test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Bonding Runestone Changes

Comments

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    @treesclimber

About point one: eventually they will. When the change will hit the game will be harder. Let's see what the drop rate of the special stones in TONG will be

About point 4: let's see if loadouts with companions really come and even there you may have to regrind the companion gear (slots may be different) and if you already have Loyal gear on the pet I don't see you moving to an augment anyway.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    The % they are reducing it by is not the end of the world. It can be made up, the part that everyone will notice is the 30 sec snap shot of stats instead of the dynamic updating that we now have on live.
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    We're literally losing 120% of the stats outright. If that's not a lot, idk what is.
  • dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited September 2017

We're literally losing 120% of the stats outright. If that's not a lot, idk what is.

Well look at it from my point of view. The power loss is not going to be huge since it has the lowest value when considering how much we are getting from max power share groups. atm im normally setting between 250-270k power. Next I run 3 pieces of Loyal Avenger gear which has me setting currently at 105% crit and im at 110% arpen so when the changes happen and I upgrade my bondings to rank 13 I will still be above the 85% Arpen needed for ToNG and I will be just a little shy of crit cap but I have already leveled up a few mythic artifacts to make up for the crit loss and combine that with crit food and potion and im right back at 100% crit so the % loss doesn't really hit me at all.

wink wink nudge nudge the sky isn't falling. we have double RP atm, plan ahead for what you will lose and you have plenty of time to work to offset it.

And with the time you have tell 12.5 launches there is no reason to not have the 1,125,000 AD needed to buy the reagents to upgrade your bondings and enchants on the companion to rank 13 within 5 min of it going live.

the 30 sec snapshot is going to be more of a pain. having to wait tell the buffs/debuffs are applied before we run in to attack.
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    46 pages ignored and still counting!
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Purple monkey dishwasher
    See what you started @beckylunatic
  • since the nerf is garunteed as of now, can we get a change to campaign keys to be account bound?
    im actually the gwf carry
  • giwakinsgiwakins Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    So basically you want us to buy 54 wards = $540 so we can go from lvl 12 to lvl 14. Nice!! time to say gooooooood bye!

• tecmysttecmyst Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    To be honest I wouldn't really mind small bonding nerf to get them more in pair with runestones, but the main problem here is that bondings were obtainable only via real money, how so?

Bondings don't drop from any content, they're only comes in lockboxes and with companions from zen store. To get zen, someone need to put real money in game first and only than other may rebuy zen via exchange.

For 2 years you've done nothing to fix this and when most ppl invest theire resources in bondings, you now want to do this, so they wake up in mod 12b just to see they're loosing on rank 12, 40% efficency. (was 50% uptime as well but you pass on that "idea"). But they will be refreshed every 30s to apply buff, is it something to do with stability fix or yet another nerf?

I persume you don't want to make agument companion useful with bondings (proposal: making bonding work with agument but with around half of normal companion efficiency, so with 3x r14 at 195% to normal companion, would give ~95% or a bit less cause agument can't die or be unsummoned by boss and additionally transfer hit points), but you wish to increase other runestones usebility.

In that case, I feel that for bondings owners it would be decent of you to make concession and make them avoide refining to rank 14.
    So when they got now 95% efficiency at rank 12 and grind two more ranks just to feel like loosing 30% and get a 65% efficiency at rank 14. (yeah I know it makes a twisted sense but, it would feel that way instead of increasing in new mod theire efficency by 10%)

So my proposal is to auto increase all bondings by 2lvls on new mod launch without any aditional costs. (rank 7 convert to r9; r8 to r10; r9 to r11 and so on...)
    This way last 2 years wouldn't feel like a big waste of time/money/effort.

Think about it and thanks for your hard work to make Neverwinter such a good and neverending experience :-)
  • valesiavalesia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    This all seems like a p2w nerf. all i hear is "omg i spent so much money"
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    valesia said:

This all seems like a p2w nerf. all i hear is "omg i spent so much money"

Ppl either did spent real money or time, to gear up. Lets see your reaction, when you did spent month, to get and refine an item and they tell you, thank you, but we will nerf it. But no worry, just spent 50 million AD, to refine your gear and you will have similar stats again.

The argument, that they want to make content harder is invalid, bc you can get almost the same stats via R 14s.

The argument, that they want to level the playing field is pure HAMSTER. How many ppl can afford 3 bondings R12 now. How many ppl will have full R 14s? With 3 R12s (9 including gear enchants) ppl were able to close the gap to BIS players in a significant way. Now the gap will be bigger.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    @tecmyst

Bondings in general are coming form 1 source - winter festival, where last year thousands of them hit the market. Then lockboxes companion packs and last source are those attached to companions from a zen store. So in general you can get tham form AH much cheaper then from any other source. It doesnt mean that ZEN store is healthy, but bondings were quite easy to get. I even start to think that all that last year double gifts issue, was to help flood the market to make bondings avilable to every player. And since even at lower level those help a lot even with doing solo activities players just started to relay on them and every nerf gona impact them, forcing to reagin what they lost.

@valesia

No its not, actually its just huge increse of p2w model here. Just take a look on that - BIS character, even according to present prices demands about 80KK - 100KK of AD - 27 enchantments 1 armor and 1 weapon enchant. Add legendary mount, 4 other mounts and epic insignias, add proper companions and gear for them (if those are loyal avengers cost is even higher). Prices are droping quite fast - 6 months ago Tenser was priced about 30kk AD now its 12kk. But still overall cost is simply huge. Now, amount of AD you can get per day is just 36k plus any drop you can gat (if any). Sure you can farm a lot spending your time, adding your alts to the picture, but still its nowhere near to what you need. Lets presume that you are quite decent player and have a firends to make dungeons/skirmishes easly - that way you can get lets say 100k of AD a day including a drop (if any) ist gona be average 120k-150k a day. Lets even pretend that that 150k is possible to get every day. Lets also pretend that you play every day. So within a year you can get (365 x 150k) about 55kk of AD. Yes I am awere that there are other ways to get AD, but still its time consuming so its highly unlikely that you will be able to get them every day from every possible source.

But if we get back to average player amounts of ADs he is getting are nowhere near to what I showed above. Add new random que system and it looks even worse.

Now, the MOD12b will bring another huge AD sink. BIS wont be BIS anymore. That wouldnt be that hard - just new borders for a grind - MMOs bread and butter, but this time with bondings nerf, all current BIS players gona struggle to... well and thats best joke... to regain stats on their tunes to pre MOD12b level. But his time its gone be evem more expensive thena before as you gona need about 100 new UMOPs (about 100k AD a piece if you are higher VIP rank, if not 125kAD a piece) and about 80 new legendary marks you can get form epic dungeons in chult or in lucky new lockbox drop. So market price for those gona be high.
    My guess, its gona add about 30-40kk of AD needed to be BIS again.

Sure this can look differen on different classes but I doubt that class based difference would be more than 10% in overall costs. And keep in mind that it is not invluding any loadouts you can have, as if those demand some different enchants price is going up even more.

So its not ending any p2w model here, its just make it stronger
  • sengir0#3465 sengir0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I've worked myself and was able to saved up enough to buy my car, it was a Hellcat. Took my wife for a long drive and was really happy with the purchase. My hard work really did paid off.

Then I got a call from my dealership saying they gave me a wrong car for the price I bought for, they told me I was supposed to get a SXT instead. I gave them back the car since I was stupid enough not to lawyer up. As I was at the dealership, the manager offered me that if I pay up another 20k on top of my initial payment, he can upgrade me to SRT8 instead of the SXT.

What should I do :|
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

What should I do :|

Find a new dealership? Take the car for one last spin and then push it over a cliff?
  • tecmysttecmyst Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    @gripnir78

Yes, you're correct with this one, but I intentionally didn't mention Winterfest becouse:
    first of all it's timegated event, second it's kina a lottery to get bondings from it, there is no 100% chance for that, but it's quite high, especially if you got many alts, third thing, we could include, is the need for other players to participate with gifts.
    So as you can see for person with limited amount of time and modarate atitude towards the game it's not that great.

The reason, for lower bonding price, were obviously players with alts armys.
    And actually thanks to them more could afford to buy bondings from ah (including myself for alts). When more ppl with good stuff than higher chances for better, more divers gameplay at higher content.
    I'm not scared for my main, he can stand it, but my alts that were somwhere from "not a burden for a group" to "quite nice team asset" will be moved to lower tier so less diversity in dungeons. (so after eresed content it will be even fewer options...)
    Now similar players will feel nerf the most.

That's why the plus 2lvl auto convert idea to all ranks, that would ease the pain a bit and put our efforts towards refining other enchants to higher lvl and not the ones we already had in higher efficiency than after the mod 12b hit. (95%->55% at r12)

tecmyst said:

@gripnir78

Yes, you're correct with this one, but I intentionally didn't mention Winterfest becouse:
    first of all it's timegated event, second it's kina a lottery to get bondings from it, there is no 100% chance for that, but it's quite high, especially if you got many alts, third thing, we could include, is the need for other players to participate with gifts.
    So as you can see for person with limited amount of time and modarate atitude towards the game it's not that great.

The reason, for lower bonding price, were obviously players with alts armys.
    And actually thanks to them more could afford to buy bondings from ah (including myself for alts). When more ppl with good stuff than higher chances for better, more divers gameplay at higher content.
    I'm not scared for my main, he can stand it, but my alts that were somwhere from "not a burden for a group" to "quite nice team asset" will be moved to lower tier so less diversity in dungeons. (so after eresed content it will be even fewer options...)
    Now similar players will feel nerf the most.

That's why the plus 2lvl auto convert idea to all ranks, that would ease the pain a bit and put our efforts towards refining other enchants to higher lvl and not the ones we already had in higher efficiency than after the mod 12b hit. (95%->55% at r12)

Besides, it's easy to make them all bound. That way beginners would get the bondings they want, high level players wouldn't be able to sell, but only maybe send to alts, therefore there's no bonding flood. There's literally SO MANY HAMSTER SOLUTIONS to the issue, and they went for the worst one.

For all their talk of "decreasing the gap" between top tiers and beginners, they haven't done much of it. In fact, they've done the exact opposite. @nitocris83 name literally ANY issue and I can tell you a solution that benefits both players and the devs, so you get your all-so-HAMSTER-important money, and we don't actually lose as much as you want us to lose apparently.
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Please don't make it personal with individual devs or other Cryptic folk... They have jobs to do, and they are doing them... none of these guys are out to get you, and comments like that just make for a bad relationship, which helps no one
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I have read all of these feedback threads from the beginning, and I never got the impression that nitrocris83 or any other Cryptic person is personally behind any of these changes
    I believe the "they" you are looking for is not among the group posting on these forums, so all I am saying is don't kill the messenger... in fact, the people that are posting on the forums are almost certainly doing so because they WANT to because they see things from our side and think of us and our opinions as valuable to the game

I'm 100% sure there are plenty of people at Cryptic that would quit their jobs if it became mandatory to post here and talk directly to us, some maybe out of disdain but most, I'm sure, out of fear... both points of view are perfectly understandable in today's overall gamer climate ...and also understandable just looking at a lot of the posts in these forums

There most definitely IS a relationship, and while it may not be what you want, its never going to improve unless we all take steps in the right direction, and my comment before was in regard to just one of the types of posts that really isn't helping anything

If you want to think of Cryptic as evil, fine... then you should consider the Cryptic folks posting here on the forums your tank, because they are absorbing a ton of the damage Cryptic would like to throw at you (just following the analogy lol)

The last thing you want to do is give them reason to go back to Cryptic and say "Yeah, they are all pretty much just HAMSTERS... Let em have it!"
  • eldeskaleldeskal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 214 Arc User
    Meh. This isn't a charity. I had really hoped VIP would be the final monitization strategy...and I was happy to pay for it, until they got greedy with the wards. For someone who works as a commercial software developer, it's obvious how this kind of decision comes down.

boss: why is your revenue so unpredictable? Good quarter / bad quarter /good quarter /bad quarter?
    dev: well, the players save all their currency for 2xRP, so they only need Coal wards (and other pay services) twice a year.
    boss: then eliminate 2xRP events.
    dev: but not that many players try to be BiS...this will just eliminate the coals we do sell during those times
    boss: then make BiS seem more approachable. Lower the cost of everything except coals. Make sure they can get all the RP and reagents they need so that every time they log in, that coal ward seems like less and less of a high cost to unlock the next step toward BiS.

So then they are happy for a quarter...but next quarter its 'why aren't we seeing 2% revenue growth quarter-over-quarter?' and we begin again. I've played since 2013, and have seen many cycles of this. You should either decide you can tolerate it, or stop playing F2P games.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @dukeguard#8158 said:
    > Online ftp games these days aren't really games anymore. Just a service really.
    >
    > People stop playing/paying eventually everything is lost.
    >
    > That's why I stopped paying/getting attached to games like these let alone naively think I get to keep my virtual bis weapons/armours/ legendary mounts or what not for forever. Indefinitely would be the word until the trend dies out.
    >
    > I had fun really. For 14 months since its launch on PS4. If it goes offline one day I say thank you for the memories.
    >
    > This business model is simply a hard pill to swallow.

> @preechr#2215 said:
    > Please don't make it personal with individual devs or other Cryptic folk... They have jobs to do, and they are doing them... none of these guys are out to get you, and comments like that just make for a bad relationship, which helps no one

These changes make for a bad relationship....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    eldeskal said:

Meh. This isn't a charity. I had really hoped VIP would be the final monitization strategy...and I was happy to pay for it, until they got greedy with the wards. For someone who works as a commercial software developer, it's obvious how this kind of decision comes down.

boss: why is your revenue so unpredictable? Good quarter / bad quarter /good quarter /bad quarter?
    dev: well, the players save all their currency for 2xRP, so they only need Coal wards (and other pay services) twice a year.
    boss: then eliminate 2xRP events.
    dev: but not that many players try to be BiS...this will just eliminate the coals we do sell during those times
    boss: then make BiS seem more approachable. Lower the cost of everything except coals. Make sure they can get all the RP and reagents they need so that every time they log in, that coal ward seems like less and less of a high cost to unlock the next step toward BiS.

So then they are happy for a quarter...but next quarter its 'why aren't we seeing 2% revenue growth quarter-over-quarter?' and we begin again. I've played since 2013, and have seen many cycles of this. You should either decide you can tolerate it, or stop playing F2P games.

Meanwhile the actual reason they aren't making money is because players are leaving due to paywalls and lack of content. Now with the content becoming too hard for some people, bye-bye money.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @gromovnipljesak#8234 said:
    > Meh. This isn't a charity. I had really hoped VIP would be the final monitization strategy...and I was happy to pay for it, until they got greedy with the wards. For someone who works as a commercial software developer, it's obvious how this kind of decision comes down.
    >
    > boss: why is your revenue so unpredictable? Good quarter / bad quarter /good quarter /bad quarter?
    > dev: well, the players save all their currency for 2xRP, so they only need Coal wards (and other pay services) twice a year.
    > boss: then eliminate 2xRP events.
    > dev: but not that many players try to be BiS...this will just eliminate the coals we do sell during those times
    > boss: then make BiS seem more approachable. Lower the cost of everything except coals. Make sure they can get all the RP and reagents they need so that every time they log in, that coal ward seems like less and less of a high cost to unlock the next step toward BiS.
    >
    > So then they are happy for a quarter...but next quarter its 'why aren't we seeing 2% revenue growth quarter-over-quarter?' and we begin again. I've played since 2013, and have seen many cycles of this. You should either decide you can tolerate it, or stop playing F2P games.
    >
    > Meanwhile the actual reason they aren't making money is because players are leaving due to paywalls and lack of content. Now with the content becoming too hard for some people, bye-bye money.

Not only this... we don't like repeating quests over and over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I've uninstalled this game from my ps4. I haven't logged on to my xbox in weeks. I am not actually out of space yet so I probably won't bother to uninstall it from there or pc for awhile. but yeah. I am actually gameless atm. I keep logging on here once a week or so hoping to hear of some kind of reversal but I can't play with this sort of thing. it really did kill the love for me. getting artificially set back when the game IS the levelling for me at this point is not something I can tolerate. I haven't had so much fun in this game that I'm like ah well it will still be fun.. because it won't. not gonna say i'm never coming back.. but if this isn't reversed or the compensation isn't heavy I'm probably not.

I'm unemployed. (don't need to work) and my free time is mostly spent gaming. Destiny has turned out to be a flop. battlefield 1 is entertaining for bits at a time. but for the most part there is nothing to grab me obsessively like this game did. that I have nothing else to do other than housework and goofing around on the computer yet I still am not motivated to log on to neverwinter even though i'm in an over 2 year habit of doing so says something. and I'm probably one of your more die hard, ocd fans.. lots have less tolerance than me. this makes me very sad.