test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing: Swords of Chult!

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
The upcoming release, Swords of Chult, arrives October 24 on PC!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10654304

Comments

• obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    Will there be al-mi'raj companions? (Not sure how I'd feel about that. But we do have strange things.)

Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User

What's the point of leaving you feedback when you guys ignored 45 pages of feedback under Bonding Runestones thread?

THATS a really good question.

• araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User

@nitocris83

To leave us your feedback on the upcoming release and join in on the discussion, visit the Preview Forums!

What's the point of leaving you feedback when you guys ignored 45 pages of feedback under Bonding Runestones thread?
    Lol.... i had the same reaction as you.
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I don't think they ignore it. I think that their priorities are set by people above the devs in the chain of command.
    I aim to misbehave
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    When it comes to a decision like that, I'd say it's more of a "it's 40 below, you're wearing your coat" scenario. Can cry and scream and kick all you want, but you don't ultimately get a say in the outcome.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    It is obvious that Bondings as they are now, will be the way they will be. The devs changed (after our input) what they were willing to change...the uptime. They should just close the Bondings thread with a statement "The end is near". Then all the wailing and gnashing of teeth can stop.
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    niadan said:

It is obvious that Bondings as they are now, will be the way they will be. The devs changed (after our input) what they were willing to change...the uptime. They should just close the Bondings thread with a statement "The end is near". Then all the wailing and gnashing of teeth can stop.

No. I can almost guarantee this is what happened, as I've had manager's do this to me and I've done this to others. Its a great way to avoid some or all of an argument, making the other person feel like they won when they really lost.

Dev1: Ok, we need to address bondings. We are going to keep the 100% uptime, but bring the stats down to 50% at R12, and then add 2 new levels to get them back up to 65%. I don't have to tell you, this is going to hurt and the players will have a field day.
    CommunicationsManager: Tell them it will be 50% uptime only, with those nerfed stats. Give them a day to stew on it. Then we will relent and go back to 100%, but keep the same stats. The players will see this as a win and some will settle down a bit.

Anyways, has anyone done this new skirmish and know what drops?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    As annoying and frustrating as it may be, issues of game balance aren't by popular vote. The Devs had made up their minds that bondings would get nerfed long before the thread got started. The Random Queue still leaves a bad taste in my mouth but at least we got some improvements to loot as well as account wide unlocks.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • number13deathnumber13death Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Please don't tell me that's going to be the Mod 12b patch. I really have to wait a month to have bag space?
  • thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    > @number13death said:
    > Please don't tell me that's going to be the Mod 12b patch. I really have to wait a month to have bag space?

Lol. I am all broken up about your bag issues.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    And remember folks, all these 'fun' changes go live just two days before the Masquerade of Liars event. Neverwinter...Putting the "trick" into "Trick or treat". *smh*
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • nfreeman29nfreeman29 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yay Chult!