test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: PVP Changes

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Also courage breaker needs a cool down like hallowed ground to make it far less attractive for use.

TBH, I think it would not be terrible for the game if all dailies were given this treatment so that any that still have a durational AP lockout could have that removed, and the balance problems of chaining certain dailies is reduced.

Mind you, the intent of the daily with a cooldown is that you still CAN chain it, but this is based on the character having sufficient sources of recovery and cooldown reduction. For example, in a big HE situation, it's no great feat for my average-ish DC to cast back-to-back Hallowed Ground because of paladins on the scene and so forth. I don't quite have the recovery to pull that off when I'm alone.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • alfalolzalfalolz Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    weird desicion by devs putting 5 sec on CB - why not putting global cool down like hallowed Ground??????
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    alfalolz said:

weird desicion by devs putting 5 sec on CB - why not putting global cool down like hallowed Ground??????

that's because they don't understand the game mechanics as much as we do.

5 seconds is enough time for the spammers to spam again.

But for those of us that don't do the spam.. we suffer....

It's like banning people who don't bot and letting botters bot freely...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    I'm not sure why it's ok for cb to cause a target to become pseudo "rooted" by reducing a players run speed to 0% through slow stacking. It never used to be this way until a few mods ago when they released SKT after they nerfed ambush rings. Before that you actually could still move, just at a reduced speed so it could be overcome with enough movement speed.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User

I'm not sure why it's ok for cb to cause a target to become pseudo "rooted" by reducing a players run speed to 0% through slow stacking. It never used to be this way until a few mods ago when they released SKT after they nerfed ambush rings. Before that you actually could still move, just at a reduced speed so it could be overcome with enough movement speed.

thats not true.... bilethorn cloud of steel with artifact slow bonus+ courage breaker = you go no where
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • andre#8369 andre Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Reducing the effect from 10 secs to 5 should just tell you they don't really play the game like claimed lol. Or at least don't pvp much
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited September 2017

thats not true.... bilethorn cloud of steel with artifact slow bonus+ courage breaker = you go no where
    Yes it is. CB alone at times completely inflicts a person to a run speed of 0%. I've had it happen to me numerous amounts of times. Your only way to move is STUCK IN PLACE and you end up spinning like a merry go round with nowhere to go until the CB debuff is gone. It is a bug that should not be there.
    Post edited by theguiido on
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Sw's already nerfed to the ground... 50% reduction in healing from all sources will be overkill don't you think?
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• sgrantdev#8718 sgrantdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 22 Cryptic Developer
    theguiido said:
    Thanks for the videos. It is hard to tell what other ability is causing you to go to 0 after courage breaker hits. Do you have an idea of what other debuff may be causing the stacking issue?
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    @sgrantdev also reducing courage breaker to 5 seconds from 10 does not help your proposed design philosophy of reducing cc spam in PvP when it can be cast multiple times in succession anyways

as with most powers/ dailies (not just on Tr) It is not the courage break / smoke bomb duration / cc element that is the problem but the frequency that they can be applied ...
  • sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    @sgrantdev#8718

I believe the interaction that @theguiido is talking about has something to do with stealth smokebomb slow effect and possibly the artifact weapon cloud of steel feature (25% slowing effect) stacking movement speed down to 0%.
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User

theguiido said:
    Thanks for the videos. It is hard to tell what other ability is causing you to go to 0 after courage breaker hits. Do you have an idea of what other debuff may be causing the stacking issue?
    Thanks for replying @sgrantdev#8718

As @sh00termcl0vin mentioned, It is a combination of the Courage Break slow and a stealth Smoke Bomb. It also occurs with the Cloud of Steel Artifact Power.

It is also worth mentioning that you get CC'd while in Villain's Menace as seen in the videos.

Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2017

You need to make something with kicks from PvP. Cuz very often players kick other players until they have a strong team.

So this right here, it is seriously annoying how easily you can just sit and kick players in a match never being able to finish the match at all. Especially if you are already in a fight and half half way done with it... Out of nowhere you just get kicked out for no reason EVEN WHEN YOUR TEAM IS WINNING!

The believe the best thing you could of done with the CC issue was make a player totally immune to CC for 5-10 seconds only once they would get a CC power on them. This would give multiple casting (from Trapper built Hunter Rangers and Control Wizard) a better fighting edge.
    Jixem: Your social one stop spot.
    STAR TREK ONLINE CHARACTERS
    DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: NEVERWINTER CHARACTERS
    "Sell, buy, communicate and share all on one site... A fully free service!
    - Jixem: My social website, check it out! -
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I asked the devs if the new global 4 hour kick timer applies to pvp ... and no answer .. i think it does tho
    only 1 kick allowed every 4 hours ...

Still no changes For CC or any feedback from the devs at all!!

The lastest dev blog for pvp STILLs lists CC as a 15 second cool down ........ no tweaks nothing on our feedback
    1 month to go before launch of mod12b and still no word on one of the most controversial changes .. and little time left to put builds on preview to test
  • miyanaamiyanaa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    alfalolz said:

I was thinking the same. Why not ALL dailies have such a long CD like HG does? Its a DAILY power, shouldnt be used every second
    PvP DC ~ Meep Neox
    YouTube
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Maybe we can just remove dailies from PvP
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    LAst time i took screenshot from the us time zone.

Lets see now europe time zone.

xm things seem better we see 10 poeple in rivenscar.

and 10 poeple in hotenow.

impressed that beats the 0 rivenscar 0 hotenow us time zone.

• alfalolzalfalolz Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Been playing Dps DC in pvp since Mod5, just tested changes with astral shield. and i can tell that DPS DC is DEAD ) i know it wasnt so much of a popular choice) but now its officially DEAD

Literally we got nothing to damage, nothing to defent ourself and nothing to heal with the nurfed healing.

RIP DPS DC.

p.s. - i hope Devs will revert the astral shield back to what it is now on Live.
  • neoandathneoandath Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I rewatched the video I tagged above in my previous post. I counted at least 39 dailies used by the TR in that single match (courage breaker + blood bath). I hope that this brings to light some of the imbalances as it relates to recovery and TRs. Thanks.
  • neoandathneoandath Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Here is another video showing the high recovery/courage breaker/smoke bomb/blood bath/shadow of demise TR build in action.

https://youtu.be/Q5FViHNSVLA
  • eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    Sorry, I didn't read the prior 9 pages. I just wanted to comment that CW took major DPS nerfs because "we're supposed to be controllers / support function". Then all the bosses got control immunity, and now PVPers get control immunity. What exactly are we supposed to control? Are we really the trash men of the dungeons?

Here's a good test whether a change is sane: if you applied it to the equivalent feature of another class, does it make sense? For example, if we added the same 'diminishing returns' to healing, melee damage and ranged damage, would that make the game more fun? If you've been healed, next heal doesn't work so well...4th hit from GWF does 0 damage? Rogue invisibility distance shrinks on each hide?

Heh. Watch the 'disagree' button light up. Let me guess 'CW dosen't require any skill'...heh.