test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tomb of Annihilation Owlbear Patch Notes: NW.85.20170808a.17

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Content and Environment
Chult
  • Hunt targets now drop lore entries when defeated.
  • House of the Crocodile: It should now be more difficult to get this quest into a "stuck" state.
Events
  • Summer Festival: The profession tasks to make Guild Feasts are now properly repeatable.
  • Portobello's Game: Artificer's Workshop: The final Beholder Tank click should no longer get stuck in a non-interactable state.
    • KNOWN ISSUE: The updated interaction is a little finicky. It's there, but can be somewhat difficult to click on.
General
  • River District no longer doubles up on Ritual Timers.
  • The frame rate in Fangbreaker Island should no longer take a major hit when the Dragon Turtle uses its Body Slam ability.

Items and Economy
General
  • Aboleth Artifact Weapons: The Impending Death effect no longer causes enemies to dance.
  • Primal and Pioneer Chest Armor: Stats were reviewed and discrepancies were addressed.

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    terramak said:

Content and Environment
    Chult

Nice!! To be honest, I always found farming hunt items to be really tedious, but this would make it much more interesting.

Do you know if anyone is looking at Arcane Singularity scattering enemies to the four winds? It's rendered my CW far less effective.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    Yo @terramak what about SW? that class has been nerfed to the ground, especially the Hellbringer paragon path.

Good job on Aboleth party wipe dance issue getting addressed, I don't have them but many people do and it is quite bad not to be able to react to enemy attacks properly because they dance in such a jerky way.
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    terramak said:

Content and Environment
    Chult

Thx for this great news.

Edit 1: NOT IMPLEMENTED
    Post edited by brewald on
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k

> @jaime4312#3760 said:

> Yo @terramak what about SW? that class has been nerfed to the ground, especially the Hellbringer paragon path.

>

> Good job on Aboleth party wipe dance issue getting addressed, I don't have them but many people do and it is quite bad not to be able to react to enemy attacks properly because they dance in such a jerky way.

Well my girlfriend has a SW and she's beating bad 15k GWFs, TRs and HRs with it.

Fixed it for you. You aren't even a SW so I really doubt you know what's wrong with the class.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Great job on patch notes. I'll really miss Storvald doing La Macarena though <3

Any word on the Death's Blessing Boon in Tomb of Annihilation campaign not giving Item level and being Listed as a feat instead of a boon?

Also! The campfire right before the second boss in master Spellplague Caverns STILL does not activate the ability to switch loadouts. It displays a message saying it's not a safe zone to stand in the campfire. Please fix! <3
    Post edited by bitt3rnightmar3 on
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User

> @jaime4312#3760 said:

> Yo @terramak what about SW? that class has been nerfed to the ground, especially the Hellbringer paragon path.

>

> Good job on Aboleth party wipe dance issue getting addressed, I don't have them but many people do and it is quite bad not to be able to react to enemy attacks properly because they dance in such a jerky way.

Well my girlfriend has a SW and she's beating 15k GWFs, TRs and HRs with it. I don't see a problem with the class.

Hellbringer is fine, Soulbinder needs a slight rework, as purely Single-target DPS doesn't work well in most standard play and its AoE presence is bad.

Soul Scorch should be changed to deal 20/30/40/50% of the damage done to the main target to enemies within 20 feet. If the initial target is killed by the attack, surrounding enemies take 100% of the damage instead.

Curse Consume should also be changed to Curse Synergy but keep the same effect. Constant reapplication of Warlocks Curse on a specific target in a mob is tedious and honestly something that should be unnecessary.

This single change would bring both Paragons in line with each other.
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited September 2017

> @jaime4312#3760 said:

>

>

Well my girlfriend has a SW and she's beating 15k GWFs, TRs and HRs with it. I don't see a problem with the class.

Well I have a SW and I can beat 15k GWF, TRs and HRs but they are just meh or bad :) . I have some examples in mind that I can beat even with my DC who never uses any empowered DPS encounter...
    With good GWF or HRs players, I can only do 65 to 80% of their damage in average (I lose a lot of damage during trash phases). And if I don't benefit from any cooldown reduction from the pally or DC, it is even worse for me.

That said, I am curious, so if you girlfriend is on PC, can you please give me her @ so I can check what you say.
  • hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    tgwolf said:

<

Hellbringer is fine, Soulbinder needs a slight rework, as purely Single-target DPS doesn't work well in most standard play and its AoE presence is bad.

Soul Scorch should be changed to deal 20/30/40/50% of the damage done to the main target to enemies within 20 feet. If the initial target is killed by the attack, surrounding enemies take 100% of the damage instead.

Curse Consume should also be changed to Curse Synergy but keep the same effect. Constant reapplication of Warlocks Curse on a specific target in a mob is tedious and honestly something that should be unnecessary.

Can I ask you simple question. Do you even play as warlock?
    It's already become kinda classic thing, when players from x class write feedbacks and suggestions toward other classes.
    Some DC or GF or x class guy/girl who haven't ever played with SW writes feedbacks and even suggestions/solution how balance it. And most common feedbacks are > SW oK, just need minor rework.< .

Anyways.. SW need rework, not paragon path but warlock over all.

And starting with Ability scores..
    SW is striker/dmg dealer, so his primary ability should add bonus dmg, just like GWF, HR, CW heck even DC gain bonus dmg increase from his primary ability..

While TR and SW primaries gives 0 bonus dmg increase... And this is why both TR and SW performance is kinda bad..

GF and OP are tanks so their primaries don't give bonus dmg increase but adds values which ment for their role, and it is tanking.

By reworking abilities so that their primaries would give extra dmg increase or even revise some feats so abilities would add dmg increase, both classes performance would be lifted a lot. And it would be way better than buffing each power separated.
    Post edited by hadestemplar#9918 on
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • maxthakillamaxthakilla Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Deleted.
    Post edited by maxthakilla on
    brewald said:

terramak said:

Content and Environment
    Chult

Thx for this great news.

Edit 2: In fact implemented, but release note in incorrect:

The good line of the release note is:

Hunt targets now drop lore entries in encyclopedia when defeated.
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
    edited September 2017
    tgwolf said:

> @jaime4312#3760 said:

>

HB isn't "fine" and it is taking yet another blow to its dps in mod 12b, as for soulbinder, it needs more than just a slight rework, the class overall needs some serious tweaking.

I second what spammy said, it's rather baffling seeing feedback on SW from people who don't even play the class nor know the basics about it and what's more, they state the class is well/deals top tier damage and needs minor/no tweaking.

There was a post on a SW thread on preview forums, guy talked about 2 supposedly top tier damage dealers with one of them havind around 72% crit rate, it was a SW and the sad part is the GWF only did 5% more damage (according to the guy). He also said that he would expect the SW to have low crit because of the owlbear... So yeah, people who don't know about the class type such things.
    spideymt said:

Well my girlfriend has a SW and she's beating 15k GWFs, TRs and HRs with it.

When? When they are all afk? Or do you have to write this bc she reads your posts? ^^
    AFK, lathander's set, 28% RI and legendary elemental fire weapons. Cat augment as summoned companion.
    Post edited by jaime4312#3760 on
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    brewald said:

brewald said:

terramak said:

Content and Environment
    Chult

Thx for this great news.

Edit 2: In fact implemented, but release note in incorrect:

The good line of the release note is:

Hunt targets now drop lore entries in encyclopedia when defeated.
    You mean an entry in your journal's lore section?

Did you think this note meant an item drop of something called a "lore entry"? That isn't how lore functions in NW. It's a type of journal entry, not an object.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    @beckylunatic

I've tried to kill rare mobs for lures, nothings happened, no loot...
    I have kill a "Vivegriffe" (goblin boss) and have a new entry in my encyclopedia, no more.
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Ehm... yeah, that sounds like it works exactly how anyone who understood what a "lore entry" is would expect it to work.

You know when you're doing a quest and click a sparkly thing or cross a certain bit of terrain and the game pops up some text and you can read your new journal entry for more information?

That's lore. Lore = learning
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
This discussion has been closed.