test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.85.20170808a.17

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10667744

Comments

• iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Do you mean "lore" as in information and backstory, or "lure" as in the items needed to summon hunts? Just checking and making sure there isn't a typo. :)
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    "Aboleth Artifact Weapons: The Impending Death effect no longer causes enemies to dance."

Well HAMSTER. That was half the fun of those weapons. :)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017

Do you mean "lore" as in information and backstory, or "lure" as in the items needed to summon hunts? Just checking and making sure there isn't a typo. :)

Since it says "lore entries," I'm sure it means lore for I've never heard lures referred to as "lure entries." I'll ask her never-the-less.

• ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    Why were only the chest piece stats adjusted? There are discrepancies on all my CW pieces. I have close to 1800 points less stats on all my 3 other armor pieces as seen here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1233963/statistic-discrepancy-on-primal-armor

Please look into this. Having almost 1.8k less total stats on my helm/arms/feet than other classes is completely unfair. I'm hoping the patch notes were a typo and all gear pieces' stats were adjusted.

• melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    Anything being done about the final boss at TONG not dropping loot? I get seals, but no AD and no drops.
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    Aboleth Artifact Weapons: The Impending Death effect no longer causes enemies to dance.
    \o/
  • number13deathnumber13death Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    No mention of the bug with Portobello's Game. Was it fixed?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

No mention of the bug with Portobello's Game. Was it fixed?

Huh?
    Portobello's Game: Artificer's Workshop: The final Beholder Tank click should no longer become stuck in a non-interactable state.
    • KNOWN ISSUE: The updated interaction is a little finicky. It's there, but can be somewhat difficult to click on.

• brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    Chult
    - Hunt targets now drop lore entries when defeated.

Absolutly wrong, nothing happen, no entries in catalog, no loots on kills.
    So it's a fake release notes!!!!

Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • timor211timor211 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User

NOTHING NOTHING and NOTHING !

• brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    brewald said:

Chult

Absolutly wrong, nothing happen, no entries in catalog, no loots on kills.
    So it's a fake release notes!!!!

Just LOOOL
    It' a new entrie in the encyplopedia with the description of the boss you have killed.
    Absolutly useless and absolutly doesn't match with the expectations of the players community.

Thx for listening..
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    ph33rm3 said:

Why were only the chest piece stats adjusted? There are discrepancies on all my CW pieces. I have close to 1800 points less stats on all my 3 other armor pieces as seen here: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1233963/statistic-discrepancy-on-primal-armor

Please look into this. Having almost 1.8k less total stats on my helm/arms/feet than other classes is completely unfair. I'm hoping the patch notes were a typo and all gear pieces' stats were adjusted.

Sorry to stomp on your dreams, but the discrepancy is in defensive stats. If you look at the defensive stats across classes, they are balanced so that classes that wear heavier armors in D&D get the most defensive stats (and sometimes reduced offensive stats) and the lighter your armor, the less you get. Your offensive stats are the same as any other DPS class.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @timor211 said:
    > - Hunt targets now drop lore entries when defeated.
    >
    >
    > NOTHING NOTHING and NOTHING !

I'll check on this tonight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    zebular said:

Since it says "lore entries," I'm sure it means lore for I've never heard lures referred to as "lure entries." I'll ask her never-the-less.

Well, at least it is Lore entries & not Data entries 0,o

• artgardo#9806 artgardo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I have no luck with Beholder Tank(( See today in group 3 bots! May be they go 1000 times in day, and have chances. And I try go often, and still have no luck :(
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

ph33rm3 said:

Sorry to stomp on your dreams, but the discrepancy is in defensive stats. If you look at the defensive stats across classes, they are balanced so that classes that wear heavier armors in D&D get the most defensive stats (and sometimes reduced offensive stats) and the lighter your armor, the less you get. Your offensive stats are the same as any other DPS class.
    It would be fine, in my opinion to give less defensive stats on armor for dps classes if they still totaled the same amount of stats IE- If you're taking x away from defense put it in power or crit or whatever so that the armor all has the same amount of stat but it's obviously leaning more offensively than defensively.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

ph33rm3 said:

It would be fine, in my opinion to give less defensive stats on armor for dps classes if they still totaled the same amount of stats IE- If you're taking x away from defense put it in power or crit or whatever so that the armor all has the same amount of stat but it's obviously leaning more offensively than defensively.

I haven't run the numbers recently, but a tier of item's base defense and hitpoints does vary by class so the tankies get more and the squishies get less. Then the item also has a stat pool that should total the same across classes. In that regard, if the item gives power+crit, it should give the same amount of those regardless of class... but a Guardian Fighter might be given more defense and less crit, or even no crit.

tl;dr Every class should get the same amount of stats from their gear by item level, but some of the defense and HP are determined by a separate class-based calculation.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
This discussion has been closed.