test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Centralized bug tracking

micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
edited September 2017 in Bug Reports (PC)
As an attampt to facilitate and promote better communication and easier bug reporting, and hopefully easier to reproduce reports, and less double reports, for some time there is a small initiative to gather at least some of the bug reports into a more centralized and more accessible form. For that we have gathered those into a Trello board.

LINK HERE

It is in no way or form official, endorsed, or has any promise of achieving anything, but we do hope that it can at minimum prevent multiple posts of the same bugs, to help the devs prioritize and forward to the right people (QA, UI, Graphics, Sounds, System.. etc), to hopefully one day a two-way communications where bug can be tagged as in Cryptic internal Jira system or need better description or reproduction case, etc... And hopefully it could be accessed and used by the QA people and more..

To make this succeeded, help with providing detailed description, reproduction, or if needed additional info or corrections is appreciated (or links to the relevant threads), and it will be added.

Feel free to post in this thread. (I'm sure that there will be a disagreement over some things, if they are a bug or not so please no spam here so it wont kill with notifies and as such actually prevent from adding stuff)
Please include platform (PC, Xbox, PS4) if applicable.

@frozenfirevr
@darthtzarr
@thefabricant
@rjc9000
@sirjimbofrancis

And thanks to @frozenfirevr for starting it up.
Post edited by micky1p00 on

Comments

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    reserved
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    My little contribution as posted in forum bug reports concerns the Energon Companion:

I have to unslot then slot my energon each time I change instances to get the full HP effect.

Example:

HP without active Energon approx = 223K

HP with active Energon approx = 233K

HP with active Energon when unslotted then slotted approx = 235K and returns to 233K after instance change or upon first logging in.

I have 5 legendary companions and VIP and suspect there is some strange interaction where max HP used to calculate Energon bonus is off. VIP is not the issue, as I have the same problem on Preview.

I realize this is a very small bug in the whole scheme of things, however, there may be other Max HP / Buff issues that exist with other classes / feats / items that this Energon bug may help to uncover or prevent in the future.
    Post edited by niadan on
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Thanks for putting this together.

Feature request: Export all information currently available in the guild management UI, including fix for incorrect or missing quantities.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Unconfirmed bug:The fireplace before the 2nd boss of msp do not allow you to change between loadouts. I was on a cw trying to change from SS to MOF
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    As a warlock, since mod 12 whenever a puppet appear after using killing flamme, it dies right aways.
    It dies right away alone before anything hit it.
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    edited September 2017

As a warlock, since mod 12 whenever a puppet appear after using killing flamme, it dies right aways.

It dies right away alone before anything hit it.

Hmm... My puppets were fine... Only played the intro portion though...
    FrozenFire
  • diloul#3484 diloul Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    > @frozenfirevr said:
    > As a warlock, since mod 12 whenever a puppet appear after using killing flamme, it dies right aways.
    >
    > It dies right away alone before anything hit it.
    >
    > Hmm... My puppets were fine... Only played the intro portion though...

Oups sorry, i did not realise this is PC only, my bad i'm on ps4.
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User

> @frozenfirevr said:

> As a warlock, since mod 12 whenever a puppet appear after using killing flamme, it dies right aways.

>

> It dies right away alone before anything hit it.

>

> Hmm... My puppets were fine... Only played the intro portion though...

Oups sorry, i did not realise this is PC only, my bad i'm on ps4.

This is not PC only, however, that bug has already been fixed on PC and is likely on its way to console at some point.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• lifesongxboxlifesongxbox Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Add ability to collapse all or expand all to the Journal.

I love the ability to see them by region but not being able to collapse them all is annoying. It doesn't always keep what you had before. A simple "Collapse All" would allow me to quickly jump to the area based quests I am looking for.
    Xbox One - 14.1K HR
    Feature Request: Show Healthbar for large monsters that you are attacking (Large in size such as T-Rex) so that you can know how much health they have.

They already do this for "bosses" (aka Hunts, Tiamats, Dragons, etc), but when hunting say a T-Rex that is rather tall, I often can't see his health because I have to look at the ground for my attacks (cordon of arrows will shoot past them if my targeting is off). Maybe only trigger this healthbar to show if you are in the area and have damaged it. Upon leaving the area (certain distance away) without killing it, the health bar would hide from view.
    Xbox One - 14.1K HR
    edited September 2017
    Feature Request (Consoles) - As a Rank 12 VIP member, I find that I use the VIP items a LOT. I would love it if the menu item was easier to get to rather than at the bottom of one of the menus. Maybe make it a top level menu.

Edit to include that is primarily for Consoles as PC's can use hotkeys.
    Post edited by lifesongxbox on
    Xbox One - 14.1K HR
    Feature Request - Change color of party member names on maps to make it easier to find their names and identify where they are. It used to be a brighter color and was easier to find, but the blueish color makes it hard to find your teammates...especially in certain maps.
    Xbox One - 14.1K HR
  • kisakeekisakee Member Posts: 193 Arc User

Feature Request: Show Healthbar for large monsters that you are attacking (Large in size such as T-Rex) so that you can know how much health they have.

They already do this for "bosses" (aka Hunts, Tiamats, Dragons, etc), but when hunting say a T-Rex that is rather tall, I often can't see his health because I have to look at the ground for my attacks (cordon of arrows will shoot past them if my targeting is off). Maybe only trigger this healthbar to show if you are in the area and have damaged it. Upon leaving the area (certain distance away) without killing it, the health bar would hide from view.

Why don't you just zoom out?

Bugs:

- campfire in Batiri temple doesn't let u switch loadouts as well
    - you can't buy campaign tokens in zen shop if you already finished them

QoL:

- switching guild boons with loadouts is already implemented
    - an option for retrain tokens to keep power points and only reset everything else
    r9jtqurw.jpg

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

Feature Request - As a Rank 12 VIP member, I find that I use the VIP items a LOT. I would love it if the menu item was easier to get to rather than at the bottom of one of the menus. Maybe make it a top level menu.

You are on PC? You can bind the action to keys, or make aliases, I personally never use that menu at all. I just type /tp or /bank for example.
    kisakee said:

Why don't you just zoom out?

I am zoomed out as far as it goes but I doesn't work well for my HR or when you are right up next to the enemy you are trying to fight. I literally have to pause some of my rotations so I can glance up in the air to see him.

I am on the Xbox.
    Xbox One - 14.1K HR
    micky1p00 said:

Feature Request - As a Rank 12 VIP member, I find that I use the VIP items a LOT. I would love it if the menu item was easier to get to rather than at the bottom of one of the menus. Maybe make it a top level menu.

You are on PC? You can bind the action to keys, or make aliases, I personally never use that menu at all. I just type /tp or /bank for example.
    I am on Xbox. Should have mentioned that. I'll try to edit my suggestion to indicate for consoles.

Xbox One - 14.1K HR
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    @micky1p00, you might wanna add a 'Include Platform Tag' line to the OP.
    FrozenFire
  • preechr#2215 preechr Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    PC - Quest Tracker often makes no sense, taking me off the map I'm on after I've completed something... This could be considered a feature request, but it seems to me there is some sort of priority intelligence to it, and that seems clearly broken
    It should only consider quests in my zone, then prioritize based the most recent quest taken
    It should also factor in for subzone, or possibly distance to target, for example in a Sharandar subzone I shouldn't be led back out to the main area just because that quest is complete and I shouldn't be directed back to the quest giver to turn in a quest when I have more quests to complete in that subzone
    This buggy behavior seems to be due to all new content being dailies and weeklies rather than the more lineal progression of everything up through Elemental Evil... In the leveling zones, when you complete a quest, the quest giver sends you to the next quest giver
    Without that, the Quest Tracker seems to think I should go do something else entirely
    PC - Also a Quest Tracker/Journal bug, I still can't abandon the Masquerade quest, and it constantly resets itself to the most important thing I should be doing even though I've tried many times to disable it and the event is not up
    PC - May be a Quest Tracker feature request, but when in a party and both pick up a quest that has variables (ex: Stencil Cipher drop quest in RD, there are randomized nodes that need to be touched in order) and the variables are different for the party members, the quest cannot be tracked
    This could be as easy to solve as calling them Quest Name - Player Name instead of lumping the two essentially different quests into the same quest because they have the same name
    When in a party, if quests were listed as assigned to the player in this way, it would also probably solve the problem of errors produced when trying to run a one-time quest for someone in the party, as now the Tracker thinks we are trying to share the quest and cannot allow that if someone in the party has also completed it and it is not repeatable
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    QoL request:
    Update the Vault of Piety AND the overflow rewards please, for heaven's sake it's so outdated.

Bugs:
    - The Arkaiun courser is not displaying its tooltip: https://imgur.com/a/dZIka
    - Some previously zen-only mounts and companions are not showing in the collection as owned even when they're equipped / in the stable if you win them in dungeons (for me the companions are those for the moment, every one of them earned in instance so not via Zen, probably causing the non-update of the collection: https://imgur.com/a/w6qMN and the mounts are like several green quality horses like Tethyr, Amnian etc).
    - Some Chult League's item can't be crafted. Either the recipe is false (assault instead of raid, etc), or the item is non-existant and you just lose the materials. https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1234751/leagues-assault-josan-leatherworking-task
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Mod Note: Moved to Bug Reports (PC) and stickied. Thanks!
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

While this isn't a huge deal I'd like to mention here anyway. The final boon of Tomb of Annihilation Campaign 'Death's Blessing' Does not award Item level. It's also listed as a 'Feat' instead of a 'Boon' and that's just weird.

I'd also like to second the issue about the Campfire before the second boss in Spellplague. I can't change loadouts there and neither can anyone else whom I've known that has tried.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• xx0dessaxxxx0dessaxx Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I had a list but these are some that came to mind when I saw this (thank you for this thread)

XBox:

Game Glitches /Player Progression
    1. Lure out enemies in Bryn shander glitches/enemies don't spawn. Same with Totems.
    2. River District heroics glitches/ enemies don't spawn
    3. Chult Port Patrol - Some companions stuck on boardwalk / Cannot board boat to proc bonding (seems minor til you think support classes doing 6 runs like this solo).
    4. Shores / Kessles (probably more) after defeating last boss unable to pick up rolled loot on ground because party disbanded.

Cosmetic
    1. Legendary Lion Mount loses Saddle once mounted
    2. Make quest targets easier to see (IE: the ill settlers in Lonelywood are wearing green on green and the cleansing quest markers are impossible to see in Chult).

General:
    1. Reel in enemy aggro line of site in Chult. Two mobs descending on people are ridiculous.
    2. Shorten distance fear goes (see number one). Running past two mobs and ended up with three is not fun.
    3. Tone down stunning effect. Lions can stack stuns to where you aren't able to recoup, the electrical stun lasts too long (who thought stunning players with multiple enemies was a 'fun' and 'challenging' idea?).

Misc:
    1. Is there a way to search to see if something has been addressed on that site? For instance, I was told the Plaguefire was not working properly.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

Misc:
    1. Is there a way to search to see if something has been addressed on that site? For instance, I was told the Plaguefire was not working properly.

Any bugs which were resolved (and had a card on the board) were placed in the very right-hand column called "Resolved", which denotes any of the bugs solved on PC.

• darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited September 2017

Misc:

It's also worth noting that you can use the Filter Cards button in the menu to search for cards that contain specific keywords or tags.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    niadan said:

My little contribution as posted in forum bug reports concerns the Energon Companion:

I have to unslot then slot my energon each time I change instances to get the full HP effect.

Example:

HP without active Energon approx = 223K

HP with active Energon approx = 233K

HP with active Energon when unslotted then slotted approx = 235K and returns to 233K after instance change or upon first logging in.

I have 5 legendary companions and VIP and suspect there is some strange interaction where max HP used to calculate Energon bonus is off. VIP is not the issue, as I have the same problem on Preview.

I realize this is a very small bug in the whole scheme of things, however, there may be other Max HP / Buff issues that exist with other classes / feats / items that this Energon bug may help to uncover or prevent in the future.

I have just tested this on preview with a naked character, with and without Toughness Feat, and low and behold this issue only happens when you have the Toughness Feat and the Energon. It does not happen when you have only one or the other. I wonder if there are other powers,feats, etc from other classes that may behave similar when it comes to buffing Max HP by a percentage.
    Post edited by niadan on
    bogie7 said:

Basic Problem - Cann't play more than 10/15 mins without Rubberbanding then Kicked to DT. EST. Problem manifests during daylight hrs. After 17:00 settles down. Traffic problem my end ?? Anyone else ??

Some heavy zones do lag, but there can be other problems like not enough bandwidth, background downloads, your location and ISP, etc...
    FrozenFire
This discussion has been closed.