test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Artifact set (belt-neck-artifact)

troll090troll090 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited September 2017 in The Temple
Hi everybody!
With my DC I'm about 12K of GS, 23(27)K power, 11(14)K recovery, 4(6)k crit. The two spec i use are RiDO and ViDO. Brackets values are with only bonding runestone active.
About 6 month ago a guildmate of mine told me that the set on title for a DC was the Lathander's one. I've finally made it to orange but now i've heard that it's not the best for a DC and the BiS is the Tiamat's one. Is it right or there is another set for us DCs?

EDIT: i have both artifact at liv 80, tiamat's for the stat, lathander's only for the set bonus
Post edited by troll090 on

Comments

• clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    I think its much of a muchness, stats wise they are pretty much the same, as for the set bonus (if you have it) neither help out a cleric that much. If you got the Eye of Lathandar to complete the set, I would stick with what you have got, the resurrect feature can come in handy at times, and to waste the refining to change over to a Tiamat is simply not worth the cost. Spend the extra refining on an alt if you have one. I also would add the Sphene set here, I also think its much of muchness in how it compares to Tiamat or Lathandar.

I have a Tiamat set but I would really not want to change over to another that is considered "BIS", under the current game meta, what the people, that are in the lfg chat, are looking for is a "need 14+ DC for tong" a Anointed Army spambot where the only stats you should bother with are power and recovery. If your aim in this game is not just to please these people (who btw tend to include a lot of players that will kick at the slightest sign you don't meet expectations), then with those stats you have with a DO, with a terrifying insight and launching Hallowed Ground and other party buffs makes you BIS already. Any reasonable party cannot say what you there have is not good, you should be able to do the hardest content if you and your party understand how the boss mechanics work.
  • troll090troll090 Member Posts: 8 Arc User

I think its much of a muchness, stats wise they are pretty much the same, as for the set bonus (if you have it) neither help out a cleric that much. If you got the Eye of Lathandar to complete the set, I would stick with what you have got, the resurrect feature can come in handy at times, and to waste the refining to change over to a Tiamat is simply not worth the cost. Spend the extra refining on an alt if you have one. I also would add the Sphene set here, I also think its much of muchness in how it compares to Tiamat or Lathandar.

thank you clericalist for your answer. I already have both artifact, tiamat's only for the stat and lathander's only for the set, both about liv 80, so changing is not an issue... changing set, i can take another artifact, like the controller's one, that gives me stat that i need most in place ad useless stat...
    another thing you mentioned is the "sphene set". i can't find it in the collections, so i can't compare the stat in game and can't find the way to get it, maybe because i have the client not in english so the name may change a lot

I have a Tiamat set but I would really not want to change over to another that is considered "BIS", under the current game meta, what the people, that are in the lfg chat, are looking for is a "need 14+ DC for tong" a Anointed Army spambot where the only stats you should bother with are power and recovery. If your aim in this game is not just to please these people (who btw tend to include a lot of players that will kick at the slightest sign you don't meet expectations), then with those stats you have with a DO, with a terrifying insight and launching Hallowed Ground and other party buffs makes you BIS already. Any reasonable party cannot say what you there have is not good, you should be able to do the hardest content if you and your party understand how the boss mechanics work.

with that stats and an ACDC in party, i can have HG on about 100% time on hati, but my goal is to do things even if i'm the only DC in the party...
    when i'm RiDO i don't have enough crit to compare myself to other dps, i'm doing about 50% less damage mainly, i think, because i have only 14% crit chance, so evertything i can do to increase that side too is welcome...
    thanks again for your answer
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I go with the Imperial set as it offers both STR and WIS. The artifact has Recovery. What I dislike about this set is that the artifact has zero power on it making it feel inferior to other sets. Personally I have seen some DC's using the Orcus set for the added dmg bonus it offers, which is good if you are going for a DC DPS build.

Another possibility is going with the belt of Wisdom, a company cloak and using the four artifacts you feel are best for your character.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    In theory orcus will give you better dps but only marginally because the stats on the orcus set are just wrong for DC and PVE (deflect). Currently an argument that can be made that the best set is no set at all. Just go with whatever has the best stats for your build. Imperial belt is good for RIDO because of Wisdom and Crit, for the next you can go with the Sphene but I think the stats are wrong there also so you can make a case that imperial, valindra, or lol neck works depending on the stats you need. For arti's just take the ones with the best stats for your build.
  • troll090troll090 Member Posts: 8 Arc User

I also would add the Sphene set

I've found it, about 600K the belt and 450K the neck (only green). Not aviabile RN...

I was searching something that can do both, good for RiDO and ViDO, and maybe in the future a third set AC when my base power goes over 30K...

troll090 said:

I also would add the Sphene set

I've found it, about 600K the belt and 450K the neck (only green). Not aviabile RN...

I was searching something that can do both, good for RiDO and ViDO, and maybe in the future a third set AC when my base power goes over 30K...

I went imperial set as it offers the ability to proc some additional damage. The artifact does have 1K recovery which is nice for a DC but the Lifesteal on it is not needed. But I stuck with it as I like the +2 to STR and Wis for additional DPS when I solo content.

As for the neck almost any neck can work for you since we are after POWER as our primary and secondary stats are usually Recovery, Critical Strike, and/or Armor Pen.

Another option for DC is going with the company gear.

Company Assault belt gives +2 STR and +2 CHA
    Company Raiders Cloak for +2 STR and +2 INT

This set will provide you Power, Crit, Recovery and Armor Pen. Using these two together also provide 500 more power.

You get +4 STR, +2 CHA and +2 Int. Now if you start off with 20 WIS 15 CHA and 13 STR and set INT to 8 you will end with

27 WIS
    12 INT
    12 DEX
    12 CON
    STR 20 or 21
    CHA 20 or 21

I would put 3 points into both STR and CHA and that would leave you with 1 point to distribute as you see fit.

Than your last goal would be to pick artifacts.

Sigil of the Devoted as your main.
    Symbol of Air
    Symbol of Fire
    Sigil of the Hunter

4K Power, 2.6K Recovery, 2K Defense and some other stats....

If you want a more DPS focus character with stats for your DC I would go with the following four artifacts.

Eye of the Giant
    Fragmented Keys of the Star
    Tiamat Orb

Hope this helps you out...

This is another way to build a DC.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User

If you want a more DPS focus character with stats for your DC I would go with the following four artifacts.

Eye of the Giant
    Tiamat Orb

Nope, DPS: Wheels, Sigil of the Controller, Fragmented Keys of the Star, Orcus Set. If using mix and match artifact set, the last artifact is open to any power/crit/arp artifact.
    edited September 2017
    jazzfong said:

Eye of the Giant
    Tiamat Orb

Nope, DPS: Wheels, Sigil of the Controller, Fragmented Keys of the Star, Orcus Set. If using mix and match artifact set, the last artifact is open to any power/crit/arp artifact.

Let's first talk about the orcus set and why it is not as effective as you might think.

As for the neck, deflection is not a good stat for a DPS DC, almost any other neck will provide a stat better than deflection. Since DCs are not considered DPS in game their gear is not really DPS focused, so getting a belt that offers another offensive stats is better.

As for the waist, you do gain 2% increase in critical chance from Str but +2 Con, yuck... This also has deflection. The belt I provided above provides a 2% increase in recovery and critical chance. The best belt would be greater Wisdom for the +4% increase in damage; however, like the Orcus neck the Wisdom belt provides a defensive stats over an offensive stat and that can hurt your DPS. If a player wants a good DPS belt that does not provide any defensive stats, the imperial belt is a good belt for +2 STR and WIS.

Orcus Shard Artifact - Power is the only stat here that is helpful to a DPS DC.

Overall you are reducing your DPS stats for an average of 5% gain in damage. Go with other pieces of gear and you will be better off long term stat wise for your character and damage wise it will not be that far off from the orcus set.

In fact if you go with the company gear that provides +2 Wisdom and the Wisdom belt the increase in damage would be 6% which is actually a bit higher than the orcus set. However, the neck and belt going this route will not contain all offensive stats. Instead, you will get Deflection, Lifesteal, and defense. Though the gain would be similar to the Orcus set and free up an artifact for one that will provide more DPS stats.

As for the artifacts I picked....

Let's talk about the wheel and why it is not effective, it is called, someone jumps in front of you and now you do not get that bonus damage. Also, the wheel has diminishing returns based on the enemies level, the higher level they are the less bonus you get. Meaning enemies above level 70 your wheel will provide a low boost to your overall damage. The other thing is, the only really good DPS stat from the wheel is Power like the Orcus set.

Sigil of the Devoted IMO is BiS for almost all class given that it gives 100% AP for your daily. This can result in some nice damage numbers. On my characters that use this as their main, there are times where I can use 3 dailies in about a minute providing me some really nice damage.

Eye of the Giant: Power, Crit Strike, Armor Pen, and HP....all good for a DPS

Fragmented Key: Power, Crit Strike and Armor Pen - similar to the eye minus no HP gain

Tiamat Orb vs. Sigil of the Controller - this would depend upon stats and what a player may or may not need. I went with the Orb as it provides 500 in 6 stats and that is a good thing as it allows a player to be a bit more flexible in other areas of their build. The Sigil of the Controller you gain 500 more power and critical strik and that is good but than you may have to work on other stats another way.

There is so many ways to build a DC DPS in this game. The thing is though, you have to look at all stats to see if what you are doing is negatively or positively impacting your build.

If I was to make my DC a DPS focus...I would probably go with the Company Duelist Cloak, Greater Belt of Wisdom, and the artifacts I listed below. This would provide me with the following overall stats....

+6 Wisdom = 6% increase in damage
    +2 Dex
    Power: 5,192
    Defense: 2030
    HP: 2,000
    Armor Pen: 2,000
    Critical Strike: 1,600
    Recovery: 1,030
    Action Point Gain: 600
    Incoming Healing Bonus: 600
    Deflection: 530
    Life Steal: 530

Yeah not perfect stats...but enough to allow some flexibility in how I build up a DC.

If a player go for max Wisdom from the start the ending result will be a 33 base with the gear listed above or a 23% increase in damage. This is prior to using any potions to boost it further. Rarely do I see any DC with a Wisdom above 28, forget having it at 30+.

If you go with the Orcus set, maximum you could achieve is 27 and that is a 17% increase in damage. With the Orcus set providing around a 5% increase and not having optimal stats between the Artifact, belt and neck you take a hit not only in losing a bonus to your wisdom but in other stats as well. Add to the lack of DPS stats from the wheel and your setup is actually a bit behind what I have here.

Like I said about the wheel, it is a hit or a miss and if you do it the Fire, you will not always get that 30% due to the enemies level, the higher they are the lower your bonus damage is. With the Sigil of the Devoted, you hit that and you get full AP for another daily. I have had way better luck with the sigil over the wheel. And as someone who constantly steals other players Fire I can state it is very easy to do it and well, I feel bad for the other player because I can still get bonus damage from using my daily and gaining AP faster due to my artifact and shoot off another daily....

• bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    I'm using the Sphene set now but for a very long time I used the Tiamat's Amulet and a Greater Belt of Wisdom. I liked them so much I even kept them in case I want to use them down the line for some reason. The benefit you get from having an artifact set bonus isn't really worth it in my opinion for either Lathander or Tiamat. Just use what you've got. if you want an AP neck swap to Tiamat's amulet and keep your Lathander's belt. Nothing wrong with that at all.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    @mebengalsfan#9264

Thanks for your opinion, now i will say mine. DPS DC dont neccessarily need recovery, with avatar and mount bonuses, i can get enough recovery for 2 rounds of encounters. In group play, with other classes buff you can cast HG permanently with pityful amount of recovery. Yup, for the flat damage bonus from WIS we can get more higher base damage, but that isnt the real case. I had tried all types of combinations of artifact set excluding the new sphene set. In fact orcus set deals more damage than mix and match set, but it is not as major as u think, just 3.1X% more than mix and match WIS set. Because DCs use encounter as their main dps method, after spamming DG, chains and divine chains, normally the mob pack is already at least or lower than 50% of their HP, an orcus-set-buffed empowered daunting light can clear all things at once which is more convinient.

Regarding wheels, you are right the buff may be stolen by others, but who will cast wheel without jump casting it if they need fire buff? DC sigil is the worst investment for DC, an extra flamestrike per 60 sec is meh, or waiting for HG cooldown for 10 more sec at full AP bar is even more meh. Since HG cd nerf, DC sigil no longer serve any purpose and can be left in bank forever.

My personal rotation during dpsing is simple, jump forward into mob pack and cast wheel in the air, proc mount bonus for 10+5% power into recovery, fall into fire buff, being hit by mob, proc avatar and righteous suffering, spam encounters and kill with empowered daunting light. Within the buff uptime of wheel fire buff, i can spam 2-3 set of encounters, including divinity encounters, but mostly normal mob pack wont need you to use 4th set of encounters, and for elite mob in group play, you are not supposed to dps lol.

Im only 14k+ DC, far from 16k+ BIS, maybe orcus set doesnt help much at BIS level, but for my level i think it is better for me, just my opinion though.