintended duration for stat increases. On the flip side, slower attacking companions develop a short but not insignificant gap in gift uptime between the gift falling off and re-procing, which was not present before the rework.
    • If the intent was to allow for stat consistency in bondings (as I believe should be the case, given the need to balance stats like arpen and crit carefully), then the behavior should be reverted to Companion's Gift being refreshed during it's duration, with stat increases being re-"snap-shotted" at a higher frequency to prevent both issues discussed above.
      https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/12981268
    Also, a cosmetic bug And finally, titles Bonus feature request Edit: Expanded a little bit sorry :P
    But we have this already the companion refreshing almost all the time and we have those stats and on live. What changes is that the power buff may hit the companion when the player will already the companion gift ( and i think i repeat i think that is the intention the power buff to not be permanent on a companion).
    I respectfully disagree, and hope that the devs are not intending this.

What this does is make power sharing inconsistent and unpredictable. You're correct that if I fire off AA at the wrong time, it might miss. But if I fire it off at the right time, it stays up even if the companion's AA balls get removed from damage. And it allows individual BoB amplifications to stay up for a lot longer than intended.

So it needlessly introduces stat fluctuations and strange rotation strategies when employing power sharing.

If that's intended to discourage use of the mechanic or to reduce it's effectiveness, they should actually do that instead of introducing inconsistent and difficult to predict mechanics.

And the small gap between Gift applications is also annoying and needlessly inconsistent.

Just my opinion of course :)
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    niadan said:

Aura of Courage only gives .9% buff to non Palis.

ENERGON Companion's HP buff changes when porting to new zone and requires to be made idle and reslotted to gain max HP.

Added to this, players other than the pally only gain the first point value of this regardless of how many points are in it.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Awesome, thank you for doing this,

Lets see how many things you can fix :dizzy:

Again, this is the kind of things this game needs, communication between devs and players.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • cilginordekcilginordek Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    niadan said:

I think this is due to it not counting in the HP from legendary companion and VIP bonus when porting into new zone. So the effect is still 5%, but it doesnt apply to those two sources of HP when the zone changes.
  • vaness12378vaness12378 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    theguiido said:

Question: @rgutscheradev Is this the only time you will be fixing bugs? Or do you plan on doing more in the future? It would be pretty nice to know October isn't the only time you plan on doing this, especially since there are SO MANY class specific bugs. Many of the class specific issues I really never see get fixed.

General Game Pet Peeves

I will edit this post more if more ideas come to mind.

There is no [Friend Log on Notify] for Xbox Players. PS4 and PC have this feature where you are able to see when a friend has logged on.

Garb of the Wild Noble fashion does not properly attach the mid section to the legs.

Shadow Demon in Open World PvP.

https://xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/ed21480f-dcd8-4d50-a292-f2251d84df0f

Guardian Fighter Bugs

Shield: When in Combat, Shield consistently goes up and down when the player is wanting to go into a defensive position and hold their shield up. It usually happens when an enemy player is about to use a daily, or a move like an encounter. It's been around for awhile and really hinders a GF survivability especially during those situations when you need your shield up the most.

Mark: Tab Primary Mark Focused Target's consistently lose there mark and sometimes you need to spam the Tab to keep it on. This is very annoying especially when trying to hold agro or trying to keep a Primary Focus Mark on an enemy player.

Strength Focus: How is the effectiveness of "Strength" increased? The video here clearly shows no ability score stats were increased, how exactly is it supposed to work because I have reports of people using it and then not using it and not really seeing a difference in damage or any attribute in Strength.

https://www.xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/59163b84-cb8c-49a1-b3ab-0f4c73158fca

Armor Specialization: Similar to above, how is the effectiveness of "Armor Class and Defense" increased? This video here shows no Armor Class was increased from before, and there was no increase in Damage Resistance in anyway.

https://www.xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/f8ae7dbf-e8b1-4ecf-bf83-2b0945906e56

Jagged Blades: Does not proc correctly. When using an Encounter or Daily sometimes Jagged Blades do not proc onto an enemy like it should.

Villain's Menace: Does not make you CC immune. This has been for a while. You are still able to be Prone, Knocked, Stunned, Dazed, Disabled, Rooted, Paralyzed, and Interrupted and also says (You cannot use this power). Also the Damage Resistance you gain while in the buff is not able to be seen as a stat. I know it is a buff, but for clarity reasons it should be a stat. The cast time is a huge issue as it takes very long to cast, and can easily be interrupted by CC. A QoL change would to change it so it also has a quicker cast time.

Indomitable Strength: Range issue: Uses the Players Action Points and does the animation, but the enemy is not Knocked or Prone, nor are they even hit with the move.

https://xboxclips.com/The+Guiido/6b3e8f30-0f18-4589-8430-f81c02c30b4b

Also @sgrantdev#8718 was looking into this issue, but I thought it would be worth it to also show you since this can also be a good opportunity for you to check it out and get it fixed.
    theguiido said:
    Yes, the block bug is on pc too

• pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    These are low-priority, but *seem* like easy-ish fixes. (I know "seeming' easy doesn't necessarily make them so.)

Journal Achievements:
    - Exploration->'Icespire Mountaineer': Never was able to be completed (already mentioned in 2nd post of 2nd page). Needs to be removed from the journal.

- Quests->'Polices Drunk Orcs': Never worked. I thought I read it was going to be removed long ago, but it's still in my journal, can't be completed. Needs to be removed from journal.

- The achievements for the skirmishes 'Defend the Village', 'Blacklake Terror', and 'Aberrant Assault' cannot be achieved if they were missed while leveling up. Adding these as CTAs would solve the issue.

Collection:
    - Some Companions don't trigger collection entries:
    - - Kenku Archer (possibly a conflict between Zen version and chest-drop version)
    - - Vicious Dire Wolf below Epic rank (same as above, but may be WAI since the entry is for epic version)

- Some Mounts don't trigger collection entries:
    - - Medium Palomino Horse (gained from Winter Fest, may be a conflict between that and original source)

There are probably other missing collections entries, but these are from my own experience.
  • dusty991dusty991 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Yes,lots of bugs. The most annoying bug for me is watching my fire or air archon take the initiative to go pull more mobs while im still picking up loot from the mobs i just killed. And that wouldnt be so bad considering that i have great survivability,accept that by the time im done killing the 3,4,or 5 extra groups of mobs, half the loot i got has disappeared.This happens constantly in yaun-ti area near "house of the crocodile.
    another major bug is that we r not getting ANY control resist! my artifact off hand is suppossed to give me and allies 20% control resist when using aura of courage,But i have yet to see any evidence of it.On my character page there is a place for control resist in the PvP section,but no where else.I should be getting 20% from AoC,24% from guild boon, and 11% from wisdom, But I cant see a single buff for it and it is not on char page so I have to assume I am not getting any of it. However,this is NOT a bug,its an oversight, Because if it was a bug it would show it on char page and just simply not be working. This was never an issue before chult, as I never needed it, but in chult 50% of mobs use control effects on us, and close to that amount are then in turn immune to control effects. And BTW, anyone who has ever played table top D&D knows that paladins are immune to fear, and elves are immune to charm and sleep. Chult kinda reminds me of everquest, where we used to have to kill a certain mob called a placeholder 300,500,or even 1000 times to get the mob we were after to spawn, but at least in EQ when that mob did finally spawn u were 100% gauranteed to get the drop. here we have a 10% to spawn and then a 10% to get the drop. doing the math, thats a 1% chance to get something you will likely need 100's of. I'm sorry, but that is pathetic.
    Post edited by dusty991 on
    edited October 2017
    just a fyi, the guards ridingdinos in port have the rope that ties their wpns together attached to the dinos rump instead of the wpns and moves with dino and looks ridiculous.just get behind one and follow him,u cant miss it.and there r alot of skill kits in chult that dont open. it says "arcane kit success,but doesnt open the kit to retrieve its contents.
    Post edited by dusty991 on
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    dupeks said:

dupeks said:

• The bonding feedback thread is a lot to wade through, but the biggest concern I have is the proc behavior intended for Companion's Gift.
    • It appears Companion's Gift has been implemented as a mechanic where it is up a certain amount of time (the cooldown), for which stats are "snap-shotted" and the gift buff is not refreshed. Once it ends, the gift falls off and must be re-proc'ed. It may also have some strang re-snapshotting available during the first few seconds of the effect.
    • This behavior is unpredictable and favors fast-attacking companions. It also results in bizarre interactions with stat buffs that the companions may have. Since the gift is long, properly timed coordination can result in unintended duration for stat increases. On the flip side, slower attacking companions develop a short but not insignificant gap in gift uptime between the gift falling off and re-procing, which was not present before the rework.
    • If the intent was to allow for stat consistency in bondings (as I believe should be the case, given the need to balance stats like arpen and crit carefully), then the behavior should be reverted to Companion's Gift being refreshed during it's duration, with stat increases being re-"snap-shotted" at a higher frequency to prevent both issues discussed above.
    Also, a cosmetic bug And finally, titles Bonus feature request Edit: Expanded a little bit sorry :P
    But we have this already the companion refreshing almost all the time and we have those stats and on live. What changes is that the power buff may hit the companion when the player will already the companion gift ( and i think i repeat i think that is the intention the power buff to not be permanent on a companion).

What this does is make power sharing inconsistent and unpredictable. You're correct that if I fire off AA at the wrong time, it might miss. But if I fire it off at the right time, it stays up even if the companion's AA balls get removed from damage. And it allows individual BoB amplifications to stay up for a lot longer than intended.

So it needlessly introduces stat fluctuations and strange rotation strategies when employing power sharing.

If that's intended to discourage use of the mechanic or to reduce it's effectiveness, they should actually do that instead of introducing inconsistent and difficult to predict mechanics.

And the small gap between Gift applications is also annoying and needlessly inconsistent.

So you prefer or completely remove it from companion or to stay 100% uptime the companion buffed?( which is the case on live). What happens on peview is something at the middle.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited October 2017

dupeks said:

dupeks said:

So you prefer or completely remove it from companion or to stay 100% uptime the companion buffed?( which is the case on live). What happens on peview is something at the middle.
    Yes, I absolutely prefer them to adjust the power in a sensible way, rather than leaving it in an inconsistent and unpredictable state.

If they think it's too strong, I want them to adjust the % until they are happy with it.

If they think buffed stats shouldn't transfer through bondings, they should rework the power that way and then balance the % power share powers to keep them viable afterward.

As usual, I don't understand what you're on about so I'll probably politely disengage from further conversation on this topic.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    dupeks said:

dupeks said:

dupeks said:

Yes, I absolutely prefer them to adjust the power in a sensible way, rather than leaving it in an inconsistent and unpredictable state.

If they think it's too strong, I want them to adjust the % until they are happy with it.

If they think buffed stats shouldn't transfer through bondings, they should rework the power that way and then balance the % power share powers to keep them viable afterward.

As usual, I don't understand what you're on about so I'll probably politely disengage from further conversation on this topic.
    The power buff on the player is consistent.
    since the DEVS like easy fixes,heres one. in the temple at the top left of map,where u have to enter from behind it, the quest that goes with it,"gather magical glyphs", the glyphs display the tooltip "press f to collect relic. ei:typo. and in the "pillaging the pirates quest instance,at the end where u have to board the ship after clicking on the barrel my pet refuses to board the ship, which means my bonding r useless during the fight because he cant attack anything.
    I could keep posting more bugs as i remember them,but I want to ask the devs a simple question. Imagine if u bought a brand new $50k sports car and after only 3 days u realized that more than 20% of the features on it didnt work, so u take it back to the dealer and they tell u "we will fix aas much of the easy stuff as we can, but we cant fix everything". would u ever buy a car from them again? after reading these posts i can see there are alot of things that need fixed, and I, personally think that no more content should be added until everything is fixed.
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    > @niadan said:
    > Whatever is causing fluctuating stat drops...multiple Legendary Companions...New Bondings Mechanic...Or Both...is Seriously annoying beyond anything else in game!

Out of every possible bug in the game, I would consider this bug fix month a success of only this was fixed.

Holy hell is this annoying.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    @rgutscheradev Foundry has 2 rather large bugs.

1. Quests keep failing to publish. This is actually a problem for the work around of the 2nd bug.
    2. Map transitions are not working in the editor. When a quest is published, the map transitions work accordingly on the live server, but in the Play Story mode the map transitions move the test player back to the map entrance or spawn point. The work around was to publish and then test on the live server, but with publishing failures it's a vicious circle.

I know, priorities, but at least it's out there. Maybe put it at the bottom of the white board and erase it when you get to it?
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Also something that comes to mind with the foundry are the teleporters. Once you place them, if you load a preview to test out the map, they turn about 25 degrees in a seemingly random direction. If you adjust their location in the 3d editor, then reload, they turn even more than they turned before upon reload. This is most noticeable with the castle style ones that look like a castle doorway block.
    Post edited by zebular on
  • blindfury11blindfury11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 52 Arc User
    Bear mounts (Polar bear, Savage polar bear and moonbear have an extremely quiet roar (when pressing space bar)
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    The campfire before facing the 2nd boss in Spellplague boss does not allow you to change loadouts.

edited October 2017

niadan said:

I think this is due to it not counting in the HP from legendary companion and VIP bonus when porting into new zone. So the effect is still 5%, but it doesnt apply to those two sources of HP when the zone changes.
    It is definitely NOT VIP, as I have tested this on Preview and doubt it is related to Legendary bonus as the amount of HP missing is the same regardless of how many Legendary Companions (0 to 5) I have slotted.

I suspect that it is a weird interaction with the Toughness Heroic Feat.
  • erekosedm#9288 erekosedm Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    - there is an option to 'discard' adjacent to the 'remove intact' button on companions runestones, also on the character equipment screen enchants on the gear (using 'Manage Item Enchantments..').
    No one needs a suicide button right next to the button you do need during rune/enchantment swaps. Discard the discard option! If you are hell bent on destroying you runestones and enchantments make them remove it off gear, and summon /be next to a salvage anvil in order to complete the destruction.
    Additionally the lunatic option of 'discard' does not have a static location on gear. If a player were used to it being option 4, it could be all bad if they were in a habit too fast or any lag. It's like an evil rng where the discard option will be lurking.

Edit: 'discard' = 'destroy runestone' & 'destroy enchantment'

- while in a kayak your full Gear Score is not viewable to other players. Makes it tedious to get into runs, when I'm just trying to multitask / not be bored during down time.

- companions won't spawn on map/dungeon if you were traveling by kayak when you are pulled into the event. Annoying when you realize after a boss battle.

- HR offhand artifact power strength of the Pack only functions up to rank 3. Ranking the HR skill Str of Pack to 4 breaks the offhand bonus.

- on ps4 during new character creation, the breast size slider has been broken since the original mod released on the console. Clicking left and right on the D pad makes noise and a slight character animation like walk for split second, but the slider is locked in the middle.

- the journal system per character never remembers my settings of what I want minimized per zone. It always pops everything open, the opposite of what I probably want. Pls remember settings and add a close all toggle checkbox.

- quest lines want to take me out of zone to do low level quests. Odds are good I want same zone other quests or quests from zones not minimized on the journal list.
    Post edited by erekosedm#9288 on
  • wickedlilly#3409 wickedlilly Member Posts: 1 New User
    sw - killing flames spawns a soul puppet that immediately despawns and does no damage.
  • yashmak#1787 yashmak Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Great!! Here's mine:

1- <b>Legendary companion</b> bonus. It fluctuates and sometimes it doesn't seem to work at all.

2- Items going to overflow bag when switching loadouts even if bag has lots of free slots. It happens to every single switch.

3- Wrong IL when inspecting a player (presumably it doesn't count the active companion)

4- Icy Terrain and Ice Knife require multiple key presses to trigger. On the other side, when the game is lagging their animations play multiple times lagging the chance to cast other spells. Sometimes that happens to Steal Time too.

5- Friends window sorting doesn't work.

6- Please remove any animation inside the mailbox. Collecting attachments and deleting mails is a pain.

7- Not being able to switch loadouts when items are cooling down. Loadouts could be so useful but since they are so buggy and don't switch enchants, mounts power and so on they are really a lot less useful than what they could be.

8- Please make quest journal's settings (expanded items, selected quests) permanent.

9- Not being able to sell relics if inventory is full.

10- Not being able to collect some items even if they would stack when the inventory is full (i.e. potions).

11- Cw's go into combat animation too often. Cw's combat animation is awful.

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.